Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread 14:47 - Apr 7 with 6943 views442Dale

Yeovil Town
1Sam Walker
2Luke Ayling
28Richard Hinds
5Paul Huntington
17Jonathan Grounds
14Lawson D'Ath
6Dominic Blizzard
8Edward Upson
15Josh Morris
7Andrew Williams
16Jonathan Franks

Rochdale
23David Lucas
4Marcus Holness
12Kevin Long
5Kevin Amankwaah
3Joe Widdowson
7Jason Kennedy
8Gary Jones
16Andrew Tutte
11Nicky Adams
26Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro
9Michael Symes

Rochdale - Subs
Matthew Edwards, Temitope Obadeyi, Joe Thompson, Neill Byrne, Sean McConville
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread on 17:09 - Apr 7 with 1212 viewssweetcorn

Match thread on 17:06 - Apr 7 by rochedale

I am the only one who thinks that JC MAY NOT be the answer?

His record, without doing any research, can't be much better than eyres.

Granted he has inherited this team, so that may be a saving grace, but for everyone who is banking on the fact that, he is the man for us just because of what he did for Accy, I would be careful of getting over ambitious.

Surely you can see the improvement on the pitch. 1. our defence looked decent when we had the two kevs. 2. we actually look at times like we can compete, unlike the Eyre tenure.

JC's real reign as manager starts next season when he gets players and back room staff he wants.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Match thread on 17:09 - Apr 7 with 1210 viewssoulboy

I couldnt agree more. We all knew this was going to be a tough season losing hilly, 2nd season syndrome etc but the decline has been almost unbelieveable, from a team that did the double over Southampton to this shambles. True, the players should take a long, hard, critical look at themselves but so too should the board. Just how much have they really done in order to try and preserve league one football. I said back in Nov that relegation was more than a possibilty and maybe that would just be the start of even worse things to come. I am still of that opinion.

Match thread on 17:13 - Apr 7 with 1171 viewsrochedale

Match thread on 17:09 - Apr 7 by sweetcorn

Surely you can see the improvement on the pitch. 1. our defence looked decent when we had the two kevs. 2. we actually look at times like we can compete, unlike the Eyre tenure.

JC's real reign as manager starts next season when he gets players and back room staff he wants.

I agree with what you say, but I did expect more. I was hoping he would be a manager that could get the best out of all his players, that has sadly not been the case. It was just a thought, because everybody seems to be putting all their eggs in the John Coleman basket... only time will tell I suppose.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match thread on 17:17 - Apr 7 with 1149 viewssweetcorn

Match thread on 17:13 - Apr 7 by rochedale

I agree with what you say, but I did expect more. I was hoping he would be a manager that could get the best out of all his players, that has sadly not been the case. It was just a thought, because everybody seems to be putting all their eggs in the John Coleman basket... only time will tell I suppose.

I'll be honest, some of the players in our squad i feel wouldn't even work for Martin O'neil and he's supposed to be the best motivator in the game.

I just hope JC realises some of the mistakes he actually has made in his first half a season as Dale manager, such as playing the same team for so many games, when it was clear it wasn't working, The over-reliance on an ageing Gary Jones, whose performances this season have cried out for a rest and maybe setting about a team at home rather than playing with caution.

Match thread on 17:19 - Apr 7 with 1136 views442Dale

The defence has suffered badly since Darby has been out. 1 point in 4 games since the Oldham win when he did well.

What exactly is wrong with him?

Match thread on 17:32 - Apr 7 with 1073 viewsSandyman

One win in the last ten games is Eyre-esque.
Match thread on 18:16 - Apr 7 with 984 viewsgresh1

Match thread on 15:09 - Apr 7 by dalenumber2

Listening on Daleplayer, it sounds like we are awful !

Only bright spot is knowing we are back on the lash in Yeovil. Ps enjoy Torqauy chaff and the rest on the stagg do. Piss poor game.
Match thread on 18:44 - Apr 7 with 935 viewsSalwaDale

Board got it badly wrong with Eyre but I still believee they did it with the right intentions so I can forgive that. To be honest I can accept relegation but not the way we are going down. We currently seem to have no players who look like they are on the up, only players who look like they don't care.

