Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm 18:22 - Jan 8 with 9840 viewsNorthernr

According to Glenn Moore who ghost writes his Indie column.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:52 - Jan 8 with 1463 viewsWatfordR

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:35 - Jan 8 by waveydave

Im gutted for the man and feel to cry. I thought he was a great manager and man. And before anyone critices him remember what he has done for this club.
He was english and spoke like the normal man. Now im gonna have to put up with whats probably gonna be some mediterean sweet talker

Keith Curle, Mick Jones also gone. Statement from TF thanking NW for his loyalty, integrity and professionalism. No such statement regards his assistants. That may be a clue.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:53 - Jan 8 with 1450 viewsderbyhoop

Back to Briatore management.
If we don't finish in the bottom 2 I'll be back on here to apologise (along with a few others). But I'm not convinced we'll win another 2 games between now and the end of the season, without a serious injection of quality players. Any new manager has to bring in those players and get them to gel in less than 6 weeks.
Yesterday we lost our most consistently creative player. In all likelihood for the rest of the season. Warnock rested Kenny, Ferdinand, SWP and left HH on the bench. It was patently clear that those who came in to replace those names (+Traore and Taraabt) are nowhere near good enough.
The fact that we are 17th is a tribute to Warnock.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:55 - Jan 8 with 1437 viewsheadhoops

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:42 - Jan 8 by Northernr

For people giving Fernandes stick, it's his money and his investment. Big plans for the club hinge on Premiership survival. he had to either sack him right now or keep him until the end of the season because of the transfer window and the way our fixtures have fallen and he's gone for the former. It's his decision, if we stay up it will be vindicated, if we're relegated them knock him for it at the end of the season.

Not giving TF stick - just as you say if we stay up he will be vindicated. If you look at things from TF's position Northern is right he's put his money in and calls the shots.

He gave NW the money as soon as he was in position, the stats speak for themselves - 1 home win, 2 points from the last 24 and we really didnt look good at Stadium MK.

As Warnock says himself, if the takeover had taken place earlier things might have been different. Football is a results business and we aint been getting many results lately.

Tough decision all round - hard to take but we now have to do what we always do support the team.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:55 - Jan 8 with 1428 viewsBedford_R

From the offish:-

Queens Park Rangers Football Club has today (Sunday 8th January 2012) parted company with Manager Neil Warnock.

Warnock joined the Club in March 2010, overseeing 84 matches in charge, winning 33, drawing 27 and losing 24.

Last season, he successfully guided the Club back to the Premier League for the first time in 15 years.

The Board's commitment to retaining our Premier League status ultimately led to this decision.

QPR Assistant Manager Mick Jones and First Team Coach Keith Curle have also left the Club.

QPR Chairman, Tony Fernandes, said: "This decision has been made in the best interests of the Club and I can assure everyone that this is not a decision that was made lightly.

"Sadly, our recent run of poor form has seen us slip alarmingly down the table and the Board felt it was the right time to make a change.

"Neil has acted with honesty, professionalism and integrity throughout his time at the Club, and I would personally like to thank him for his significant contribution to QPR over the last 22 months.

"I genuinely wish him all the very best for the future and he will always be welcome back at Loftus Road."

QPR Vice-Chairman, Amit Bhatia, added: "It is with a very heavy heart that we make this announcement.

"I played a key role in bringing Neil to Loftus Road and consider him to be a close personal friend and a great professional.

"I would like to place on the record my thanks to him for transforming us from a Championship Club to a Premier League Club.

"As a Club we have gained enormously from Neil's wisdom, experience and leadership. He has always performed his managerial duties to the very highest of standards.

"I wish Neil every success going forward and he will always be welcome at QPR.

"I now look forward to the future and the rest of the season as we work towards stabilising our position in the Premier League."

Neil Warnock said: "Obviously I'm very disappointed, but having achieved so much, I leave the Club with a great sense of pride.

"I have enjoyed my time here more than anywhere else and the QPR fans have been brilliant with me - they deserve success.

"My biggest regret is that the takeover didn't happen earlier, because that would have given me the opportunity to bring in the targets I'd pinpointed all last summer and probably given us a better chance to succeed in the Premier League."

He added: "The board at QPR are hugely ambitious and I wish them every success for the future.

"I've been involved in the game a long time and I will be spending the immediate future with my family and friends before deciding my next career move."

The Club will now begin its search for a new Manager and will make a further announcement in due course.

The Club will be making no further comment.

RMH_R Reborn

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:59 - Jan 8 with 1390 viewstinhead

Absolutely gutted for NW.

