Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets 17:51 - Jan 24 with 3494 views442Dale

Got a game tomorrow? Apparently asked for volunteers to go down and clear the pitch and the floodlights are on as we speak.

Yep, v Saints
http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article.php?id=10308
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets on 17:54 - Jan 24 with 2221 viewsDySporting

They'll be lucky
Hornets on 17:57 - Jan 24 with 2187 views442Dale

"The pitch will be marked in the afternoon as well as the posts going up and, even if snow falls again, the pitch is expected to be playable."

And playing a friendly in the snow will help a pitch that has been under the covers/snow for ten days?

Hornets on 18:11 - Jan 24 with 2154 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets on 17:57 - Jan 24 by 442Dale

"The pitch will be marked in the afternoon as well as the posts going up and, even if snow falls again, the pitch is expected to be playable."

And playing a friendly in the snow will help a pitch that has been under the covers/snow for ten days?

Can you imagine the state of the pitch if it's played on tomorrow night? I am led to believe that they still have not got up to date with their rent also.....Hilly will look at the pitch and be rightly peed off........

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hornets on 18:30 - Jan 24 with 2107 viewsClivert

FFS.
Hornets on 18:34 - Jan 24 with 2094 viewsrafc1984

Fookin parasites
Hornets on 18:47 - Jan 24 with 2050 viewsBartRowou

Coleman should be thankful he's been spared all this nonsense.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hornets on 18:50 - Jan 24 with 2041 viewsDiddyDave

Hornets on 18:34 - Jan 24 by rafc1984

Fookin parasites

How do you f*ckin know? Are you privy to all the financial goings on?
Hornets on 18:57 - Jan 24 with 2018 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets on 18:50 - Jan 24 by DiddyDave

Pretty much yeah.....

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on 19:02 - Jan 24 with 2002 viewsDiddyDave

Hornets on 18:57 - Jan 24 by MoonyDale

Pretty much yeah.....

Pray tell then.
Hornets on 19:03 - Jan 24 with 1999 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets on 19:02 - Jan 24 by DiddyDave

Pray tell then.

Tell what? how I know or what I know?

Hornets on 19:14 - Jan 24 with 1977 views442Dale

What I can't understand is what has changed since 25% of the pitch was frozen last week? Temperatures haven't got high enough for it to thaw and there has been a fresh snowfall too.

This should have meant the Hornets game had no chance, were they not advised of this by the groundstaff earlier in the week?

Hornets on 19:16 - Jan 24 with 1964 viewsMoonyDale

Hornets on 19:14 - Jan 24 by 442Dale

What I can't understand is what has changed since 25% of the pitch was frozen last week? Temperatures haven't got high enough for it to thaw and there has been a fresh snowfall too.

This should have meant the Hornets game had no chance, were they not advised of this by the groundstaff earlier in the week?

When it comes to the egg chasers they do pretty much what they want, when they want. They get the benefit of our covers and churn up a cold wet pitch, it amazes me why anyone would be surprised by this....

Hornets on 19:18 - Jan 24 with 1953 viewsrafc1984

Hornets on 18:50 - Jan 24 by DiddyDave

Well I know what ive read and heard over the years. And with gates of around 300, it does'nt take a genius to work out that something has got to give somewhere. (Generally the rent.) Hairnets should have been booted out of Spotland years ago. They've given there shares to the RFL or whoever, for a loan they have blown, and have zero chance of paying back, and they expect RAFC to pick up the tab, when they are potless, and from what I can gather, they have no shame about it either.

The above is pretty much the dictionary definition of a parasite.

On a side note, I know for a fact that Mayfield/Rochdale town would'nt welcome them.
Hornets on 19:20 - Jan 24 with 1951 views442Dale

Hornets on 19:16 - Jan 24 by MoonyDale

When it comes to the egg chasers they do pretty much what they want, when they want. They get the benefit of our covers and churn up a cold wet pitch, it amazes me why anyone would be surprised by this....

But the groundsman is well within his rights to say "it won't be fit". Was a decision made by the Stadium Company to allow use of the floodlights last week and again tonight? If so, why?

Hornets on 19:24 - Jan 24 with 1935 viewsDiddyDave

Hornets on 19:03 - Jan 24 by MoonyDale

Tell what? how I know or what I know?

Think you know nowt like the rest of the Hornets haters on here. They have as much right to play at Spotland as Dale do,but will be lucky to play ten or so games in 2013 and if the Saints friendly survives the weather,probably won`t play another home game for weeks. As I asked on here some months ago,do both clubs pay per game,or are they supposed to pay an equal amount no matter how many times they play? I`m sure you`ll agree the former is fairest,so with Hornets not having played a game since,I think,the Barrow game in August,how do you reckon they`re in arrears?
Hornets on 19:29 - Jan 24 with 1911 viewsRAFC1907

Hornets on 19:24 - Jan 24 by DiddyDave

Think you know nowt like the rest of the Hornets haters on here. They have as much right to play at Spotland as Dale do,but will be lucky to play ten or so games in 2013 and if the Saints friendly survives the weather,probably won`t play another home game for weeks. As I asked on here some months ago,do both clubs pay per game,or are they supposed to pay an equal amount no matter how many times they play? I`m sure you`ll agree the former is fairest,so with Hornets not having played a game since,I think,the Barrow game in August,how do you reckon they`re in arrears?

