Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
typical... 17:03 - Mar 31 with 2327 viewsKnowlesy

..of our season that. point not enough, players reactions at the end told the story.
typical... on 17:08 - Mar 31 with 2299 viewsmandale

It's a reaction at the beginning of games that's been missing, sadly. Looking like 4 teams from 5 though, so just got to keep hoping we can sneak fifth from bottom
typical... on 17:17 - Mar 31 with 2225 viewsofficialdale

Could not make it today. What was the reaction of players??
typical... on 17:17 - Mar 31 with 2223 viewsofficialdale

typical... on 17:24 - Mar 31 with 2168 viewsdalenumber2

typical... on 17:17 - Mar 31 by officialdale

Absolutely gutted when their third goal went in - on floor, heads in hands etc.
typical... on 17:24 - Mar 31 with 2165 viewsColDale

Feels unlucky in the end, but we didn't turn up till 4-30. Had we had a go from the off, we'd have been home and dry.
typical... on 17:26 - Mar 31 with 2150 viewsChaffRAFC

Definitely a case of as you were, just with a game less. We're 8 points from safety and just 6 games left. The sooner I see that R next to our name the better because this is just teasing everyone.

Today was a fabulous game for the neutral but from a Dale perspective, the first half was very poor again and we deserved to be 2-0 down. We only came into the game properly when Temi Obadeyi came on and injected a bit of life into us. JK began to run the show and was immense second half and it was a definitely penalty for our second after he skinned their full back. Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro was impressive again and deserved his brace.

Then, when everyone bouncing about, they sucker punched us and the pessimist in me sort of expected it but there you go.

Edit - must be said, Andy Butler for Walsall was far and away the best player on the pitch. The amount of blocks and last minute headers he got in was superb.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

typical... on 17:29 - Mar 31 with 2127 viewsTrue_Blue2

typical... on 17:24 - Mar 31 by ColDale

Feels unlucky in the end, but we didn't turn up till 4-30. Had we had a go from the off, we'd have been home and dry.

We looked like we could score every time we went forward in the last 20 minutes - so frustrating that we can play like that to see a first half like we did
typical... on 17:36 - Mar 31 with 2055 viewsstuartcryer

yes shocking goalkeeping today cost us

wardle blue

Login to get fewer ads

typical... on 17:41 - Mar 31 with 2019 views442Dale

typical... on 17:36 - Mar 31 by stuartcryer

That ball should be won by a defender.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

typical... on 17:44 - Mar 31 with 1991 viewsgresh1

There speaks a goalie.
typical... on 17:49 - Mar 31 with 1957 viewsD_Alien

I disagree about our first half display. Both their goals came against the run of play. We carved out some decent openings without any luck at all. I was simply shaking my head at half time. I'm proud of the lads, and didn't want to see them looking too gutted at the end, they had nothing to reproach themselves for today

100% commitment throughout and some good passages of play, but when your lucks out, its out.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

typical... on 17:54 - Mar 31 with 1927 viewsstuartcryer

which one the first, second or third two goals loop over his head when he should have been on his line yes i agree the defenders have to stop them shooting but they were balls that should be saved

wardle blue

typical... on 17:54 - Mar 31 with 1925 viewsShun

Genuinely not sure what happened for the last one, but for the first 2 Lucas had no chance.
typical... on 17:54 - Mar 31 with 1921 viewsstuartcryer

correct mate what did you think

wardle blue

typical... on 17:55 - Mar 31 with 1919 viewsdalenumber2

typical... on 17:49 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

I disagree about our first half display. Both their goals came against the run of play. We carved out some decent openings without any luck at all. I was simply shaking my head at half time. I'm proud of the lads, and didn't want to see them looking too gutted at the end, they had nothing to reproach themselves for today

100% commitment throughout and some good passages of play, but when your lucks out, its out.

I was just about to post something similar. I thought we were ok in the first half, made some chances, looked threatening at times, were definitely the better team and played much better football than we did against Tranmere. We went on to be better though in the second half when the subs were made. Real energy and effort. I was sure we would get a last minute winner and was still celebrating our third goal when I looked over and saw that the ball had found its way into the back of our net. What a sickener. Really felt for the players at the end of the match today.
typical... on 17:56 - Mar 31 with 1906 viewsstuartcryer

big feeling from behind goal in sandy keeper should have got across to that not only my opinion

wardle blue

typical... on 17:59 - Mar 31 with 1885 viewsD_Alien

typical... on 17:54 - Mar 31 by Shun

Genuinely not sure what happened for the last one, but for the first 2 Lucas had no chance.

From the TDS, the shot for the first had "this is covered by the keeper" written all over it... except it wasn't

No fault with the other two. The final header was the FIRST header not won by our central defenders all game. Such bad luck is unbelievable, we must have done something terrible to deserve it

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

typical... on 18:20 - Mar 31 with 1810 viewsKenBoon

For anyone at the Pearl Street End at Full time today, with the players sat on the pitch looking devastated and many fans applauding... that was the R next to our name.

I thought we played decent for most of the game. Better than Walsall and would have more than deserved a win. I don't want to bash the Keeper. He's our goalkeeping COACH for a reason. Him also being Number one is just us being cheap. I'd rather rant at Lee Hughes for taking out our first choice keeper if I was going to blame anyone.

3-3. Fun game. Felt good to be a fan today, even when they scored. We were down before and we're still down now.
typical... on 18:25 - Mar 31 with 1769 viewsstuartcryer

typical... on 18:20 - Mar 31 by KenBoon

For anyone at the Pearl Street End at Full time today, with the players sat on the pitch looking devastated and many fans applauding... that was the R next to our name.

I thought we played decent for most of the game. Better than Walsall and would have more than deserved a win. I don't want to bash the Keeper. He's our goalkeeping COACH for a reason. Him also being Number one is just us being cheap. I'd rather rant at Lee Hughes for taking out our first choice keeper if I was going to blame anyone.

3-3. Fun game. Felt good to be a fan today, even when they scored. We were down before and we're still down now.

whats the reason hes our goalkeeping coach was it because steve eyre said so

wardle blue

typical... on 18:25 - Mar 31 with 1767 viewsSuddenLad

typical... on 17:59 - Mar 31 by D_Alien

From the TDS, the shot for the first had "this is covered by the keeper" written all over it... except it wasn't

No fault with the other two. The final header was the FIRST header not won by our central defenders all game. Such bad luck is unbelievable, we must have done something terrible to deserve it

Correct. How ironic that it should be so costly.

I wouldn't mind if the Walsall player had intended it to be an attempt at goal. He simply won the header and the ball looped up and over a stranded Lucas.

Then again, if Symes had scored instead of...............ah well.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

typical... on 18:26 - Mar 31 with 1764 viewsShun

Both Kevins really impressed me today.
typical... on 18:29 - Mar 31 with 1741 viewsstuartcryer

typical... on 18:26 - Mar 31 by Shun

Both Kevins really impressed me today.

yes me to dont think we can keep mr long though

wardle blue

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024