Thanks Neil for all you did. Shame it didn't work out and I absolutely think you're a legend for what you did/had to put up with.

I hope you can keep a soft spot in your heart for us!

Puny God!

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:00 - Jan 8 with 1378 viewsgazza1

It is a results game......look at our results over the past few weeks(performances aint been too good either tbh) - that is why the jury was out & NW sacked.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:01 - Jan 8 with 1355 viewsDorsetR

shocked , didnt think they would actually do it to the great man
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:01 - Jan 8 with 1355 viewsbosh67

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:00 - Jan 8 by gazza1

It is a results game......look at our results over the past few weeks(performances aint been too good either tbh) - that is why the jury was out & NW sacked.

Warnock's first bad patch since taking over and he's gone. It may be a results game but as it's been documented many times, if bad patches got every manager sacked Alex Ferguson would have been sacked a dozen times in his first 5 years!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:01 - Jan 8 with 1354 viewsQPRCambs

For people giving Fernandes stick, it's his money and his investment. Big plans for the club hinge on Premiership survival. he had to either sack him right now or keep him until the end of the season because of the transfer window and the way our fixtures have fallen and he's gone for the former. It's his decision, if we stay up it will be vindicated, if we're relegated them knock him for it at the end of the season.

Agree absolutely. I'm gutted about this but we've got to acknowledge the right of the Board to make the call. The sad fact is that despite all the mitigating factors - injuries, piss-poor refereeing, lack of quality in the squad - what TF and Amit will have seen in recent weeks is the same as us - an inability to deliver the basics such as keep the ball, take throw-ons, deliver some quality from set pieces, etc. and that does reflect very badly on the coaching staff.

The other thing to remember is that not everyone behaves in a knee-jerk way like Tango did in the film. If TF and Amit have said that they thought long and hard about this then I would be inclined to believe them.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:03 - Jan 8 with 1327 viewsBens_dad

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:23 - Jan 8 by ballbag

HOLY SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!

If Warnock identifies 3 or 4 signings and we spend 12mil, then we lose at Newcastle and at home to Wigan and he is then sacked. A new manager has players he may not want and has no time of budget to buy any more. I hated Warnock before he came but I love the man now. But I honestly feel he can't cut it in the prem. One up front against West Brom, Norwich, Sunderland, MK etc plus Macheda on the left wing, SWP playing anywhere except the right wing. I think it is the right decision. Sad though it is.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:05 - Jan 8 with 1288 viewsJuzzie

Three pages in and no comment form SpiritOfGregory? Well SoG, I hope you're happy. I just hope for all our sakes we survive.

Neil, thank you for everything you've done. For stabilising us in 2010. For the Championship winning season and at least for everything up until now. Legend.

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:06 - Jan 8 with 1283 viewsNeil_SI

It is sadly a results and performance driven business, but it's still a very knee-jerk and heavy handed reaction to our recent form. It's too short-term, and really, any manager coming here now knows that he's one bad patch away from the sack. I had hoped we'd see more stability over a period of time, but we're just like every other club now.

We need a longer term vision and strategy, which includes the potential of relegation, because becoming a yo-yo club and developing year on year is also a method of becoming an established Premier League side. It may not be the route that everybody wants to see, but it's actually one of the better routes to sustained success and stability.

I'm disappointed and my main concern at the moment is whether the players are starting to run that dressing room rather than the manager. It's going to take a strong character to take control and earn respect, and we're on a very delicate road now because it's up to the players whether they want to play ball or not, or whether any new signings will be allowed to settle in and gel, and so on.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:11 - Jan 8 with 1246 viewsSurreyHoop

Absolutely saddened by this news. Thank you Neil, for what you achieved during your tenure at this club- you made supporting the R's a pleasurable and memorable experience again. I wish you all the best for the future.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:11 - Jan 8 with 1245 viewsJamie

The fact that the club were happily making offers on Warnock's targets a few days ago is proof that this is a snap decision after MK and the 'fans' bombarding Fernandes.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:12 - Jan 8 with 1222 viewsNorthernr

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:11 - Jan 8 by Jamie

The fact that the club were happily making offers on Warnock's targets a few days ago is proof that this is a snap decision after MK and the 'fans' bombarding Fernandes.

Again, not sure I agree. Rumblings for a couple of weeks about the anticipated transfer window activity being halted.

