Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale fan R.I.P 14:53 - Feb 9 with 6749 viewsofficialdale

Nicky Adams just tweeted.

"RIP to the rochdale fan who lost his life 2weeks ago after the bury game. Absolute tragedy. My Heart goes out to his family. X"

Anybody know who it was etc?

RIP
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:05 - Feb 9 with 5276 viewsnew_eyra

Not 100% sure of his name or what exactly happened buy I was told a youngish Dale fan went out to celebrate the victory against Bury and although I'm not certain he unfortunatly fell down the stairs in his house I think when he returned home and sadly passed away. I think something should be done at the next match e.g minuites silence.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:11 - Feb 9 with 5240 viewsofficialdale

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:05 - Feb 9 by new_eyra

Not 100% sure of his name or what exactly happened buy I was told a youngish Dale fan went out to celebrate the victory against Bury and although I'm not certain he unfortunatly fell down the stairs in his house I think when he returned home and sadly passed away. I think something should be done at the next match e.g minuites silence.

Sad news
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:12 - Feb 9 with 5235 viewsmr_fri_night

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:05 - Feb 9 by new_eyra

It will be the lad mentioned here although not sure its for me to put his name on a messageboard thread. I didn't directly know the lad. Im sure there are rules on minutes silence/appalause and the person who has died had to be connected to the club (ie. a supporter isnt officially connected to the club)
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:18 - Feb 9 with 5211 viewsShun

Didn't know that. Very sad news.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:22 - Feb 9 with 5199 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:12 - Feb 9 by mr_fri_night

It will be the lad mentioned here although not sure its for me to put his name on a messageboard thread. I didn't directly know the lad. Im sure there are rules on minutes silence/appalause and the person who has died had to be connected to the club (ie. a supporter isnt officially connected to the club)

If so that rule seriously needs to be revamped.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:28 - Feb 9 with 5169 viewsTTNYear

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:22 - Feb 9 by AtThePeake

If so that rule seriously needs to be revamped.

I actual disagree. If we have one minutes silence for all the fans who follow the club, who die we could be doing one minutes silence every week, especially through a cold snap. It is an awful accident that happened but this fan should get no more or less respect than the myriad of fans who have sadly passed away in years gone by and nowts been done. Just my opinion like.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:31 - Feb 9 with 5147 viewsjudd

I believe he was 28. Funeral today. Players were to have formed a guard of honour or some such tribute. I think that is more in keeping with respect.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:38 - Feb 9 with 5128 viewsGhanaDale

My best friend's brother, I won't go into any details but the lad was a Rochdale fan through and through, taken from us at a horribly young age.

His family are sponsoring the Bournemouth game as a mark of respect for him, would be great to have a round of applause for him or something along those lines.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:41 - Feb 9 with 5116 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:28 - Feb 9 by TTNYear

I actual disagree. If we have one minutes silence for all the fans who follow the club, who die we could be doing one minutes silence every week, especially through a cold snap. It is an awful accident that happened but this fan should get no more or less respect than the myriad of fans who have sadly passed away in years gone by and nowts been done. Just my opinion like.

I'm not saying all fans TTN, just sometimes a fan is deserving of a round of applause/minutes silence in my opinion.

I'm sure we've had the odd minutes silence for supporters before? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:43 - Feb 9 with 5101 viewsAtThePeake

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:41 - Feb 9 by AtThePeake

I'm not saying all fans TTN, just sometimes a fan is deserving of a round of applause/minutes silence in my opinion.

I'm sure we've had the odd minutes silence for supporters before? Or is my mind playing tricks on me?

Suppose obviously then comes the issue of when is a fan deserving of one?...

Yeah, I do see your point, but I think if that is an actual law of the game then it's a pretty ridiculous one.

Tangled up in blue.

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:54 - Feb 9 with 5045 viewsClivert

Tragic news.

RIP.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:56 - Feb 9 with 5031 viewsSuddenLad

The minutes silence/applause has either to be approved or ordered by the FA. I'm sure the rule says that the club cannot make the decision alone, but have to seek permission, and the 'deceased person' has to fit certain criteria to be recognised in such a way on match days.

Club directors and/or players, club officials, or those who have lifetime associations with the club are the usual candidates.

Unfortunately (but understandably) no matter how long you have been a supporter, or how many games you've been to, over however many years, you wouldn't normally be afforded such an 'honour', simply on the basis of being 'a supporter'.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:09 - Feb 9 with 4981 viewsDorsetDale

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 15:56 - Feb 9 by SuddenLad

The minutes silence/applause has either to be approved or ordered by the FA. I'm sure the rule says that the club cannot make the decision alone, but have to seek permission, and the 'deceased person' has to fit certain criteria to be recognised in such a way on match days.

Club directors and/or players, club officials, or those who have lifetime associations with the club are the usual candidates.

