Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sexism in football 15:36 - Apr 5 with 1093 viewsD_Alien

I'm surprised a thread hasn't already been started about this, following on from the BBC1 programme presented by Gabby Logan last night... or, are people shying away from the topic in case some posters wade in with sexist comments?

It seems that sexism is the last taboo to be "tackled", with racism and homophobia "firmly" on the agenda (jeez, its impossible to comment on this without using puns!)

I thought the programme was well-presented for the first half hour or so, but then started to drift and run out of things to say. Robbie Savage was clearly embarrassed and tongue-tied when asked about his reaction to female match officials, but fair play to him for putting himself on the line!

Lawrie Sanchez thinks there'll be a female manager in one of the top two divisions within the next ten years, possibly for commercial reasons i.e. it'd suit the club's image to appoint a female!

My own view is that it's not impossible, but it'd take an exceptional female to put themselves in the firing line, and everyone would be waiting for the slightest mistake or dissent from the dressing room, which would make a difficult job that much harder to do well.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sexism in football on 15:38 - Apr 5 with 1079 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I've said it the past i personally don't mind Women's Football and i don't see the problem

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Sexism in football on 16:24 - Apr 5 with 1053 viewsheywooddale

Sexism in football on 15:38 - Apr 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

I've said it the past i personally don't mind Women's Football and i don't see the problem

I don't think Women's Football is the issue Taz. It is seen as a completely seperate thing. The main issue that is being tackled with this piece is the role of women in the men's game in officiating, commentating, coaching and managing.
Sexism in football on 16:47 - Apr 5 with 1034 viewssince1907

Sexism in football on 16:24 - Apr 5 by heywooddale

I don't think Women's Football is the issue Taz. It is seen as a completely seperate thing. The main issue that is being tackled with this piece is the role of women in the men's game in officiating, commentating, coaching and managing.

Its absolute bollox and a story about nothing!
There is mens football and there is womens football- the fairer sex have every opportunity in their own version of the game. WTF can they not be satisfied with roles within that?
Typical BBC left wing/political correctness carp!
Sexism in football on 16:54 - Apr 5 with 1027 viewsBigKindo

Sexism in football on 16:24 - Apr 5 by heywooddale

Reminiscing over the weekend in Brentford Taz?
Sexism in football on 17:12 - Apr 5 with 1015 views442Dale

Sexism in football on 16:47 - Apr 5 by since1907

There is mens football and there is womens football- the fairer sex have every opportunity in their own version of the game. WTF can they not be satisfied with roles within that?

So there needn't be any roles for women within the men's game?

Or is there a list of roles they can hold?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sexism in football on 17:16 - Apr 5 with 1007 viewsjudd

Sexism in football on 17:12 - Apr 5 by 442Dale

So there needn't be any roles for women within the men's game?

Or is there a list of roles they can hold?

I can think of a list of rolls, tbf

Ham

beef

Chicken

Various other fillings that they have lovingly prepared for the menfolk.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Sexism in football on 17:18 - Apr 5 with 1005 viewsD_Alien

Sexism in football on 17:16 - Apr 5 by judd

I can think of a list of rolls, tbf

Ham

beef

Chicken

Various other fillings that they have lovingly prepared for the menfolk.

Are they allowed to eat them?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sexism in football on 17:47 - Apr 5 with 987 viewsShun

Sian Massey is hot.
Login to get fewer ads

Sexism in football on 19:06 - Apr 5 with 942 viewselectricblue

Sexism in football on 17:47 - Apr 5 by Shun

Sian Massey is hot.

Who!

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sexism in football on 19:23 - Apr 5 with 930 viewsChaffRAFC

Sexism in football on 19:06 - Apr 5 by electricblue

Who!

The lineswoman

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Sexism in football on 20:38 - Apr 5 with 904 viewselectricblue

Sexism in football on 19:23 - Apr 5 by ChaffRAFC

The lineswoman

Oh right i didnt know her name...
I hope she does ok.....in fact i hope shes better than some who ive whittnessed...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Sexism in football on 20:56 - Apr 5 with 892 viewsSFD

Sexism in football on 16:47 - Apr 5 by since1907

Sexism in football on 22:08 - Apr 5 with 862 viewsdalenumber2

Sexism in football on 20:56 - Apr 5 by SFD

SFD are you not going to contribute some of your "women should be at the kitchen sink" comments?
Sexism in football on 23:15 - Apr 5 with 848 viewsSFD

Sexism in football on 22:08 - Apr 5 by dalenumber2

SFD are you not going to contribute some of your "women should be at the kitchen sink" comments?

Moi ?
I would but to busy making sure the female staff here are completing the domestic chores adequately.
Sexism in football on 11:13 - Apr 6 with 786 viewssweetcorn

A woman should stick to the womens game, vice versa with men.

