Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 14:47 - Apr 7 with 6942 views442Dale

Yeovil Town
1Sam Walker
2Luke Ayling
28Richard Hinds
5Paul Huntington
17Jonathan Grounds
14Lawson D'Ath
6Dominic Blizzard
8Edward Upson
15Josh Morris
7Andrew Williams
16Jonathan Franks

Rochdale
23David Lucas
4Marcus Holness
12Kevin Long
5Kevin Amankwaah
3Joe Widdowson
7Jason Kennedy
8Gary Jones
16Andrew Tutte
11Nicky Adams
26Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro
9Michael Symes

Rochdale - Subs
Matthew Edwards, Temitope Obadeyi, Joe Thompson, Neill Byrne, Sean McConville
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 15:31 - Apr 7 with 1520 viewsdalenumber2

Heads are right down apparently - could be in for a drubbing here
Match thread on 15:34 - Apr 7 with 1457 viewsNorthernSou1

Oh dear 2 nil down again! We like to make things difficult for ourselves!!
Match thread on 15:35 - Apr 7 with 1431 viewsdalenumber2

Listening to the match commentary - I really feel for those who have made the trip down to Yeovil today. It sounds like we are not interested at all - absolutely dire. The players owe the fans more than this - hope Coleman will give them an earful at half time.
Match thread on 15:35 - Apr 7 with 1424 viewssandylaner1

brb depressed
Match thread on 15:38 - Apr 7 with 1370 viewsColDale

as it stands, its 11 points from safety with 5 games to go. We could have that R by 9-35 on Tuesday evening.
Match thread on 15:40 - Apr 7 with 1334 viewsisitme

As soon as the inevitable is confirmed it's time to give some of the youth team players a go off the bench. At least see if any are worthy of a squad place next season.
Match thread on 15:40 - Apr 7 with 1329 viewsdalenumber2

Tutte and Adams squaring up to each other now - how embarrassing
Match thread on 15:43 - Apr 7 with 1277 viewssandylaner1

Match thread on 15:38 - Apr 7 by ColDale

as it stands, its 11 points from safety with 5 games to go. We could have that R by 9-35 on Tuesday evening.

we can always rely on col to give us that truthful dose of reality
Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 15:44 - Apr 7 with 1252 viewsColDale

now it's certain that we're down, there's a massive part of me wants us to finish absolute rock bottom so that this squad is tarnished with the position they so richly deserve. I'd hate for anyone to start thinking that the relegation was harsh or we were left in a position where we were saying "if only .....". We've been a bottom of the table club since day one of the season, and the fact that this squad of players has been able to raise its game for the derby games speaks volumes about the mentality within the squad. I don't think I'm alone in feeling very disillusioned with Dale at the moment, and the only hope is that this season lasts long in the memory to ensure that we learn from our mistakes.
Match thread on 15:45 - Apr 7 with 1246 viewsClivert

The song 'Your not fit to wear the shirt!' has never been more apt for this bunch.
Match thread on 15:46 - Apr 7 with 1217 viewsSandyman

Texts from the ground suggest defending could be as bad as when Eyre was here - and it don't get worse than that
Match thread on 15:47 - Apr 7 with 1202 views442Dale

It'll almost worse if they then go and pull out a good display v Sheff U. But also very predictable.

Match thread on 15:52 - Apr 7 with 1141 viewsoff2div1

Match thread on 15:52 - Apr 7 with 1139 viewsrafcjosh

To be fair though Yeovil have been in good form recently but we've had no fight in us all season. Roll on Fleetwood & Wimbledon away next season.
Match thread on 15:52 - Apr 7 with 1138 viewsNIGELdale

WE ARE A ABSOLUTE DISGRACE COLEMAN ;S RECORD SINCE TAKING OVER NOT GOOD NEEDS TO GET RID OFF AT LEAST 1O PLAYERS HAVING SERIOUS DOUBTS ABOUT RENEWING MY SEASON TICKETS ME AND MY SONS 370.00 ALOT OF MONEY FOR LEAGUE 2
Match thread on 15:54 - Apr 7 with 1078 viewsdalenumber2

Match thread on 15:44 - Apr 7 by ColDale

now it's certain that we're down, there's a massive part of me wants us to finish absolute rock bottom so that this squad is tarnished with the position they so richly deserve. I'd hate for anyone to start thinking that the relegation was harsh or we were left in a position where we were saying "if only .....". We've been a bottom of the table club since day one of the season, and the fact that this squad of players has been able to raise its game for the derby games speaks volumes about the mentality within the squad. I don't think I'm alone in feeling very disillusioned with Dale at the moment, and the only hope is that this season lasts long in the memory to ensure that we learn from our mistakes.

