Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jealousy is such an ugly trait 21:09 - Dec 17 with 6417 viewsQPRDave

Seems we've ruined their weekend, and now everywhere they turn we're there!!!
http://www.cottagecorner.org/forum/index.php?topic=2812.0

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:10 - Dec 17 with 3748 viewsJuzzie

Bitters.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:12 - Dec 17 with 3715 viewsQPRDave

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:10 - Dec 17 by Juzzie

Bitters.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:14 - Dec 17 with 3690 viewskropotkin41

What's the origin of them calling us the Bitters? How long has it been going on?

I think maybe we should embrace it. I quite like a good bitter.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:15 - Dec 17 with 3682 viewskomradkirk

Quaint little Tarquins,bless em.
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:15 - Dec 17 with 3681 viewsRANGERS4EVER

i really do not get them sometimes. They constantly talk about us and call us bitters yet we rarely talk about them and dont really care about them , and they call us bitters! they really are pathetic.

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:20 - Dec 17 with 3648 viewsQPRDave

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:15 - Dec 17 by RANGERS4EVER

i really do not get them sometimes. They constantly talk about us and call us bitters yet we rarely talk about them and dont really care about them , and they call us bitters! they really are pathetic.

Got to show you this too chaps. It appears we were very very fortunate....everyone is saying it ....Did we take it this bad last year??
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2ecc7d621a44c04aa67bbf8
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:21 - Dec 17 with 3627 viewsdaveB

funny how those rows of empty seats in the away end were full when southampton came here last month but when it's Fulham they are not allowed to buy them for some reason. Pitiful but it's nice that we get to them, must have hurt for them to lose to such a tin pot club etc
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:24 - Dec 17 with 3612 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:20 - Dec 17 by QPRDave

Got to show you this too chaps. It appears we were very very fortunate....everyone is saying it ....Did we take it this bad last year??
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=2ecc7d621a44c04aa67bbf8

LOL how can they even say we were really poor ? we were good and they just cannot accept it. We didnt react that badly! when we lost 6-0 we just laughed it off and sand one of my favourite songs of last season
"6-0 down, who gives a f*ck! were QPR and were staying up!"

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Login to get fewer ads

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:25 - Dec 17 with 3606 viewsJuzzie

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:14 - Dec 17 by kropotkin41

What's the origin of them calling us the Bitters? How long has it been going on?

I think maybe we should embrace it. I quite like a good bitter.

From what I understand it goes back to the season they were promoted to the Prem and we got relegated to the 3rd tier.

A few QPR fans in a pub seemed really 'bitter' about the direction they were going in and some other fans on forums were saying the same.

So, because of a few blokes in a pub and the usual internet stuff, ALL our fans are called bitters.

There might also be the time where loads of QPR fans got tickets in the home ends at Craven Cottage. Again, Fulham fans clearly ignoring the fact that THEIR club only allocated QPR a small amount (something like 500 I think) which ended up with QPR fans buying in the home ends. Fulham then did gives us a proper allocation but the tickets had already been bought. So, we are bitter for buying tickets in their end to 'cause trouble', which wasn't the case, it was down to poor allocation by Fulham.

Funny thing is, they've been more bitter towards us the last 18 months and clearly cannot see the irony.

Konk, FFC, JimFFC and Jim (yes, we know you're Fulham)... feel free to correct me on any of this as it was quite a few years ago!
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:38 - Dec 17 with 3528 viewskingo

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:25 - Dec 17 by Juzzie

From what I understand it goes back to the season they were promoted to the Prem and we got relegated to the 3rd tier.

A few QPR fans in a pub seemed really 'bitter' about the direction they were going in and some other fans on forums were saying the same.

So, because of a few blokes in a pub and the usual internet stuff, ALL our fans are called bitters.

There might also be the time where loads of QPR fans got tickets in the home ends at Craven Cottage. Again, Fulham fans clearly ignoring the fact that THEIR club only allocated QPR a small amount (something like 500 I think) which ended up with QPR fans buying in the home ends. Fulham then did gives us a proper allocation but the tickets had already been bought. So, we are bitter for buying tickets in their end to 'cause trouble', which wasn't the case, it was down to poor allocation by Fulham.

