Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polite Request.... 21:44 - Mar 9 with 2598 viewsmikehunt

.... to a few lads in the Sandy. Please stop shouting p1ss-taking comments at the players. I suspect they come on this site because of some of the things they say. Remember the players can hear most things shouted by the crowd. Shouting get so-and-so off and get Cav on (and the rest) might be funny to you but I bet the player doesn't get it.
Put your efforts into shouting encouragement at the players - probably more beneficial to the team and me and my mates won't have to cringe every time you shout something crass.
And if you don't think the players can hear, did anyone witness how upset young Logan got during the Accy match? People were shouting, "you're crap number 26 - eff off". He didn't seem to realise they were shouting at the Accy 26 but 26 was Joel's number. Well, that was my take on the incident.
Anyway, there I've said it. Must be the onset of old age, this having a grumble lark.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Polite Request.... on 22:20 - Mar 9 with 2482 viewsmizfit

Lighten up soft lad
Or a grow a pair and tell them to their faces if it annoys u
Keyboard warrior?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Polite Request.... on 22:57 - Mar 9 with 2363 viewsGhanaDale

I agree with these sentiments, there a group of men in their 40's/50's at the back of the Sandy in the middle who unfortunately stand next to me who find it utterly hilarious to make the same jokes every match about Donnelly, Thompson and a few others, but loudly so the players can hear.

To be honest, it's boring, really boring. It's not supportive and the majority of people think it's pretty embarrassing.

And to the one guy who goes on and on about Donnelly being his hero because apparently 'he's as shit as you were at football' We get it, you don't have to shout the same joke 20 times every single match, I get earache the amount of times you shout it down my earhole.

www.facebook.com/projectaura

Polite Request.... on 23:06 - Mar 9 with 2340 viewsNotClingers

Sandy is full of mongs. Stupid comments (if said in jest) are mostly fine in my opinion.

It's the people who shout shyte and fully believe the drivel that's coming out of their mouths.

Some of the older section at the back of Sandy act like spoilt brats at times. I've never seen so much excitement over the offering of a hard boiled sweet.

Abuse isn't a problem either as long as it's justified/not too excessive. If a player cries off then it's their problem and they're probably in the wrong job.

Polite Request.... on 23:18 - Mar 9 with 2307 viewsTomRAFC

the sandy has always been this way since i started going in the early 90's. very brash and full of gallows humour and that's why i go in there (although i have been an exile daley in the north east since 2008 i get back when i can).

while i completely understand this is not everyones cup of tea it is not something in the least bit new or something that is likely to change.

as far as players being bothered i can remember many players visibly laughing, giving the thumbs up and clapping the comments coming from the sandy (neil edwards and nathan stanton stick in my head as being good sports about this).

i recall very few ever having been visibly upset or annoyed by comments from the crowd (like the time someone told matt gilks to get his kicking sorted).

banter like this has been part of football for more than half a century and can be found on every terrace.

i appreciate the jokes can be repetitive and what some people see as being in poor taste but with it comes a sense of community which is a large part of what being a football fan is about to many fans.

i would also hasten to add that some of the group in question are some of the most diehard daleys you could ever wish to meet.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Polite Request.... on 23:34 - Mar 9 with 2271 viewsDomDale

At the Accy game I heard the same group of Middle aged blokes in the Sandy shout "4rk off to Rovrum Ashley Grimes yer shite" about 15-20 times. I've been in the Sandy for a few years but never known it so negative, goes past the usual "banter" sometimes and becomes downright abuse towards our team.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Polite Request.... on 00:28 - Mar 10 with 2204 viewsKenBoon

Polite Request.... on 23:18 - Mar 9 by TomRAFC

the sandy has always been this way since i started going in the early 90's. very brash and full of gallows humour and that's why i go in there (although i have been an exile daley in the north east since 2008 i get back when i can).

while i completely understand this is not everyones cup of tea it is not something in the least bit new or something that is likely to change.

as far as players being bothered i can remember many players visibly laughing, giving the thumbs up and clapping the comments coming from the sandy (neil edwards and nathan stanton stick in my head as being good sports about this).

i recall very few ever having been visibly upset or annoyed by comments from the crowd (like the time someone told matt gilks to get his kicking sorted).

banter like this has been part of football for more than half a century and can be found on every terrace.

i appreciate the jokes can be repetitive and what some people see as being in poor taste but with it comes a sense of community which is a large part of what being a football fan is about to many fans.

i would also hasten to add that some of the group in question are some of the most diehard daleys you could ever wish to meet.

See. Smashin' Banter. Great Bunch of Lads.
Polite Request.... on 05:16 - Mar 10 with 2093 viewssweetcorn

Mikehunt. the words DEAL WITH IT. spring to mind.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Polite Request.... on 05:22 - Mar 10 with 2089 viewssweetcorn

GET CAV ON NAOOOOWWWWWW.

REF YOU'RE A COWARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

DOGSHIT, GET HIM OFFFFFFF NAOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

GET HOWARTH ON NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I enjoy the young lads banter. Yes i stand near them.

Login to get fewer ads

Polite Request.... on 09:41 - Mar 10 with 1916 viewspnc4eva1

Yes I do laugh at the skill of some players, but not overly loud.

Yes I do tell people why I laugh at player's.

No I don't boo the team.

No I don't shout get off at players.

No I don't shout for the managers head.

Yes I can understand people being fed up of others (me included)

As some are offended then yes I will curb my sarcasm.

However the so called 'middle aged' in the Sandy could throw similar accusations at the 'twenties' fans. Fans around the ground have a right to their opinions and how they air them. A polite and quiet word with people rather than on line can also be a better way to try and stop something that offends you.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Polite Request.... on 09:47 - Mar 10 with 1906 viewsmikehunt

Polite Request.... on 05:16 - Mar 10 by sweetcorn

Mikehunt. the words DEAL WITH IT. spring to mind.

