Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Root Cause Analysis 15:04 - Jan 6 with 1227 viewsNinco

Which do you feel is the most true statement about the current squad?

a) The players we have are adequate but they just need to be managed and coached better.
b) The players we have are not good enough and nor are the coaching staff.
c) The manager knows what he's doing but needs better players.
d) The management and playing squad are fine and it will come together in time for the end of the season.
e) We are doomed even if we replace the manager/players.
Root Cause Analysis on 15:09 - Jan 6 with 1203 viewsColDale

away from home, we are more than good enough. Our away form is 6th best in the division, and we have beaten some of the division's best in doing so. That tells me that we have sufficient quality within the squad, and there is no question with regards to effort.

At home, those same players are habitually losing to sides that are inferior to us. I don't believe the players try harder away than at home, and I don't believe there's any added pressure at home to the extent that it affects performances.

Put simply, the tactics at home do not work, and trying harder at those very same tactics will not bring about a change in results. Furthermore, scouts will by now have identified a way of beating us at Spotland. We are playing into their hands.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Root Cause Analysis on 15:10 - Jan 6 with 1196 viewsBlueDutch

a = b+

upthedale.nl

Root Cause Analysis on 15:44 - Jan 6 with 1145 viewsDaleFan7

b) Minus Bennet, Grant, Grimes, Kennedy and Tutte.
Root Cause Analysis on 15:49 - Jan 6 with 1132 viewssweetcorn

Root Cause Analysis on 15:44 - Jan 6 by DaleFan7

b) Minus Bennet, Grant, Grimes, Kennedy and Tutte.

Bennet's poor form has been just as much to blame for our poor form as anything else, how come he is immune to criticism?

Is it because he's our cash cow. Give me a break

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Root Cause Analysis on 16:35 - Jan 6 with 1074 viewsDaleFan7

Root Cause Analysis on 15:49 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

Bennet's poor form has been just as much to blame for our poor form as anything else, how come he is immune to criticism?

Is it because he's our cash cow. Give me a break

He's a good defender in an extremely bad defence! It's going to make him look worse some games. He can't play in all 4 positions can he? The rest of our defence is terrible and not top half of league 2 standard.
Root Cause Analysis on 16:38 - Jan 6 with 1062 viewssweetcorn

Root Cause Analysis on 16:35 - Jan 6 by DaleFan7

He's a good defender in an extremely bad defence! It's going to make him look worse some games. He can't play in all 4 positions can he? The rest of our defence is terrible and not top half of league 2 standard.

Bennet has personally been to blame for more than his fair share of goals this season, but of course that is the rest of the defences fault for being so poor, my mistake. At this point Phil Edwards is a better choice at centre half than rhys bennet, I accept rhys is young, therefore a decent prospect, but to suggest he is superior to the rest of our defence is a little DILUTED.

Root Cause Analysis on 16:45 - Jan 6 with 1044 viewsDaleFan7

Root Cause Analysis on 16:38 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

Bennet has personally been to blame for more than his fair share of goals this season, but of course that is the rest of the defences fault for being so poor, my mistake. At this point Phil Edwards is a better choice at centre half than rhys bennet, I accept rhys is young, therefore a decent prospect, but to suggest he is superior to the rest of our defence is a little DILUTED.

In your opinion? Bennet has been one of the best players on the pitch for us this season, he's made far less mistakes than other defenders and Lillis too for that matter. Without him we'd concede more goals than we already are doing. In MY opinion.
Root Cause Analysis on 16:56 - Jan 6 with 1024 viewssweetcorn

Root Cause Analysis on 16:45 - Jan 6 by DaleFan7

In your opinion? Bennet has been one of the best players on the pitch for us this season, he's made far less mistakes than other defenders and Lillis too for that matter. Without him we'd concede more goals than we already are doing. In MY opinion.

I'd agree if talking about bennets initial spell in the team, for the first 4/5 games he looked like a fine young centre half. However since then he has been caught out of position on many occasions, lacked confidence and looked a shadow of the player when he started out for dale.

It's also no coincidence that when reading other teams messageboards to see how our team have been percieved by there fans that bennet's name has appeared as being our poorest a few times and his name even got a couple of mentions on the football forums worst player in league two section. So to suggest everything is rosey with rhys is slight over exag. Yes he's a good young prospect, but still has alot of improvement to make.

Login to get fewer ads

Root Cause Analysis on 17:06 - Jan 6 with 996 viewsDaleFan7

Root Cause Analysis on 16:56 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

I'd agree if talking about bennets initial spell in the team, for the first 4/5 games he looked like a fine young centre half. However since then he has been caught out of position on many occasions, lacked confidence and looked a shadow of the player when he started out for dale.

It's also no coincidence that when reading other teams messageboards to see how our team have been percieved by there fans that bennet's name has appeared as being our poorest a few times and his name even got a couple of mentions on the football forums worst player in league two section. So to suggest everything is rosey with rhys is slight over exag. Yes he's a good young prospect, but still has alot of improvement to make.

