Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This was once a great messageboard. 19:31 - Dec 4 with 10276 viewsrafcjosh

I've not been on here for a very long time & have made my first visit to the site in months. My initial reaction to the countless threads regarding the clubs current predicament in the league lead me to believe that I had accidentally stumbled onto the bury board! I thought I would just let you all know that we are 9th (NINTH!) in League 2, not far short of the play-offs. I think we all would of killed to see Rochdale in this position before the 'Hillcroft Era', I remember a lot of people posting at the end of last season saying we have to be realistic about this season & a top half finish would be a very good place to finish considering our budget and the amount of changes Coleman has had to make. He had to pretty much build a squad from scratch pre-season with very little money, I personally think he hasn't done a bad job so far & yes of course we could do with a few better players in certain positions but until January comes around we're stuck with what we've got I'm afraid.

You all need to wake up and realise that this team is a work in progress & that we don't have the divine right to be walking this league. I'll be there on Saturday & I'll be getting behind the team, I hope I'm not alone.
This was once a great messageboard. on 19:34 - Dec 4 with 5558 viewsRalphs12

This was once a great messageboard. on 19:45 - Dec 4 with 5511 viewsdalenumber2

Great post - 100% agree with that.
This was once a great messageboard. on 20:04 - Dec 4 with 5474 viewssandylaner1

you should post more often
This was once a great messageboard. on 20:22 - Dec 4 with 5448 viewsChaffRAFC

This was once a great messageboard. on 20:04 - Dec 4 by sandylaner1

you should post more often

He shouldn't, he talks shite most of the time!

Anyway, good post sunshine, agree totally!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

This was once a great messageboard. on 20:25 - Dec 4 with 5428 views100569

I`m with you and agree 100% also
This was once a great messageboard. on 20:31 - Dec 4 with 5402 viewsolympicdale

Great post, spot on. Too many on here are over reacting to the extreme, that makes you think there must be a prozac shortage in the town, but in the cold light of day, we're doing fine, and progress is being made.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

This was once a great messageboard. on 20:35 - Dec 4 with 5385 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

I totally agree things could be alot worse we could be Barnet, Aldershot or even Wycombe right now

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

This was once a great messageboard. on 20:39 - Dec 4 with 5358 viewssandylaner1

This was once a great messageboard. on 20:22 - Dec 4 by ChaffRAFC

He shouldn't, he talks shite most of the time!

Anyway, good post sunshine, agree totally!

Login to get fewer ads

This was once a great messageboard. on 20:41 - Dec 4 with 5358 viewsrafc1984

Have to agree 100% with OP. It is a bit dross to watch at times, but we are a WIP. We might be 9th, but if im not mistaken, still above all those that came down with us.
And after last seasons shite, you have to take that as a positive.
Stay under the radar, keep in touch, who knows were we will end up come may!!!
This was once a great messageboard. on 20:48 - Dec 4 with 5336 viewsDoris

To the OP what makes you think january will make a difference to improve "our" squad ? we have no money ( according to coleman on daleplayer alledgedly ) and very little saleable assets,very little crowds to fund it and i can only assume corporate and shop sales will follow crowds .The "directors" full and associate hopefully have full pockets they want to empty to help but i see maybe not seeing our main benefactor in the past few years has already stepped down.
This was once a great messageboard. on 21:01 - Dec 4 with 5313 viewsolympicdale

This was once a great messageboard. on 20:48 - Dec 4 by Doris

To the OP what makes you think january will make a difference to improve "our" squad ? we have no money ( according to coleman on daleplayer alledgedly ) and very little saleable assets,very little crowds to fund it and i can only assume corporate and shop sales will follow crowds .The "directors" full and associate hopefully have full pockets they want to empty to help but i see maybe not seeing our main benefactor in the past few years has already stepped down.

Huh?

Life is a game of fate.

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:04 - Dec 4 with 5309 viewsDoris

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:01 - Dec 4 by olympicdale

Huh?

I personally think he hasn't done a bad job so far & yes of course we could do with a few better players in certain positions but until January comes around we're stuck with what we've got I'm afraid.

an assumption there as something will change ,or is there something else that you dont understand in what i posted,i dont understand the "huh?" what is it regarding ? it just seems a nondescript effort ridiculing a post .
This was once a great messageboard. on 21:47 - Dec 4 with 5248 viewsrafcjosh

Ryan Edwards goes back to Blackburn in January, they'll obviously have someone lined up as a replacement. The squad as a whole isn't as bad as everyone is making out, I'll admit there's been a few questionable performances this season (Saturday included) but the good performances out weigh the bad ones. Give the side chance to gel. Has it not occurred to you that players like Cavanah, Crainey, Putteril, McIntyre etc have been brought in to paper over gaps for a season? Seeing as our budget is allegedly so small.
This was once a great messageboard. on 21:53 - Dec 4 with 5228 viewsDoris

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:47 - Dec 4 by rafcjosh

Ryan Edwards goes back to Blackburn in January, they'll obviously have someone lined up as a replacement. The squad as a whole isn't as bad as everyone is making out, I'll admit there's been a few questionable performances this season (Saturday included) but the good performances out weigh the bad ones. Give the side chance to gel. Has it not occurred to you that players like Cavanah, Crainey, Putteril, McIntyre etc have been brought in to paper over gaps for a season? Seeing as our budget is allegedly so small.

but you were talking about january and not the full season ,you have just posted 1 in 1 out ?? no real money change .No additions??

