Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Reg Jenkins Stand 17:17 - Jan 30 with 7492 viewsHarry_Dale

Obviously today's news is very sad indeed and all our thoughts are with the Jenkins family.

I personally feel it would be a fitting tribute to the Dale Legend to have a stand at Spotland named in his honour. He is one of our greatest heroes!

Now I know the club would maybe feel they're losing out on potential revenue - but I'd happily help to contribute, and I'm sure if all fans would, we wouldn't be too far off? Maybe even a trust thing?

A true Dale legend, he needs remembering!

Up the Dale!

Edit: Just seen others mentioning it on RIP thread!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 17:20 - Jan 30 with 5911 viewsphomem

Agree
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 17:22 - Jan 30 with 5885 viewsdale_spotland

Aye, I don't know the ins and outs of this stuff moneywise etc but if it's possible i feel this has to be done.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 17:31 - Jan 30 with 5861 views_dezzy

Or chage studs to the rsg jenkins bar, no loss of sponser

KHBA

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 17:32 - Jan 30 with 5857 viewsolympicdale

That would be brilliant, a fitting tribute there forever, but would the club have that much forethought to make it happen.

Life is a game of fate.

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 17:49 - Jan 30 with 5824 viewsrafc1984

It would be a fitting tribute to a Dale legend.

There should also be no loss of revenue, as whoever sponsors said stand, would sponsor the Reg Jenkins stand.
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 17:52 - Jan 30 with 5814 viewsolympicdale

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 17:31 - Jan 30 by _dezzy

Or chage studs to the rsg jenkins bar, no loss of sponser

not sure thats as fitting, he wasn't a piss 'ead.

Life is a game of fate.

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 18:03 - Jan 30 with 5782 viewsfermin

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 17:52 - Jan 30 by olympicdale

not sure thats as fitting, he wasn't a piss 'ead.

No, but he and some of his teammates were drinking in a curry house till dawn after the centenary dinner!
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 19:02 - Jan 30 with 5688 viewsVespaDale

The bare minimum the club should do... Throughout our history there are probably only a handful of men that kept us going, Reg certainly falls into that category.

RIP big man, never to be forgotten!!!
Login to get fewer ads

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 19:06 - Jan 30 with 5683 viewsMoonyDale

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 19:02 - Jan 30 by VespaDale

The bare minimum the club should do... Throughout our history there are probably only a handful of men that kept us going, Reg certainly falls into that category.

RIP big man, never to be forgotten!!!

As Judd said on the other thread, name the whole stadium after him.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 19:12 - Jan 30 with 5668 viewsBlueDutch

A stand in honour of the greatest player ever to pull on a Dale shirt, would be very fitting. If not possible then perhaps the fans could all contribute to a statue similar to the ones at MU and Leeds, paying tribute to their legends. I am sure Reg posed when firing in one of his rocket shots would be suitable. It is how I will always remember him. At 74 which is quite young in this day and age, it is a bit of a shock and very saddening to many here and in Devon and Cornwall.

A true great and a gentleman who played the game the way everyone should play. Hard but honest and fair. Never will a greater legend wear the shirt of Rochdale AFC.

Sincere condolences to his family.

upthedale.nl

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 19:23 - Jan 30 with 5633 views49thseason

Do it Mr Dunphy - just do it!
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 23:49 - Jan 30 with 5487 viewspioneer

To be fair to CD the club are only part owners of the ground through the Stadium company.

It doesn't all rest on CD but it is up to him and his board colleagues to push for this to happen.

No doubt the egg chasers (without any ownership interest) will then want a stand named after one of theirs!
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 00:46 - Jan 31 with 5456 viewsBirchy915

I want a statue!
The iconic Bobby Moore statue at New Wembley is imposing for foreign teams yet comforting to us, it's like the person is there in spirit, immortalised and visible to the younger generations.
I think it's important that kids can see that statue and know that even small clubs like Rochdale have their legends, It's even more important right now at a time when people seem so apathetic and causeless, it could be something to rally behind.
RIP Reg.

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 07:50 - Jan 31 with 5410 viewsStatzdale

The ideas for a permanent tribute to Reg are brilliant ones , my personal choice would be renaming Spotland as "The Reg Jenkins Memorial Stadium". Its a pity its too late to put something in the programme for Saturday. Let the fans decide with a poll in the programme , with a text poll similar to the one to decide the fans MOM

If the decision for a statue is deemed the winner , maybe the fans could contribute to the cost by getting the buckets out. Im sure there would be a lot of money given
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 08:04 - Jan 31 with 5398 viewsAtThePeake

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 00:46 - Jan 31 by Birchy915

I want a statue!
The iconic Bobby Moore statue at New Wembley is imposing for foreign teams yet comforting to us, it's like the person is there in spirit, immortalised and visible to the younger generations.
I think it's important that kids can see that statue and know that even small clubs like Rochdale have their legends, It's even more important right now at a time when people seem so apathetic and causeless, it could be something to rally behind.
RIP Reg.

As much as I'd love to see this, they are incredibly expensive.

Tangled up in blue.

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 08:31 - Jan 31 with 5382 viewselectricblue

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 19:06 - Jan 30 by MoonyDale

As Judd said on the other thread, name the whole stadium after him.

Im all for spotland( terrible name) to be changed into the reg jenkins stadium.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 11:21 - Jan 31 with 5294 viewsdingdangblue

Another fitting tribute further down the line is if the club could produce a t-shirt. Iconic photo of Reg whacking the ball on the front, No.10 and Reg or Jenkins on the back. Half or all profits to go to a charity of Reg's family's choice.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 12:06 - Jan 31 with 5257 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 23:49 - Jan 30 by pioneer

To be fair to CD the club are only part owners of the ground through the Stadium company.

It doesn't all rest on CD but it is up to him and his board colleagues to push for this to happen.

No doubt the egg chasers (without any ownership interest) will then want a stand named after one of theirs!

.......and RMBC as an interested party, will want the Car Park named after Cyril Smith etc etc
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 13:02 - Jan 31 with 5193 viewsdalenumber2

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 08:04 - Jan 31 by AtThePeake

Yep you are talking thousands and thousands
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 13:12 - Jan 31 with 5171 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

I think naming a bar is more fitting, with a picture on the wall of the great man himself where Dale fans can congregate, drink and make merry.

A stand in the ground...not sure it has the same impact.
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 13:26 - Jan 31 with 5147 viewsMoonyDale

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 13:12 - Jan 31 by Albert_Whitehurst

I think naming a bar is more fitting, with a picture on the wall of the great man himself where Dale fans can congregate, drink and make merry.

A stand in the ground...not sure it has the same impact.

That's good for those who go in the bar before the games, but for those who don't? it's a statue or the stadium for me...I know they are a fortune to commission but I think we could raise the funds if needed..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 14:06 - Jan 31 with 5097 viewsBirchy915

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 08:04 - Jan 31 by AtThePeake

How much do you think? Surely we could have a long term fund-raiser for it?

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 15:08 - Jan 31 with 5072 viewsbarryroch

Why not both ? Statue and naming bar / stand after Reg. The club could do the latter and the fans do the statue.
The Reg Jenkins Stand on 15:19 - Jan 31 with 5051 viewsdingdangblue

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 14:06 - Jan 31 by Birchy915

After a bit of research - Brian Clough's statue at Notts Forest cost £70,000. Now whether that's the norm I'm not sure but you wouldn't want to do it on the cheap and it look shit.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 15:40 - Jan 31 with 5037 viewsAtThePeake

The Reg Jenkins Stand on 14:06 - Jan 31 by Birchy915

50-100k I reckon.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024