And to be honest after yesterday I can see why they've made the decision.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:13 - Jan 8 with 1206 viewsTGRRRSSS

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:06 - Jan 8 by Neil_SI

It is sadly a results and performance driven business, but it's still a very knee-jerk and heavy handed reaction to our recent form. It's too short-term, and really, any manager coming here now knows that he's one bad patch away from the sack. I had hoped we'd see more stability over a period of time, but we're just like every other club now.

We need a longer term vision and strategy, which includes the potential of relegation, because becoming a yo-yo club and developing year on year is also a method of becoming an established Premier League side. It may not be the route that everybody wants to see, but it's actually one of the better routes to sustained success and stability.

I'm disappointed and my main concern at the moment is whether the players are starting to run that dressing room rather than the manager. It's going to take a strong character to take control and earn respect, and we're on a very delicate road now because it's up to the players whether they want to play ball or not, or whether any new signings will be allowed to settle in and gel, and so on.

This could be the main concern the players calling the shots in the dressing room...
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:14 - Jan 8 with 1192 viewsRobbyQPR

Im absolutley gutted. i love Warnock and I think given a bit of time he would of sorted as we were not playing too badly and we got a rotten slice of luck in reality. I feel sick for him. that was really harsh i think. i will never forget him for what he has done. a true genius and a legend at Loftus Road.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:15 - Jan 8 with 1178 viewsJamie

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:12 - Jan 8 by Northernr

Again, not sure I agree. Rumblings for a couple of weeks about the anticipated transfer window activity being halted.

And to be honest after yesterday I can see why they've made the decision.

Unless Fernandes had already consulted Hughes and gotten his targets, who miraculously matched Warnock's targets and decided to try and get them in for him, then the club have been making offers for Warnock's targets.

Seems a decent shout that MK did it for Neil.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:17 - Jan 8 with 1150 viewsMichael_Hunt

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 18:35 - Jan 8 by ted_hendrix

Well all you fcks out there who wanted him gone I hope you're happy, just be careful what you wish for.

If whoever comes in can keep us up I'll come back and apologise.

Any player reading this;

Pull you're bastard fingers out

No more to be said ATAF!

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:18 - Jan 8 with 1132 viewsNeil_SI

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:13 - Jan 8 by TGRRRSSS

This could be the main concern the players calling the shots in the dressing room...

The other concern I have is how much influence fans have with the board over social media sites like Twitter. It's very easy for people to get carried away after a bad result, so I am interested to see how things shape up over the coming months and years in this regard.

I wonder how much this has an impact, not just on the manager, but all the requests for names and potential signings too, which shouldn't really be aired publicly. It seems like a nice idea at the time, and that communication between the club and the fans has increased and improved, but it has its drawbacks too.
Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:20 - Jan 8 with 1112 viewsqprwpg

Just read the news - holy shiiit! Unbelievable! Well, sort of believable. You could see this may happen but I thought it would blow over.

We'll miss him and remember him as a legend. ATAF!!

Twitter: @qprwpg

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:22 - Jan 8 with 1096 viewsN12Hoop

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:15 - Jan 8 by Jamie

Unless Fernandes had already consulted Hughes and gotten his targets, who miraculously matched Warnock's targets and decided to try and get them in for him, then the club have been making offers for Warnock's targets.

Seems a decent shout that MK did it for Neil.

No manager is likely to turn down the quality targets we've been linked with given what we have. Re NW he has been phenominal but no one can deny that our tactics, substituions and performances have been poor for weeks and NW's comments suggest he has been watching a different game. So I will also worship NW but it is time for a change and for someone who has a record of success on limited resources. Dont like him, but step forward Mark Hughes; step backwards Steve Bruce, Sven and the other names being linked.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:24 - Jan 8 with 1072 viewsBAWHoops

My thoughts on it all

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/warnock-leaves-rangers-fans-wi

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:27 - Jan 8 with 1053 viewspomanjou

Agreed, exactly the scenario I posted on another thread this morning although I said I set an 'extended timescale' of 2-3 days!!

There is a lot of sentiment on this message board but there is little reason to be gutted for Warnock. He has been paid money which most folks on these boards can only dream of and has been dropping hints for ages that 'retirement' was not far away. He's now got it, together with a golden cheerio. He was hugely successful for us in the second tier but maybe the Prem has found him lacking (again).

Its going to take a MON type impact to save us us from the drop and it has to happen very quickly even though they are only just starting to look (or so they say).

HIIDDINK is the only one who I can think of who may fill the bill.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Warnock gone, statement at 7.30pm on 19:27 - Jan 8 with 1042 viewsDaiHo0p

What a joke of a club..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024