Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JLAA 11:34 - Jun 16 with 4557 viewsQuigley_dale

Reading some of the comments on here you would think the guy was Pele!

Don't get me wrong I would like to see him extend his stay at Spotland, as his pace and direct style makes him a great impact sub.

However, if (when) he chooses to decline signing a new contract, I would certainty not lose any sleep over it. If I'm being honest his finishing is woeful for a striker.

I'll probably get slated for this post, but I'll stand by my point that despite his undoubted commitment for the shirt, JLAA will only ever be an average league 2 striker.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
JLAA on 11:46 - Jun 16 with 4523 viewsSyke_Dale

"Reading some of the comments on here you would think the guy was Pele!"

"Don't get me wrong I would like to see him extend his stay at Spotland, as his pace and direct style makes him a great impact sub".

"However, if (when) he chooses to decline signing a new contract, I would certainty not lose any sleep over it. If I'm being honest his finishing is woeful for a striker".

"I'll probably get slated for this post, but I'll stand by my point that despite his undoubted commitment for the shirt, JLAA will only ever be an average league 2 striker".

I agree......

JLAA on 11:59 - Jun 16 with 4495 viewsColDale

I don't think many would disagree. His reputation has certainly improved due to the ineptitude of some of his team mates last year, but he should be a decent Lge 2 player. He's not going to be a 20 goals a season player, but he'll cause problems. Had we picked up a player like that on a free transfer now, I'd have been well chuffed.

JLAA on 12:03 - Jun 16 with 4482 viewsYorkshire_Dale

He deserves a deal for his contribution last season......one of only a couple of decent players.
JLAA on 12:11 - Jun 16 with 4477 viewsChaffRAFC

I agree with most of that Quiggers but I think we need him in our squad because he's going to be very difficult to replace if he leaves (I fully expect him to leave and go where Joe Widdowson goes). Firstly he can play up front or out wide and is very effective in both areas, we don't have any other players who can say that. He's quick, he's got skill, he's a massive pain for defenders and he links up well with the other attackers (Grimes seemed to be at his best when next to JLAA) and his work rate is excellent, again, not many of our forwards work hard enough.

So, no, he's not Pele and if he were to leave, we'd survive but he's more than an average League 2 striker. We'll miss his presence if he's to leave.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

JLAA on 14:00 - Jun 16 with 4361 viewsfirgrovedale51

He makes things happen, he also creates chances.
JLAA on 18:06 - Jun 16 with 4204 viewsisitme

I agree with the original post and would not be that bothered if he did not resign.

I heard that there were some League One clubs after him. I would suspect Scunthorpe being one of them.
JLAA on 21:17 - Jun 16 with 4061 viewsTomRAFC

the one part of akpros performances that no one can criticise is his work rate

his finishing is inconistent and for someone of his size he isn't great in the air

but his pace and his unwillingness to give up would make him very difficult to replace

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

JLAA on 23:06 - Jun 16 with 3998 viewsDoolan_Is_God

If he was the complete package, he'd be at a bigger club than Dale. The fact is if he signs, we get a solid squad player with excellent work-rate, strength, pace and creativity for no transfer fee.

He's not going to lead the line like O'Grady did for us, but he's been consistently effective when played in various positions and never looked out of place in League One even in a team which was (lets be honest) pretty woeful for the majority of the time.

If he could start banging in a goal every other game, he'd be hot property at our level and might bring us some money next summer.
Login to get fewer ads

JLAA on 00:14 - Jun 17 with 3959 viewsNotEyreClue

JLAA on 21:17 - Jun 16 by TomRAFC

the one part of akpros performances that no one can criticise is his work rate

his finishing is inconistent and for someone of his size he isn't great in the air

but his pace and his unwillingness to give up would make him very difficult to replace

I can't believe you said he's not good in the air - he wins headers that he has absolutely no right to win...I'd actually go as far as saying that it's his best quality (second only to his committment levels). He would do well for us in League 2 and I really hope he does sign.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

JLAA on 01:25 - Jun 17 with 3923 viewsbilbobaggins

JLAA on 00:14 - Jun 17 by NotEyreClue

I can't believe you said he's not good in the air - he wins headers that he has absolutely no right to win...I'd actually go as far as saying that it's his best quality (second only to his committment levels). He would do well for us in League 2 and I really hope he does sign.

i would sooner keep joey t than jlaa but if its true they both gone and we now looking for more players
JLAA on 10:34 - Jun 17 with 3845 viewsphomem

