Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Craig D or Kevin L? 20:07 - Mar 3 with 2798 viewslove_the_dale

In my mind, both are immense players. I have always thought of Craig as a future England captain - not just because of the way he plays, but also the way in which he marshalls the defence and encourages those around him. I think Kevin is his equal in defending, slightly better in the air, not as good at giving the long ball to the opposite wing, but better at anticipating and nipping in front of the intended recipient of a pass. Kevin might be a tad slower than Craig though in a foot race. Who do people think is the better defender?

Either way, wouldn't it be great if we could sign Kevin? I don't think it is going to happen, though. Even if he doesn't make the Burnley first team, surely clubs with more money than us will want to snap him up.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:17 - Mar 3 with 2767 viewsisitme

I heard that Long was out of contract in the summer. He would be a great signing. I was singing to my sister that he is the Irish Craig Dawson!
Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:44 - Mar 3 with 2713 viewsShun

Dawson's streets ahead (distribution, finishing, goals ratio - basically all the things central defenders don't usually have!), but Long's still fantastic.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:51 - Mar 3 with 2694 viewskirbys

Imagine both playing for Dale - what a central pairing that would be.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:54 - Mar 3 with 2681 viewsRockerdale97

Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:17 - Mar 3 by isitme

I heard that Long was out of contract in the summer. He would be a great signing. I was singing to my sister that he is the Irish Craig Dawson!

Long still has 12 months on his contract left and he will most likely be recalled by Clarets as there season is now over.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:56 - Mar 3 with 2678 viewsroccydaleian

Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:54 - Mar 3 by Rockerdale97

Long still has 12 months on his contract left and he will most likely be recalled by Clarets as there season is now over.

You a Burnley fan or summat?
Craig D or Kevin L? on 21:36 - Mar 3 with 2592 viewsClivert

It would be brilliant if we could actually sign Long in the summer as once again he was superb today, you could describe his display as 'faultless'.

Craig Dawson is a club legend that ranks up there with 'Big' Reg and 'Little' Lyndon.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 21:45 - Mar 3 with 2557 viewsDALEYCADDERS

Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:54 - Mar 3 by Rockerdale97

He doesnt his contract runs out at the end of season.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 21:55 - Mar 3 with 2540 viewsShun

If that's true then let's make him feel wanted. Treat him like a hero and he might look favourably on us when choosing a club this summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Craig D or Kevin L? on 22:03 - Mar 3 with 2522 viewsD_Alien

We need to stay up to have any chance of signing someone as good as Long

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Craig D or Kevin L? on 08:30 - Mar 4 with 2407 viewsjav14

That's who the board should have signed when Craig was sold. They could have played together when Craig was on loan last season then we wouldn't have been in a mess, defensively, at the start of the season.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 10:55 - Mar 4 with 2299 viewselectricblue

Craig D or Kevin L? on 20:44 - Mar 3 by Shun

Dawson's streets ahead (distribution, finishing, goals ratio - basically all the things central defenders don't usually have!), but Long's still fantastic.

You have remember that Dawson started as a midfield player thats why he can pass a ball and looked comfy whilst holding up the ball.
Long is a different player all together an out and out centre half.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Craig D or Kevin L? on 13:16 - Mar 4 with 2214 viewssweetcorn

we were discussing this at the game, the conclusion i came to was that both are probably equal in terms of defending, however dawson is the next level due to his ability in the air, in and around the opponents box and his distribution which is as good as i have ever seen from a centre half, that is what sets him apart and allows me to know he will make the grade in the premier league.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Craig D or Kevin L? on 13:23 - Mar 4 with 2209 viewsNotEyreClue

Did the OP really say that Dawson would probably beat Long in a foot race? I think the only thing Dawson doesn't have is pace (not that it matters if you can read the game) but Long seems pretty quick to me for a big lad and much quicker than Dawson in my opinion. As people have already alluded to, I think Long is a better defender but Dawson is a better all round footballer. What you can't forget is that they're still both very young and it'll be interesting to see their development and hopefully with regards to Long, we'll see it in a Dale shirt for a few seasons to come...(PLEASE SIGN KEVIN IF YOU'RE READING THIS LOL)

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Craig D or Kevin L? on 14:22 - Mar 4 with 2186 viewsSaxonDale

Dawson is the much better defender and all round player, Long is still a very good player though.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 16:18 - Mar 4 with 2105 viewsKnowlesy

Can't believe that anyone can put Long in even a similar bracket to Dawson. My mate and I were having this discussion yesterday and I think Dawson's a better footballer in every department. He was immense. Long is very good, and he'll be a very good player for us for however long we manage to keep him for, but Dawson was something else.
Craig D or Kevin L? on 17:37 - Mar 4 with 2067 viewsmacro

Long would be a good replacement, question is whether we could afford him or compete with other clubs for his signature
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024