Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That Robben goal 21:53 - Feb 29 with 1152 views442Dale

Good news for England.

There would have been people wanting Pearce to keep the job for the Euros, using phrases like 'showed Psycho's courage' and 'battled back well' if it had been 2-2.

Terrible manager.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That Robben goal on 14:29 - Mar 1 with 253 viewsKenBoon

That Robben goal on 13:14 - Mar 1 by topoff

The golden generation was a team of failures and I include Ashley Cole in that - 10 years of absolute garbage from the supposed best players in the land. Gerrard, Ferdinand, Lampard, Cole et al have failed and failed time and time again on the big stage, get some players out there with some desire and a management team that will let them express themselves.

By the way you must have very good ears if you can hear everything that was shouted from the sidelines for a whole 90 minutes..

Its the Under 21's. You can hear things shouted from the touch line because there's about 500 people in the crowd. In case you miss what he's saying, the commentator tells you.

I base my bashing of Billy Pearce on his ineptness of the Under-21s. It has nothing to do with last nights baseless friendly because I didn't even watch it. Do you seriously think the Dutch team we played last night had anywhere near the motivation levels of the Dutch team in the finals tournament?

Football is about more than desire. Desire makes you run around like headless chickens for 90 minutes (or 60 in England's case) whilst the other side makes you look stupid. As for the players you want to replace. Well they've replaced other failures, who replaced other failures, who replaced other failures... and its a whole little bit history repeating. In this case, most of the replacements aren't actually as good as the ones being booted out. Like that great idea to boot out David Beckham so Aaron Lennon could shine. Under Stuart Pearce I look forward to England expressing themselves out of the tournament in the first round... they'll do it with heart and a 1990's side parting though. ROAR!!!!!!!
That Robben goal on 14:32 - Mar 1 with 255 viewsChaffRAFC

Watched the first 60 minutes of the game last night and thought England did ok without really testing Stekelenberg much up to that point. I thought Scott Parker was magnificent and is the right choice to be captain. I also thought that Johnson and Richards played well. I think the best team England can provide at the moment might be:

.....................................Hart............................................

Richards.............Jones...................Smalling......................Cole

........................Gerrard..............Parker (C)...........................
A Johnson................................................................Downing

..........................Rooney...........Welbeck..............................

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

That Robben goal on 14:45 - Mar 1 with 246 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 14:29 - Mar 1 by KenBoon

Its the Under 21's. You can hear things shouted from the touch line because there's about 500 people in the crowd. In case you miss what he's saying, the commentator tells you.

I base my bashing of Billy Pearce on his ineptness of the Under-21s. It has nothing to do with last nights baseless friendly because I didn't even watch it. Do you seriously think the Dutch team we played last night had anywhere near the motivation levels of the Dutch team in the finals tournament?

Football is about more than desire. Desire makes you run around like headless chickens for 90 minutes (or 60 in England's case) whilst the other side makes you look stupid. As for the players you want to replace. Well they've replaced other failures, who replaced other failures, who replaced other failures... and its a whole little bit history repeating. In this case, most of the replacements aren't actually as good as the ones being booted out. Like that great idea to boot out David Beckham so Aaron Lennon could shine. Under Stuart Pearce I look forward to England expressing themselves out of the tournament in the first round... they'll do it with heart and a 1990's side parting though. ROAR!!!!!!!

I am not even going to comment on your 1st paragraph - never heard a more ludicrous statement.
I based my opinion on 'Billy Pearce' on what I saw last night, so maybe if you had managed to watch the game your view may have been somewhat different? But lests just bash a man for what he has done in the past eh.
I am not saying Pearce is the man for the job, I dare say he isnt and even he has admitted so himself but he certainly didnt do himself any harm last night - but that is something you are unable to comment on isnt it?
That Robben goal on 14:48 - Mar 1 with 242 viewsdingdangblue

