Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BT Premier League coverage next season 11:20 - Sep 18 with 2501 viewsNorthernr

Will be fronted by Jake Humphrey, the BBC F1 guy. Jumped ship and signed a 4 year deal.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 11:31 - Sep 18 with 1990 viewsTonto

not surprised he's left. BBC's sports portfolio is crumbling again, and now the Olympics are over and theres no F1, and he has no chance of taking over from Lineker on MOTD, its a logical move. the only issue is whether or not BT will go the same way as ESPN or Setanta and he'll be presenting to 3 folk every week.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

BT Premier League coverage next season on 11:57 - Sep 18 with 1906 viewsWokingR

Just read that they have paid an average of £6.5million per game !
BT Premier League coverage next season on 11:58 - Sep 18 with 1896 viewsPhildo

He is actually very good at his job.

The BBC seem to be on a drive to remove the talented and articulate (eg Claire Balding) and retain the overpaid has beens (Lineker,Hansen etc).
BT Premier League coverage next season on 12:07 - Sep 18 with 1853 viewsMildo25

Does anyone know how we will get to subscribe to the BT coverage? Is it an extra package for Sky / Virgin customers? Only for BT Vision / broadband customers? Maybe no-one knows yet as still a fair distance off but just wondering like!!
BT Premier League coverage next season on 12:11 - Sep 18 with 1838 viewsQPR_Jim

BT Premier League coverage next season on 11:58 - Sep 18 by Phildo

He is actually very good at his job.

The BBC seem to be on a drive to remove the talented and articulate (eg Claire Balding) and retain the overpaid has beens (Lineker,Hansen etc).

I've never really warmed to him it must be said. He's ok at his job but I find that his attempts at banter with the likes of Eddie Jordan and David Coulthard are a bit awkward. I just get the impression he probably wasn't much of an F1 fan before he got the job and his main concern is making sure everyone in the paddock likes him.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 12:17 - Sep 18 with 1811 viewsNorthernr

BT Premier League coverage next season on 12:07 - Sep 18 by Mildo25

Does anyone know how we will get to subscribe to the BT coverage? Is it an extra package for Sky / Virgin customers? Only for BT Vision / broadband customers? Maybe no-one knows yet as still a fair distance off but just wondering like!!

Nobody really knows yet. It seems to be accepted that BT will launch a sports channel that will then be available through the Sky and Virgin platforms for an extra subscription as ESPN is. However they're hoarding sports rights to try and boost their share of the three play (people who get phone, broadband and TV from the same provider) market so I'm not sure how having an arrangement with Sky and Virgin will help them with that.

Either way the supporters will lose out. We'll either have to pay an extra monthly subscription on top of what we already pay for Sky, or we'll have to make a choice between Sky Sports and BT Sports and lose the matches that are on the one we reject.

Finishing last as always.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 12:18 - Sep 18 with 1811 viewsdaveB

i think BT are going to have a pay per view sports channel on the sky platform so similar to espn but there was talk of them sharing some games with ITV, not sure if anything came of that though
BT Premier League coverage next season on 12:32 - Sep 18 with 1764 viewsMildo25

BT Premier League coverage next season on 12:17 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Nobody really knows yet. It seems to be accepted that BT will launch a sports channel that will then be available through the Sky and Virgin platforms for an extra subscription as ESPN is. However they're hoarding sports rights to try and boost their share of the three play (people who get phone, broadband and TV from the same provider) market so I'm not sure how having an arrangement with Sky and Virgin will help them with that.

Either way the supporters will lose out. We'll either have to pay an extra monthly subscription on top of what we already pay for Sky, or we'll have to make a choice between Sky Sports and BT Sports and lose the matches that are on the one we reject.

Cheers for the explanation.

Normally more competition leads to better prices for the customers, clearly not for watching football on TV!!! Better start saving my pennies
Login to get fewer ads

BT Premier League coverage next season on 13:16 - Sep 18 with 1642 viewsKonk

I have never subscribed to any TV channel for football - TV money/influence is largely responsible for most of what I hate about modern football. If ticket prices hadn't gone up by 4,000,000% snce the arrival of SKY and the advent of the PL, then maybe I could see some way in which the average match-going punter had benefited, but it's us who have the inconvenience of stupid kick-off times and days. There's more money than ever in football - an insane amount - and yet ticket prices are set at pis s-taking levels and more clubs than ever are financially living on the edge. It's no doubt been fantastic for Liverpool fans living in Dorset, PL footballers and their agents as well as a few dodgy owners, but I don't really give a fu ck about them.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

BT Premier League coverage next season on 13:21 - Sep 18 with 1619 viewsToast_R

He aint done too bad for himself at all, wasnt too long ago he was fronting CBBC.

Wonder which Big BBC Cheese's cousin/nephew/son-in-law he is.

God luck to the fella though.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 13:24 - Sep 18 with 1611 viewsMrSheen

BT were taken to the cleaners by a start-up like Vodafone in mobile, and struggled to make money when there only two players. They then lost a fortune in Global Services to multinational companies. If they made such a mess of businesses close to home, why should anyone think they will succeed as a broadcaster? (and I work for them)

What I find interesting is the implosion of ESPN. As they are owned by Disney, you would imagine they would have deeper pockets than anyone, but they have decided they don't see the value in showing third-or-fourth choice Premier League games and domestic Rugby Union and have walked away.

