Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players under contract for next season? 17:23 - Mar 30 with 2465 viewsSkiptonDale

I know there's already a few threads knocking about on who we want to keep / release, but could anyone post a list of who is actually under contract next season, and who's contract's are expiring at the end of the season. Be nice to look at the big picture and see what we've got, and what we can afford to lose (regardless of what league we are in come August).
Players under contract for next season? on 17:35 - Mar 30 with 2453 viewsChaffRAFC

Out of contract:

David Lucas
Joe Widdowson
Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro
Dean Holden
Brian Barry-Murphy
Kevin Amankwaah
Joe Thompson
Simon Hackney
Matty Edwards

Under Contract:

Gary Jones
Jason Kennedy
Stephen Jordan
Marcus Holness
Ashley Grimes
Nicky Adams
Andrew Tutte
Marc Twaddle
Neill Byrne
Reece Gray
Godwin Abadaki

Edit, we worked out before that we've had 20 loans this season and used 37 players which is ridiculous.

Anyone I've missed off the list?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Players under contract for next season? on 17:42 - Mar 30 with 2434 viewsSkiptonDale

Players under contract for next season? on 17:35 - Mar 30 by ChaffRAFC

Out of contract:

David Lucas
Joe Widdowson
Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro
Dean Holden
Brian Barry-Murphy
Kevin Amankwaah
Joe Thompson
Simon Hackney
Matty Edwards

Under Contract:

Gary Jones
Jason Kennedy
Stephen Jordan
Marcus Holness
Ashley Grimes
Nicky Adams
Andrew Tutte
Marc Twaddle
Neill Byrne
Reece Gray
Godwin Abadaki

Edit, we worked out before that we've had 20 loans this season and used 37 players which is ridiculous.

Cheers. Out of the players out of contract, I'd look at keeping:

David Lucas (as GK coach)
Joe Widdowson (if he wants to be here)
Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro
Kevin Amankwaah
Joe Thompson
Matty Edwards

Out of the under contract players, i'd look at trying to move Jordan and Twaddle on (unless JC can see something in Twaddle). I can see Adams and Grimes maybe looking for moves away as well.
Players under contract for next season? on 17:45 - Mar 30 with 2430 viewsisitme

Players under contract for next season? on 17:35 - Mar 30 by ChaffRAFC

Out of contract:

David Lucas
Joe Widdowson
Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro
Dean Holden
Brian Barry-Murphy
Kevin Amankwaah
Joe Thompson
Simon Hackney
Matty Edwards

Under Contract:

Gary Jones
Jason Kennedy
Stephen Jordan
Marcus Holness
Ashley Grimes
Nicky Adams
Andrew Tutte
Marc Twaddle
Neill Byrne
Reece Gray
Godwin Abadaki

Re-sign Amankwaah and let the rest go. Try to offload Holness, Adams and Twaddle and build a new team.

Priorities should be a target man, goal keeper and centre half partner for big Kev. Pay good wages for these key players and cut back a little on offers to squad players. We should look to having a smaller squad of better players, with the odd loan signing to add depth or quality in certain positions. We should not be reliant on loanees in key position as we have been this season.

We have not had a striker to play with Grimes this season who has not been a loan signing (I do not class JLAA as a striker as he doesn't score goals, for me he is a 'throw of the dice' type player).
Players under contract for next season? on 17:50 - Mar 30 with 2412 viewsChaffRAFC

I'd be looking to keep:

Lucas (backup keeper and GK coach)
Widdowson
Amankwaah (maybe)
Holden (steady enough for L2 and good experience)
JLAA

The rest can go.

I'd also look to offload Jordan, Twaddle and Holness from those contracted.

Players under contract for next season? on 18:18 - Mar 30 with 2385 viewsNewbury_Dale

Keep Holden ? I sincerely hope not.

Can this be confirmed before I decide on the season ticket ?
Players under contract for next season? on 18:25 - Mar 30 with 2376 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Players under contract for next season? on 17:50 - Mar 30 by ChaffRAFC

I'd be looking to keep:

Lucas (backup keeper and GK coach)
Widdowson
Amankwaah (maybe)
Holden (steady enough for L2 and good experience)
JLAA

The rest can go.

I'd also look to offload Jordan, Twaddle and Holness from those contracted.

