Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? 17:43 - Jan 18 with 6413 viewssuc

Ok for me
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:44 - Jan 18 with 1955 viewsSalwaDale

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:41 - Jan 18 by Brierls

Just to calm things down a little, just seen the following tweet (with regard to Rob Heys speaking on Radio Lancs)...

#asfc Chief exec @robheys rubbishes talk of John Coleman joining Rochdale. Called it naughty journalism....bang on Rob

Aye, I'm sitting in my car listening to it now. Not something. They're dwelling on and stories completely rubbish. Think I might cancel my sky subsscription - the lying litltle idiots.

TBBT

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:45 - Jan 18 with 1938 viewssandylaner1

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:41 - Jan 18 by Brierls

Just to calm things down a little, just seen the following tweet (with regard to Rob Heys speaking on Radio Lancs)...

#asfc Chief exec @robheys rubbishes talk of John Coleman joining Rochdale. Called it naughty journalism....bang on Rob

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:48 - Jan 18 with 1914 viewsolympicdale

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:44 - Jan 18 by SalwaDale

Aye, I'm sitting in my car listening to it now. Not something. They're dwelling on and stories completely rubbish. Think I might cancel my sky subsscription - the lying litltle idiots.

*sighs*

Life is a game of fate.

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 18:52 - Jan 18 with 1888 viewsRAFCBLUE

He's established, tough, local and financially viable. So that's four boxes ticked immediately.

Can he cut it in League 1? Tough to say given he's unproven, but on his side would be the personal challenge and the performance related style of play against a number of teams he'll know well from his time at Accy. IF we appointed him I'd say we had the best manager of the bottom six for a dogfight.

It would be an interesting turnaround but youthful coaches are rare as hens teeth and in Hillcroft we were lucky with both the situation and the subsequent development of both those individuals.

If he comes then I hope that Chris Beech stays and continues the great job he's started with the youth. I've no doubt his time will come as a manager but its unfair to him to throw him in at the deep end of League 1 and expect instant success.

Coleman's gnarly and knows stuff that only nearly 600 games with Accy can teach you.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:36 - Jan 18 with 1713 viewsolympicdale

im gutted at this, if only to the fact that I wanted to believe that the board were doing something, talking to someone who realistically is our best option, something needs to change, just hope we are talking to people and something happens by Saturday.

Life is a game of fate.

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:40 - Jan 18 with 1693 viewsborodale4

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:36 - Jan 18 by olympicdale

im gutted at this, if only to the fact that I wanted to believe that the board were doing something, talking to someone who realistically is our best option, something needs to change, just hope we are talking to people and something happens by Saturday.

Gutted at the board talking to Coleman or gutted that apparently they are not?
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:41 - Jan 18 with 1689 viewsDALEYCADDERS

According to sky sports he's "poised to take over".
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7440828/Coleman-poised-for-Rochdal
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:42 - Jan 18 with 1677 viewsbilbobaggins

its true very true i did tell you all days ago if not a week ago it was going to happen
Login to get fewer ads

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:42 - Jan 18 with 1672 viewsD_Alien

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:41 - Jan 18 by DALEYCADDERS

According to sky sports he's "poised to take over".
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7440828/Coleman-poised-for-Rochdal

His lips are certainly poised!

Edit: Roccy, maybe he's a Kiss fan!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:44 - Jan 18 with 1658 viewsroccydaleian

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:36 - Jan 18 by olympicdale

I wouldn't mind Coleman, but with the money it's cost to get rid of Eyre/Bunn, can we afford to pay another club compo, if we take their manager?
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:46 - Jan 18 with 1635 viewsolympicdale

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:40 - Jan 18 by borodale4

Gutted at the board talking to Coleman or gutted that apparently they are not?

sorry wasnt too clear, gutted they arnt talking to him about taking over.

Life is a game of fate.

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:48 - Jan 18 with 1621 viewsDALEYCADDERS

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:46 - Jan 18 by olympicdale

sorry wasnt too clear, gutted they arnt talking to him about taking over.

But I thought they were?
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:50 - Jan 18 with 1599 viewsolympicdale

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:48 - Jan 18 by DALEYCADDERS

But I thought they were?

not according to the Accy chief exec on radio, no approach been made and he's going nowhere.

Life is a game of fate.

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:58 - Jan 18 with 1556 viewsrafc1984

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:44 - Jan 18 by roccydaleian

I wouldn't mind Coleman, but with the money it's cost to get rid of Eyre/Bunn, can we afford to pay another club compo, if we take their manager?