It's his pace which can create the chances, two flying wingers for me against l2 defenders. It'll create goals
JLAA on 13:16 - Jun 17 with 3725 viewsTomRAFC

JLAA on 00:14 - Jun 17 by NotEyreClue

at the start of eyres reign when JLAA was essentially a lone target man he was woefull in the air

not his ault he simply isn't that type of player but at sheffield wednesday first game of the season JLAA was made to look bad... paul tait bad

he is a quality player with the ball on the deck but aerially i think he's rather poor

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

JLAA on 13:23 - Jun 17 with 3720 viewsTalkingSutty

JLAA on 01:25 - Jun 17 by bilbobaggins

i would sooner keep joey t than jlaa but if its true they both gone and we now looking for more players

Joey T has never progressed as a player during his time at the club. He shirks any physical challenge, has a poor work rate and is very injury prone. Apart from that, hes not bad !!

JLAA is a league two player, granted he has a good work rate but he shouldnt be applauded or thanked for that, its his profession and "work rate" should be a given. His goalscoring record is poor, he cant play as a loan striker and at times he doesnt appear to know what he is trying to do with the ball himself, so the opposition will be well baffled. I think he also lacks aggression at times. Apart from that, hes not bad.

It shows how far we have slipped and how we have lowered our expectations as supporters since Hillcrofts departure, when we are now thinking that the loss of these two players is a blow to the club. I would keep JLAA, but please lets not suddenly think his departure will be a serious loss. Hes a average player at this level.

JT has had enough chances to cement his place in the team and never been able to put a run of performances together, he isnt good enough from what i have seen.
JLAA on 20:58 - Jun 18 with 3472 viewsDaleMS

JLAA on 13:23 - Jun 17 by TalkingSutty

Joey T has never progressed as a player during his time at the club. He shirks any physical challenge, has a poor work rate and is very injury prone. Apart from that, hes not bad !!

JLAA is a league two player, granted he has a good work rate but he shouldnt be applauded or thanked for that, its his profession and "work rate" should be a given. His goalscoring record is poor, he cant play as a loan striker and at times he doesnt appear to know what he is trying to do with the ball himself, so the opposition will be well baffled. I think he also lacks aggression at times. Apart from that, hes not bad.

It shows how far we have slipped and how we have lowered our expectations as supporters since Hillcrofts departure, when we are now thinking that the loss of these two players is a blow to the club. I would keep JLAA, but please lets not suddenly think his departure will be a serious loss. Hes a average player at this level.

JT has had enough chances to cement his place in the team and never been able to put a run of performances together, he isnt good enough from what i have seen.

I am afraid JLAA is absolute pants and always has been , we got relegated boys and finished bottom this guy is pretty clueless at thei leavel he is non league standard as for Skippy Thomspson OMG he would be shot if he was a horse he is pathetc a complete waste of space, he cant tackle pass or make decisive runs. His goals have come off his backside or the back of his head, that Southaton one was classic he didnt even know where he was. He must be got rid of maybe he could just about perform at FC Scum standard
JLAA on 21:00 - Jun 18 with 3462 viewssandylaner1

JLAA on 20:58 - Jun 18 by DaleMS

I am afraid JLAA is absolute pants and always has been , we got relegated boys and finished bottom this guy is pretty clueless at thei leavel he is non league standard as for Skippy Thomspson OMG he would be shot if he was a horse he is pathetc a complete waste of space, he cant tackle pass or make decisive runs. His goals have come off his backside or the back of his head, that Southaton one was classic he didnt even know where he was. He must be got rid of maybe he could just about perform at FC Scum standard

JLAA on 21:00 - Jun 18 with 3461 viewssandylaner1

JLAA on 13:58 - Jun 19 with 3353 viewsThreeLions

JLAA on 21:00 - Jun 18 by sandylaner1

your posts almost piss me off as much as that MS nob
JLAA on 14:02 - Jun 19 with 3346 viewssweetcorn

JLAA on 13:58 - Jun 19 by ThreeLions

simmer down.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

JLAA on 14:15 - Jun 19 with 3310 viewssandylaner1

JLAA on 13:58 - Jun 19 by ThreeLions

okay.

JLAA on 19:23 - Jun 19 with 3179 viewsShun

Haaaarrrr^
JLAA on 21:19 - Jun 19 with 3140 viewsdalenumber2

Grief have you still not got any of those antidepressants I recommended last week. Or take an anger management course or something? Must be awful to be so bitter and twisted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024