Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Harry was to walk.... 08:44 - Feb 11 with 6104 viewsGloucs_R

If Harry was to walk at the end of the season and we went down. Who would you want to take over? Adkins? Coyle? Di Matteo? Poyet? Robinson?

I didnt think he would walk but the more I watch his body language, them more I think he will.

Poll: Are we staying up?

If Harry was to walk.... on 17:48 - Feb 11 with 955 viewsCiderwithRsie

If Harry was to walk.... on 16:51 - Feb 11 by BklynRanger

His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI would be my choice - available on a free.

Then we'd really find out if there's a god or not.

Just my thought. And he can bring in Chris Huhne as his assistant
If Harry was to walk.... on 19:17 - Feb 11 with 913 viewsJigsore

If Harry was to walk.... on 10:30 - Feb 11 by PeterHucker

got to be either

or

Peter Reid is extraordinarily ape-like

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

If Harry was to walk.... on 19:24 - Feb 11 with 911 viewssoupandhoop

the pope
If Harry was to walk.... on 19:27 - Feb 11 with 909 viewssoupandhoop

If Harry was to walk.... on 14:55 - Feb 11 by PeterHucker

this is the man we need to sort things out.

bosseyed
If Harry was to walk.... on 19:31 - Feb 11 with 906 viewsbosh67

If we go down Harry will go sadly. So I would like to see Karl Robinson or Nigel Adkins. Personally I think Karl Robinson is a brilliant young coach and perfectly suited to us.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

If Harry was to walk.... on 20:55 - Feb 11 with 883 viewsElHoop

If Harry was to walk.... on 19:31 - Feb 11 by bosh67

If we go down Harry will go sadly. So I would like to see Karl Robinson or Nigel Adkins. Personally I think Karl Robinson is a brilliant young coach and perfectly suited to us.

I've never got this Karl Robinson thing. On what basis is he any good?

They didn't have to be very good to beat us, which is just as well because they're not very good.
If Harry was to walk.... on 22:31 - Feb 11 with 849 viewsMatch82

We've got bigger problems than the manager - I'm all for appointing someone with a long-term philosophy, build from the bottom up etc, but we need to commit to that.

I have a feeling that whoever comes in the board and fans are going to expect us to bounce back up. It's difficult to try and win immediately while also building for the future, so we have to pick one of the two approaches if we want to be successful.

If we want the "build for the future approach" I'd go for a young hungry manager like Robinson, or even Ainsworth. If we want the "win now" approach and try and get back up to the Prem at first time of asking, I'd try someone like Coyle.

Mind you I never wanted Warnock and thought Hughes was a good appointment, so what do I know...
If Harry was to walk.... on 09:14 - Feb 12 with 815 viewsnadera78

We don't just need a manager though, we need a change in culture and that goes for the manager and all his staff as well as the senior positions within the club. Look at West Brom, manager goes but the club carries on. That's because they have a guiding ethos, a structure that the club is built around. We sack someone, pay off his mates, and then bring in someone new and employ all of his buddies too. Then we sack them and repeat the process.

Then again, we all know they'll just appoint the most famous person they can find, without a proper application and interview process, and give him a wedge of cash to spend on famous-but-unsuitable players.
Login to get fewer ads

If Harry was to walk.... on 09:20 - Feb 12 with 812 viewsadhoc_qpr

If Harry was to walk.... on 09:14 - Feb 12 by nadera78

We don't just need a manager though, we need a change in culture and that goes for the manager and all his staff as well as the senior positions within the club. Look at West Brom, manager goes but the club carries on. That's because they have a guiding ethos, a structure that the club is built around. We sack someone, pay off his mates, and then bring in someone new and employ all of his buddies too. Then we sack them and repeat the process.

Then again, we all know they'll just appoint the most famous person they can find, without a proper application and interview process, and give him a wedge of cash to spend on famous-but-unsuitable players.

Surely they won't do that third time around?

We need TF and cronies to stay on to support the club from the mess we're in, but we also need them to sit down, analyse their mistakes and look at how successful clubs like WBA, Swansea etc operate and try to replicate that.

If Harry was to walk.... on 09:36 - Feb 12 with 804 viewsnadera78

If Harry was to walk.... on 09:20 - Feb 12 by adhoc_qpr

Surely they won't do that third time around?

We need TF and cronies to stay on to support the club from the mess we're in, but we also need them to sit down, analyse their mistakes and look at how successful clubs like WBA, Swansea etc operate and try to replicate that.

It would be nice to think that they'll take that approach but pound to a penny they'll convince themselves that we can be Newcastle 2009/10 rather than QPR 1996/97. There's a slim chance it might even work in that we could be promoted in one or two years, but then we'll simply find ourselves back in the PL and still without a firm structure or ethos.

I'm afraid, as much as I like TF's spirit and enthusiasm, I don't hold out much hope of him and his fellow shareholders changing their approach.
If Harry was to walk.... on 09:40 - Feb 12 with 801 viewsCiderwithRsie

If Harry was to walk.... on 09:14 - Feb 12 by nadera78

Agree with that and Match 82 above.

Everyone will hope we go straight back up because of the financial rewards and increasing closed shop of the Premiership. Plus we've spent three seasons either in the Premiership or looking good for promotion to it, so its hard to write the thing off for years ahead, especially after the length of time we were down last time. I bet that'll be the owners' approach given the money they've thrown at the club.

But Tango and Cash never even pretended to be looking beyond turning the club into a Premiership side and then selling. In hindsight its clear what a massive gap that left in terms of the structure needed for survival and growth, which Fernandes has tried to fill by throwing money.

I still say that if he'd been able to take over with a full close season ahead of him we might have been able to build in a more sensible planned way. We've been panic buying form the word go and can't get out of the pattern. Even the managers have been chosen as "proven Premiership managers" instead of up-and-comers who want to build a reputation
If Harry was to walk.... on 09:44 - Feb 12 with 799 viewsWeaverQPR

We need someone at board level with some football knowledge, Beard and TF just do what they are told by the manager

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024