Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Words fail me 21:31 - Feb 15 with 9906 viewsbaroniser

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/127/council-watch/77840/bbc-observ
Words fail me on 12:40 - Feb 17 with 1887 viewsjudd

Words fail me on 12:39 - Feb 17 by TTNYear

Heightism is as bad as being a nazi ataf!

If that's the case then ICH BIN EIN BERLINER.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Words fail me on 13:14 - Feb 17 with 1845 viewsBirchy915

People who jump up and shout racism worry me just as much as the racists, In this situation the racists have been quick to attack the Muslim community and the "Anti-racists" have been quick to jump up and defend it.
Both of you have ignored the original point of this thread, there IS a problem within our Council, there is a clear and blatant bias being shown towards the Muslim population of Rochdale and this must be addressed!
It's not right that a man should be able to do whatever he pleases, regardless of law or anything else simply because he has a councillor that is willing to let him do it for no reason other than the fact that they share a Religion, Heritage, Family Member or Skin colour!
Everyone should be treated equally in the eyes of the law, minority groups do not need extra help, helping them just separates them from the rest of society and enables ghetto's to exist, this town needs opportunity for all and not handouts for the few!
If anyone disagrees with me, you'd better leave the country because that's how Democracy works and I'm sure that many of my friends in the Asian community would agree, special treatment breeds resentment and intolerance!

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Words fail me on 13:54 - Feb 17 with 1822 viewsnewall

Watched last,Night on catch up, total joke of a planning committee.
Totally biased towards the muslim applicants, have noticed that 9 out of 10 planning applications with an asain sounding name get passed, yet loads of other applications for planning seem to get refused, look into that and make your own mind up.
but did anyone notice that our local MP Simon Numbnuts has changed sex or was his name card just there in case he got back off a jolly to make the meeting, one total joke of an MP and also a Council.
Might change my name to Hussain or something similar when I need any work done to improve my house......total joke just like the Town.
Words fail me on 15:00 - Feb 17 with 1781 viewsborodale4

Words fail me on 12:04 - Feb 17 by nordenblue

Wondered quite how long it would take someone to jump in feet first with silly little reciprocated quotations, first of all oh wise one my ex partner of 9 years isn't English and having played football for a team in Colne for years i was the only "white"(if im allowed to call myself that) player in the starting 11,hardly the antics of a racist,even you could agree?My statements and opinions are based on exactly what I've seen having grown up in the town for 35 years and got sod all to do with colour,race religion its a matter of fact that certain sectors of the town and society in general do not and will not integrate or take on many of THIS COUNTRIES beliefs and general standards of behaviour, there are many English white people who similarly fall into this category i quite agree but believe what you like and keep your idealistic opinions of the town and how its perfect people behave,you'll find yourself sat all alone in a town that quite simply will NEVER recover

Rochdale has been a hole throughout time. Not much has changed and it never will. Choose where you live. The council is ineffective and bent, always has been (Cyril Smith cover up etc). Oh and dont mention the war ;)
Words fail me on 15:35 - Feb 17 with 1764 viewsSuddenLad

Words fail me on 15:00 - Feb 17 by borodale4

Rochdale has been a hole throughout time. Not much has changed and it never will. Choose where you live. The council is ineffective and bent, always has been (Cyril Smith cover up etc). Oh and dont mention the war ;)

"Rochdale has been a hole throughout time" ???

With that embarrassing and ignorant comment you reveal your complete lack of knowledge of the town and its' history.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Words fail me on 15:42 - Feb 17 with 1752 viewsborodale4

Words fail me on 15:35 - Feb 17 by SuddenLad

"Rochdale has been a hole throughout time" ???

With that embarrassing and ignorant comment you reveal your complete lack of knowledge of the town and its' history.

Name me a period in time where Rochdale has prospered above and beyond that of the national average?
Words fail me on 16:04 - Feb 17 with 1738 viewsTTNYear

Words fail me on 15:42 - Feb 17 by borodale4

Name me a period in time where Rochdale has prospered above and beyond that of the national average?

The industrial revolution years... Do I get a prize?

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Words fail me on 16:07 - Feb 17 with 1735 viewsborodale4

Words fail me on 16:04 - Feb 17 by TTNYear

The industrial revolution years... Do I get a prize?

As did the majority of the north of England......but its most certainly all been downill since then.
Login to get fewer ads

Words fail me on 16:11 - Feb 17 with 1729 viewsD_Alien

Words fail me on 15:42 - Feb 17 by borodale4

Such an idiotic question - linking not being a "hole" with being more prosperous than some vague statistical average which in fact couldn't ever be demonstrated in real terms - proves just what the genuine people who enjoy living in Rochdale are up against.