Yes I believe we can, of course it would make the playing budget smaller, but that would be one of the main benefits of landing Coleman, the fact he can work wonders on a small budget.
As for paying Eyre/Bunn off, if we cant reach a settlement that makes financial sense to our club, then we pay them off over the length left on there contracts, nothing to stop us doing that.
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 20:38 - Jan 18 with 1427 viewsDALEYCADDERS

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:50 - Jan 18 by olympicdale

not according to the Accy chief exec on radio, no approach been made and he's going nowhere.

I was just getting my hopes up.
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:04 - Jan 18 with 1297 viewsTVOS1907

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 19:44 - Jan 18 by roccydaleian

I heard a strange sound on the radio on the way home last night.

Not nice listening at all.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:09 - Jan 18 with 1270 viewsPDIDDY

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 17:58 - Jan 18 by rochdale1987

Spot on Iain, and he is a MANAGER, which is what we need at a time like this, if Coleman gets the job and doesn't manage to keep us up even though i think he would, he would do very well with us in league 2, he works wonders with a simple 4-4-2, nice attacking football, teamwork and discipline, if there is any manager who can save us i'd put coleman top of my list!

save you from what? lg 2 div 4 is your rightful place, uts

Gissa job

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:15 - Jan 18 with 1229 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:09 - Jan 18 by PDIDDY

save you from what? lg 2 div 4 is your rightful place, uts

PDIDDY you secret want us to stay up like the Oldham lot do so do many other Fans who have a soft spot for Dale like you your a very brave Bucket to establish yourself on here as a Regular over the Bucket Mong Board i respect you for your secret love towards our club

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:23 - Jan 18 with 1196 viewsmacro

Accy signed 2 players today, not the actions of a manager just about to leave voluntarily
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:38 - Jan 18 with 1141 viewsroccydaleian

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:04 - Jan 18 by TVOS1907

I heard a strange sound on the radio on the way home last night.

Not nice listening at all.

Crazy nights or God gave rock and roll to you?
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:42 - Jan 18 with 1117 viewsTVOS1907

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:38 - Jan 18 by roccydaleian

Crazy nights or God gave rock and roll to you?

Well it would have to be one of those two, wouldn't it, as there aren't any others.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:53 - Jan 18 with 1066 viewsBrierls

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:23 - Jan 18 by macro

Accy signed 2 players today, not the actions of a manager just about to leave voluntarily

Coleman made those loan signings yesterday. He then turned up at Prenton Park to watch two teams from a different division, and the 'Coleman to Rochdale' stories broke on Sky Sports and in the Lancashire Telegraph this afternoon.

Graham Westley signed Luke Freeman on a permanent deal for Stevenage the day after Preston had approached Stevenage for his services.

The 'Coleman to Rochdale' story may well be complete rubbish (said by Rob Heys), but Accy signing players doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:58 - Jan 18 with 1043 viewsDroylsdenBlue

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:53 - Jan 18 by Brierls

Coleman made those loan signings yesterday. He then turned up at Prenton Park to watch two teams from a different division, and the 'Coleman to Rochdale' stories broke on Sky Sports and in the Lancashire Telegraph this afternoon.

Graham Westley signed Luke Freeman on a permanent deal for Stevenage the day after Preston had approached Stevenage for his services.

The 'Coleman to Rochdale' story may well be complete rubbish (said by Rob Heys), but Accy signing players doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

No approach by Dale to Accy re Coleman, tweet from RichPartington just now also Beech to get every chance to make the job his
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 22:01 - Jan 18 with 1024 viewsBrierls

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:58 - Jan 18 by DroylsdenBlue

No approach by Dale to Accy re Coleman, tweet from RichPartington just now also Beech to get every chance to make the job his

Aye, just spotted that and told people to follow him on t'other thread.

Very clear message being given to RP by the look of things. The definition of 'every chance' is key; Beech had the chance against Walsall & Preston and the response was good (but only 2 points to show for it), but it was followed by two poor performances against Hartlepool & Stevenage. We've now had a good performance at Tranmere, so will the Wycombe game be the deal breaker? I'd suggest anything other than three points at Wycombe shoud mean Dale make a move to appoint an experienced man. I want three points at Wycombe!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 22:03 - Jan 18 with 1012 views442Dale

Coleman if it is true what do you think.? on 21:58 - Jan 18 by DroylsdenBlue

Thing is, he's possibly heading for his last chance - lose at Wycombe in a six pointer and results are becoming bad enough to make it very difficult for Beech to continue as caretaker boss.

Win and things change again of course. Such is the life of a temporary boss.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024