As for Beech, the players clearly didn't want to play for him and it looks quite similar for Coleman. I'd love to know what he thinks of our current crop of players as he has failed to motivate them. His managerial career will be judged quite a lot on next season. If he fails then he will only have been good at Accy. Pivotal season for him (as it will be for Hill at t'Barnsley). I don't know which players are the poison that have destoyed team spirit but I hope Coleman and Bell do. Displays under Coleman have been a disgrace at times and it really hurts to see players playing with such a lack of spirit. I don't really care who goes. If we have players from the Hillcroft era who would run through brick walls for them but won't now then the sooner they go, the better. Players who've arrived this season have been part of an awful team all season and I'd struggle to state a strong argument as to why I want ANY of them here next season. Hate to say it but plenty of them are not fit to wear the shirt. Being rubbish iss one thing but lacking fight is another and completely unacceptable. The team has shown they can play at times but they've never shown they care enough to do it for whole games, never mind consecutive games.

So, what I want to see on Tuesday is a team based around the players JC wants to keep next season.. After that, chuck a few kids in and send the primadonnas packing.

Guttedd how this season is finishing.

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread on 18:47 - Apr 7 with 927 viewssandylaner1

after the bury game which promised so much, its sad that we find ourselves in this position under JC.

i am in no doubt he IS easily the right man for the job, give him all summer and pre season to sort the playing staff into a team and kick on from there.

Match thread on 18:49 - Apr 7 with 918 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 16:10 - Apr 7 by isitme

Trotman as well had a reputation as being a bad egg. He was also Eyre's main target. What ever happened there?

Tutte and Adams and Grimes had bad reputations also, so thats four for starters. Obviously, its hearsay but even if only a couple are true its not good. There is always a reason why obviously talented footballers constantly move from club to club and spend the majority of it in the lower divisions. Its normally either lack of application/workrate, or poor attitude. Why did Hill ship Tutte out ?

These are players who have been mollycoddled in swish training environments and had smoke blown up their backsides since a early age, when it comes to competing in the real mans world they cant hack it and either sulk or throw a tantrum. When the chips are down you wont win owt with this lot !!
Match thread on 19:00 - Apr 7 with 887 viewsSFD

Match thread on 18:49 - Apr 7 by TalkingSutty

Tutte and Adams and Grimes had bad reputations also, so thats four for starters. Obviously, its hearsay but even if only a couple are true its not good. There is always a reason why obviously talented footballers constantly move from club to club and spend the majority of it in the lower divisions. Its normally either lack of application/workrate, or poor attitude. Why did Hill ship Tutte out ?

These are players who have been mollycoddled in swish training environments and had smoke blown up their backsides since a early age, when it comes to competing in the real mans world they cant hack it and either sulk or throw a tantrum. When the chips are down you wont win owt with this lot !!

Where do you stand on Jonah now TS he has been as bad if not worse than most this season, showed petulance unbecoming of a captain and I have been told today that he is one of the main reasons for unrest amngst the players, I dont think he is up to another season playing every game ?????????????
Match thread on 19:02 - Apr 7 with 882 views442Dale

Match thread on 18:49 - Apr 7 by TalkingSutty

Hill got rid of Higgy numerous times. He's also now playing him in the Championship.

The Grimes thing is understandable, there have been games where his application has been nothing short of terrible (Bradford being one of the worst examples), however Tutte has never been found wanting when it comes to effort all over the pitch.

As has been said before, Tutte has only been around first tem football for just over 18 months playing 50 odd games. In that time he's impressed enough managers to want to sign him and successfully changed Coleman's mind to play him regularly. He's got something about him that we don't have in midfield - pace.

Adams was signed by Hill and hasn't caused may problems until this Twitter nonsense. Maybe he was arguing with Tutte about who to follow.

Match thread on 02:27 - Apr 8 with 734 viewspioneer

Match thread on 16:03 - Apr 7 by ColDale

I think the biggest mistake was the assumption that after finishing so high last season that we'd be alright to survive in what was always going to be a transitional season. Mistakes over this season will probably ensure that next season is a transitional season now. I know Eyre has been covered to death, but his appointment was an incredible gamble, and whether Eyre had the gift of the gab or whether City and his media mates bigged him up, due diligence would have revealed exactly what we were appointing. Further mistakes were made by allowing the sale of key players, and naively assuming we'd be able to go out and replace them the next week. Appointing Coleman shows the club have got someone in it for the long haul some mistakes have been corrected, but I want the club to remind themselves many times over the next few years "Remember what happened in 2011".

They should have been remembering what happened in 1973-4 - last tiime they appointed a youth team coach from outside the club.

eight seasons in the third tier in our history and three of them finiosh rock bottom, if thing continue as they are.