I would agree with that list too............perhaps thinking we could do better than Holden by shopping around, being the only comment.

It's a real pity and slightly annoying that the boy Hackney has not kicked a ball in anger (through no fault of his own,though he was injured when we got him) and been paid handsomely for the privelidge of hanging around for a full season,when the Club don't have a pot to piss in.
Players under contract for next season? on 19:46 - Mar 30 with 2318 viewselectricblue

Like to see Neill Bryne given his chance once our league status is sorted..
Cant be worse than holden can he.....surely not.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Players under contract for next season? on 19:48 - Mar 30 with 2314 viewsChaffRAFC

Players under contract for next season? on 19:46 - Mar 30 by electricblue

Like to see Neill Bryne given his chance once our league status is sorted..
Cant be worse than holden can he.....surely not.

I would like to see Byrne given a chance but Holden isn't a bad defender at all.

Login to get fewer ads

Players under contract for next season? on 20:28 - Mar 30 with 2272 viewspl56

Only one person's opinion couts , and that's John Coleman's , so I wouldn't want to speculate . I would however despair if the future of Rochdale FC was seen to involve retention of a journeyman like Holden .
Players under contract for next season? on 23:39 - Mar 30 with 2189 viewsTomRAFC

would like to see widdowson kept simply because fullbacks are hard to come by

i rate amankwah quite highly especially at right back and would like to see him signed up especially as there is zero chanceof us signing darby

otherwise everyone else can go unless hackney turns out to be a gem

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Players under contract for next season? on 23:42 - Mar 30 with 2183 viewsrochdale1987

would keep widdowson amankwaah and maybe JLAA people must realise we need to be ruthless and build a squad ready to come back to league one. Players like Dean Holden & Joe Thompson aren't good enough
Players under contract for next season? on 12:41 - Mar 31 with 2093 viewsphomem

Tbh how many of the contracted players are good enough
Players under contract for next season? on 13:11 - Mar 31 with 2064 viewsolympicdale

Players under contract for next season? on 12:41 - Mar 31 by phomem

Tbh how many of the contracted players are good enough

footballing wise, most of them, attitude wise only JK.

Life is a game of fate.

Players under contract for next season? on 13:53 - Mar 31 with 2039 viewssweetcorn

Players under contract for next season? on 13:11 - Mar 31 by olympicdale

So you're suggesting Gary Jones doesnt have the right attitude?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Players under contract for next season? on 13:59 - Mar 31 with 2031 viewsstuartcryer

i think what we have seen this season we can afford to loose them all wipe the slate clean and start again but please no ex accrington players that cant play any where else

wardle blue

Players under contract for next season? on 14:21 - Mar 31 with 2021 viewsChaffRAFC

Players under contract for next season? on 13:11 - Mar 31 by olympicdale

Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro doesn't have the attitude?, who has worked harder than him this season?

Players under contract for next season? on 14:35 - Mar 31 with 2009 viewsolympicdale

Players under contract for next season? on 13:53 - Mar 31 by sweetcorn

So you're suggesting Gary Jones doesnt have the right attitude?

yeah sorry that was a mistake, i know Jonah cares, but even his body language atm is so labored, he must really be hurting. Chaff, JLAA isnt contracted next year, which was what i was responding too, big fan of JL, he's always shown the right attitude in my eyes.

Life is a game of fate.

Players under contract for next season? on 17:48 - Mar 31 with 1974 viewsstuartcryer

gary jones is at the end now been a good servant to the club but we have to face facts

wardle blue

Players under contract for next season? on 17:52 - Mar 31 with 1956 viewsgresh1

Players under contract for next season? on 17:48 - Mar 31 by stuartcryer

gary jones is at the end now been a good servant to the club but we have to face facts

Agree. Start from fresh.
Players under contract for next season? on 17:52 - Mar 31 with 1956 views442Dale

Players under contract for next season? on 14:21 - Mar 31 by ChaffRAFC

Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro doesn't have the attitude?, who has worked harder than him this season?

Today illustrated why players like JLAA are exactly what we need. For every frustrating game you'll still get total effort and then when things click you'll get goals.

JK, JLAA and Long - top three in any player of the year vote.

And there cannot be anyone now who can't see that Tutte's exclusion has cost us. He wasn't amazing today but he never stopped driving forward - the shot that drew a late save came after sheer will got him into the box.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024