Funny thing is, they've been more bitter towards us the last 18 months and clearly cannot see the irony.

Konk, FFC, JimFFC and Jim (yes, we know you're Fulham)... feel free to correct me on any of this as it was quite a few years ago!

You are spot on about the allocation for the game. They only allocated 1000 and so loads went down to FFC and got tickets. Then they realised and gave us the whole end, so we had that and 100s all over the ground.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:39 - Dec 17 with 3525 viewsQPRDave

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:24 - Dec 17 by RANGERS4EVER

LOL how can they even say we were really poor ? we were good and they just cannot accept it. We didnt react that badly! when we lost 6-0 we just laughed it off and sand one of my favourite songs of last season
"6-0 down, who gives a f*ck! were QPR and were staying up!"

Deluded mate...they have been building our games up all season after last year and thought they would stroll it.They kept harping on about this record but if they knew anything they would know up until 83 they had only beaten us once in the league since 1930, and then it was 16 years before we met again and we were on our knees by then.
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:46 - Dec 17 with 3489 viewsRangersw12

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:38 - Dec 17 by kingo

You are spot on about the allocation for the game. They only allocated 1000 and so loads went down to FFC and got tickets. Then they realised and gave us the whole end, so we had that and 100s all over the ground.

That season they experimented giving half the away end to home fans I think a few weeks before they played Charlton and only gave them 2000

We sold out within mins and they then panicked and had to give us the whole end but by that time we had 100's in there end

The year after the ob would only sell us tickets to ST and members and stopped selling them altogether about 5 days before the game
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 22:14 - Dec 17 with 3402 viewsSpiritofGregory

Part of their bitterness is the realisation that we are staying up and have a brighter future. They bang on about beating Newcastle and yet lose to us..... haven't they realised that their win against Newcastle could be down to the fact that Newcastle are very poor at the moment?

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 22:23 - Dec 17 with 3365 viewsqueensparker

It's wierd isn't it. Why are we "the bitters"??

Towards Fulham??? No QPR fan I have ever ever met in 30 years has any strong feelings towards Fulham. They is literally no rivalry from our end. We don't, and have never had, a song about them. They're more like old classmates from school you see every now and then and nod and say hello but don't really think of. You'll find more animosity towards Reading or Brentford from us than Fulham. When they almost won the Europa League I was even cheering them on. When we lost 6-0 to them we just laughed and moved on. I even quite like 'Konk'.

How are we bitter? I haven't read a more bitter, whiny response to a game in years than all this Fulham messageboard stuff.
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 07:13 - Dec 18 with 3144 viewssmegma

In my lifetime of support (73 onwards) we've only played them about a dozen times so therefore there is no rivalry worthy of the name. My Dad/brother/sister are all Fulham so I used to go along as a kid then when Fulham were skint (85-97) I used to go along about 6 times a season. Fulham NEVER ever sung songs about the other two clubs in the borough. Then during the mid 90s , due to circumstances, they 'suddenly' developed a passionate hatred for all things Brentford. I went to a game at Griffin Pk once and the 'bitterness' between the clubs was amazing.I even went to a couple of away games with FFC mates and never heard a word about us or CFC. Between 92-97 I worked at Putney Bridge station and even went to reserve games about 8 times each season.
Then suddenly the shopkeeper turns up and success arrives as do over 20,000 'lifelong' fans who have no memory of the previous 20 years. Then they hit on the idea of 'we hate QPR' all of a sudden. They even nickname CFC 'scum' having played them a similar amount of times to us in the past 20 years. 90% of Fulham fans don't recall games against the Bees or Orient yet claim they 'hate QPR' for historical reasons. Most of them wouldn't recognise Jim Stannard if he stood in front of them .I've had a soft spot for them all my life but it has been wearing thin these past few years with the idiots who claim to be fans of the club. And I bet I've still been to more games than a lot of so called 'lifelong fans'.
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 08:50 - Dec 18 with 3016 viewsMrSheen

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 21:38 - Dec 17 by kingo

I believe that was the first league sell-out at Craven Cottage in 16 years.

