Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To the end 22:31 - Mar 20 with 3090 viewsofficialdale

As much as tonight really dampened things, I think from now we have just got to go to the end. We have nothing to lose, and as much as certain groups will disagree I personally think the booing has to stop as bad as we play. It does no one favours and only puts pressure on the lads.

To the end is what we need to do. If we go down, we go down! But not with a whimper ey? Come on Dale. I've still got faith, 5 points isn't to bad. We HAVE to keep picking up point, preferably 3!
To the end on 22:33 - Mar 20 with 3069 views2bluehoops

Is it not the players you should be saying this to.........Shambolic display.
To the end on 22:39 - Mar 20 with 3029 viewsofficialdale

Shambolic is the word.

But, in reality isn't that what you should expect from a relegation battlin' team? Inconsistency? I don't want to look like I'm defending them, because I'm definitely not! Tranmere is the teams we need to be beating at home, but never on this earth should we 'expect' three points. We are gonna pick up points by playing the knitty gritty stuff.

All I'm saying is us fans need to go to the end and not give up.
To the end on 22:41 - Mar 20 with 3014 viewsolympicdale

its clear these players arent upto/not good enough for the fight, and i wont miss most of them next year! this tonight was a travesty.

Life is a game of fate.

To the end on 22:46 - Mar 20 with 2995 viewsClivert

The players aren't good enough, the first half display showed that with the amount of simple passes we managed to cock up! Add to that that we've been unable to string back to back decent performances together all season, the players just aren't good enough. I'm just thankful most of them are out of contract/going back to parent clubs and that Coleman can assemble his own squad in the summer.

Good riddance to this shambles of a season.
To the end on 22:55 - Mar 20 with 2962 viewsolympicdale

To the end on 22:46 - Mar 20 by Clivert

The players aren't good enough, the first half display showed that with the amount of simple passes we managed to cock up! Add to that that we've been unable to string back to back decent performances together all season, the players just aren't good enough. I'm just thankful most of them are out of contract/going back to parent clubs and that Coleman can assemble his own squad in the summer.

Good riddance to this shambles of a season.

good riddance to the lot of them.

Life is a game of fate.

To the end on 23:02 - Mar 20 with 2931 viewsfrenzied

probably the worst 45 mins ive ever seen by Dale, looked low on confidence easily out played by Tranmere, JK who has been great was poor and Coleman could have taken off any of 6 or 7 players at least he had a go and we did get better until the sucker punch 2nd goal and game over.

Onto the next game but league 2 lingers on the horizon ...god help us when Sheff Utd come on Tues after easter.
To the end on 23:20 - Mar 20 with 2888 views2bluehoops

Did anyone else feel like they had been transported back to the late 70s tonight,with choirs of "Your so shit it's unbelievable "ringing out.
To the end on 08:51 - Mar 21 with 2752 viewsdingdangblue

As awful as we were in that 1st 45 minutes last night - personally I though the booing was bang out of order. A great point at Hudds and a great win v Oldham, then a bad half and they get turned on. We need to get behind them to have any chance. We badly missed Darby and Widdowson last night - hope they are both back for Saturday. A win at Brentford and we are still in with a chance.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Login to get fewer ads

To the end on 10:01 - Mar 21 with 2691 viewsSFD

To the end on 08:51 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

As awful as we were in that 1st 45 minutes last night - personally I though the booing was bang out of order. A great point at Hudds and a great win v Oldham, then a bad half and they get turned on. We need to get behind them to have any chance. We badly missed Darby and Widdowson last night - hope they are both back for Saturday. A win at Brentford and we are still in with a chance.

Your spot on about msing our full backs that had a massive impact on the team imo. Why oh why has Coleman picked Jordan above Widdowson and why the hell cant Jones be subbed or left out he is struggling more than most at the moment.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
To the end on 10:24 - Mar 21 with 2662 viewsfrenzied

its looking grim altho we have to play the other 3 teams in the bottom 4...its down to any 4 from 5 now and wycombe look most likely to escape
To the end on 11:04 - Mar 21 with 2606 viewsdingdangblue

To the end on 10:24 - Mar 21 by frenzied

its looking grim altho we have to play the other 3 teams in the bottom 4...its down to any 4 from 5 now and wycombe look most likely to escape

You would have to say we have a chance atleast of competing and beating chesterfield,exeter and walsall. Wycombe have a tough looking game v mkdons on saturday but then again Walsall had one last night and nearly won at sheff wed. We have to beat Brentford - that is certain - not winning away since November you could say we are due a win!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

To the end on 11:35 - Mar 21 with 2564 viewsD_Alien

To the end on 11:04 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

You would have to say we have a chance atleast of competing and beating chesterfield,exeter and walsall. Wycombe have a tough looking game v mkdons on saturday but then again Walsall had one last night and nearly won at sheff wed. We have to beat Brentford - that is certain - not winning away since November you could say we are due a win!

