Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
jason kennedy 19:05 - Mar 31 with 4447 viewsmizfit

what do people see in JK
people keep saying player of the season, should be playing at a higher level etc but i dont see whats so special about him
he makes the 3 yard pass look spectacular. thats all he does hes your typical run of the mill centre midfielder doesnt offer anything more than any other CM we could get in should he go
jason kennedy on 20:17 - Mar 31 with 1163 viewsSuddenLad

jason kennedy on 19:41 - Mar 31 by NotEyreClue

Also, no shock that as soon as Adams takes the corners we get two goals...JK's free kicks and corners today were nothing short of shocking.

The most appropriate user name in the history of message boards.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

jason kennedy on 20:21 - Mar 31 with 1155 viewsNotEyreClue

jason kennedy on 20:17 - Mar 31 by SuddenLad

The most appropriate user name in the history of message boards.

Not unless you're from Sudden?

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

jason kennedy on 20:25 - Mar 31 with 1154 viewsnordenblue

jason kennedy on 20:03 - Mar 31 by 442Dale

What else do you disagree with? Not sure an attack can be anymore meaningful than ending up in a goal!

He ran 20 yards plus for that Symes penalty and the Grimes goal. Are these the only two occasions?

Agree with your points JK is class at what he does and he very rarely loses the ball even when surrounded by 2/3 opposition players, anyone who's ever played centre mid will have slightly more an idea of quite how good he is and the job he does is the hardest know the pitch, because JK doesn't score 15/20 goals a season from 30 yards most his hard work is sadly missed to the untrained eye! People will realise what he actually does and how good he really is when he leaves and we are left with another massive gap to fill, similar to Cog and a certain Mr Dawson
jason kennedy on 20:39 - Mar 31 with 1133 viewsChaffRAFC

Thought Kennedy was superb today and has been our standout midfielder all season. He's a big contender for Player of the Season and deservedly so.

I've often criticised Kennedy, mainly when he's been asked to play a defensive role, the Barry-Murphy role, because he's not suitable for it. He links up the play very well indeed and I think most people can see how good his pass rate must be. He's not spectacular and doesn't bring anything outstanding to the table but he's a very good midfielder at this level when he's smack bang in the middle of the park.

I have a feeling Mr Hill may come knocking in the summer. I get the feeling that some won't realise how good he is until he's gone.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

jason kennedy on 20:57 - Mar 31 with 1121 viewsRalphs12

jason kennedy on 20:39 - Mar 31 by ChaffRAFC

Thought Kennedy was superb today and has been our standout midfielder all season. He's a big contender for Player of the Season and deservedly so.

I've often criticised Kennedy, mainly when he's been asked to play a defensive role, the Barry-Murphy role, because he's not suitable for it. He links up the play very well indeed and I think most people can see how good his pass rate must be. He's not spectacular and doesn't bring anything outstanding to the table but he's a very good midfielder at this level when he's smack bang in the middle of the park.

I have a feeling Mr Hill may come knocking in the summer. I get the feeling that some won't realise how good he is until he's gone.

He would be the only reason I'd want to goto the awards evening. Too see him get the player of the year, no less than he deserves.
jason kennedy on 20:59 - Mar 31 with 1118 viewsmizfit

jason kennedy on 20:57 - Mar 31 by Ralphs12

He would be the only reason I'd want to goto the awards evening. Too see him get the player of the year, no less than he deserves.

dont forget to take the chapstick/vaseline
jason kennedy on 21:02 - Mar 31 with 1113 viewsSuddenLad

jason kennedy on 20:59 - Mar 31 by mizfit

Why ? Will you be there ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

jason kennedy on 21:02 - Mar 31 with 1113 viewsRalphs12

jason kennedy on 20:59 - Mar 31 by mizfit

Don't need any of that stuff love.
Login to get fewer ads

jason kennedy on 21:03 - Mar 31 with 1107 viewsmizfit

jason kennedy on 21:02 - Mar 31 by Ralphs12

Don't need any of that stuff love.

kennedy may not like it dry
jason kennedy on 21:07 - Mar 31 with 1103 viewsRalphs12

jason kennedy on 21:03 - Mar 31 by mizfit

kennedy may not like it dry

Dont worry I'm a taker, you seem quite obsessed with lube. Fancy abit?
jason kennedy on 22:32 - Mar 31 with 1075 viewsmizfit

jason kennedy on 21:07 - Mar 31 by Ralphs12

Dont worry I'm a taker, you seem quite obsessed with lube. Fancy abit?

nah ill leave u to your anal fest with JK
jason kennedy on 12:31 - Apr 1 with 1035 viewsCockneyDale

jason kennedy on 19:12 - Mar 31 by NotEyreClue

Apart from winning the penalty he was poor all game and has been for a few games now. He has to be one of our most overhyped players ever, I can't believe he got MOM today as well but saying that Jordan has one to his name for one of the worst performances I've ever seen

Really? He made many tackles, won a penalty and assisted for the third goal. That's on top of his passing which was as solid as any. If he does that every week, he'll do for me.
jason kennedy on 12:49 - Apr 1 with 1008 viewssweetcorn

jason kennedy on 12:31 - Apr 1 by CockneyDale

Really? He made many tackles, won a penalty and assisted for the third goal. That's on top of his passing which was as solid as any. If he does that every week, he'll do for me.