I was in the Stevenage Road stand that day for the reasons given above and it was rather horrible. Fulham fans in the paddock below started spitting on Rangers fans who had got into "their" territory from behind a line of stewards, then dozens of Rangers fans jumped up in the seats near me and started climbing down towards them. I felf very sorry for the Hermes-tie wearing dads around me who had no idea where it was all going and were as terrified as their kids. Not anyone's finest hour. And Steiner dived, despite what we all said afterwards.
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 09:09 - Dec 18 with 2972 viewssimmo

When should they have had a penalty?? Did I miss something?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 09:36 - Dec 18 with 2918 viewssmegma

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 09:09 - Dec 18 by simmo

When should they have had a penalty?? Did I miss something?

Possibly when M'bia went up for the header in the box at the Loft end and the ball appeared to hit his hand after it came off his head.
Talking of which, most of those posters are off their heads if they think we were awful. Every report I've read in the press says the opposite.I also witnessed it from my upper loft seat and know they are talking bow locks.
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 09:57 - Dec 18 with 2889 viewssimmo

Ah yes that... It was a bit odd and at the time all the Fulham players appealed. But generally penalties are awarded for handballs when an arm is flailing or in an unnatural position. His were tight into his body so would have been harsh...

Ultimately it would have been a travesty not to have won that game, the better team by miles. I dont know why the forums over there are getting funny, they just got bettered on the day but will be fine overall

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 10:24 - Dec 18 with 2857 viewsKonk

It’s always worth remembering that a lot of the people who use message boards are complete and utter co cks and not necessarily representative of anything other than their own stupidity. If I judged QPR’s support on another site I’ve looked at from time to time, I’d come away with the impression that you were an absolute bunch of plums, rather than the generally balanced and decent lot you get on here. If I looked at pretty much any Fulham forum, I’d probably arrive at the conclusion that our supporters were a bunch of kno bs. We haven’t had a decent board for a few years due to a lack of moderation/registration and people getting the hump and fuc king it all off, so now what you’re generally left with is a load of clueless idiots and WUMs. I don’t post on any Fulham boards and only one of my mates bothers these days.

[SMEGMA] Then suddenly the shopkeeper turns up and success arrives as do over 20,000 'lifelong' fans who have no memory of the previous 20 years. Then they hit on the idea of 'we hate QPR' all of a sudden. They even nickname CFC 'scum' having played them a similar amount of times to us in the past 20 years. 90% of Fulham fans don't recall games against the Bees or Orient yet claim they 'hate QPR' for historical reasons. Most of them wouldn't recognise Jim Stannard if he stood in front of them .I've had a soft spot for them all my life but it has been wearing thin these past few years with the idiots who claim to be fans of the club. And I bet I've still been to more games than a lot of so called 'lifelong fans'.

[KONK] We had two gates over 10,000 (Northampton and Hull) in the 4th division during 96-97, the year before Al Fayed turned-up, with some excellent away support that season, so we were on the way back from our lowest point. Four years later, when we were promoted to the Premier League, I think we averaged about 15,000 — a chunk of that increase was made up of away support, but most of it was people who’d understandably had enough during the darkest years who started to come back regularly, and more local kids came along to watch us. There were also a fair few neutral types looking for a game, but overall, I reckon most of the extra support at that time came from people returning to the fold. I know you lot think you had it tough watching a winning Rangers side in the 3rd for three (?) seasons, but watching Fulham back then was a pretty depressing experience most of the time: permanently on the brink of losing the ground/going under, terrible football at times and the soul-destroying experience of watching all that in an increasingly dilapidated and empty ground. And finishing below Barnet.

