Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill 00:22 - Sep 19 with 2143 viewsTTNYear

Did anyone on here catch Hill on BBC Sheffield? I know he can be a bit off the wall sometimes, but he genuinely sounded like he was/is losing it.

Let's hope BBC pop it on their website, odd as fook.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Keith Hill on 00:31 - Sep 19 with 2105 views442Dale

http://v2.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?174447-Keefs-going-mental-with-parach

What was his rant about our pitch?

Edit: seems the pitch reference is from his time at Dale. Stick 'Keith Hill pitch rant' in youtube.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Keith Hill on 00:35 - Sep 19 with 2085 viewsTTNYear

I reckon he is feeling the pressure. His answer to one question (I forget what) was 'I don't care, my dad lives in America so I can go their tomorrow' ( not verbatim) ... Just proper odd... As if he was paving the way for him leaving or being pushed.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Keith Hill on 00:38 - Sep 19 with 2066 viewsphomem

Keith Hill on 00:35 - Sep 19 by TTNYear

I reckon he is feeling the pressure. His answer to one question (I forget what) was 'I don't care, my dad lives in America so I can go their tomorrow' ( not verbatim) ... Just proper odd... As if he was paving the way for him leaving or being pushed.

Maybe flicker is giggle bound and he can't cope without the thought of his right hand man
Keith Hill on 00:42 - Sep 19 with 2046 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill on 00:38 - Sep 19 by phomem

Maybe flicker is giggle bound and he can't cope without the thought of his right hand man

was watching Hillys famous pitch rant on youtube t'other day, brings back memories lol

Life is a game of fate.

Keith Hill on 03:07 - Sep 19 with 1973 viewsDaleFan7

Diddums for him. Out of his depth at Barnsley obviously here just suited him and the level we were at.
Keith Hill on 08:17 - Sep 19 with 1797 viewsDaley_Lama

With Barnsley favourites for the drop, more and more clubs in the Championship with parachute payments given the likes of Swansea and Norwich not doing the yo-yo thing, various clubs such as Notts Forest and Leicester emerging as further play things for jonny foreigners who will chuck millions of pounds at clubs with the express target of Premiership $$$$, I think it's very harsh to say Hilly is out of his depth in the Championship given their start to the campaign.

The disparaging finances between clubs however obviously grates, some will say stuff him, others will say he has a point. Losing Vas Te and Drinkwater last season was the start of the "how can we compete?" speeches.

He gives good copy either way.

Poll: DF in or out

Keith Hill on 08:49 - Sep 19 with 1733 viewselectricblue

Keith Hill on 00:38 - Sep 19 by phomem

Well i heard that bury are hanging on until hillcroft get the chop.
Also morrell at Wrexham turned them down instantly..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Keith Hill on 08:52 - Sep 19 with 1723 viewsfitzochris

Oh dear.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill on 08:58 - Sep 19 with 1704 viewsSuddenLad

If the prospective candidate says 'What is the playing budget' that will be the point at which all interest is lost.

The bucket has a hole in it and it is losing the contents at a rapid rate..........

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill on 09:31 - Sep 19 with 1644 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Keith Hill on 08:17 - Sep 19 by Daley_Lama

With Barnsley favourites for the drop, more and more clubs in the Championship with parachute payments given the likes of Swansea and Norwich not doing the yo-yo thing, various clubs such as Notts Forest and Leicester emerging as further play things for jonny foreigners who will chuck millions of pounds at clubs with the express target of Premiership $$$$, I think it's very harsh to say Hilly is out of his depth in the Championship given their start to the campaign.

The disparaging finances between clubs however obviously grates, some will say stuff him, others will say he has a point. Losing Vas Te and Drinkwater last season was the start of the "how can we compete?" speeches.

When Hill/Flicker decided to leave Rochdale I think many of us were suprised by Barnsley as their choice of new club. One of the reasons for this was that a relatively young and inexperienced manager - Mark Robins - had only just rejected a new contract with them because of budget restraints.
The financial situation at Barnsley must have been bad for a young manager, with no immediate new club to walk into, to just walk. Robins obviously felt that, after finishing 14th or so in his final season, he was on a hiding to nothing by staying and was only going to do his long-term managerial prospects harm. A bit like Hilcroft's situation at Dale.
However, I think we all thought Hill/Flicker had earned at bit more than taking a job that, due to finances, was always going to be extremely difficult. This may explain Flicker's apparent posturing at the time.
They obviously thought, rather bravely, they could replicate what they did at Dale, that is, success on a tight budget.
It's a bit ironic, but, by walking away from the Barnsley challenge, Robins seems to have now got a job with far more potential than Hillcroft have at Barnsley. If, of course, rumours are true that he's about to take over at Coventry.
Anyway, Hill's comments are bound to get little sympathy from both Dale and Barnsley fans. When you read and listen to them you immediately think, 'I'm sorry but you knew what the situation was when you took the job.'

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Keith Hill on 12:54 - Sep 19 with 1465 viewsAlkydale

Ironically if Barnsley had held on to their lead last night and Rotherham there's, Barnsley would have been 7th today and Dale 17th. Maybe the criticisms of the manages would have been reversed too.

It's a fine line sometimes between success and failure.
Keith Hill on 15:04 - Sep 19 with 1317 viewsSuddenLad

Hill has been ridiculed on TalkSport for the comments he made post-match and his whingeing about excessive parachute payments being a reward for failure. He also moaned about the OTT £8 million fee paid for Jordan Rhodes. (I think he probably forgot to mention he had him on loan at Rochdale).

Chris Kamara basically said that 'you know what the rules are before the season starts' and Barnsley's lack of funds isn't Blackburn's problem. Equally if Barnsley had won, Hill would be 'singing a different song'

The message seemed to be 'Shut up and get on with the job you are doing'

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Keith Hill on 17:05 - Sep 19 with 1194 viewsYouTubeDale

Keith Hill on 00:42 - Sep 19 by olympicdale

was watching Hillys famous pitch rant on youtube t'other day, brings back memories lol

Always a Dale legend.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Keith Hill on 17:17 - Sep 19 with 1169 viewsColDale

Keith Hill on 17:05 - Sep 19 by YouTubeDale

Always a Dale legend.

does he only shave on one side of his face?

If it wasn't for his pitch complaints, we wouldn't have the pitch that we have now.
Keith Hill on 18:41 - Sep 19 with 1062 viewsolympicdale

Keith Hill on 08:17 - Sep 19 by Daley_Lama

i do agree with Hills comments of the parachute payments being a reward for failure, without said payments, most of the teams relegated from teh PL would be in administration almost instantly.

The championship is getting tougher every year, and Barnsley are constantly going to be hanging on by their fingertips. They've started better than teams much bigger than themselves, as long as they stay up its a success, that though wont be good enough for a man of Hills ego, I can see him walking other than be pushed.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024