Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) 13:56 - Jan 4 with 3845 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Ticket News:

Hartlepool United v Rochdale - Kick off 3.00pm - N-power League One - Saturday 7th January 2012,

We are allocated in The Rink End and Advanced Prices are as follows:

Adult £25,
Concessions (Under 19s, Students, Under 16s, Over 60s. Proof of ID) £13,

Please Note: Tickets are already on Sale by calling Hartlepool United Ticket Office on Phone Number 01429272584 (extension 2) and Ticket purchases from the Ticket Office incur the following charges Credit Card will be charged 4% per transaction and Debit Card will be charged £1 per transaction

Hartlepool United Away Day News Official Rochdale AFC Coach prices:

£15 Adult & £12 Child with a £1 Discount to Season Ticket Holders this leaves Spotland stadium, 12.00PM on 07/01/2012 for more Information call in at the Club Shop or Call 0844 826 1907 and press ( option 3 )

How To Get To Victoria Park:

From the North (A19):
Exit the A19 at signpost Hartlepool A179 and turn left onto the A179. Follow signs to Hartlepool for 1.3 miles over two roundabouts. At third roundabout turn right (s/p Town Centre, Docks A179) onto Easington Road. Follow Town Centre A179 signs for 1.5 miles over two roundabouts. At third roundabout (easily recognised by the big balls!) turn right onto Marina Way. At the next roundabout there are two choices - straight on and left to the parking at Jackson's Wharf in the marina area, or right and then left at the lights into Clarence Road to the ground.

From the South (A19):

Exit the A19 at signpost Hartlepool A689, Motorway A1(M). At roundabout turn right (s/p Hartlepool A689) and continue on the A689 for 4.3 miles, through the village of Newton Bewley, to the roundabout by the Owton Lodge pub. Go straight on (s/p Town Centre A689) and follow Town Centre signs for 2.8 miles, over two roundabouts. At the traffic lights just past the Blacksmiths Arms on your left, go straight on. At the next traffic lights go straight on again over the bridge into the new marina complex and straight on again at the roundabout into Marina Way. This is the area for the Jackson's Wharf parking. To get to the ground itself continue to the next roundabout and turn left (s/p The North A179, A1048). Turn left at the lights into Clarence Road to the ground. Should the A689 be closed - carry on along A19 until the A179 (see From the North).

From the Railway Station (Hartlepool):

It is about half a mile by foot to the ground. Walk out of the station to the main road (Church Street) and turn right. Follow the road and the floodlights come into view. Cross the main A179 and bear right into Clarence Road to the ground.

Parking:

There's a car park behind the Mill House Stand and street parking around Raby Road. Please keep valuables out of sight!

The Ground:

Home supporters are accommodated in the Cyril Knowles Stand, the Mill House Stand and the Expamet Town End Terrace. Away supporters have 961 seats in the Rink End Stand (named after a long-demolished dancehall where many a Hartlepool couple first met) and have modern catering and toilet facilities. Entry is by turnstiles 1 and 2 in Clarence Road.

The Club Shop is situated just inside the main car park of Victoria Park, behind the main office building. Opening hours are as follows:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday (matchdays) : 10am - 3pm, 4.30 - 5.30pm
Saturday (non-matchdays) : 9am - 1pm

The Ticket Office is situated on Clarence Road and the opening hours are as follows:

Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Saturday (matchdays) : 10am - 3pm, 4.30 - 5.30pm

The Supporters Association HQ - "The Corner Flag" - is on the corner of the Mill House and the Rink End stands. Visiting supporters are welcome to join Pools fans in a quiet drink before and after the game.

Induction Loop System

"The Royal National Institute for the Deaf estimates that some 8.7 million people in the UK have some degree of hearing loss."

With this in mind, the Disability Discrimination Act states that any business or organisation providing a product or service to the general public must "provide auxiliary aids and services (such as installing an induction loop) to enable or make it easier to use a service" wherever information is verbally provided.