We’re now up to 25,000 average — I reckon we probably have as many as 6-7,000 away fans/day-trippers for some games, but look around at our crowd and there are now loads of teenagers and kids who’ve grown-up supporting Fulham, where we missed out on a whole generation whilst we were at our worst, you were doing well, Wimbledon were doing well, Chelsea were winning the odd cup, and even Brentford were doing well. Any given week now, I’d guess we have 15-16,000 fans at the Cottage every week who really care about the result; old school fans and the new generation of local support. We haven’t played Brentford or Orient in the league for 14-15 years — most of the idiots posting bol locks on message boards won’t remember those games; probably because they were about four at the time. Dare say the same is true of you and Luton and your younger fans and Chelsea before your cup game a few years ago.

As for rivalries: Seeing as they play in Fulham, there are plenty of mixed families where people watched both clubs, but I have always heard Chelsea referred to as the “Blue filth” or “filth” — even when we were in the lower divisions, there was always a cheer when they’d lost etc. Hardly worth singing about them when for years we might as well have been playing in another country. We never thought we’d play them in the league again. Brentford: Usually a fair bit of trouble at these games, local derbies and Brentford singing, “Flats on the Cottage” didn’t exactly endear them to us. We always had trouble with Gillingham, and they’re still a club plenty of us would like to see disappear into non-league oblivion. Rangers: most of our support comes from completely different parts of town/suburbia, so unless you’re a Fulham fan living in Hammersmith or W/NW London, you’re unlikely to ever bump into a Rangers fan unless we’re playing you or you work with one. And we play so seldom that you’ve never been on our radar. I’d guess there was complete ambivalence about QPR from 95%+ of our support until a lot of your fans acted like complete tw ats down at our place in ’99.

You might have initially been given only half the full allocation, and that might have been why there were Rangers fans in home sections, but the kn obs who were singing Rangers songs in the Enclosure were looking for trouble, and then when the t wats behind in the seats decided to get involved, it wasn’t just a case of decent blokes trying to watch the game from the wrong section. I’ve sat and stood in home sections over the years when I couldn’t get a ticket and I’ve always been respectful — this lot thought they could take the pis s because it was little old Fulham. I was stood right in the middle of it all (until I gallantly moved aside to let our more excitable element get involved) and your lot were 100% looking for it in the Enclosure. Moody atmosphere in the pubs in Hammersmith before the game where it was all “tinpot club blah, blah, blah" and big groups of Rangers having a dig at little groups of Fulham. After the game there was loads of trouble on Finlay Street and on the way back up to Hammersmith — loads of stories about Fulham fans minding their own business being started on. I know that wasn’t all Rangers fans, but a large minority acted like complete and utter bullying t wats on that day, and most Fulham fans came away thinking that Rangers were a bun ch of cu nts. It only takes a couple of hundred kno b head Stoke/Cardiff fans for you to start thinking of them as an ar sehole’s club and that’s the perception a lot of us developed about Rangers after that game. Hence our more hesitant/timid fans didn’t travel to your place for the next two games whilst we could take 6,000 to Selhurst for a league game (I know that’s not amazing — just using it to illustrate that we had support who were happy to travel, but didn’t fancy any bother with games at LR)

All my lot live in areas with Rangers fans and maybe we just bumped into the WATRB constituency of your support, but for the next few years, we all seemed to be unlucky enough to spend quite a chunk of time listening to Rangers fans explaining to us their revisionist, 1967 as Year Zero version of events, where QPR were part of the footballing aristocracy and Fulham were perennial 4th division strugglers with 200 fans. If you look at almost any thread relating to Fulham on WATRB (and occasionally on here) that’s what we used to get off your lot all the time. I think Bitter sums up the attitude of plenty of Rangers fans a lot of our fans encountered after Al Fayed’s takeover; this perception that we’d bought our way out of the 2nd and 3rd (true), whilst you were unjustly no longer in your rightful position at the top of the pile (people who didn't experience life pre-Jim Gregory) The only other clubs we got any real stick from were Brentford and Gillingham, no-one else seemed that fussed about us.

