Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changes at QPR 10:44 - Sep 13 with 3672 viewsdaveB

Good article from Westlondonsport

http://www.westlondonsport.com/features-comment/explaining-the3-changes-at16-qpr
Changes at QPR on 10:53 - Sep 13 with 3122 viewsQPR_John

But remember the Mitals want out and we will be in administration in a year
Changes at QPR on 10:54 - Sep 13 with 3106 viewsthame_hoops

Very interesting
Changes at QPR on 10:56 - Sep 13 with 3095 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Great read. Thanks Dave.

It does show how poorly our club has been run for may years, but to be positive it gives assurance in Hughes and his team.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Changes at QPR on 10:59 - Sep 13 with 3082 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Cheers, very interesting. Rob Newman! blast from the past.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Changes at QPR on 11:00 - Sep 13 with 3081 viewsthame_hoops

Changes at QPR on 10:56 - Sep 13 by BrianMcCarthy

Great read. Thanks Dave.

It does show how poorly our club has been run for may years, but to be positive it gives assurance in Hughes and his team.

It also shows that the infrastructure is in place even if Hughes leaves us
Changes at QPR on 11:08 - Sep 13 with 3030 viewsElHoop

Changes at QPR on 11:00 - Sep 13 by thame_hoops

That is a very good article. Thanks.
Changes at QPR on 11:17 - Sep 13 with 2992 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Changes at QPR on 11:00 - Sep 13 by thame_hoops

True. Very heartening.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Changes at QPR on 11:21 - Sep 13 with 2974 viewsMildo25

Hard to find anything not to like in that article. We are becoming a very well run club, and with the future in mind too
Login to get fewer ads

Changes at QPR on 11:26 - Sep 13 with 2959 viewsimustbemad

Dave Mc does not hide his contempt for the way the club has been run for many years or the chances of it actually succeeding long term. Although the article offers glimpses of hope I feel what he is actually saying is that the "new" setup is standard and nothing more and if anything else is suggested than it's pure grandstanding from the owners.

I can understand more now why we have struggled for so long.

We are a championship club currently spending and punching well above our weight. For it to succeed long term (and I mean in relative terms) it will take a serious amount of money and even then there is very little chance of that money being recouped, just look at Fulham.

You have to hope TF and co don't start getting bored anytime soon.
Changes at QPR on 11:27 - Sep 13 with 2951 viewsozexile

Changes at QPR on 11:21 - Sep 13 by Mildo25

Hard to find anything not to like in that article. We are becoming a very well run club, and with the future in mind too

All that infrastructure and I bet we still hit the first man with our corners on sat!!
Changes at QPR on 11:36 - Sep 13 with 2925 viewsMildo25

Changes at QPR on 11:27 - Sep 13 by ozexile

All that infrastructure and I bet we still hit the first man with our corners on sat!!

Haha, hopefully Granero will resolve that problem for us!!
Changes at QPR on 12:00 - Sep 13 with 2859 viewsPhildo

Quite a bit of moneyball type stuff going on by the looks of things.

Given the fact he has 'his' people around him it makes Hughes look very secure?
Changes at QPR on 12:15 - Sep 13 with 2802 viewslondonscottish

Changes at QPR on 11:36 - Sep 13 by Mildo25

Haha, hopefully Granero will resolve that problem for us!!

God I hope so....

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Changes at QPR on 12:28 - Sep 13 with 2745 viewsadhoc_qpr

Really not many excuses in the future for a repeat of the Swansea performance!

Changes at QPR on 13:24 - Sep 13 with 2631 viewskingo

Things are certainly changing at grass roots level, but as has been said elsewhere it is because it was/is pretty poor to start with. My youngster is currently on trial for the QPR academy and therefore I go to Harlington and having also been to several other pro clubs and you can see the difference. We have a long way to go to be competeing with CFC, Reading and Watford in terms of facilities but they are expanding the operations and making QPR a more desirable place for your son to be at. As a supporter I obviously know a lot more of what the future holds, but for other parents the facilities for the young ones is pretty basic.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Changes at QPR on 13:47 - Sep 13 with 2542 viewsrobith

That all sounds far too sensible, it must be a cover for building a Death Star or something
Changes at QPR on 13:52 - Sep 13 with 2514 viewsthame_hoops

Changes at QPR on 13:47 - Sep 13 by robith

That all sounds far too sensible, it must be a cover for building a Death Star or something

I hope they change the design of the thermal exhaust port
Changes at QPR on 13:53 - Sep 13 with 2511 viewsLythamR

Changes at QPR on 13:24 - Sep 13 by kingo

Things are certainly changing at grass roots level, but as has been said elsewhere it is because it was/is pretty poor to start with. My youngster is currently on trial for the QPR academy and therefore I go to Harlington and having also been to several other pro clubs and you can see the difference. We have a long way to go to be competeing with CFC, Reading and Watford in terms of facilities but they are expanding the operations and making QPR a more desirable place for your son to be at. As a supporter I obviously know a lot more of what the future holds, but for other parents the facilities for the young ones is pretty basic.