But what were the mistakes do you think Col? Appointing Steve Eyre as manager? I don't think that was so much of a mistake than a gamble in good faith that went wrong. Maybe keeping Eyre too long? Or giving Beech a chance? I am not sure it is just 'mistakes' that have sent us down - more a series of misfortunes as well. Like Hill going, losing some of our top players etc.
I agree that the mentality of the squad seems shocking, and I think a big clearout in the summer is what is needed for Coleman and Bell to start next season with a clean slate.
Match thread on 15:55 - Apr 7 with 1056 viewsSandyman

Sounds like Trevor Kettle is spoiling yet another game, this time at Oldham, with his pantomime villain refereeing. Remember Preston at home earlier this year ?
Match thread on 15:58 - Apr 7 with 1020 viewsisitme

Match thread on 15:55 - Apr 7 by Sandyman

Sounds like Trevor Kettle is spoiling yet another game, this time at Oldham, with his pantomime villain refereeing. Remember Preston at home earlier this year ?

Yep that made my blood boil his performance that day. Perhaps he is just trying to take some steam out of the game?
Match thread on 16:02 - Apr 7 with 971 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 15:44 - Apr 7 by ColDale

There is no doubt in my mind that we are the worst team i have seen in league one this season, today doesnt really bother me because i dont expect anything else from this collection of misfits.

No doubt they can raise their game for the odd match but to do that week in week out is beyond them. They look a yard slow at times and from the start of the season its been very, very obvious that the spirit in the camp is not good.

The more players we can ditch at the end of the season the better, all i want is to watch a "team", a collection of men who all fight for each other, support each other and stick together like glue.

Half of this lot act like slapped arses, they make me sick !!
Match thread on 16:02 - Apr 7 with 965 viewsolympicdale

Match thread on 15:54 - Apr 7 by dalenumber2

But what were the mistakes do you think Col? Appointing Steve Eyre as manager? I don't think that was so much of a mistake than a gamble in good faith that went wrong. Maybe keeping Eyre too long? Or giving Beech a chance? I am not sure it is just 'mistakes' that have sent us down - more a series of misfortunes as well. Like Hill going, losing some of our top players etc.
I agree that the mentality of the squad seems shocking, and I think a big clearout in the summer is what is needed for Coleman and Bell to start next season with a clean slate.

clubs lose good managers and players every year and still manage to carry on, look at Bournemouth as an example, and many many others, that excuse can only last so long.

This "team" hasnt performed under 3 managers, clearly dont give a shit, full of prima donnas and old past it players, Coleman needs his own players who will run through a brick wall as he did at Accy, I cant wait for it to be confirmed so he can sieve out the shite, and start his work for L2's (hopefully) promotion push.

Life is a game of fate.

Match thread on 16:03 - Apr 7 with 942 viewsTalkingSutty

Signing players who had a reputation as being "bad eggs" didnt help.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Match thread on 16:03 - Apr 7 with 938 viewsColDale

I think the biggest mistake was the assumption that after finishing so high last season that we'd be alright to survive in what was always going to be a transitional season. Mistakes over this season will probably ensure that next season is a transitional season now. I know Eyre has been covered to death, but his appointment was an incredible gamble, and whether Eyre had the gift of the gab or whether City and his media mates bigged him up, due diligence would have revealed exactly what we were appointing. Further mistakes were made by allowing the sale of key players, and naively assuming we'd be able to go out and replace them the next week. Appointing Coleman shows the club have got someone in it for the long haul some mistakes have been corrected, but I want the club to remind themselves many times over the next few years "Remember what happened in 2011".
Match thread on 16:04 - Apr 7 with 932 views442Dale

The Beech spell will be glossed over, the Chairman's report with the accounts even does it.

Directly after saying Eyre and Bunn had their contracts terminated it says "We then decided to employ John Coleman and Jimmy Bell as the new management team from Accrington Stanley and did so because we felt we needed more experience than offered by the previous team".

Only later is Chris Beech thanked for acting as caretaker manager for a spell.

Those games and the time wasted did us no favours and increased the uncertainty, especially as Beech was talking as though he was here until the end of the season.

Match thread on 16:04 - Apr 7 with 927 viewsDale23years

Match thread on 15:58 - Apr 7 by isitme

Yep that made my blood boil his performance that day. Perhaps he is just trying to take some steam out of the game?

Left after 40 MINS utter disgusting performance shame to be a fu cking dale fan

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Match thread on 16:05 - Apr 7 with 912 viewsrafcjosh

Am I the only person who thinks a promotion push next season would be asking too much of Coleman? Considering we're shipping a majority of our players & don't really have the budget to buy a whole new squad.

I'd be happy with a top 12 finish next season, give him a few years & we'll be saying good bye to the Rochdale division, again!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024