Any dislike of QPR from Fulham comes from the behaviour of a lot of your fans at the Cottage in ’99, with the sunshine boys, Hughes and Zamora’s, presence at LR not helping either.

This isn’t me having a dig at Rangers — I’m just trying to explain where the “Bitters” thing came from.

PS. Whichever div bothered printing of the “am6iti0n” A4’s, ought to be ashamed of himself, but let’s not forget some of the Rangers tragics who stood there waving their passports at us in the Enclosure in ’99 as though we gave a sh it about whether or not Al Fayed had a British passport.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 10:35 - Dec 18 with 2837 viewstoboboly

Can I just suggest that you never, ver, ever go on to WATRB or talk to anyone that has.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 11:30 - Dec 18 with 2756 viewsJuzzie

I was at that game in '99 (in the away end) and whilst I could feel the tension and certainly the mood from a lot of the QPR fans, after the game I kept my head down as I walked down Finlay Street and just went to my motorbike and rode home. Like the vast majority I'm sure.

Away days always have a different 'feel' than home games and away fans always behave differently then the same club when they play at home.

So whatever actions a chunk of QPR fans had at that game is not representative of all QPR fans, and this is my point. I've had Fulham fans immediately call me 'bitter' directly, and I'm anything but, just because I said "QPR" when they asked who I supported.

A few years earlier during the whole Fulham Park Rangers saga there were plenty of QPR fans, as well as Spurs, West Ham etc, at a game at Craven Cottage. I was on the terrace with my QPR scarf and a bunch of QPR fans walked around the pitch with a banner getting a good reception from the Fulham fans.

Forward wind a few years and for Fulham fans to tar all QPR fans due to the actions of a minority, albeit maybe a few hundred, at ONE game is a bit silly. The fact they still go on about it nearly 15 years later just makes it worse.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 11:35 - Dec 18 with 2745 viewssmegma

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 10:24 - Dec 18 by Konk

It’s always worth remembering that a lot of the people who use message boards are complete and utter co cks and not necessarily representative of anything other than their own stupidity. If I judged QPR’s support on another site I’ve looked at from time to time, I’d come away with the impression that you were an absolute bunch of plums, rather than the generally balanced and decent lot you get on here. If I looked at pretty much any Fulham forum, I’d probably arrive at the conclusion that our supporters were a bunch of kno bs. We haven’t had a decent board for a few years due to a lack of moderation/registration and people getting the hump and fuc king it all off, so now what you’re generally left with is a load of clueless idiots and WUMs. I don’t post on any Fulham boards and only one of my mates bothers these days.

[SMEGMA] Then suddenly the shopkeeper turns up and success arrives as do over 20,000 'lifelong' fans who have no memory of the previous 20 years. Then they hit on the idea of 'we hate QPR' all of a sudden. They even nickname CFC 'scum' having played them a similar amount of times to us in the past 20 years. 90% of Fulham fans don't recall games against the Bees or Orient yet claim they 'hate QPR' for historical reasons. Most of them wouldn't recognise Jim Stannard if he stood in front of them .I've had a soft spot for them all my life but it has been wearing thin these past few years with the idiots who claim to be fans of the club. And I bet I've still been to more games than a lot of so called 'lifelong fans'.

[KONK] We had two gates over 10,000 (Northampton and Hull) in the 4th division during 96-97, the year before Al Fayed turned-up, with some excellent away support that season, so we were on the way back from our lowest point. Four years later, when we were promoted to the Premier League, I think we averaged about 15,000 — a chunk of that increase was made up of away support, but most of it was people who’d understandably had enough during the darkest years who started to come back regularly, and more local kids came along to watch us. There were also a fair few neutral types looking for a game, but overall, I reckon most of the extra support at that time came from people returning to the fold. I know you lot think you had it tough watching a winning Rangers side in the 3rd for three (?) seasons, but watching Fulham back then was a pretty depressing experience most of the time: permanently on the brink of losing the ground/going under, terrible football at times and the soul-destroying experience of watching all that in an increasingly dilapidated and empty ground. And finishing below Barnet.