This Rugby Union dust-up is fascinating. I wonder if we'll get a rerun of the Super League War in Australia, and there will be two rival competitions sponsored by rival networks. You would imagine that it would be in everyone's interest to co-operate, but there are a lot of loss-making clubs that might bite at cash up-front to join a break-away, especially if they thought it was the long-term winner.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 13:26 - Sep 18 with 1604 viewsthame_hoops

He gets on my nerves, He can't go 20 seconds on tv without saying tweet/twitter.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 13:48 - Sep 18 with 1542 viewsHollowayRanger

will have and will never pay for tv apart from the tv licience

stuff your scummy sky and stuff your poxy bt

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

BT Premier League coverage next season on 13:52 - Sep 18 with 1534 viewsMichael_Hunt

"Finishing last as always."

Speak for yourself.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:03 - Sep 18 with 1466 viewsA40Bosh

BT Premier League coverage next season on 13:21 - Sep 18 by Toast_R

He aint done too bad for himself at all, wasnt too long ago he was fronting CBBC.

Wonder which Big BBC Cheese's cousin/nephew/son-in-law he is.

God luck to the fella though.

"But there is another reason to make red-blooded men jealous — he has slept with TV presenter Holly Willoughby at the same time he was going out with his wife-to-be Harriet.

But, before he stands accused of sharing the morals of certain footballers, he’s keen to point out it was all perfectly innocent.

“When I worked in kids’ TV, I worked with Holly on the CBBC coverage of Celebrity Fame Academy in 2003.

"Holly was living in Brighton and never used to stay down there so she stayed at my flat in London while we were working on the show.

“Eventually, it got to the point where we couldn’t be bothered to get the blow-up bed out so for about six months we slept in the same bed.

“Nothing ever happened. I wouldn’t want to say I met my wife too early but I would just say Holly’s worst habit is she sleeps naked — joking, of course,” he laughs.

“Holly’s a good mate but I look back on my time with her and wonder what might have been but I was going out with Harriet at the time and she lived in Leeds.

"She had met Holly so she knew what she looked like and she was fine with it.”"

Yeah, 'course nothing happened son, I got ya!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:08 - Sep 18 with 1441 viewsBazWoT

Just a cuddle

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:11 - Sep 18 with 1431 viewsAunt_Nelly

BT Premier League coverage next season on 13:26 - Sep 18 by thame_hoops

He gets on my nerves, He can't go 20 seconds on tv without saying tweet/twitter.

Yep.

He's just a tall Richard Bacon.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:36 - Sep 18 with 1395 viewsJonDoeman

Can they take Lawrenson on a free transfer?

It Is What It Is !!

BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:48 - Sep 18 with 1366 viewsSuffolkHoop

Is this not the same situation as Virgin who currently offer a package of three to rival Sky's but they also include Sky Sports channels in their TV package? With BT on the scene Virgin and Sky would still have a "three play" as they do currently, and add BT sports channel's in their TV package.

On a side note but sticking with this subject I have recently converted from Sky to Virgin despite years of brand loyalty to Sky. Where I live Virgin offers much faster internet, more TV channels and features with a better box for less than Sky charge.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:56 - Sep 18 with 1347 viewsNorthernr

Yeh be interesting to see how it goes.

Also, if BT are overpaying for everything (which they are) and it doesn't work for them Premier League clubs will find that the £3bn deal they got this time will be substantially less next time. Could result in a similar situation to ITV Digital where clubs budget for one figure then suddenly find out they're getting much less.
BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:58 - Sep 18 with 1341 viewsSuffolkHoop

BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:56 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Yeh be interesting to see how it goes.

Also, if BT are overpaying for everything (which they are) and it doesn't work for them Premier League clubs will find that the £3bn deal they got this time will be substantially less next time. Could result in a similar situation to ITV Digital where clubs budget for one figure then suddenly find out they're getting much less.

Are BT going to be showing the ESPN equivalent of Saturday evening and the occasional midweek fixture?

If so how much more did they pay relative to ESPN?
BT Premier League coverage next season on 16:09 - Sep 18 with 1309 viewsboobishabang

He's from Norwich..............................
BT Premier League coverage next season on 16:13 - Sep 18 with 1294 viewsSuffolkHoop

BT Premier League coverage next season on 16:09 - Sep 18 by boobishabang

He's from Norwich..............................

Do you mean Norwich in Suffolk? Have I missed that information somewhere...
BT Premier League coverage next season on 16:19 - Sep 18 with 1282 viewsboobishabang

BT Premier League coverage next season on 16:13 - Sep 18 by SuffolkHoop

Do you mean Norwich in Suffolk? Have I missed that information somewhere...

"As the host of the BBC’s F1 coverage, Jake gets to spend time in some of the world’s most glamorous locations and with some beautiful pit-lane “bunnies”, so an understanding wife is vital.

Luckily for him, Harriet, 31, to whom he has been happily married for five years, is just that.

The couple met in a nightclub in 1999 in their home town of Norwich when they were teenagers but it took a year before they finally got together"
BT Premier League coverage next season on 16:32 - Sep 18 with 1247 viewsNorthernr

BT Premier League coverage next season on 15:58 - Sep 18 by SuffolkHoop

Are BT going to be showing the ESPN equivalent of Saturday evening and the occasional midweek fixture?

If so how much more did they pay relative to ESPN?

BT have more games than ESPN - 38 - and a number of first picks so they can have Man Utd v Man City, Liverpool v Everton, Spurs v Arsenal and stuff like that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024