Are you dave Butterworth?

The once ground safety officer sacked for stealing? and Rochdale Sawnits biggest fan of all time?

If not stop talking crap like him.

Poll: Bottomley...

Hornets on 19:31 - Jan 24 with 1906 views442Dale

Hornets are tenants, Dale own part of the ground. There need be no comparison between what the two clubs pay. Presumably Hornets agree a fee with the Stadium Company and it has absolutely nothing to do with Dale.

Anyway, maybe the groundstaff are happy reading the link below. Presumably the pitch will not be affected and we have to trust their judgment, because any problems encountered would be a consequence of that decision.
http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article.php?id=10282

Hornets on 19:31 - Jan 24 with 1904 viewsrafc1984

Hornets on 19:29 - Jan 24 by RAFC1907

The once ground safety officer sacked for stealing? and Rochdale Sawnits biggest fan of all time?

This
Hornets on 19:33 - Jan 24 with 1897 viewsMoonyDale

Oh I know plenty my egg chasing chum, hornets rent is per match played spread in equal payments throughout they year. Both during the season and beyond it. Hornets couldn't even pay their way through their normal season and were at one point saved once again by the RFL making an eleventh hour payment, a rather large amount it was also. Now we go into the close season and instead of making payments they use the old well we ain't playing at the moment so we shouldn't have to pay.......Oh yes you do have to pay as your payments are structured throughout the year.......You don't even have a set of posts ffs, they have been loaned to you while you try to use every trick in the book to get the SC to fund you a new set. This is after you played games with unsafe posts last season, condemned by the councils own safety team.....I have much much more info if you ever want to hear it, although as a Hornets fan your head will be buried o far up your own arse you wouldn't believe any of it anyway.

Hornets on 20:06 - Jan 24 with 1834 viewsBlueDutch

Hornets on 19:33 - Jan 24 by MoonyDale

Oh I know plenty my egg chasing chum, hornets rent is per match played spread in equal payments throughout they year. Both during the season and beyond it. Hornets couldn't even pay their way through their normal season and were at one point saved once again by the RFL making an eleventh hour payment, a rather large amount it was also. Now we go into the close season and instead of making payments they use the old well we ain't playing at the moment so we shouldn't have to pay.......Oh yes you do have to pay as your payments are structured throughout the year.......You don't even have a set of posts ffs, they have been loaned to you while you try to use every trick in the book to get the SC to fund you a new set. This is after you played games with unsafe posts last season, condemned by the councils own safety team.....I have much much more info if you ever want to hear it, although as a Hornets fan your head will be buried o far up your own arse you wouldn't believe any of it anyway.

The silence is deafening!

upthedale.nl

Hornets on 20:52 - Jan 24 with 1770 viewsrod_leach

Apparently the Hornets are aiming to play on Sunday if they can't tomorrow. That's Sunday when heavy rain is due...
Hornets on 20:55 - Jan 24 with 1764 views442Dale

Hornets on 20:52 - Jan 24 by rod_leach

Apparently the Hornets are aiming to play on Sunday if they can't tomorrow. That's Sunday when heavy rain is due...

Can see no reason why the groundsman can't be interviewed to give us an update on the pitch and how it won't be affected by a Hornets friendly.

How can a game be rearranged, by anyone, without first getting permission from the Stadium Company?

Hornets on 21:03 - Jan 24 with 1749 viewsdownunder

Hornets on 19:29 - Jan 24 by RAFC1907

Very unlikely they are the same Dave. Diddy Dave lives in Australia and...Oh hang on a minute!
Hornets on 21:05 - Jan 24 with 1739 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I enjoy my rugby league and am pleased the town can boast Hornets. It's good to hear something else in the national news other than paedos and unemployment when Rochdale gets a mention.

Hornets live hand to mouth as the football club does. Hornets have suffered under previous regimes as the football club has. Their situation is markedly worse than our own at present but we're not quite affluent at RAFC.

I bet if we were on the breadline the FA wouldn't bail us out like the RFL bails Hornets. How would Dale and the Council bridge the gap if Hornets left or went bust? (Open question...I've no idea)

We both enjoy our local teams in a town where apathy is the overriding feeling towards local sport. Whilst rugby and football on the same pitch is far from ideal the two clubs and their fans should not be at odds.

There but for the grace of Allah we could go the same way as Hornets.

Hornets on 21:12 - Jan 24 with 1721 views442Dale

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/chairman-mark-wynn-has

Would rather they played tomorrow than Sunday.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024