In assisting to break down the barriers faced by many hearing-impaired people, Hartlepool United has installed an induction loop system to the family enclosure of the Cyril Knowles Stand

What is an Induction Loop System and how does is work?

An Induction Loop allows hearing aid users to receive signals picked up and transmitted directly to the hearing aid telecoil - the 'T' position.

A person with impaired hearing will be able to overcome the difficulties of a noisy environment or poor acoustic space and hear more clearly.

The loop is an insulated thin wire which runs all around the perimeter of the environment to be served. The size of the field required can vary depending on the application.

The Induction Loop is served by a driver amplifier which is fed from the stadium sound amplification system. This ensures that all routine and safety broadcasts will be broadcast via the Induction Loop system.

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:41 - Jan 4 with 1080 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 16:07 - Jan 4 by maybee

Same here.

Sad really...as we deserve the support, but it's scandalous that Hartlepool (with a shyte away end) can even consider charging us £25 to sit in that freezer. £18 would be too much given the facilities.

It's a dilemma for those who will still attend, but they are part of the problem by condoning the pricing structure. If no-one went, (not just from Dale...from most teams)Hartlepool would have to have a re-think.

Wow! wow, wow!

Who is going to do the "just Back" then.........major problem.

Please nominate yourselves guys!
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:42 - Jan 4 with 1084 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Official Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolunited

Official Twitter:

Official_HUFC

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:47 - Jan 4 with 1077 viewsColDale

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:42 - Jan 4 by DaleAwaydayBot

Official Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/hartlepoolunited

Official Twitter:

Official_HUFC

its worth remembering that the supporters of Hartlepool do not set the entrance fee, and no doubt would have full sympathy for a club not a million miles away from themselves in terms of size. It's one thing emailing the club to explain away the decision not to attend, but it would be pointless spamming their fb/twitter accounts.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:49 - Jan 4 with 1070 viewschuckleberry

Myself plus two of my regular travelling companions aren't attending due to the ridiculous price. If £25 is acceptable this season what about next season?
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:49 - Jan 4 with 1066 viewsBrierls

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:40 - Jan 4 by _dezzy

I'm breaking my silence on this message board for this 1, ( not bothering saying why i don't post no more)

But have been saying since tazz posted this early in the season i ain't going to hartlepool, and paying £25, under eyre the decision would of been easy, but now beech has took control, and our recent signings its a lot harder, even turned down the chance of a free ticket, but am not going due to principles, i hear some are planning to go in home end?

Surely attending with a free ticket would be doing an even better job of sticking two fingers up at Hartlepool's pricing?
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:51 - Jan 4 with 1068 viewsChaffRAFC

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:39 - Jan 4 by ColDale

Ordinarily, I'd have no issue with joining in some sort of boycott up there on Saturday. But we've got a bit of momentum for the first time all season, and a win on Saturday can only add to it. Can't blame anyone for saying enough is enough when it comes to price rises, but we've got a relegation battle to fight for.

I agree we've got a relegation battle to fight Col but we did when we played Swansea and took 45 fans down there under Parkin and came home with a vital point.

I want to be there and would be if it wasn't for the price. There is no way that I'm paying £25 to watch a game of football at a league 2 (at best) standard ground. This doesn't make any of us any less dedicated than others.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:57 - Jan 4 with 1046 viewsColDale

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:51 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

I agree we've got a relegation battle to fight Col but we did when we played Swansea and took 45 fans down there under Parkin and came home with a vital point.

I want to be there and would be if it wasn't for the price. There is no way that I'm paying £25 to watch a game of football at a league 2 (at best) standard ground. This doesn't make any of us any less dedicated than others.

absolutely, I've no issue with anyone choosing not to go.

Think you're being a bit precious about the ground tho. I'd rather pay £25 to watch us at dump like Gay Meadow than £20 at the New Meadow.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 18:00 - Jan 4 with 1036 views442Dale

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:51 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

Totally agree with that, you're more dedicated than me for a start!

