Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you dont like it F O O K OFF 00:45 - Dec 9 with 6628 viewsThreeLions

We don't want you . Up the Dale.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 01:17 - Dec 9 with 5073 viewschuckleberry

Pissed again?
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 07:55 - Dec 9 with 5010 viewsDale23years

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 01:17 - Dec 9 by chuckleberry

Pissed again?

Getting brave after a few beers that a first. Why don't you used a plastic fork next.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 09:02 - Dec 9 with 4974 viewsToffeemanc

Has the OP taken up a position on the board because they seem to share a similar attitude?

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 12:41 - Dec 9 with 4887 viewssweetcorn

he's right though. we've been through far worse than this and put up with it for far longer, so why after not even half a season have we given up on coleman, when he exceeding what all of us said we expected at the start.

Rochdale fans have turned into fickle, pathetic tits, just like the rest of the football league, you laugh at other clubs fans, you should look at yourselves.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 12:41 - Dec 9 with 4887 viewsdale10

i only wish coleman and bell would
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 12:47 - Dec 9 with 4864 viewsChaffRAFC

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 12:41 - Dec 9 by sweetcorn

he's right though. we've been through far worse than this and put up with it for far longer, so why after not even half a season have we given up on coleman, when he exceeding what all of us said we expected at the start.

Rochdale fans have turned into fickle, pathetic tits, just like the rest of the football league, you laugh at other clubs fans, you should look at yourselves.

Last point is a very valid one.

There are people I know who actually defended Graham Barrow in the dark days, which were far, far worse than where we are now but are wanting Coleman to be sacked now.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 12:57 - Dec 9 with 4827 viewsThreeLions

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 07:55 - Dec 9 by Dale23years

Getting brave after a few beers that a first. Why don't you used a plastic fork next.

Oh please do shut up.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:00 - Dec 9 with 4809 viewsRAFCBLUE

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 12:47 - Dec 9 by ChaffRAFC

Last point is a very valid one.

There are people I know who actually defended Graham Barrow in the dark days, which were far, far worse than where we are now but are wanting Coleman to be sacked now.

Devil's advocate question Chaff:

"Is the "fickleness" due to having expectations raised by the promotion of 2009/10?"

Graham Barrow had the advantage of coming as a manager who had history of promotion (with Wigan) but didn't get that to work here, predominately by playing a number of his aged former Wigan players.

Most Rochdale fans have now seen the holy grail of promotion, a decent side playing good attacking football with players who conducted themselves well on and off the pitch. Before 2010, we had only a number of supporters (born before 1960) who had seen it.

I do think that people are now benchmarking expectations to the 2009/10 season, which is fair and understandable and actual performance isn't being manifested often enough in club culture, performances and supporter attendance.

1,670 home supporters is poor, even for Rochdale but sums that up. I'd expect a similarly low number on 21st December at home to Cheltenham.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Login to get fewer ads

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:19 - Dec 9 with 4757 viewsChaffRAFC

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:00 - Dec 9 by RAFCBLUE

Devil's advocate question Chaff:

"Is the "fickleness" due to having expectations raised by the promotion of 2009/10?"

Graham Barrow had the advantage of coming as a manager who had history of promotion (with Wigan) but didn't get that to work here, predominately by playing a number of his aged former Wigan players.

Most Rochdale fans have now seen the holy grail of promotion, a decent side playing good attacking football with players who conducted themselves well on and off the pitch. Before 2010, we had only a number of supporters (born before 1960) who had seen it.

I do think that people are now benchmarking expectations to the 2009/10 season, which is fair and understandable and actual performance isn't being manifested often enough in club culture, performances and supporter attendance.

1,670 home supporters is poor, even for Rochdale but sums that up. I'd expect a similarly low number on 21st December at home to Cheltenham.

I agree but are we anywhere worse off than what people were expecting this season? If people think we are then I think they have unrealistic expectations. I said all this last week so I'm not going into it all again.

As for the attendance figures, they are really poor but I don't for a second think that's all because of the performances. A lot of it is because of it's tough to be able to afford to go and people are using the on field performances as an alternative excuse. If people could easily afford to go, they'd put up with the performances we've seen in recent weeks I think.

Maybe (probably not), people will realise just how good a job messrs Hill and Flitcroft did because as a club, we're not all that much bigger than the likes of Accrington in terms of budget and wages etc. We're closer to them than the likes of Wycombe, Bradford, Chesterfield etc and I said as much at the time of Coleman's appointment. I'd argue that sitting mid-table in League 2 is where a club of our side is expected to be. Anything more and we're batting above our average. To put it another way, Graeme Swann, gets a couple of half centuries followed by a century for England with the bat, does everyone then get pi$$ed off when he gets out for less than 25 in his next 10 innings? No.