We’re now up to 25,000 average — I reckon we probably have as many as 6-7,000 away fans/day-trippers for some games, but look around at our crowd and there are now loads of teenagers and kids who’ve grown-up supporting Fulham, where we missed out on a whole generation whilst we were at our worst, you were doing well, Wimbledon were doing well, Chelsea were winning the odd cup, and even Brentford were doing well. Any given week now, I’d guess we have 15-16,000 fans at the Cottage every week who really care about the result; old school fans and the new generation of local support. We haven’t played Brentford or Orient in the league for 14-15 years — most of the idiots posting bol locks on message boards won’t remember those games; probably because they were about four at the time. Dare say the same is true of you and Luton and your younger fans and Chelsea before your cup game a few years ago.

As for rivalries: Seeing as they play in Fulham, there are plenty of mixed families where people watched both clubs, but I have always heard Chelsea referred to as the “Blue filth” or “filth” — even when we were in the lower divisions, there was always a cheer when they’d lost etc. Hardly worth singing about them when for years we might as well have been playing in another country. We never thought we’d play them in the league again. Brentford: Usually a fair bit of trouble at these games, local derbies and Brentford singing, “Flats on the Cottage” didn’t exactly endear them to us. We always had trouble with Gillingham, and they’re still a club plenty of us would like to see disappear into non-league oblivion. Rangers: most of our support comes from completely different parts of town/suburbia, so unless you’re a Fulham fan living in Hammersmith or W/NW London, you’re unlikely to ever bump into a Rangers fan unless we’re playing you or you work with one. And we play so seldom that you’ve never been on our radar. I’d guess there was complete ambivalence about QPR from 95%+ of our support until a lot of your fans acted like complete tw ats down at our place in ’99.

You might have initially been given only half the full allocation, and that might have been why there were Rangers fans in home sections, but the kn obs who were singing Rangers songs in the Enclosure were looking for trouble, and then when the t wats behind in the seats decided to get involved, it wasn’t just a case of decent blokes trying to watch the game from the wrong section. I’ve sat and stood in home sections over the years when I couldn’t get a ticket and I’ve always been respectful — this lot thought they could take the pis s because it was little old Fulham. I was stood right in the middle of it all (until I gallantly moved aside to let our more excitable element get involved) and your lot were 100% looking for it in the Enclosure. Moody atmosphere in the pubs in Hammersmith before the game where it was all “tinpot club blah, blah, blah" and big groups of Rangers having a dig at little groups of Fulham. After the game there was loads of trouble on Finlay Street and on the way back up to Hammersmith — loads of stories about Fulham fans minding their own business being started on. I know that wasn’t all Rangers fans, but a large minority acted like complete and utter bullying t wats on that day, and most Fulham fans came away thinking that Rangers were a bun ch of cu nts. It only takes a couple of hundred kno b head Stoke/Cardiff fans for you to start thinking of them as an ar sehole’s club and that’s the perception a lot of us developed about Rangers after that game. Hence our more hesitant/timid fans didn’t travel to your place for the next two games whilst we could take 6,000 to Selhurst for a league game (I know that’s not amazing — just using it to illustrate that we had support who were happy to travel, but didn’t fancy any bother with games at LR)

All my lot live in areas with Rangers fans and maybe we just bumped into the WATRB constituency of your support, but for the next few years, we all seemed to be unlucky enough to spend quite a chunk of time listening to Rangers fans explaining to us their revisionist, 1967 as Year Zero version of events, where QPR were part of the footballing aristocracy and Fulham were perennial 4th division strugglers with 200 fans. If you look at almost any thread relating to Fulham on WATRB (and occasionally on here) that’s what we used to get off your lot all the time. I think Bitter sums up the attitude of plenty of Rangers fans a lot of our fans encountered after Al Fayed’s takeover; this perception that we’d bought our way out of the 2nd and 3rd (true), whilst you were unjustly no longer in your rightful position at the top of the pile (people who didn't experience life pre-Jim Gregory) The only other clubs we got any real stick from were Brentford and Gillingham, no-one else seemed that fussed about us.