However, is it too late to think of ways for those who are taking a stand against the £25 to still be present? The only way I've come up with so far is refusing to buy food/drink. Do this with an accompanying flyer* that can be given to the tea bar/head steward/club office and immediately they are aware of the issues fans have. And crucially fans are present and not spending much more in total than they would with admission + food + drink.

Add programmes onto this too?

* the flyer could be quickly drawn up and posted on here, people can print it for themselves or en masse to give out on the coach/to mates etc.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 18:00 - Jan 4 with 1037 viewsRalphs12

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 16:09 - Jan 4 by ChaffRAFC

I mentioned boycotting on Twitter. I feel everyone should boycott this match as an away supporter. An adult price of £25 is disgusting at Hartlepool. The away end is about as big as the Sandy Lane end but with seats and has an awful view with posts in the way.

You could understand paying £25 at bigger clubs in the Championship, and at a push, Sheffield Wednesday but Hartlepool? It's daylight robbery but they can charge this much because people will give in and pay it. If nobody bothered, they'd be forced into a rethink.

I for one am not going.

If this had been £26 quid I would definately not go, but £25 has got me tempted.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 18:11 - Jan 4 with 1006 viewsKenBoon

We're paying £25 to cover their supporters cheap season tickets. It's a con. A crap stand, which should carry terrace prices even though its seated. (David Mellor Voice) The Taylor Report (End Mellor Voice) didn't stop at its recommendations for stadium safety improvements (removal of fences, terraces, etc). It also went on to recommended sensible ticket pricing for these, but Football Clubs conveniently forget this.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 18:27 - Jan 4 with 985 viewsR17ALE

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 18:00 - Jan 4 by Ralphs12

If this had been £26 quid I would definately not go, but £25 has got me tempted.

If it had been £21 or £20 I'd have gone. It's just that £25 is a dangerous new ceiling, and one I'm not prepared to pay to be housed in a shit hole of an end.

If we all paid out £25 this season, you can bet the next ceiling of £30 would be only a couple of seasons away. I accept that 442's idea of not buying anything else whilst up there means the total spend would be equal, but it's not about a few quid, it's the principal.

I'd be very interested if Walkley Owl could post visiting numbers to Hartlepool for this season and last season. I think we could see a 50% reduction in like for like matches. (We took 349 last year. I doubt we'll take more than 175 this year at those prices. 349 x £18 = £6,282. 175 x £25 = £4375. No wonder 'Pools are in debt!).

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 18:38 - Jan 4 with 958 views442Dale

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 18:27 - Jan 4 by R17ALE

If it had been £21 or £20 I'd have gone. It's just that £25 is a dangerous new ceiling, and one I'm not prepared to pay to be housed in a shit hole of an end.

If we all paid out £25 this season, you can bet the next ceiling of £30 would be only a couple of seasons away. I accept that 442's idea of not buying anything else whilst up there means the total spend would be equal, but it's not about a few quid, it's the principal.

I'd be very interested if Walkley Owl could post visiting numbers to Hartlepool for this season and last season. I think we could see a 50% reduction in like for like matches. (We took 349 last year. I doubt we'll take more than 175 this year at those prices. 349 x £18 = £6,282. 175 x £25 = £4375. No wonder 'Pools are in debt!).

Unfortunately they'll almost be prepared to take losses from some games because they know Sheff Wed & Utd, Huddersfield and Carlisle will sell out. Then teams like Charlton and Preston will take as many as they would anyway because they're used to such prices etc.

Read some Carlisle fans speculating about whether they will get extra tickets after they sell out their allocation!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 18:49 - Jan 4 with 936 viewsSandyman

Can't get to as many away games as i would like. I can go to this one but will not do so as £25 is an unacceptable price to pay. As was £23 at the biffo's. Or over £20 anywhere imho. If fans keep on paying these prices, clubs will only think to increase them not decrease them. Ask friends and workmates etc why they don't go to games regularly - cost is usually the answer.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 19:08 - Jan 4 with 903 viewstracedale82

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 17:39 - Jan 4 by Brierls

I'm going, it's loose change.

