Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A trip down memory lane 19:36 - Sep 27 with 3760 viewsR17ALE

I've found this gem on You Tube. The full match coverage of a Dale win at Burnley in September 1991. I wonder how many posters on here were there. I bet several weren't even born. Good to see Turf Moor as it was too.



Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

0
A trip down memory lane on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 275 views442Dale

A trip down memory lane on 13:06 - Oct 1 by TVOS1907

They didn't, but most players tended to stick to the same shirt number, until two players who had both worn, say, number 10 in previous games, were picked in the same team, then one had to change.


Numbers were far more interesting back then.

Using Whitehall as an example, he wore, from memory, 2, 3, 7, 9, 10,11 as well as subs shirts.

Can remember an away game at Darlington under Barrow when he wore number 9. For a centre forward this may appear nothing unusual, but I believe (and TVOS will put me right) this and the following game were the only times he wore 9 for the club.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026