Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You'll never beat the Irish? 12:19 - Jun 17 with 1558 viewsTacticalR

As with his article on Joey Barton, I have to agree with Keane's comments on Ireland:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/euro2012/4377157/Euro-2012-R

The thing with Keane is that his remorseless criticism can be very insightful, but it's the very thing that makes him a terrible manager (and his article on Ireland offers few practical suggestions about how Irish football could be improved).

On a related note, Ipswich have just got back their successful youth team/academy director Bryan Klug, who Keane drove out:
http://www.twtd.co.uk/news.php?storyid=20886

Air hostess clique

You'll never beat the Irish? on 12:26 - Jun 17 with 1533 viewsBazWoT

He suffers from I'm the only professional prfessional footballer Ireland have ever produced syndrome.

Can't stand the negative morose w*nker.

Shouldn't be allowed to even comment after storming off like a big girl's blouse!

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

You'll never beat the Irish? on 12:46 - Jun 17 with 1499 viewsscot1963

You'll never beat the Irish? on 12:26 - Jun 17 by BazWoT

He suffers from I'm the only professional prfessional footballer Ireland have ever produced syndrome.

Can't stand the negative morose w*nker.

Shouldn't be allowed to even comment after storming off like a big girl's blouse!

+1 couldn't have put it better myself
You'll never beat the Irish? on 13:03 - Jun 17 with 1476 viewsWatford_Ranger

He was wrong to leave the squad of course but the article is spot on. It's not like he storming off ten years ago has an effect on the team's poor performances at this tournament or their mentality.
You'll never beat the Irish? on 13:03 - Jun 17 with 1474 viewsWatford_Ranger

He was wrong to leave the squad of course but the article is spot on. It's not like he storming off ten years ago has an effect on the team's poor performances at this tournament or their mentality.
You'll never beat the Irish? on 13:05 - Jun 17 with 1471 viewsHayesender

You can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear etc

Poll: Shamima Beghum

You'll never beat the Irish? on 13:15 - Jun 17 with 1447 viewsTacticalR

I'm not denying that Keane is a monstrous ego, or a terrible manager. In his 2009 biography Dwight Yorke described the disastrous impact Keane's 'If you're not for me you're against me' style had on the Sunderland team:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Paranoia rampaged through the club, players were at each other's throats and fighting one another; it was disintegrating before our very eyes.

For the next five weeks it was like this and the results inevitably crumbled still further. And then, suddenly, I got a call from our elusive manager, who had not spoken to me since I was banished from the meeting.

'Yorkie, I know things haven't been great between us but I just want to know if you're on board with me,' said Keano.

I was so stunned to receive the call, never mind the question, that I couldn't think of an answer.

Instead, I said I would pop in and discuss it with him the following day.

Twenty minutes later I got a text from him: 'Don't bother - I think I've got my answer.' It would have been easy for me to tell him I was on board. I guess that was what he wanted. I'm sorry I couldn't do that.

I'm not saying I would not have thrown my support behind Keano eventually; such is the immense respect I had for him as my leader then I probably would have. But we needed to talk first.

By now I was convinced that club management was not for Keano.

Air hostess clique

You'll never beat the Irish? on 13:52 - Jun 17 with 1383 viewsthemodfather

You'll never beat the Irish? on 13:15 - Jun 17 by TacticalR

I'm not denying that Keane is a monstrous ego, or a terrible manager. In his 2009 biography Dwight Yorke described the disastrous impact Keane's 'If you're not for me you're against me' style had on the Sunderland team:
Paranoia rampaged through the club, players were at each other's throats and fighting one another; it was disintegrating before our very eyes.

For the next five weeks it was like this and the results inevitably crumbled still further. And then, suddenly, I got a call from our elusive manager, who had not spoken to me since I was banished from the meeting.

'Yorkie, I know things haven't been great between us but I just want to know if you're on board with me,' said Keano.

I was so stunned to receive the call, never mind the question, that I couldn't think of an answer.

Instead, I said I would pop in and discuss it with him the following day.

Twenty minutes later I got a text from him: 'Don't bother - I think I've got my answer.' It would have been easy for me to tell him I was on board. I guess that was what he wanted. I'm sorry I couldn't do that.

I'm not saying I would not have thrown my support behind Keano eventually; such is the immense respect I had for him as my leader then I probably would have. But we needed to talk first.

By now I was convinced that club management was not for Keano.

ignore him....he knows eire wouldn't have a team without england supplying players...lol!
You'll never beat the Irish? on 21:27 - Jun 17 with 1122 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I know one thing. He's the only one I've heard really call out the Irish players on two dreadful performances. I was at the game on Thursday night and the attitude of players like McGeady, Cox and O' Shea was appalling. In Ireland the public seem to be happy to shrug the shoulders, say how brilliant Spain are, and how utterly wonderful our supporters are. As if that excuses the laziness of some of our players.

Ireland are crap at soccer because hardly anyone really cares about the sport in our country - our League is hardly supported, most of our people support foreign clubs, we've never had a real home of our own, and we farm out the education of our youth to foreign countries. And when our National team gets hammered at the Euros, most of our supporters are happy because we're nice people.

Dropping players should only be the start of it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

You'll never beat the Irish? on 00:17 - Jun 18 with 970 viewsNorthernr

Roy Keane sold Jordan Rhodes for £200,000 and bought Tamas Priskin for £1.6m. He is therefore in no position to comment.
You'll never beat the Irish? on 03:27 - Jun 18 with 941 viewsIrishqpr

Would somebody please tell that man to put a sock in it. He is great at commenting on things that don't concern him. The current Irish team is none of his business and the facilities the team had to use in Saipan back in 2002 was none of his business either. He was merely a player.

He is nothing but a bitter, twisted, individual.

Oh, and he is a traitor too.
You'll never beat the Irish? on 08:51 - Jun 18 with 863 viewsMonahoop

You'll never beat the Irish? on 03:27 - Jun 18 by Irishqpr

Would somebody please tell that man to put a sock in it. He is great at commenting on things that don't concern him. The current Irish team is none of his business and the facilities the team had to use in Saipan back in 2002 was none of his business either. He was merely a player.

He is nothing but a bitter, twisted, individual.

Oh, and he is a traitor too.

I find over here that feelings toward Roy Keane are still very divided down the middle. You hate him or he is a hero. There is no in between. He knows how to court controversy with his acidic mind and comments. However wouldn't football punditry be dull if everyone saw good in everything and everyone. You need a Mr Nasty to keep the show going. Eamonn Dunphy is another critic of Ireland and everyone for that matter,but is not as venomous as Keane.

I agree with a lot of what Brian McCarthy said. The Irish team are a total let down in this contest. Things will have to change when they get back. Many are not bad players, just poorly coached and organised for an international set up. Time for Trapatonni to move on, but knowing the FAI they will sympathise and stick with him until such time he says he wants to go.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024