If we'd have scraped a draw last night, and then drew at Brentford we'd be saying "could do with wins not draws" but there'd be no huge sense of deflation like there is now - so if we can come away with 3 pts at Brentford that'd be a better return

The key to the remaining 8 games is Coleman being able to convince the squad that they have a chance. So many players had poor games last night (a few regulars had possibly their worst game ever in dale colours) that their confidence must be shot. But they've got to forget about it now - Tranmere were clearly on a roll with RM coming in, and maybe it was just "one of those games" - we had them under Hillcroft too!

I was very despondent last night, but less so today - fatalistic maybe, but there are still points to play for

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

To the end on 12:34 - Mar 21 with 2478 viewsToffeemanc

To the end on 10:24 - Mar 21 by frenzied

Looking at the table after last night I now think it's either Wycombe or Walsall to escape, both on some sort of decent form of late and been difficult to beat.

Whichever doesn't survive goes down with Dale, Exeter and Chesterfield. The current bottom 3 are all doomed, because due to goal difference we are effectively 6 points from safety now and should Walsall win the game in hand this would become 8 points from safety.
I think we can all forget about Bury being dragged into it and making it 2 places available for safety. As shit as they are playing currently they are still a massive 8 points clear of the bottom three and after last nights performance I'm not even convinced we will take 8 points by the end of the season, let alone 8 points more than Bury.

Back home to League 2 next season without a doubt.
In league 1 I think we all enjoyed the ride last season, just wish this season would hurry up and end!
This season it's been like watching someone close to you be diagnosed with a terminal illness before slowly reaching the end.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

To the end on 12:36 - Mar 21 with 2470 viewsdingdangblue

To the end on 11:35 - Mar 21 by D_Alien

If we'd have scraped a draw last night, and then drew at Brentford we'd be saying "could do with wins not draws" but there'd be no huge sense of deflation like there is now - so if we can come away with 3 pts at Brentford that'd be a better return

The key to the remaining 8 games is Coleman being able to convince the squad that they have a chance. So many players had poor games last night (a few regulars had possibly their worst game ever in dale colours) that their confidence must be shot. But they've got to forget about it now - Tranmere were clearly on a roll with RM coming in, and maybe it was just "one of those games" - we had them under Hillcroft too!

I was very despondent last night, but less so today - fatalistic maybe, but there are still points to play for

Madine's 95 min equalizer could (and I stress could) have huge significance - I was certainly very relieved when I heard last night. It meant we could get above walsall and wyc in 2 games and not 3! Obviously wyc and walsall both have to lose this wkend and we must win. (Ive just gone to get a great big straw to clutch)

To the end on 13:04 - Mar 21 with 2408 views100notout

OK - straw clutching time.

Looking at the table and being realistic I this there are only 2 teams outside the relegation zone that we COULD overtake - Wycombe and bury - I say bury because they are in such bad form and falling like a stone.

Now here's the thing ................... look at Wycombes remaining fixtures - home to MK Dons, Carlisle, Oldham and Notts County, with away games at Stevenage, Chesterfield, Charlton and Sheff Wed - a tough run in and ordinarily one you wouldn't expect a struggling team to get a great deal of points.

We play the other 3 teams in the relegation zone and Leyton Orient and Yeovil so we COULD pick up enough wins from these games to keep us up - it is just about in our own hands.

Agree if we put in any more performances like last night we're doomed although if we play like we did on Saturday then maybe ...... just maybee ............

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

To the end on 15:17 - Mar 21 with 2325 viewsaleanddale

I need a pretty big straw.

Last chance saloon on Saturday. a win or bust.

Even with a win we would then need to beat Walsall..

Sadly only 1 back to back win all season and we look doomed.

To the end on 15:42 - Mar 21 with 2297 viewsnordenblue

To the end on 10:01 - Mar 21 by SFD

Your spot on about msing our full backs that had a massive impact on the team imo. Why oh why has Coleman picked Jordan above Widdowson and why the hell cant Jones be subbed or left out he is struggling more than most at the moment.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

How very dare you say that about Mr Jones!! A certain small fella will have you by the throat for that comment!!:)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024