As I've said, Rochdale fans have been blessed in the last 6 years and are now acting spoilt in my view. Anyone who says that this is as bad as the Barrow/Simpson or Eyre era, in my opinion, are talking nonsense.

Like I said on Facebook, do Coleman and Bell have the ability to turn this around? Yes. Will the fans allow them time to do so? No.

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:26 - Dec 9 with 4737 viewsThreeLions

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:19 - Dec 9 by ChaffRAFC

I agree but are we anywhere worse off than what people were expecting this season? If people think we are then I think they have unrealistic expectations. I said all this last week so I'm not going into it all again.

As for the attendance figures, they are really poor but I don't for a second think that's all because of the performances. A lot of it is because of it's tough to be able to afford to go and people are using the on field performances as an alternative excuse. If people could easily afford to go, they'd put up with the performances we've seen in recent weeks I think.

Maybe (probably not), people will realise just how good a job messrs Hill and Flitcroft did because as a club, we're not all that much bigger than the likes of Accrington in terms of budget and wages etc. We're closer to them than the likes of Wycombe, Bradford, Chesterfield etc and I said as much at the time of Coleman's appointment. I'd argue that sitting mid-table in League 2 is where a club of our side is expected to be. Anything more and we're batting above our average. To put it another way, Graeme Swann, gets a couple of half centuries followed by a century for England with the bat, does everyone then get pi$$ed off when he gets out for less than 25 in his next 10 innings? No.

As I've said, Rochdale fans have been blessed in the last 6 years and are now acting spoilt in my view. Anyone who says that this is as bad as the Barrow/Simpson or Eyre era, in my opinion, are talking nonsense.

Like I said on Facebook, do Coleman and Bell have the ability to turn this around? Yes. Will the fans allow them time to do so? No.

Hear hear chaff
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:28 - Dec 9 with 4725 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Three Lions why don't you take up Coleman's Job in the dugout with all your international experience surely you can spot the next big thing?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:28 - Dec 9 with 4721 viewsdale10

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:26 - Dec 9 by ThreeLions

Hear hear chaff

sorry but they cant turn it around as they prove by keep playing there mates week in week out
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:30 - Dec 9 with 4708 viewsNerazzurri

Here are a few quotes from a match report from an Exeter fan.

"Well what an afternoon the half time score flattered City.

Rochdale had so many chances on target many hit with real venom but everyting went straight to AK who had a good game his kicking and handling were very good.

The second half City were Dire. City were completely dominated in midfield by a good skilful if sometimes overly phyiscal Rochdale who lined up for shooting practice.

3 away points and upward and onward but in Fairness we were very lucky and Rochdale deserved something from this game."

I think our fans are being far too critical of yesterdays performance overall. The defence had an absolute shocker but I was pleased with our effort and commitment to try and get back into the game and going forwards we looked lively. Sort the defence out and we will be fine because we have a good strike force in Gornell and Grant if we can keep them both on the pitch!

Perhaps Coleman should have signed one of his mates as our keeper, maybe we wouldn't have conceded that third goal. Or if he had a mate at RB we wouldn't have conceded the daft foul that led to the first goal or played their guy on for the second. It's not Coleman's 'mates' who are the problem at the minute. It's the young inexperienced centre backs we are playing and a slightly dodgy keeper.

To use a worn out phrase, keep calm and support.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Forza Nerazzurri

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:31 - Dec 9 with 4697 viewsChaffRAFC

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:30 - Dec 9 by Nerazzurri

Here are a few quotes from a match report from an Exeter fan.

"Well what an afternoon the half time score flattered City.

Rochdale had so many chances on target many hit with real venom but everyting went straight to AK who had a good game his kicking and handling were very good.

The second half City were Dire. City were completely dominated in midfield by a good skilful if sometimes overly phyiscal Rochdale who lined up for shooting practice.

3 away points and upward and onward but in Fairness we were very lucky and Rochdale deserved something from this game."

I think our fans are being far too critical of yesterdays performance overall. The defence had an absolute shocker but I was pleased with our effort and commitment to try and get back into the game and going forwards we looked lively. Sort the defence out and we will be fine because we have a good strike force in Gornell and Grant if we can keep them both on the pitch!

Perhaps Coleman should have signed one of his mates as our keeper, maybe we wouldn't have conceded that third goal. Or if he had a mate at RB we wouldn't have conceded the daft foul that led to the first goal or played their guy on for the second. It's not Coleman's 'mates' who are the problem at the minute. It's the young inexperienced centre backs we are playing and a slightly dodgy keeper.

