Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We can't attack 20:30 - Aug 25 with 3138 viewsDALE_TAYLOR

Rochdale vs Northampton - 13 shots on target and 0 on target
Torquay vs Rochdale - 70% possession we lose 4-2
This can't be seen as acceptable we are just passing the ball around then relying on tutte to have a shot from 30 yards. Its a joke we need to be more risky and go on a decent attack. and our full backs can't cross at all! maybe work on this at training? this is done to the manager to change or rochdale are likely to go down again. (i use my real name as i don't need to hide my identity)
We can't attack on 20:35 - Aug 25 with 3114 viewsPaulH84

Full backs cant cross at all?

Don't think you've been to the same games I have this season.

That said the stats are telling a story about a team very comfortable in possession, just need to get that cutting edge in the final third.
hahahaha on 20:41 - Aug 25 with 3080 viewsDALE_TAYLOR

We can't attack on 20:35 - Aug 25 by PaulH84

Full backs cant cross at all?

Don't think you've been to the same games I have this season.

That said the stats are telling a story about a team very comfortable in possession, just need to get that cutting edge in the final third.

i have a season ticket and judgiing by the games against barnsley and northampton i noticed that not one of mcintyre crosses were in the air. everyone was cleared by the first man which is awful when we have the likes of adebola and donnelly who are good in the air. so have to disagree mate.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
hahahaha on 20:43 - Aug 25 with 3073 viewsTVOS1907

hahahaha on 20:41 - Aug 25 by DALE_TAYLOR

i have a season ticket and judgiing by the games against barnsley and northampton i noticed that not one of mcintyre crosses were in the air. everyone was cleared by the first man which is awful when we have the likes of adebola and donnelly who are good in the air. so have to disagree mate.

Several of McIntyre's crosses have been in the air. He nearly scored with one last week.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

i remember that ONE on 20:46 - Aug 25 with 3062 viewsDALE_TAYLOR

hahahaha on 20:43 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

Several of McIntyre's crosses have been in the air. He nearly scored with one last week.

i remember that one against northampton although it was down to pure luck and its not really a good cross if its going for goal and not our massive striker adebola whos waiting in the box is it?
We can't attack on 20:55 - Aug 25 with 3035 viewsPaulH84

More often than not Adebola hasn't been waiting in the box and I've found McIntyre to work really hard up and down the flank putting in great crosses. I'd agree that perhaps Pearson isn't getting forward to the same degree but I wouldn't taint them both as poor crossers of the ball.

We can't attack on 20:58 - Aug 25 with 3020 viewsDALE_TAYLOR

We can't attack on 20:55 - Aug 25 by PaulH84

More often than not Adebola hasn't been waiting in the box and I've found McIntyre to work really hard up and down the flank putting in great crosses. I'd agree that perhaps Pearson isn't getting forward to the same degree but I wouldn't taint them both as poor crossers of the ball.

okay your opinion we all have different. but i dont think they have put dangerous crosses into the box and think they should work on them in training. we all entitled to our own views
i remember that ONE on 21:14 - Aug 25 with 2963 viewsTVOS1907

i remember that ONE on 20:46 - Aug 25 by DALE_TAYLOR

i remember that one against northampton although it was down to pure luck and its not really a good cross if its going for goal and not our massive striker adebola whos waiting in the box is it?

So one cross has been in the air then?

crossing on 21:18 - Aug 25 with 2949 viewsDALE_TAYLOR

i remember that ONE on 21:14 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

So one cross has been in the air then?

well yeah from our full backs and we dont even cross from our corners we do awful short ones that don't work. watch against barnet and reply whe you see the dire cross we perform.
Login to get fewer ads

crossing on 21:25 - Aug 25 with 2935 viewsTVOS1907

crossing on 21:18 - Aug 25 by DALE_TAYLOR

well yeah from our full backs and we dont even cross from our corners we do awful short ones that don't work. watch against barnet and reply whe you see the dire cross we perform.

I will.

We scored from a corner today, by the way.

crossing on 21:27 - Aug 25 with 2923 viewsDALE_TAYLOR

crossing on 21:25 - Aug 25 by TVOS1907

I will.