Its a very big step in the right direction, QPR have to play catchup, we are light years behind at the moment due to the previous regimes need/desire to focus on the 1st team to the exlusion of pretty much everything else. Pre paladini regimes were simply desperate to stay afloat, Briatore and co were never going to be around long enough to have any interest in youth and long term development.

For a supporter there is no greater feeling than one of your own young players breaks through to the first team and shines, there has been precious little of this for many years but perhaps we can look forward to our youth development bringing through the next Gallen or Goddard in a few years time
Changes at QPR on 14:14 - Sep 13 with 2445 viewsthemodfather

Changes at QPR on 13:53 - Sep 13 by LythamR

Its a very big step in the right direction, QPR have to play catchup, we are light years behind at the moment due to the previous regimes need/desire to focus on the 1st team to the exlusion of pretty much everything else. Pre paladini regimes were simply desperate to stay afloat, Briatore and co were never going to be around long enough to have any interest in youth and long term development.

For a supporter there is no greater feeling than one of your own young players breaks through to the first team and shines, there has been precious little of this for many years but perhaps we can look forward to our youth development bringing through the next Gallen or Goddard in a few years time

things must be getting better, the SAR has had a lick of paint!
Changes at QPR on 15:57 - Sep 13 with 2296 viewsrobith

Changes at QPR on 13:52 - Sep 13 by thame_hoops

I hope they change the design of the thermal exhaust port

Hughes stands, hands on hips, furiously chewing gum as yet another soft proton torpedo from long range slips through Green's hands, all the while the fans moaning why the oppo are getting their X Wings in behind us so easily
Changes at QPR on 19:50 - Sep 13 with 2134 viewswestolian

Of course, the actual increase in standards / facilities has been introduced by the EPPP (new Academy categorization) and NOT QPR !

QPR had no choice but to implement the new standards otherwise they would have had to go the same way as Wycombe / Crawley / Yeovil

I still think QPR should have had the balls to apply for Cat 1 and "reach for the stars" with the new plans, structure and financial backing. Was this a lack of ambition from the club or the Academy bosses ?

At the moment one of the most improved Academies is at Aldershot Town who are implementating Cat 3 as a minimum but are achieving Cat 1 and 2 in plenty of areas

We still have a 2nd rate vision / implementation plan compared to some lower league clubs - perhaps as they have replaced Steve Gallen as Head of the Academy we might start getting somewhere

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Changes at QPR on 01:03 - Sep 14 with 1936 viewsDylanP

Changes at QPR on 19:50 - Sep 13 by westolian

Of course, the actual increase in standards / facilities has been introduced by the EPPP (new Academy categorization) and NOT QPR !

QPR had no choice but to implement the new standards otherwise they would have had to go the same way as Wycombe / Crawley / Yeovil

I still think QPR should have had the balls to apply for Cat 1 and "reach for the stars" with the new plans, structure and financial backing. Was this a lack of ambition from the club or the Academy bosses ?

At the moment one of the most improved Academies is at Aldershot Town who are implementating Cat 3 as a minimum but are achieving Cat 1 and 2 in plenty of areas

We still have a 2nd rate vision / implementation plan compared to some lower league clubs - perhaps as they have replaced Steve Gallen as Head of the Academy we might start getting somewhere

Talk about 'some people are never happy'!!

First lets get the foundation built before we go tripping over ourselves rushing to the top.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Changes at QPR on 04:46 - Sep 14 with 1904 viewsqprmick

Changes at QPR on 01:03 - Sep 14 by DylanP

First lets get the foundation built before we go tripping over ourselves rushing to the top.

Interesting, attached to that, Baidoo is having a run at Wealdstone, at 26 he has missed the boat. I wonder if he had come along now as a youngster whether things might have been different.

Qprmick

Changes at QPR on 13:45 - Sep 14 with 1765 viewswestolian

Changes at QPR on 01:03 - Sep 14 by DylanP

Extremely happy thanks.

When you have something constructive to add, i still won't be interested.

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Changes at QPR on 15:17 - Sep 14 with 1735 viewsnadera78

Changes at QPR on 19:50 - Sep 13 by westolian

You seem to have misunderstood what's going on. At the moment the club does not have the facilities to apply for Category 1 status. It only has the facilities for Category 2 because the Academy set up has temporarily moved to The Park Club in Acton. When the new complex is built at Warren Farm it will meet the requirements for Category 1 and at that stage the club will apply for an upgrade to Category 1.

By way of contrast both Barnet and Brentford have qualified for Category 2 and neither of them needed to rebuild their training grounds. That shows just how far behind we've fallen over the past 15 years. You should save your anger for the people who splashed out millions on Borrowdale, Hall, etc and refused to spend a penny on our youth set up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024