I don't think everything is rosy and he does make mistakes, as does everyone but for me he is our best defender. A fairly good young defender, in an extremely terrible defence. Edwards is okay, Rafferty, McIntyre and Person are all not good enough.
Root Cause Analysis on 17:15 - Jan 6 with 978 viewssweetcorn

Root Cause Analysis on 17:06 - Jan 6 by DaleFan7

I don't think everything is rosy and he does make mistakes, as does everyone but for me he is our best defender. A fairly good young defender, in an extremely terrible defence. Edwards is okay, Rafferty, McIntyre and Person are all not good enough.

Agree about McIntyre and Pearson, McIntyre started well, but has slowly turned into our worst player and pearson hasn't shown anything. Rafferty could go either way, he started well and has shown glimpses of a great player, he's only a kid and is starting out in the football league, think he'll be good enough one day. Can Rochdale afford to waste a wage on a player who isn't quite ready, but has alot of potential? i'm not sure.

Root Cause Analysis on 17:17 - Jan 6 with 974 viewsDaleFan7

Root Cause Analysis on 17:15 - Jan 6 by sweetcorn

Agree about McIntyre and Pearson, McIntyre started well, but has slowly turned into our worst player and pearson hasn't shown anything. Rafferty could go either way, he started well and has shown glimpses of a great player, he's only a kid and is starting out in the football league, think he'll be good enough one day. Can Rochdale afford to waste a wage on a player who isn't quite ready, but has alot of potential? i'm not sure.

I think we have to at the moment because we don't have the money to go and sign replacements and pay him to be here too. I think if he sorts out the silly side of his game like getting sent off unnecessarily last year and stopped just diving in at someone when they run at him either taking them out or leaving our right hand side completely exposed, then yes he could turn out okay.
Root Cause Analysis on 17:52 - Jan 6 with 934 viewsBeechball

Root Cause Analysis on 17:17 - Jan 6 by DaleFan7

I think we have to at the moment because we don't have the money to go and sign replacements and pay him to be here too. I think if he sorts out the silly side of his game like getting sent off unnecessarily last year and stopped just diving in at someone when they run at him either taking them out or leaving our right hand side completely exposed, then yes he could turn out okay.

Rafferty and Pearson are low-cost youngsters always an unknown quantity . They can turn out useful like Holness or Higginbottom or fall away like Dairylea or Scott Warner. The problem is that one or the other is having to play every week because the guy signed to be right back can't play there anymore and has been found a place in midfield.
We don't have a single reliable defender at the club - Phil Edwards is mediocre squad ballast at best - and an erratic keeper. That's Coleman's biggest failing.
Root Cause Analysis on 18:27 - Jan 6 with 889 viewsD_Alien

Root Cause Analysis on 17:52 - Jan 6 by Beechball

Rafferty and Pearson are low-cost youngsters always an unknown quantity . They can turn out useful like Holness or Higginbottom or fall away like Dairylea or Scott Warner. The problem is that one or the other is having to play every week because the guy signed to be right back can't play there anymore and has been found a place in midfield.
We don't have a single reliable defender at the club - Phil Edwards is mediocre squad ballast at best - and an erratic keeper. That's Coleman's biggest failing.

The one thing I expected as a given when Coleman came on board was a sound defence. On that basis rested much of my enthusiasm and support for his appointment.

Its the first thing any new manager has to sort out, and build from there.

Twelve months, and counting...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Root Cause Analysis on 18:32 - Jan 6 with 874 viewsjasp67

One of the biggest failings yesterday was that we did not play to our strengths and were guilty of playing to theirs. Wimbledon were one of the worst footballing teams I have seem, but they were big and strong and kept the game compact. We play good attractive football that requires outlets from our crisp passing at pace.

When they had a goal kick all 20 outfield players were within a 30 yard square box. At some point we should have made the pitch long and wide by moving at least one or two players out of this box. After the kick was taken and we won the ball back we were then having to run 30 yards to get into position so we could pass the ball around them. Had we done this we would have ruined their game plan. Also this game cried out for Dele, a couple of days earlier we were bullied by a big Rotherham team. I thought we may have learned our lesson from that game. Seeing Dele warm up at half time had me thinking that he would be on after 55 minutes or so. We saw what a difference he made, hopefully we can learn from this game and turn it around again. Up the Dale.
Root Cause Analysis on 20:11 - Jan 6 with 808 viewsfrenzied

very average team ,has mid table league 2 stamped all over it,workmanlike at best,

Play far too narrow,the idea of the back 4 bringing the ball out of defence is laughable...they aint good enough to do it ,then to see Grant receiving the ball with his back to goal just 5 yards in their half was expecting far too much of him.
No point in changing the manager ,we simply lack any real talent on the pitch which is good enough to get us into the top 7 .
Colemans verbal interaction with the main stand moaners is unprofessional reflecting behaviors previously seen on the jeremy kyle show..it just wont do ..

Write this season off now ..we aint going anywhere
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024