We scored from a corner today, by the way.

i heard it luckily found its way to tutte so..... and proved my point of my original statement which said we have to rely on tutte to have a shot.
crossing on 21:30 - Aug 25 with 2911 views442Dale

crossing on 21:27 - Aug 25 by DALE_TAYLOR

i heard it luckily found its way to tutte so..... and proved my point of my original statement which said we have to rely on tutte to have a shot.

Same corner we've used all season. We might not like it, but it's not luck.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

crossing on 21:32 - Aug 25 with 2906 viewsTVOS1907

crossing on 21:27 - Aug 25 by DALE_TAYLOR

It would have been lucky had Kennedy miskicked it, which he didn't.

crossing on 21:35 - Aug 25 with 2893 viewsDALE_TAYLOR

crossing on 21:30 - Aug 25 by 442Dale

Same corner we've used all season. We might not like it, but it's not luck.

we've had 23 corners in the opening 3 games. we have scored 1 goal from a corner? and that was today. think we need to change this ''amazing'' corner tactic. ok if you say so
crossing on 21:40 - Aug 25 with 2880 views442Dale

crossing on 21:35 - Aug 25 by DALE_TAYLOR

we've had 23 corners in the opening 3 games. we have scored 1 goal from a corner? and that was today. think we need to change this ''amazing'' corner tactic. ok if you say so

Who said it was amazing? I said "we might not like it"

It's ok when used now and again.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We can't attack on 22:30 - Aug 25 with 2823 viewsdingdangblue

Double post

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

We can't attack on 22:31 - Aug 25 with 2823 viewsdingdangblue

I dont think stats should always be believed. At least 3 attempts v northampton were on target. Donnelly had a shot blocked in the 1st half that Im sure was on target, that mcIntyre crossthat was mentioned and wasnt there a crainey header in the 2nd half? Anyway its not been a great start for our forwards - 4 games and no goals aint great. Lets hope these next 2 home games sees that all change.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

We can't attack on 08:55 - Aug 26 with 2633 viewsjasp67

Its OK saying that the guys can't cross, but you also have to look at the strikers. Last week none of them attacked the ball, they just waited for it to land in their heads. I thought adebola looked tired and well past his best. If he had the energy of McIntyre he would get in the box and beat the defender to the crosses or at least peel off and make some space for himself.
We can't attack on 09:03 - Aug 26 with 2622 viewsDalenet

We can't attack on 08:55 - Aug 26 by jasp67

Its OK saying that the guys can't cross, but you also have to look at the strikers. Last week none of them attacked the ball, they just waited for it to land in their heads. I thought adebola looked tired and well past his best. If he had the energy of McIntyre he would get in the box and beat the defender to the crosses or at least peel off and make some space for himself.

Agree with that. For al his so called technical capability, Ashley Grimes is the lasiest player I have ever seen in a Dale shirt.
(No subject) on 12:37 - Aug 27 with 2420 viewsryandale97

hahahaha on 20:41 - Aug 25 by DALE_TAYLOR

Personally i think mcintyre and pearson are decent crossers of the ball. And to your point about not one cross in the air, many crosses have been! How many of wisemans crosses were in the air? not many. He had plenty of assists, so it can work
We can't attack on 13:17 - Aug 27 with 2378 viewsJumeirahDale

Hold on a minute, so we're having loads of corners, crossing loads, shooting loads (all without much success) and your point is that "we can't attack"?

Do you mean we can't attack, or we can't score?

We were a fabulous attacking side against Chesterfield, some lovely quick one-touch football, incisive passing, etc etc. Only problem is, with our wastefulness and inaccuracy we couldn't hit Doolan's rear end at the moment.
We can't attack on 16:38 - Aug 28 with 2235 viewsseasidedale

I know its early days yet but I think tactics are wrong I think we need to go back to 4-4-2 I know we will need to sign a winger (or two) but this I think will be the way forward as using the fullbacks as wingers is leaving us open down the flanks much of the time
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024