Unfortunately (but understandably) no matter how long you have been a supporter, or how many games you've been to, over however many years, you wouldn't normally be afforded such an 'honour', simply on the basis of being 'a supporter'.

Personally don't give a toss what the directives are. If Dale wish to recognise anyone on match days it's simple enough for Dale players to come out early and line up for a minute's silence/applause without having to involve either the ref or opposition.
Not that I'm advocating that on this occasion. I'm with TTNY, how the fook would the uniteds and liverpools cope if they remembered every fan!?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:19 - Feb 9 with 4943 viewsgazdale33

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:09 - Feb 9 by DorsetDale

Personally don't give a toss what the directives are. If Dale wish to recognise anyone on match days it's simple enough for Dale players to come out early and line up for a minute's silence/applause without having to involve either the ref or opposition.
Not that I'm advocating that on this occasion. I'm with TTNY, how the fook would the uniteds and liverpools cope if they remembered every fan!?

Jesus if you had to do a minutes silence every week so what I don't find that a problem
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:30 - Feb 9 with 4900 viewsrafc1977

Didnt know that a fan had passed away until reading this thread, but I had visited the club shop around dinnertime today and when I was driving off (exiting via Sandy Lane) all the players and office staff were stood on Sandy Lane, so it looks like they were there to pay their respects. Nice touch Dale, RIP to our departed Dale friend.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:39 - Feb 9 with 4867 viewsKenBoon

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:19 - Feb 9 by gazdale33

Jesus if you had to do a minutes silence every week so what I don't find that a problem

Then there would be no point in a moments silence any more. Say a prayer/spend a moments thought for fellow fans at times like these, those are much more personal anyway. Have applause/silence for those linked directly with the club since it's more likely most of the crowd will know those people and have a game once a season where the fans who've died are remembered.

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:56 - Feb 9 with 4808 viewsgazdale33

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:39 - Feb 9 by KenBoon

Then there would be no point in a moments silence any more. Say a prayer/spend a moments thought for fellow fans at times like these, those are much more personal anyway. Have applause/silence for those linked directly with the club since it's more likely most of the crowd will know those people and have a game once a season where the fans who've died are remembered.

Ok good call I guess
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 17:04 - Feb 9 with 4787 viewsnew_eyra

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:56 - Feb 9 by gazdale33

Ok good call I guess

I suppose a minuites silence might not be the answer but someway of the club being able to pay it's respects would be nice
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 17:08 - Feb 9 with 4768 viewsBrierls

Awful news. R.I.P.

I agree with TTNYear (and others) regarding the minutes silence. The best option is a 'remembrance day', where there is a minutes applause for all fans, ex-players etc that have passed away that year. Lots of clubs do that.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 17:16 - Feb 9 with 4743 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 17:08 - Feb 9 by Brierls

Awful news. R.I.P.

I agree with TTNYear (and others) regarding the minutes silence. The best option is a 'remembrance day', where there is a minutes applause for all fans, ex-players etc that have passed away that year. Lots of clubs do that.

Charlton were doing one last Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 17:30 - Feb 9 with 4707 viewsPDIDDY

rip, glad he saw his beloved team win, very sad news

Gissa job

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 18:15 - Feb 9 with 4622 viewsClivert

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 17:08 - Feb 9 by Brierls

Awful news. R.I.P.

The 'Remembrance Day' is a nice touch and it certainly something that the club should look at doing.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 18:28 - Feb 9 with 4589 viewstwotribes

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 16:30 - Feb 9 by rafc1977

Didnt know that a fan had passed away until reading this thread, but I had visited the club shop around dinnertime today and when I was driving off (exiting via Sandy Lane) all the players and office staff were stood on Sandy Lane, so it looks like they were there to pay their respects. Nice touch Dale, RIP to our departed Dale friend.

I attended the funeral today . He was a true Dale fan and Sandy Lane regular.The service mentioned our win against Bury and it brought a smile on an otherwise sad afternoon. If its true about the players and staff coming onto the main road to pay their respects then thats fantastic.

Not sure about a minutes silence at the game he would much prefer everyone in the Radcliffe to raise a glass to a chorus of Dale..Dale ...Dale... and of course beat Bury every year.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 19:03 - Feb 9 with 4523 viewsDoris

Rochdale fan R.I.P on 18:28 - Feb 9 by twotribes

I attended the funeral today . He was a true Dale fan and Sandy Lane regular.The service mentioned our win against Bury and it brought a smile on an otherwise sad afternoon. If its true about the players and staff coming onto the main road to pay their respects then thats fantastic.

Not sure about a minutes silence at the game he would much prefer everyone in the Radcliffe to raise a glass to a chorus of Dale..Dale ...Dale... and of course beat Bury every year.

Very sad news ,hits home sometimes the stupidity on here when this happens ,very sad loss.
Rochdale fan R.I.P on 19:35 - Feb 9 with 4443 viewspedrodale

Awful news thoughts are with his family
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024