Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. 22:43 - Jan 7 with 4432 viewsrafcjosh

I imagined today that I would be 1 fan in a crowd of about 85, to see so many of us there was superb. We were very vocal for large parts of the game and fully got behind the lads in full spirit. It was good to see that because the players are going to have to hear us in this relegation dog fight.

Let's face it, we all now know that survival is a must for us right now. Nobody wants to go back to Accrington, no disrespect to Accrington but I much prefer visiting The Valley over the Crown Ground, we spent too much time in League 2 to simply just throw it away so easily. Last season we proved we deserved to compete with the likes of the massive Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton, Southampton & Huddersfield, it's too good to lose it all.

So if we are going to stay up we need to start playing our parts as fans of this football club we all adore, we need to get vocal and get behind the lads on match day! Preferably starting on Saturday against an on form Stevenage side, who like us last year they are proving there a good prospect in this division, It's going to be no easy game at all. The team need to reproduce the sort of good play we saw against Preston and we need to rally together, help them get the result and an extremely vital 3 points for Chris Beech & Rochdale Football Club as a whole.

Roll on next weekend, Up The Dale.

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 17:16 - Jan 8 with 955 viewsStudiousDale

In reply to the OP we could still be in League 1 next season, but with the way things are going outside T'Dale playing away at Accrington and not Charlton!
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 17:35 - Jan 8 with 938 viewsBrierls

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 15:31 - Jan 8 by D_Alien

I'll be frank with you

Constant singing/chanting/drumming- regardless of what's happening on the pitch, is a complete pain in the arse

Most supporters enjoy the ebb & flow of games - having a constant racket (for me) diminishes my enjoyment of what's actually happening on the pitch

In a word, it's mindless

I've done my years standing and singing in the Sandy, and I challenge anyone to say they're a better supporter than me, but I prefer to watch seated in the Pearl St now and offer vocal support at the right time - when it's actually going to have an effect! - than throughout the game

I respect your views, but serving up Accy as an example of good support just doesn't wash with me
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I couldn't agree more. It's singing & chanting for the sake of it, and that's exactly how it comes across. Half-arsed chanting isn't going to offer encouragement to the players in the way that genuine feeling and emotion to whats happening on the pitch does.

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 18:51 - Jan 8 with 893 viewsRalphs12

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 17:35 - Jan 8 by Brierls

I couldn't agree more. It's singing & chanting for the sake of it, and that's exactly how it comes across. Half-arsed chanting isn't going to offer encouragement to the players in the way that genuine feeling and emotion to whats happening on the pitch does.

Thirded. Not to mention how embarrassing some of our chants are to say the least.

"we've got Brett Ormerod"

I'm all for singing, but come on. Also, singing about loan players more than your contracted players is a particular gripe of mine. Balls done jack recently but he will get a chant regularly. Jason Kennedy on the other hand, my player of the season, how often is this lads name belted out?

Rant over.

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 18:55 - Jan 8 with 889 views442Dale

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 18:51 - Jan 8 by Ralphs12

Thirded. Not to mention how embarrassing some of our chants are to say the least.

I'm all for singing, but come on. Also, singing about loan players more than your contracted players is a particular gripe of mine. Balls done jack recently but he will get a chant regularly. Jason Kennedy on the other hand, my player of the season, how often is this lads name belted out?

Rant over.

That Ormerod song is one of the worst ever!

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 19:03 - Jan 8 with 882 viewsPDIDDY

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 00:59 - Jan 8 by Rockerdale97

Here Here Jones will always be a legend but the time has come to call an end to his career at Rochdale and move on. Lets bring in a young centre midfielder for backup with league experience in league 2. Andrew Procter fits the bill.

there was upror when hill only offered jones a 12 mth deal, errr most of this boards messiah threw 2 yrs at him and woopy fekin do, errr is the man..... now jones is past it, hilly knows his stuff

Gissa job

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 19:15 - Jan 8 with 870 viewsShun

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 19:03 - Jan 8 by PDIDDY

there was upror when hill only offered jones a 12 mth deal, errr most of this boards messiah threw 2 yrs at him and woopy fekin do, errr is the man..... now jones is past it, hilly knows his stuff

Glad I'm not the only one with a memory P-Diddlington. Over the past few months I've seen countless posts lambasting Eyre for giving Jones a 2 year deal!
To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 19:23 - Jan 8 with 863 viewsolympicdale

To the 225 who went to Hartlepool today & the rest who wasn't there. on 18:51 - Jan 8 by Ralphs12

Rant over.

not having a chant for Jay is as criminal as anything Eyre did/didnt do, wheres Rkershaw when you need him.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024