Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holty on way to Rangers 12:29 - Jan 31 with 2174 viewssince1907

Sky reporting that Holty on way from Norwich to Gers!
Holty on way to Rangers on 12:31 - Jan 31 with 2154 viewsfitzochris

They're using the Jelavic money to finance the deal - but a lot that cash is going to pay off debtors. A really bad move for Holt this, I have to say. Rangers are in a real mess.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:35 - Jan 31 with 2125 viewsToffeemanc

Don't see the sense in this move for Holt.

At Norwich: Club Captain, playing regularly and scoring regularly in the Premier League and earning a good reputation. Also has a God like status with the fans.

Joins Ranger: Wouldn't be captain, lower standard of football and very likely to be taking a drop in wages, as well as having to relocate north of the border.

If this goes through I would imagine it is because Norwich want to cash in rather than Holt wanting to leave.

It could also of course be "Sky Sports Understands" usual bullshit as I'm sure they tried running with this story in the last week or two as well.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:35 - Jan 31 with 2123 viewssweetcorn

Why oh why take a step backwards like this holty, should carry on doing what hes doing down at norwich and wait for another english club to snap him up. Theres only one way you go once you're in scotland and thats down. will probably score a ton of goals up there, since useless lumps like samaras and kris boyd have been prolific.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:37 - Jan 31 with 2099 viewsScunnydale

No! Terrible move, if this is true.

I can see why Hooper went to Celtic: young striker making a name for himself. Possibly get a big-money transfer to an EPL side.

The emphasis with Hooper was on 'young'.

Surely Holt should make the most of his time in the EPL, rather than fritter away his final good years in the EuroDisnae league.
Holty on way to Rangers on 12:39 - Jan 31 with 2085 viewsolympicdale

the only pulling point from moving to rangers or celtic is the guarantee of european football, players like Hooper/Commons would have had no chance at their previous clubs, same with Holt, unless one of the top 4 come calling, and cant see that.

Life is a game of fate.

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:43 - Jan 31 with 2058 viewsStAnnesDale

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:39 - Jan 31 by olympicdale

the only pulling point from moving to rangers or celtic is the guarantee of european football, players like Hooper/Commons would have had no chance at their previous clubs, same with Holt, unless one of the top 4 come calling, and cant see that.

For one round anyway with Celtic/Rangers......
Holty on way to Rangers on 12:49 - Jan 31 with 1993 viewsdingdangblue

Fairly close to Carlisle where his family are from may be a factor?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:55 - Jan 31 with 1939 viewsfermin

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:49 - Jan 31 by dingdangblue

Fairly close to Carlisle where his family are from may be a factor?

He's just moved his own family down to Norfolk, so it would seem an odd move:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/27/grant-holt-norwich-city-captain

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:58 - Jan 31 with 1911 viewsdingdangblue

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:55 - Jan 31 by fermin

He's just moved his own family down to Norfolk, so it would seem an odd move:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/27/grant-holt-norwich-city-captain

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Maybe his family havent settled after the move? who knows?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:59 - Jan 31 with 1907 viewsDale1990

Not happening, Norwich's CEO has said that none of their players are for sale
Holty on way to Rangers on 13:09 - Jan 31 with 1851 viewsSuddenLad

Holty on way to Rangers on 12:59 - Jan 31 by Dale1990

Not happening, Norwich's CEO has said that none of their players are for sale

That statement isn't worth the time it took to make.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Holty on way to Rangers on 13:12 - Jan 31 with 1826 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Chance to win trophies and play 2-3 games a season in Europe. He isn't going to get that at Norwich. If he isn't going to get up the Premier League with a move then Rangers would be his best chance.

I don't think many footballers would consider the financial plight of a football club when an offer, sign on fee etc are on the table (and their Agents are pushing the move along!)
Holty on way to Rangers on 13:26 - Jan 31 with 1755 viewswimborne_dale

Holty on way to Rangers on 13:12 - Jan 31 by Albert_Whitehurst

Chance to win trophies and play 2-3 games a season in Europe. He isn't going to get that at Norwich. If he isn't going to get up the Premier League with a move then Rangers would be his best chance.

I don't think many footballers would consider the financial plight of a football club when an offer, sign on fee etc are on the table (and their Agents are pushing the move along!)

Chance to win trophies against ONE viable opponent. If Rochdale were in a league with Bury, Rawtenstall, Rochdale St Clements and 8 other teams of similar standard them Rochdale would stand at least a 50/50 chance of winnning the trophy. The SPL is a farce.

And surely Dale and Bury would be just as good at getting mullered in Europe as the Old Firm rivals.

If he does make the move it is surely the money that's talking because from a career point of view he'd be better off at Accy.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Holty on way to Rangers on 13:28 - Jan 31 with 1741 viewsfitzochris

Holty on way to Rangers on 13:12 - Jan 31 by Albert_Whitehurst

I think the financial plight of Rangers, and the state of the SPL as a whole, should definitely be a factor a player should consider before going there.

If a player wants to get blinded by his agent and/or cash without looking at the bigger picture then more fool him.

However, I don't think it's giving some players enough credit to suggest they wouldn't.

Even an internet trawl of the Daily Record/Scottish Sun pages would tell the uninitiated more than enough about Rangers' current plight.

There was even an excellent investigative programme screened up here that uncovered a lot of nasty truths about Whyte's takeover of the club and the rocky foundations upon which it was built.

The fact Rangers have sold Jelavic, who is a better player than Holt (and McCoist vocally said selling him would derail any hope of a championship tilt), is more than enough of a statement about their financial predicament for me.

Add to that their charges on tax evasion (left from the previous legacy) and Ibrox doesn't make for a happy place at the moment.

Holty on way to Rangers on 13:41 - Jan 31 with 1668 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Holty on way to Rangers on 13:28 - Jan 31 by fitzochris

I think the financial plight of Rangers, and the state of the SPL as a whole, should definitely be a factor a player should consider before going there.

If a player wants to get blinded by his agent and/or cash without looking at the bigger picture then more fool him.

However, I don't think it's giving some players enough credit to suggest they wouldn't.

Even an internet trawl of the Daily Record/Scottish Sun pages would tell the uninitiated more than enough about Rangers' current plight.

There was even an excellent investigative programme screened up here that uncovered a lot of nasty truths about Whyte's takeover of the club and the rocky foundations upon which it was built.

The fact Rangers have sold Jelavic, who is a better player than Holt (and McCoist vocally said selling him would derail any hope of a championship tilt), is more than enough of a statement about their financial predicament for me.

Add to that their charges on tax evasion (left from the previous legacy) and Ibrox doesn't make for a happy place at the moment.

Agent pressure for a quick buck....they're not all wholesome individuals!
Holty on way to Rangers on 16:05 - Jan 31 with 1530 viewsboffley

Sky Sports are reporting that a Rangers bid has been rejected by Norwich.
Holty on way to Rangers on 18:56 - Jan 31 with 1365 viewsfitzochris

Holty on way to Rangers on 16:05 - Jan 31 by boffley

Sky Sports are reporting that a Rangers bid has been rejected by Norwich.

Mate says Gers offered a mere £500k for Holt and were, quite rightly, laughed out of the arena.

Holty on way to Rangers on 18:59 - Jan 31 with 1354 viewsdavidab2202

Just watched Anglia regional sports news--again saying it is not going to happen
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024