Just kidding. The pricing is extortionate and I would have boycotted had I not missed the Walsall and Preston games. I need to see Beech's Dale in action.

Same here, missed the new year fixtures but more to the point have a student ID to get in for £13.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 20:09 - Jan 4 with 834 viewsSalwaDale

If anyone who is boycotting the game wants to see cheap football, Chorley isn't a bad day out. If you have a season ticket for Dale, bring it along - only costs £5 (I think - just gone up due to their financial difficulties).

We've started going there where possible this season as we can't get to too many away games - due to other commitments on a Saturday morning but also because of the price on one or two occasions.

Has a real 'old-fashioned football' feel to it. You can change ends at half time. Whatever you do, don't sit down. Did that once along with a few other messageboarders and my bum still hurts. Also crowd should be swelled by protesting Blackburn Rovers fans.

Sorry for the shameless plug but they have become my second team. It is fun watching football without the pressure of being really bothered about the result.

TBBT

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 22:10 - Jan 4 with 763 viewsSFD

I havent decided yet but if I do go will most likely be in the home end, perhaps we should all do this ?
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 22:39 - Jan 4 with 736 viewsdalenumber2

Everyone who is boycotting should make their feelings known to the club

enquiries@hartlepoolunited.co.uk

it may just make them think.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 22:55 - Jan 4 with 728 viewsFrog

Typical, one of the few that give student discount and I can't go, bugger.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 23:00 - Jan 4 with 723 viewsAtThePeake

Being a student I'm not too bothered about the price, and seeing as Hartlepool is less than half an hour from my student flat, me and my dad were gonna go up, watch the game and then I was gonna stay up in the North East.

Whether he'll still want to go when hearing this though, I'm not sure.

Tangled up in blue.

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 23:15 - Jan 4 with 709 viewsShun

Think I'm going to have to dust off the student ID for this one too, only a few years out of date.
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 11:14 - Jan 5 with 625 viewsFrog

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 20:09 - Jan 4 by SalwaDale

If anyone who is boycotting the game wants to see cheap football, Chorley isn't a bad day out. If you have a season ticket for Dale, bring it along - only costs £5 (I think - just gone up due to their financial difficulties).

We've started going there where possible this season as we can't get to too many away games - due to other commitments on a Saturday morning but also because of the price on one or two occasions.

Has a real 'old-fashioned football' feel to it. You can change ends at half time. Whatever you do, don't sit down. Did that once along with a few other messageboarders and my bum still hurts. Also crowd should be swelled by protesting Blackburn Rovers fans.

Sorry for the shameless plug but they have become my second team. It is fun watching football without the pressure of being really bothered about the result.

Are you only going Wigan because it's where Steve Eyre used to play and you're missing him?
Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 11:46 - Jan 5 with 600 viewsG_Dale

I'm not going because of the price. Might have a look at getting Dale player again, if it's on offer or owt.

Poll: Dale player. Do you use it?

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 13:47 - Jan 5 with 551 viewsSalwaDale

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 11:14 - Jan 5 by Frog

Are you only going Wigan because it's where Steve Eyre used to play and you're missing him?

What a terrifying thought. Thinking of SE, would he be more or less out of his depth at a non-league part time team? Possibly more.

TBBT

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 16:34 - Jan 5 with 504 viewsToffeemanc

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 13:47 - Jan 5 by SalwaDale

What a terrifying thought. Thinking of SE, would he be more or less out of his depth at a non-league part time team? Possibly more.

Yes, without a shadow of a doubt as most of the players in non league would be older than teenagers

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Away Day Guide: Hartlepool United Away (Ticket News, Club Coach & Travel Information) on 16:35 - Jan 5 with 501 viewsdalekilburn

Does anyone know whether i will have to buy a ticket from Rochdale or will i just be able to pay on the gate?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024