Match thread on 08:01 - Apr 8 with 712 viewsTalkingSutty

Match thread on 19:00 - Apr 7 by SFD

Where do you stand on Jonah now TS he has been as bad if not worse than most this season, showed petulance unbecoming of a captain and I have been told today that he is one of the main reasons for unrest amngst the players, I dont think he is up to another season playing every game ?????????????

Being very serious. He would be the first name on my team sheet for next season and also make him captain. The frustration in Jonahs game has been apparant all season, after fighting so hard to get the club promoted to then have to perform alongside some of the clowns we have witnessed this season must be disheartening.

I am not saying he has played well this season but we all know what he is still capable of and you know you are going to get the effort week in week out. I know lots dont agree with my views, but it would be boring if we all agreed with each other. I know he is coming to the end of his career but he is more than capable of performing well in league two, alongside like minded players.

Its not about Jonah or Kennedy etc because these players have proved their capabilities over a number of years, the concentration should be on decimating the entire squad and re-building with a few experienced heads to steady the ship.

If Jonah has shown signs of petulance this season, ask yourself why ?? This is the same man who last season was a revelation, the one who led us to promotion the season before and the same guy who for hundreds of games has given us sterling service. So your suggeston that he his a bad apple doesnt wash with me, especially when i see your suggestion that JC and previous managers are all misguided regarding Grimes ommision from the team.

I take it you see what goes on week in and week out in training ?? I trust the managers judgement regarding football matters a lot higher than yours, so when it comes to attitude and Jonah v Grimes your questions been answered.

Your comments about Jonah being the disruptive influence in the camp is also a smack in the teeth for all those who not only organised his benefit night last week but also the hundreds who attended, i take it they are all mugs also for not identifying Jonah as being the problem in the camp and then supporting him on the night !!

Grimes isnt in the squad for a reason, you dont drop your leading scorer for something trivial, but in your mind these characters can do what they want and still be in the starting line up, point the finger at these type of players before trying to assasinate a club legend. Have a nice Easter !!
Match thread on 09:21 - Apr 8 with 654 viewsNIGELdale

Match thread on 18:44 - Apr 7 by SalwaDale

Board got it badly wrong with Eyre but I still believee they did it with the right intentions so I can forgive that. To be honest I can accept relegation but not the way we are going down. We currently seem to have no players who look like they are on the up, only players who look like they don't care.

As for Beech, the players clearly didn't want to play for him and it looks quite similar for Coleman. I'd love to know what he thinks of our current crop of players as he has failed to motivate them. His managerial career will be judged quite a lot on next season. If he fails then he will only have been good at Accy. Pivotal season for him (as it will be for Hill at t'Barnsley). I don't know which players are the poison that have destoyed team spirit but I hope Coleman and Bell do. Displays under Coleman have been a disgrace at times and it really hurts to see players playing with such a lack of spirit. I don't really care who goes. If we have players from the Hillcroft era who would run through brick walls for them but won't now then the sooner they go, the better. Players who've arrived this season have been part of an awful team all season and I'd struggle to state a strong argument as to why I want ANY of them here next season. Hate to say it but plenty of them are not fit to wear the shirt. Being rubbish iss one thing but lacking fight is another and completely unacceptable. The team has shown they can play at times but they've never shown they care enough to do it for whole games, never mind consecutive games.

So, what I want to see on Tuesday is a team based around the players JC wants to keep next season.. After that, chuck a few kids in and send the primadonnas packing.

Guttedd how this season is finishing.

spot on wigan dale i want to see some fight and spirit for the rest of the season if not i will not renew my season tickets ive seen more effort and fight in my sons under 7 team plus ive enjoyed there games better than the dales
Match thread on 12:33 - Apr 8 with 579 viewsPDIDDY

his reign started the day you employed him to keep you up, hes failed to do that, our knobhead is still in charge after 1 win in 15 which is a scandal, see you next season

Gissa job

Match thread on 12:46 - Apr 8 with 561 viewssweetcorn

Match thread on 12:33 - Apr 8 by PDIDDY

his reign started the day you employed him to keep you up, hes failed to do that, our knobhead is still in charge after 1 win in 15 which is a scandal, see you next season

many thought he had been brought in too late and that he was fighting a lost cause, but with a faint hope he could save us, which would have been a minor miracle.

I believe his appointment was made with a view to building some stability at league two level and bringing in a man with a track record of building promotion chasing teams on shoe-string budgets..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024