Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holness 14:12 - Jul 6 with 4994 viewsaza1710

Don't know if this has been mentioned elsewhere but according to the last part of this Sky article Holness is on trial with Burton.....

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11750/7872754/Mawene-on-trial-with-Brewe
Holness on 14:33 - Jul 6 with 3864 viewsheywooddale

Always thought he'd end up becoming a natural replacement for Stanton had he stayed playing with him for longer, maybe he's off to finish his tutelage??
Holness on 15:03 - Jul 6 with 3755 viewsYorkshire_Dale

As someone said in the Amanwhaah thread...."Pheeeewh"!

Hopefully frees up a bit more loot to invest in a proper team......only dregs left from last year's rabble now.
Holness on 15:09 - Jul 6 with 3737 viewsolympicdale

Holness on 15:03 - Jul 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

As someone said in the Amanwhaah thread...."Pheeeewh"!

Hopefully frees up a bit more loot to invest in a proper team......only dregs left from last year's rabble now.

surely just Jordan/Grimes to ship out.

edit: forgot about Twaddles contract being cancelled.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

Holness on 15:09 - Jul 6 with 3737 viewsSuddenLad

Holness on 15:09 - Jul 6 by olympicdale

surely just Jordan/Grimes to ship out.

edit: forgot about Twaddles contract being cancelled.

Twaddle already gone. Last week.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Holness on 15:45 - Jul 6 with 3641 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Confirmed by Rochdale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10441~2834243,00.html

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Holness on 16:04 - Jul 6 with 3582 viewsDaley_Lama

And then there were 2.

If Joey T doesn't sign (unless he already has, not been online much) then there will only be Jason Kennedy left from the promotion squad all those 2 years ago.

Poll: DF in or out

Holness on 16:04 - Jul 6 with 3581 viewscy74

Good luck to him for whatever reason it went wrong last season
Holness on 16:06 - Jul 6 with 3572 viewsfermin

Holness on 16:04 - Jul 6 by Daley_Lama

And then there were 2.

If Joey T doesn't sign (unless he already has, not been online much) then there will only be Jason Kennedy left from the promotion squad all those 2 years ago.

On Dale Player Colin Garlick mentioned having to deal with a week-to-week contract so I presume this is Thompson.
Login to get fewer ads

Holness on 19:03 - Jul 6 with 3378 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Holness on 16:04 - Jul 6 by cy74

Good luck to him for whatever reason it went wrong last season

Hang on!

He ain't gone yet.......
Holness on 19:16 - Jul 6 with 3348 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Holness on 19:03 - Jul 6 by Yorkshire_Dale

Hang on!

He ain't gone yet.......

Always thought MH was ok - at league 2 level he would do a job

Doubt he is on mega money and to replace him could cost a lot more - for a player who is no better - still if his face does not fit good luck MH

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Holness on 22:20 - Jul 6 with 3258 viewsdalebolt

Would definately do a job at league two level. Just needs to be alongside someone with a bit of pace.
Holness on 23:20 - Jul 6 with 3217 viewsrochedale

I just feel sorry for him losing to Murray in the Semi Final of Wimbledon!

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Holness on 07:18 - Jul 7 with 3146 viewsTalkingSutty

Holness on 22:20 - Jul 6 by dalebolt

Would definately do a job at league two level. Just needs to be alongside someone with a bit of pace.

You forgot about the need to pass the ball to one of his own players.......it helps when you purport to be a professional footballer !!
Holness on 10:27 - Jul 7 with 3018 views442Dale

Holness on 07:18 - Jul 7 by TalkingSutty

You forgot about the need to pass the ball to one of his own players.......it helps when you purport to be a professional footballer !!

Something he had no problem with when he played under Hill with BBM/JK close to him and COG as an outlet ball to feet. Holness receives an unfair press; yes he had a poor season last time, but in our best ever league campaign he was voted player of the year by his fellow pros.

Completely ruined by the manager last summer from almost the moment he came in.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Holness on 15:29 - Jul 7 with 2888 viewspl56

Holness on 10:27 - Jul 7 by 442Dale

Something he had no problem with when he played under Hill with BBM/JK close to him and COG as an outlet ball to feet. Holness receives an unfair press; yes he had a poor season last time, but in our best ever league campaign he was voted player of the year by his fellow pros.

Completely ruined by the manager last summer from almost the moment he came in.

Eyre totally destroyed the lad last season ; he made it clear from the start he didn't think he was tall enough ; tried to replace him with a smaller scottish fullback ; never allowed the opportunity for him to form a partnership with a proper centre half ; never created a tactical system that allowed defence to integrate with midfield , and midfield with attack . That is why we are now where we are ; Holness was not alone , but people are so quick to forget he was an ever present the previous season when we equalled our best ever league position .

Clearly Hill/Flitcroft had full confidence in Holness , and I sometimes wonder if the readiness shown now to criticise is a backdoor route to undermine their achievments .
Holness on 18:19 - Jul 7 with 2772 viewsSalwaDale

Holness on 15:29 - Jul 7 by pl56

Eyre totally destroyed the lad last season ; he made it clear from the start he didn't think he was tall enough ; tried to replace him with a smaller scottish fullback ; never allowed the opportunity for him to form a partnership with a proper centre half ; never created a tactical system that allowed defence to integrate with midfield , and midfield with attack . That is why we are now where we are ; Holness was not alone , but people are so quick to forget he was an ever present the previous season when we equalled our best ever league position .