Does somewhere like Borrowdale in the Lake District (to pick a random example close to your username) have to be a more prosperous place than the national average to be worth living in? Is that how you define worthiness? Absolutely pathetic!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Words fail me on 16:13 - Feb 17 with 1718 viewsborodale4

Not at all......however, to make the suggestion that it is only 'recently' (since the influx of Asians) that Rochdale has gone downhill is ridiculous. For the record, I live in Rochdale, I choose too, I love it. Nowhere is perfect, it is what you make it. However, to suggest that all what is wrong with Rochdale is down to 'immgrants' and all the problems they bring is afar worse crime than trying to use a vague and unproveable national statistic to prove a point.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Words fail me on 16:20 - Feb 17 with 1698 viewsphomem

I blame tazzy
Words fail me on 16:24 - Feb 17 with 1693 viewsDale57

Words fail me on 16:13 - Feb 17 by borodale4

Not at all......however, to make the suggestion that it is only 'recently' (since the influx of Asians) that Rochdale has gone downhill is ridiculous. For the record, I live in Rochdale, I choose too, I love it. Nowhere is perfect, it is what you make it. However, to suggest that all what is wrong with Rochdale is down to 'immgrants' and all the problems they bring is afar worse crime than trying to use a vague and unproveable national statistic to prove a point.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Now now folks.Lets all just agree that the council and MP's over the years have let the town down badly and they are to blame.Asians etc etc are just scapegoats when in reallity its the powers that be who are the ones who should recieve the wrath of the people.Alas they dont listen and dont give a flying F thus enciting racial hatred.
Words fail me on 21:51 - Feb 17 with 1588 viewsDorsetDale

But you replied to someone telling their truth and I'm confident that Dale57 believes what he says.
What exactly are you going to " do .... about it"?

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Words fail me on 00:18 - Feb 18 with 1532 viewsDale57

We did do something about it.We did one because we got sold out cos folk didnt want to know about the people who's parents/granparents etc fought in 2 World wars to help make a future for the ENGLISH people in Rochdale.Sold out completely by low life,back hand taking scum.There is a saying....What goes around comes around".
Words fail me on 00:26 - Feb 18 with 1527 viewsSuddenLad

Words fail me on 00:18 - Feb 18 by Dale57

We did do something about it.We did one because we got sold out cos folk didnt want to know about the people who's parents/granparents etc fought in 2 World wars to help make a future for the ENGLISH people in Rochdale.Sold out completely by low life,back hand taking scum.There is a saying....What goes around comes around".

Using that avatar alongside your comments is deeply disturbing....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Words fail me on 00:28 - Feb 18 with 1458 viewsKenBoon

I'm happy to be corrected on this, but the great times of the industrial revolution weren't felt by the common man right? The rich were very rich, the mill workers had basic lives and pollution was high. Hardly sounds like boom time.
Words fail me on 00:36 - Feb 18 with 1456 viewsDale57

Will be interesting to see what happens from January 2014 when the doors are flung open to Romanians and Bulgarians.Not good times ahead me thinks.
Words fail me on 00:38 - Feb 18 with 1454 viewsDale57

Words fail me on 00:26 - Feb 18 by SuddenLad

Using that avatar alongside your comments is deeply disturbing....

Why's that LOL...My comments are based on fact thats all.
Words fail me on 00:43 - Feb 18 with 1452 viewsDale57

Wonderful people of Rochdale maybe ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2279972/Anjem-Choudary-Hate-preacher-poc
Words fail me on 09:00 - Feb 18 with 1414 viewsjudd

Hands up how many people who have objected to immigrants have emigrated?

Words fail me on 09:19 - Feb 18 with 1400 viewsJumeirahDale

Words fail me on 09:00 - Feb 18 by judd

Hands up how many people who have objected to immigrants have emigrated?

Arf.

Build a big wall around Rochdale. Nobody in, nobody out. Easy.
Words fail me on 09:21 - Feb 18 with 1395 views442Dale

Words fail me on 09:19 - Feb 18 by JumeirahDale

Arf.

Build a big wall around Rochdale. Nobody in, nobody out. Easy.

How do we get to Barnet?

More importantly, what about Halifax's fixture pile-up?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Words fail me on 09:31 - Feb 18 with 1388 viewsjudd

Words fail me on 09:21 - Feb 18 by 442Dale

How do we get to Barnet?

More importantly, what about Halifax's fixture pile-up?

You would know how to get to Barnet if Tazzy were allowed back on here.

Tsk.

Words fail me on 09:41 - Feb 18 with 1374 viewsTVOS1907

Words fail me on 09:31 - Feb 18 by judd

You would know how to get to Barnet if Tazzy were allowed back on here.

Tsk.

We'd end up at Northampton Egg-Chasing Club, tbf.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Words fail me on 09:44 - Feb 18 with 1421 viewsjudd

Words fail me on 09:41 - Feb 18 by TVOS1907

We'd end up at Northampton Egg-Chasing Club, tbf.

Only if you used the Northampton instructions, tbf.

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024