That Robben goal on 14:29 - Mar 1 by KenBoon

Yes we were poor at the last u21 tournament, where our main tactic seemed to be for Frank Fielding to launch the ball upfield. Maybe Pearce is learning from his mistakes though! The current u21 side are playing some great football under Pearce and last night the seniors - though outclassed by a strong experienced dutch side - played some decent passing football and didnt play it long atall - infact if anything, they overplayed it at times.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

That Robben goal on 14:58 - Mar 1 with 232 viewsKenBoon

That Robben goal on 14:45 - Mar 1 by topoff

I am not even going to comment on your 1st paragraph - never heard a more ludicrous statement.
I based my opinion on 'Billy Pearce' on what I saw last night, so maybe if you had managed to watch the game your view may have been somewhat different? But lests just bash a man for what he has done in the past eh.
I am not saying Pearce is the man for the job, I dare say he isnt and even he has admitted so himself but he certainly didnt do himself any harm last night - but that is something you are unable to comment on isnt it?

Commenting on last nights game is pointless. Neither side took it seriously. Had the Dutch wanted to they could have hammered that England side.
England always qualify well for the Under 21s. Then they get to the tournaments and it doesn't go to plan. Last summer was humiliating. They were 2nd best in every game and made to look stupid in some of them. They robbed a draw off Spain, fancied their chances from then on but were just made to look dumb by supposedly weaker sides. Peter Taylor is the only manager to really get success with them.

Personally i'd be a lot happier if Stuart Pearce was nowhere near the England set up. He is clueless. There are some fine Football brains in England and his isn't one of them. I'd have Steve Eyre as a coach over him.
That Robben goal on 15:08 - Mar 1 with 231 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 14:58 - Mar 1 by KenBoon

Commenting on last nights game is pointless. Neither side took it seriously. Had the Dutch wanted to they could have hammered that England side.
England always qualify well for the Under 21s. Then they get to the tournaments and it doesn't go to plan. Last summer was humiliating. They were 2nd best in every game and made to look stupid in some of them. They robbed a draw off Spain, fancied their chances from then on but were just made to look dumb by supposedly weaker sides. Peter Taylor is the only manager to really get success with them.

Personally i'd be a lot happier if Stuart Pearce was nowhere near the England set up. He is clueless. There are some fine Football brains in England and his isn't one of them. I'd have Steve Eyre as a coach over him.

Not wanting to comment on last nights performance is a cop out. How would you know if either side took it seriously or not?

Your last comment really does show how much about football you really know.
That Robben goal on 15:27 - Mar 1 with 219 viewsKenBoon

That Robben goal on 15:08 - Mar 1 by topoff

Not wanting to comment on last nights performance is a cop out. How would you know if either side took it seriously or not?

Your last comment really does show how much about football you really know.

How do I know?
Look at the substitutions. The England line up. The fact Holland let their lead slip, then went straight up the other end and scored the winner. Oh and it's an England Friendly.

Stuart Pearce is not a good Football coach. FACT.
PRESSURE. HEART. It's like having Scrappy Doo in the dugout.
That Robben goal on 15:40 - Mar 1 with 216 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 15:27 - Mar 1 by KenBoon

How do I know?
Look at the substitutions. The England line up. The fact Holland let their lead slip, then went straight up the other end and scored the winner. Oh and it's an England Friendly.

Stuart Pearce is not a good Football coach. FACT.
PRESSURE. HEART. It's like having Scrappy Doo in the dugout.

So they thought sod it, lets just let 2 goals in because its a friendly, but just to save face we will go up the other end and score the winner in the last minute - is that what you are really saying?
It seems as well as being able to hear the full conversation between the management on the under 21 bench over a 90 minute period you can also predict what is going to happen when England play a friendly.

Stuart Pearce as a manager has such a calm and placid way about him, very different to his playing days, so your comparism to Scrappy doo is a bit mystifying..
Login to get fewer ads

That Robben goal on 15:53 - Mar 1 with 207 viewsKenBoon

That Robben goal on 15:40 - Mar 1 by topoff

So they thought sod it, lets just let 2 goals in because its a friendly, but just to save face we will go up the other end and score the winner in the last minute - is that what you are really saying?
It seems as well as being able to hear the full conversation between the management on the under 21 bench over a 90 minute period you can also predict what is going to happen when England play a friendly.