I wouldn't be happy if we appointed a woman manager.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Sexism in football on 11:25 - Apr 6 with 779 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Sexism in football on 11:13 - Apr 6 by sweetcorn

I'd have Hope Powell Manager Rochdale any-day of the week and same if Kelly Smith ever though of going into Football Management it would certainly attract the press for the right reasons
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Sexism in football on 11:48 - Apr 7 with 722 viewssweetcorn

Sexism in football on 11:25 - Apr 6 by DaleAwaydayBot

I'd have Hope Powell Manager Rochdale any-day of the week and same if Kelly Smith ever though of going into Football Management it would certainly attract the press for the right reasons
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

But surely you shouldn't make an appointment based on whether its for the "right reasons"? Surely the job should be given to the best person for the job?

I can never understand this whole quota for things like women, race, etc. in a work place, it should be that the interviews take place, the most suitable candidate gets the job, not who helps reach their quota on a certain demographic.

Sexism in football on 12:21 - Apr 7 with 707 viewsupthedale

Sexism in football on 11:13 - Apr 6 by sweetcorn

If you think that, then women would have very limited career options with regards to most jobs where they have traditionally been male-dominated! Maybe you should just take away the vote as well?

Besides, there are plenty of men in the women's game, significantly more than 50% of managers, referees and staff etc must be men. So why would it then be unfair for women to have a career in the world of men's football?
Sexism in football on 12:26 - Apr 7 with 704 viewsisitme

Sexism in football on 11:48 - Apr 7 by sweetcorn

But surely you shouldn't make an appointment based on whether its for the "right reasons"? Surely the job should be given to the best person for the job?

I can never understand this whole quota for things like women, race, etc. in a work place, it should be that the interviews take place, the most suitable candidate gets the job, not who helps reach their quota on a certain demographic.

I totally agree.

I would like to earn a job through merit rather than getting it because I was a one legged Bangladeshi lesbian and filled some quota.
Sexism in football on 12:34 - Apr 7 with 697 viewssweetcorn

Sexism in football on 12:21 - Apr 7 by upthedale

If you think that, then women would have very limited career options with regards to most jobs where they have traditionally been male-dominated! Maybe you should just take away the vote as well?

Besides, there are plenty of men in the women's game, significantly more than 50% of managers, referees and staff etc must be men. So why would it then be unfair for women to have a career in the world of men's football?

As i have already said, if there are enough females to fill all places as, officials, managers, etc. then no men shouldn't be involved in the ladies game.

And football is completley different to any other job, as football has its own womens professional game and mens professional game, so comparing it to a mixed gender job is like comparing chalk with cheese quite frankly.

Sexism in football on 12:36 - Apr 7 with 694 viewsmexmike

Cant see the manager thing ever happening, imagine when the players are getting changed, she'd have to give the teamtalk from another room.
Sexism in football on 18:00 - Apr 7 with 660 viewsbilbobaggins

Sexism in football on 12:36 - Apr 7 by mexmike

Cant see the manager thing ever happening, imagine when the players are getting changed, she'd have to give the teamtalk from another room.

what a sad world when you cant whistle at a women so she know you fancy the pants of her and in return giving her the opportunity to take a slight glance over her shoulder take a sly look and think in your dreams mate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or for a girl too look at a guy in shorts and go corrrrrrrrrrr and the guy thinking five pints and i might
are we in a sexiest world or a world of mad people
were in a world does a name called ever give someone the rite to kill for it ?
i was called at school but i did not kill anyone because of it or get so upset that i felt the need to harm anyone ,fat ,short ,spotty ,ugly ,smelly,to name but a few called by many different races but i laughed it off as i knew if someone needed to call me a name it was them who had a problem about themselves
bullys come in different guises its how people react to them give them the bigger stage to act on by reacting to what they say and the more they carry on walk away and thing how sad and they fade into the distance and people realise what they are !
Sexism in football on 00:06 - Apr 11 with 610 viewsupthedale

Sexism in football on 12:34 - Apr 7 by sweetcorn

As i have already said, if there are enough females to fill all places as, officials, managers, etc. then no men shouldn't be involved in the ladies game.

And football is completley different to any other job, as football has its own womens professional game and mens professional game, so comparing it to a mixed gender job is like comparing chalk with cheese quite frankly.

There aren't enough females that can afford to play/work in a sport that doesn't pay any money at all for the vast majority of players/staff....and relatively low even for the "top" international players!

For the record, I think women's football is significantly worse than men's football, so I'm not arguing there should be more money in women's football.

But I do believe there are women out there that are much better physios/fitness coaches/sports dieticians/board members than some men in the same job....so you think they should offer their services to ladies football for free/a pittance just cos they are a woman?

So if your theory only extends to sports professionals when there is a separatation between men and women, do you also think that with athletics? Only men should coach men and women should coach women? How about tennis...should the commentators/coaches/umpires have to change depending on whether it's men or women playing the game? Where the hell does that leave mixed doubles?!! Heaven forbid men and women should play together....as equals...barbaric!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024