Clearly Hill/Flitcroft had full confidence in Holness , and I sometimes wonder if the readiness shown now to criticise is a backdoor route to undermine their achievments .

I honestly thought Holness would be take Dawson's mantle but Eyre really did do his best to destroy him. Holness had a superb season the season before where he clearly worked hard on his fitness. Towards the end of last season he did look poor and a little unfit again (when he got chance to play). I can see why Coleman didn't rate him and I think it would be better for him to move so for that reason I hope he does go soon and I'd expect him to have a good career. I just doubt it can be at Rochdale.

TBBT

Holness on 18:57 - Jul 7 with 2736 viewsnordenblue

Holness on 18:19 - Jul 7 by SalwaDale

I honestly thought Holness would be take Dawson's mantle but Eyre really did do his best to destroy him. Holness had a superb season the season before where he clearly worked hard on his fitness. Towards the end of last season he did look poor and a little unfit again (when he got chance to play). I can see why Coleman didn't rate him and I think it would be better for him to move so for that reason I hope he does go soon and I'd expect him to have a good career. I just doubt it can be at Rochdale.

Not a direct reply to you wigan, but im struggling to comprehend a professional footballer being incapable of passing 5 yards to a teammate,regardless of manager or form etc etc?!!For me i think he's always been open to a gaff with whoever he's played alongside he was always the weak link of the partnership! Decent in the air from a goal kick or a lump up front but his reaction time when a situation slightly altered was laughable many times in my eyes, average league 2 at best
Holness on 19:08 - Jul 7 with 2719 viewspl56

Holness on 18:19 - Jul 7 by SalwaDale

I share all the sentiments expressed in your last two paragraphs ; I for one wish him well .
Holness on 19:10 - Jul 7 with 2716 viewsSalwaDale

Holness on 18:57 - Jul 7 by nordenblue

Not a direct reply to you wigan, but im struggling to comprehend a professional footballer being incapable of passing 5 yards to a teammate,regardless of manager or form etc etc?!!For me i think he's always been open to a gaff with whoever he's played alongside he was always the weak link of the partnership! Decent in the air from a goal kick or a lump up front but his reaction time when a situation slightly altered was laughable many times in my eyes, average league 2 at best

But he was and is capable of the 5 yard pass, he did it all the time the season before last. He'd make a tackle and give it to someone else. It was only when he had absolutely nothing to aim at that his distribution was shown up.

Some very good players have made careers out of the 5 yard pass; David Batty, Claud Makelele.

TBBT

Holness on 19:22 - Jul 7 with 2702 views442Dale

Holness on 19:10 - Jul 7 by SalwaDale

But he was and is capable of the 5 yard pass, he did it all the time the season before last. He'd make a tackle and give it to someone else. It was only when he had absolutely nothing to aim at that his distribution was shown up.

Some very good players have made careers out of the 5 yard pass; David Batty, Claud Makelele.

Rightly or wrongly, Holness' form was reliant on confidence. When confident that the manager rated him, he played well. When confident within the system he was playing, he played well. When confident in the players around him (and who he was passing to), he played well.

All of this was done at League 1 level. In fact his only consistent run in the side came at the higher level.

Holness on 19:52 - Jul 7 with 2672 viewsdalebolt

As said looked really good the season before last would have definately done the job back in league two, but i guess the events of last season have signaled the end of Bob at the dale. Good luck Marcus, in my opinion a decent and committed player.
Holness on 20:55 - Jul 7 with 2626 viewsphomem

Holness on 19:22 - Jul 7 by 442Dale

Rightly or wrongly, Holness' form was reliant on confidence. When confident that the manager rated him, he played well. When confident within the system he was playing, he played well. When confident in the players around him (and who he was passing to), he played well.

All of this was done at League 1 level. In fact his only consistent run in the side came at the higher level.

Just like joe thompson now what's happened to him?
Holness on 21:03 - Jul 7 with 2613 views442Dale

Holness on 20:55 - Jul 7 by phomem

Just like joe thompson now what's happened to him?

What's the similarity?

Thompson's career at Dale has only been consistent in its inconsistency.

Holness on 21:58 - Jul 7 with 2580 viewsTalkingSutty

Holness on 21:03 - Jul 7 by 442Dale

What's the similarity?

You cant argue with that statement. Joey has had plenty of chances to cement a regular place in the team. All our recent managers have given him the opportunity and either through lack of consistant performance/ regular injuries/not doing enough to warrant a place in the starting eleven, it hasnt worked out.

How long do we give the lad ? If he was to leave would it be a big loss ? I dont think so.
How many good performances can you count over the last 3 or 4 seasons in all honesty ? Theres no need to start taking your socks off is there ?

Holness on 22:13 - Jul 7 with 2561 viewsphomem

Holness on 21:03 - Jul 7 by 442Dale

What's the similarity?

Thompson is a confidence player too and benefits from a decent run in the team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024