To use a worn out phrase, keep calm and support.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Well said

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:33 - Dec 9 with 4686 viewsTalkingSutty

Its not just the defeats though Chaff, it goes deeper than that. All i have ever expected is to pay my admission money at Spotland and see some sort of entertainment and the game being played in the right way.

Colemans tactics are what is killing our game in this country, its boring to watch and at no stage gets you off your seat. Then factor in the antics of the players, now i aint a prude but some of the lack of discipline shown by the players is bloody embarrasing and to put it bluntly, cheating.

The way Bell in particular conducts himself during games also leaves a lot to be desired and alianates the supporters because thats not what we want to be associated with.

If these sort of antics had us sitting at the top of the table i still wouldnt warm to any of them, i dont like how they go about their business and it reflects very badly on our club.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:35 - Dec 9 with 4681 viewsThreeLions

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:28 - Dec 9 by DaleAwaydayBot

Three Lions why don't you take up Coleman's Job in the dugout with all your international experience surely you can spot the next big thing?

Nope lost me there, what has attending international (albeit crap) matches got to do with spotting the next big thing? Anyway I don't go anymore so that's put that plan out the window
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:36 - Dec 9 with 4675 viewsRalphs12

Well said chaff
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:42 - Dec 9 with 4668 viewsSalwaDale

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:33 - Dec 9 by TalkingSutty

Its not just the defeats though Chaff, it goes deeper than that. All i have ever expected is to pay my admission money at Spotland and see some sort of entertainment and the game being played in the right way.

Colemans tactics are what is killing our game in this country, its boring to watch and at no stage gets you off your seat. Then factor in the antics of the players, now i aint a prude but some of the lack of discipline shown by the players is bloody embarrasing and to put it bluntly, cheating.

The way Bell in particular conducts himself during games also leaves a lot to be desired and alianates the supporters because thats not what we want to be associated with.

If these sort of antics had us sitting at the top of the table i still wouldnt warm to any of them, i dont like how they go about their business and it reflects very badly on our club.

I definitely get where you are coming from and probably agree but we could easily get rid of Coleman and get someone else to improve the discipline but suddenly find we're in a relegation scrap. I can't see Coleman changing the way he manages and sets his teams out so I think this is the way it goes for a while but I do think he is likely to get the defence sorted out.

So the question is, get rid of the man for what is perceived unacceptable standards off the pitch? I still don't know who we could get that would be better.

TBBT

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 14:32 - Dec 9 with 4619 viewsBlameablerope82

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:33 - Dec 9 by TalkingSutty

Fully agreed thats why I dont enjoy watching this team. The big boot tactics the playacting just does not entertain me at all.

I will say I will never stop watching us and can only hope his tactics will change but I know they wont!
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 14:42 - Dec 9 with 4584 views442Dale

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 13:35 - Dec 9 by ThreeLions

Nope lost me there, what has attending international (albeit crap) matches got to do with spotting the next big thing? Anyway I don't go anymore so that's put that plan out the window

Why aren't you going anymore, 3L?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 15:03 - Dec 9 with 4556 viewsThreeLions

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 14:42 - Dec 9 by 442Dale

Why aren't you going anymore, 3L?

Can't afford it, feeling the pinch money wise thesedays.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 15:20 - Dec 9 with 4524 viewsNewMilne

Ok. I will take your advise. Another one bites the dust.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 17:24 - Dec 9 with 4448 viewsBobbyjoe

Were things really worse under Barrow, Simpson and Eyre? What is your evidence? I remember enjoying Stuart's wing-play under Barrow (though omitted from the team too often). I remember enjoying Simpson and McCourt (though omitted from the team too often), 5 FA Cup matches and several cracking games (amongst the dross) under Simpson. Even last season under Eyre we were far from being cast adrift at the bottom in a far, far tougher division. The games I saw were competitive at least. The "support" of the faithful is entirely laudable, saintly even, but for the rest of us football is supposed to be entertaining, not something akin to visiting a sick relative.
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 17:57 - Dec 9 with 4415 viewsROLLER61

You wana change ur ID to ThreeSheep... then we can baabaaaa u from here ...
If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 18:01 - Dec 9 with 4402 viewsThreeLions

If you dont like it F O O K OFF on 17:57 - Dec 9 by ROLLER61

You wana change ur ID to ThreeSheep... then we can baabaaaa u from here ...

Oh go and cry about your parking spot you clown
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024