I personally don't doubt that. but people rave about him as the star man. That for me sums up why we are where we are. The star man should always be that type that can grab the game and win it for you, Jonah has been over the years, perkins was, cog was. Kennedy isn't that type, he's a player that every team very much needs and wouldn't mind seeing him next season, however it wouldn't be the end of the world if he left as he is very much replacable, i'm sure there are plenty of midfielders out there who get the bread and butter of football done.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

jason kennedy on 18:07 - Apr 1 with 988 viewsDale_Iain

Funny how nobody was saying this up until the Oldham game when his form took a dip. Player of the Season means player of the season, not just the last 4 games.
jason kennedy on 06:34 - Apr 2 with 939 viewssweetcorn

jason kennedy on 18:07 - Apr 1 by Dale_Iain

Funny how nobody was saying this up until the Oldham game when his form took a dip. Player of the Season means player of the season, not just the last 4 games.

Well actually there was.. I've said all season that i think Kennedy is very overrated. It's got nothing to do with how hes played the last 4 games, he's just a midfielder who does the simply things well and nothing spetacular. I just don't see how that can be our star man.

jason kennedy on 12:52 - Apr 2 with 909 viewsBeckWMG

I thought Kennedy was poor first half of the season but he's really turned my opinion round.

He is a must pick now for every game. With him and Tutte now playing regulary, it's no coinsidence that our form has slightly imporved.

jason kennedy on 13:04 - Apr 2 with 893 viewsRotherhamDale

Kennedy is the only player in this team to put his body on the line for the cause. Last season we had 11 of them, this season we've had 1. That's why he's player of the season, and that's why we're going down.

Possession with progression.

jason kennedy on 16:10 - Apr 2 with 867 viewsnordenblue

jason kennedy on 06:34 - Apr 2 by sweetcorn

Well actually there was.. I've said all season that i think Kennedy is very overrated. It's got nothing to do with how hes played the last 4 games, he's just a midfielder who does the simply things well and nothing spetacular. I just don't see how that can be our star man.

Name a better player consistently this season? This should be fun
jason kennedy on 16:15 - Apr 2 with 857 viewsD_Alien

jason kennedy on 16:10 - Apr 2 by nordenblue

Name a better player consistently this season? This should be fun

Completely agree

Player of the Year isn't about being the brightest star in the team, the leading goalscorer or the most flamboyant footballer. Its quite simply about being there for the benefit of the team, most consistently, week in week out. Should always go to one of the unsung heroes, the others get all the plaudits in other ways.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

jason kennedy on 16:49 - Apr 2 with 840 viewsDale_Iain

jason kennedy on 06:34 - Apr 2 by sweetcorn

Because he's been better than everybody else, that's how!

jason kennedy on 16:51 - Apr 2 with 829 viewsChaffRAFC

jason kennedy on 16:49 - Apr 2 by Dale_Iain

Because he's been better than everybody else, that's how!

He's been exactly that Iain, that's why he's front runner for the Player of the Season. Yes, our squad is a lot weaker than last year and he didn't stand out as much last year but he's still a very good footballer when used in a central midfield role.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

jason kennedy on 17:43 - Apr 2 with 817 views442Dale

jason kennedy on 16:15 - Apr 2 by D_Alien

Completely agree

Player of the Year isn't about being the brightest star in the team, the leading goalscorer or the most flamboyant footballer. Its quite simply about being there for the benefit of the team, most consistently, week in week out. Should always go to one of the unsung heroes, the others get all the plaudits in other ways.

See Players' Player of the Year, Marcus Holness, last season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

jason kennedy on 22:49 - Apr 2 with 768 viewsBirchy915

He turns up every week and plays consistent football, never see him with his head down, puts the tackles in when they are needed, I think he is probably our best ball winner, and he broke that guys leg (sad for the guy but you gotta admire a player with that sort of power).

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

jason kennedy on 07:58 - Apr 3 with 741 viewssweetcorn

jason kennedy on 22:49 - Apr 2 by Birchy915

He turns up every week and plays consistent football, never see him with his head down, puts the tackles in when they are needed, I think he is probably our best ball winner, and he broke that guys leg (sad for the guy but you gotta admire a player with that sort of power).

It's nothing to do with power, anyone could have done that with the correct contact on the ball, the guy was unfortunate that his leg locked on contact with the ball.

jason kennedy on 16:26 - Apr 3 with 712 viewsBrierls

JK makes a simple 3 yard pass look spectacular because he's one of few Dale players who can accomplish the task on a consistent basis!

He may not stomp around midfield huffing and puffing, balling at other players, but he knows when to retain the ball and when to pass. If we had a few more players with JK's ability and footballing brain we wouldn't be in the mess we are now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024