Any dislike of QPR from Fulham comes from the behaviour of a lot of your fans at the Cottage in ’99, with the sunshine boys, Hughes and Zamora’s, presence at LR not helping either.

This isn’t me having a dig at Rangers — I’m just trying to explain where the “Bitters” thing came from.

PS. Whichever div bothered printing of the “am6iti0n” A4’s, ought to be ashamed of himself, but let’s not forget some of the Rangers tragics who stood there waving their passports at us in the Enclosure in ’99 as though we gave a sh it about whether or not Al Fayed had a British passport.

Well said and points taken. I sat in the Riverside for both games all those years ago, once with my brother and once on my jack.Got no grief even though locals knew I was an away fan, I wasn't 'larging it' either. After, I stayed in the ground drinking with both sets of fans while we could hear sirens outside. Some of the stories I heard were embarrassing.
Your explanation for the 'bitters' comment makes a bit more sense now.
Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 11:44 - Dec 18 with 2725 viewsKonk

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 11:30 - Dec 18 by Juzzie

I was at that game in '99 (in the away end) and whilst I could feel the tension and certainly the mood from a lot of the QPR fans, after the game I kept my head down as I walked down Finlay Street and just went to my motorbike and rode home. Like the vast majority I'm sure.

Away days always have a different 'feel' than home games and away fans always behave differently then the same club when they play at home.

So whatever actions a chunk of QPR fans had at that game is not representative of all QPR fans, and this is my point. I've had Fulham fans immediately call me 'bitter' directly, and I'm anything but, just because I said "QPR" when they asked who I supported.

A few years earlier during the whole Fulham Park Rangers saga there were plenty of QPR fans, as well as Spurs, West Ham etc, at a game at Craven Cottage. I was on the terrace with my QPR scarf and a bunch of QPR fans walked around the pitch with a banner getting a good reception from the Fulham fans.

Forward wind a few years and for Fulham fans to tar all QPR fans due to the actions of a minority, albeit maybe a few hundred, at ONE game is a bit silly. The fact they still go on about it nearly 15 years later just makes it worse.

I know what you're saying Juzzie, but that's a normal reaction for most people isn't it? You tend to remember the 200 idiots rather than the majority. Same as message boards - a few t wats can put you right off a club. And there was certainly an element of your wider support that seemed to give it plenty of "you all shi t yourselves of coming to the Bush" and revel in some bizarre vision of yourselves as some sort of Millwall. We see it all the time with the boring stuff about our support all being posh chaps afraid to leave Richmond for a day in W12.

I know that most QPR fans are no different to fans of Fulham, Brentford, Preston or Crewe, but having people act up does tend to colour your view of them. I know what you're saying about FPR - never heard a bad word from Rangers about Fulham around Hammersmith on a Saturday until that game in '99, when a chunk of your support thought it'd be good to cause trouble and come over all Chelsea.

As for "Bitters" - not relevant now, but I think it's stuck. Just like we get all the Rupert and Tarquin stick.

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 11:55 - Dec 18 with 1329 viewsKonk

Jealousy is such an ugly trait on 11:35 - Dec 18 by smegma

Well said and points taken. I sat in the Riverside for both games all those years ago, once with my brother and once on my jack.Got no grief even though locals knew I was an away fan, I wasn't 'larging it' either. After, I stayed in the ground drinking with both sets of fans while we could hear sirens outside. Some of the stories I heard were embarrassing.
Your explanation for the 'bitters' comment makes a bit more sense now.

You have to go out of your way to get trouble down at Fulham. It seems to embarrass our escort/bubble crew - but I think most of us like the fact that we're a pretty tolerant, friendly bunch who can behave ourselves at the football and on a day on the pop. One of the reasons why we always come near the top of polls of people's favourite away days.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024