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:57 - Dec 4 with 5218 viewsolympicdale

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:04 - Dec 4 by Doris

I personally think he hasn't done a bad job so far & yes of course we could do with a few better players in certain positions but until January comes around we're stuck with what we've got I'm afraid.

an assumption there as something will change ,or is there something else that you dont understand in what i posted,i dont understand the "huh?" what is it regarding ? it just seems a nondescript effort ridiculing a post .

Since when have our board ever put loads into the club, we've survived by making the most of what we've got, we wont be going bust if big money isnt put in. 💷

Life is a game of fate.

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:59 - Dec 4 with 5211 viewsDoris

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:57 - Dec 4 by olympicdale

Since when have our board ever put loads into the club, we've survived by making the most of what we've got, we wont be going bust if big money isnt put in. 💷

wasnt long ago our directors were putting 25K in each as a loan to cover our losses .where have you been ?? it was only 5/6 years ago according to andrew kelly.
This was once a great messageboard. on 22:10 - Dec 4 with 5185 viewsrafcjosh

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:53 - Dec 4 by Doris

but you were talking about january and not the full season ,you have just posted 1 in 1 out ?? no real money change .No additions??

I don't know the ins and the outs of the club but no doubt Coleman has informed Dunphy on his preferred transfer targets.
This was once a great messageboard. on 22:12 - Dec 4 with 5180 viewsDoris

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:10 - Dec 4 by rafcjosh

I don't know the ins and the outs of the club but no doubt Coleman has informed Dunphy on his preferred transfer targets.

and the money is coming from ??????????????
This was once a great messageboard. on 22:18 - Dec 4 with 5165 viewsolympicdale

This was once a great messageboard. on 21:59 - Dec 4 by Doris

wasnt long ago our directors were putting 25K in each as a loan to cover our losses .where have you been ?? it was only 5/6 years ago according to andrew kelly.

Yes I know that there were loans given to the club, but I cant see us being in a terrible financial state after the last couple of years, and any losses we may make this year shouldn't hurt us too badly I'd hope.

Life is a game of fate.

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:26 - Dec 4 with 5152 viewsDoris

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:18 - Dec 4 by olympicdale

Yes I know that there were loans given to the club, but I cant see us being in a terrible financial state after the last couple of years, and any losses we may make this year shouldn't hurt us too badly I'd hope.

you HOPE? hope doesnt pay the bills ,do you know the last financial report? do you know when the next one is due ?If not dont post about financial issues .
I have them automatically downloaded as they come online .

i am sure your hope will keep us in the black.
This was once a great messageboard. on 22:28 - Dec 4 with 5147 views442Dale

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:26 - Dec 4 by Doris

you HOPE? hope doesnt pay the bills ,do you know the last financial report? do you know when the next one is due ?If not dont post about financial issues .

Is there something new since the last AGM?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:31 - Dec 4 with 5142 viewsolympicdale

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:26 - Dec 4 by Doris

If you can read properly, you'll see I havent posted ANYTHING specific regarding Dale's finances.

Life is a game of fate.

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:34 - Dec 4 with 5138 viewsDoris

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:28 - Dec 4 by 442Dale

Is there something new since the last AGM?

no idea when that was, so i dont know ,just wish people didnt think money grows on trees and we dont have the financial backing we once did.Kilpatrick has gone as a director and so it seems has his money .The one thing that confuses me is why he keeps upping his shares when he doesnt want to be a director.
This was once a great messageboard. on 23:36 - Dec 4 with 5075 viewscrazyhorse

This was once a great messageboard. on 22:34 - Dec 4 by Doris

no idea when that was, so i dont know ,just wish people didnt think money grows on trees and we dont have the financial backing we once did.Kilpatrick has gone as a director and so it seems has his money .The one thing that confuses me is why he keeps upping his shares when he doesnt want to be a director.

It was great on here..especially in the earlier years, maybe it was the novelty of the internet..probably early 2000..there was a togetheness.. a sharing of mutual footballing shitness but still we felt the need to stick with Dale week in and out and take pleasure from the odd fabulous victory. We really had something to complain about and hoped that one day our time would come, but we could take the p1ss out of ourselves and the team, a weird relationship that kept us coming through the gate and loving the club.

Were missing characters who come on here for a laugh and raise the spirits of the afflicted, we'll never be top tier footballers.
Few of the posters i remember were:
Fat Boy castleton
Frankie B
Halliwell
Col
SouthportCol
Dean
Windy Dale (oohh thats me)
Stig
AlkyDale
Kiwi
Tony Mondeo
Southport COl
Urbans
Widgibob(a Tazbot type?)
Mr Extra
Sandyman

But there were many more..
This was once a great messageboard. on 23:40 - Dec 4 with 5063 views442Dale

This was once a great messageboard. on 23:36 - Dec 4 by crazyhorse

It was great on here..especially in the earlier years, maybe it was the novelty of the internet..probably early 2000..there was a togetheness.. a sharing of mutual footballing shitness but still we felt the need to stick with Dale week in and out and take pleasure from the odd fabulous victory. We really had something to complain about and hoped that one day our time would come, but we could take the p1ss out of ourselves and the team, a weird relationship that kept us coming through the gate and loving the club.

Were missing characters who come on here for a laugh and raise the spirits of the afflicted, we'll never be top tier footballers.
Few of the posters i remember were:
Fat Boy castleton
Frankie B
Halliwell
Col
SouthportCol
Dean
Windy Dale (oohh thats me)
Stig
AlkyDale
Kiwi
Tony Mondeo