Stuart Pearce as a manager has such a calm and placid way about him, very different to his playing days, so your comparism to Scrappy doo is a bit mystifying..

When did I say I could hear a 90 minute conversation? I said you could hear what the managers were shouting on the touch line. Get your head out of your arse. If you bothered to watch the Under 21 tournaments - the games where you could form an opinion of Stuart Pearce - you'd know this.

Yes, of course i'm saying the Dutch just let in 2 goals. They also laid out some tables. Ate some cake, talked about tulips and sold Del Boy some diamonds during that England come back.

That Robben goal on 16:08 - Mar 1 with 200 viewstopoff

That Robben goal on 15:53 - Mar 1 by KenBoon

When did I say I could hear a 90 minute conversation? I said you could hear what the managers were shouting on the touch line. Get your head out of your arse. If you bothered to watch the Under 21 tournaments - the games where you could form an opinion of Stuart Pearce - you'd know this.

Yes, of course i'm saying the Dutch just let in 2 goals. They also laid out some tables. Ate some cake, talked about tulips and sold Del Boy some diamonds during that England come back.

So you base your arguement on the fact you heard him shout 'Battle' a few times during the course of a match - Think its you who needs to get your head out of your arse.
I do watch the under 21`s and recently their performances have been very good, plus is it okay to have a opinion based on last nights performance or is that not allowed or does it not count?

Seriously, check back on your postings, deluded.
That Robben goal on 16:09 - Mar 1 with 199 viewsYadHoDale

I'm not convinced that Pearce is the right man for the job.

However he is more suitable than someone who opens a bank account in an offshore tax haven under the name of his dog...
That Robben goal on 16:22 - Mar 1 with 189 viewsKenBoon

That Robben goal on 16:08 - Mar 1 by topoff

So you base your arguement on the fact you heard him shout 'Battle' a few times during the course of a match - Think its you who needs to get your head out of your arse.
I do watch the under 21`s and recently their performances have been very good, plus is it okay to have a opinion based on last nights performance or is that not allowed or does it not count?

Seriously, check back on your postings, deluded.

The Under 21's always qualify. I base my opinions on how his Under 21 team played against good sides. They were embarrassing. They were outplayed, out classed. I only carried on watching because Frankie Fielding was playing and doing a good job.

I agree about Redknapp. He has no business managing the National team. Taking a percentage of a players transfer is unacceptable for any Manager. You get paid a wage and normal performance bonuses. Player money goes to the Club.
That Robben goal on 16:37 - Mar 1 with 186 viewsD_Alien

That Robben goal on 16:22 - Mar 1 by KenBoon

The Under 21's always qualify. I base my opinions on how his Under 21 team played against good sides. They were embarrassing. They were outplayed, out classed. I only carried on watching because Frankie Fielding was playing and doing a good job.

I agree about Redknapp. He has no business managing the National team. Taking a percentage of a players transfer is unacceptable for any Manager. You get paid a wage and normal performance bonuses. Player money goes to the Club.

On that basis, your morals will prevent you from watching any England game if he takes charge then

Fair enough, I can appreciate your stance

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

That Robben goal on 17:04 - Mar 1 with 175 views442Dale

Can I just stick to 'terrible manager'?

Cheers.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

That Robben goal on 17:06 - Mar 1 with 171 viewsKenBoon

That Robben goal on 16:37 - Mar 1 by D_Alien

On that basis, your morals will prevent you from watching any England game if he takes charge then

Fair enough, I can appreciate your stance

Absolutely not. I am happily immoral. I just personally feel he shouldn't get the job because of that. I don't like the idea that Managers feel they can start negotiating contracts where they get a cut of transfer profits. Bonuses should reflect the performance of their team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024