This is my way of dealing with it. I am not a confrontational type. The comments were amusing at first but week in week out?!
I know the lads are proper Dale fans by some of the sensible stuff I've overheard them say but like I say I don't think the players will get it. Maybe they can go and stand with the singers and see if they can persuade them to join them in amusing chants of Dogshit Get him off?

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Polite Request.... on 10:23 - Mar 10 with 1840 viewsmizfit

Polite Request.... on 09:47 - Mar 10 by mikehunt

This is my way of dealing with it. I am not a confrontational type. The comments were amusing at first but week in week out?!
I know the lads are proper Dale fans by some of the sensible stuff I've overheard them say but like I say I don't think the players will get it. Maybe they can go and stand with the singers and see if they can persuade them to join them in amusing chants of Dogshit Get him off?

If they read this that'll probably just encourage them
Polite Request.... on 10:24 - Mar 10 with 1838 viewsSandyman

Everyone in our small but loyal fan base supports the team and/or vents their feelings in different ways. Some sing, some don't. Some criticise, some praise, some say nowt. Some have a laugh with their mates, some keep to themselves. etc etc. I'd wager that it's no different at any other club. That's football.
Polite Request.... on 10:54 - Mar 10 with 1775 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I don't go to football anymore because of this.

Instead, I go to 'expressive dancing' in Shoreditch. Men aren't allowed because their historic oppressive tendencies mean that the dances are inhibited. I get in by disguising myself as Janice Street Porter and make a contribution towards the environment or sommat. Anyway, there was a brilliant dance yesterday where a woman did a post-modern piece expressing the pain inflicted on them by men via child birth. Half way through the dance, Crisanda (it's not her real name - I think its Barbara) comes on and sprays organic tomato sauce over the dancer's writhing body to represent after-birth and poverty or sommat. It was very moving, I nearly dropped my fennel and elderflower tea when the dancer started wailing - which the Norwegians and Japanese should ban by the way.

The thing that did ruin it a bit was the fact that the dance was supposed to be done to a KD Lang track, but she forgot the CD and had to do it to Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by Timmy Mallet.

Do you know how many copies of The Guardian it takes to mop up a whole bottle of organic tomato sauce?

Seven or three Sunday Observers.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Polite Request.... on 11:27 - Mar 10 with 1713 views442Dale

Polite Request.... on 10:54 - Mar 10 by BigDaveMyCock

Instead, I go to 'expressive dancing' in Shoreditch. Men aren't allowed because their historic oppressive tendencies mean that the dances are inhibited. I get in by disguising myself as Janice Street Porter and make a contribution towards the environment or sommat. Anyway, there was a brilliant dance yesterday where a woman did a post-modern piece expressing the pain inflicted on them by men via child birth. Half way through the dance, Crisanda (it's not her real name - I think its Barbara) comes on and sprays organic tomato sauce over the dancer's writhing body to represent after-birth and poverty or sommat. It was very moving, I nearly dropped my fennel and elderflower tea when the dancer started wailing - which the Norwegians and Japanese should ban by the way.

The thing that did ruin it a bit was the fact that the dance was supposed to be done to a KD Lang track, but she forgot the CD and had to do it to Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini by Timmy Mallet.

Do you know how many copies of The Guardian it takes to mop up a whole bottle of organic tomato sauce?

Was Han Solo there?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Polite Request.... on 11:28 - Mar 10 with 1712 viewssandylaner1

Polite Request.... on 05:22 - Mar 10 by sweetcorn

GET CAV ON NAOOOOWWWWWW.

REF YOU'RE A COWARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD.

DOGSHIT, GET HIM OFFFFFFF NAOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

GET HOWARTH ON NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

I enjoy the young lads banter. Yes i stand near them.

oh really

Polite Request.... on 12:43 - Mar 10 with 1616 viewsD_Alien

If you walk through Healey Dell, the fairies will get you in the end.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Polite Request.... on 13:02 - Mar 10 with 1583 viewsGizzaNosh

I think that's where I met you isn't it?

That being said, there was a significant amount of fisting taking place at the time.

Who'd have thought it was Father Geoffrey who had his way with all those stuffed animals?!

My God how time flies! Stay safe darling.
Polite Request.... on 13:02 - Mar 10 with 1581 viewsReedy

Polite Request.... on 12:43 - Mar 10 by D_Alien

If you walk through Healey Dell, the fairies will get you in the end.

I believe I may be one of the ones that the opening post refers to. Over the last 18 months, we have seen some awful games at Spotland, and I believe this has kept some of us going during the poor times. Yesterday was brilliant when Donnelly scored, I think the players have more of a connection with the Sandy Lane, due to what we sing and say. Bobby Grant was a prime example yesterday, singing about Donnelly, and he smiled and said something has Donnelly walked past him.

I firmly believe that 99% of the players enjoy the banter we have, they knew we had unsettled there keeper yesterday, and they started unsettling him more!

If people don't like what we do at football, that's fair enough, however it's become part of going to football now, and at times there is more entertainment off the pitch than there is off it!

Blog: The FA Cup

Polite Request.... on 13:06 - Mar 10 with 1561 viewssweetcorn

Polite Request.... on 13:02 - Mar 10 by Reedy

I believe I may be one of the ones that the opening post refers to. Over the last 18 months, we have seen some awful games at Spotland, and I believe this has kept some of us going during the poor times. Yesterday was brilliant when Donnelly scored, I think the players have more of a connection with the Sandy Lane, due to what we sing and say. Bobby Grant was a prime example yesterday, singing about Donnelly, and he smiled and said something has Donnelly walked past him.

I firmly believe that 99% of the players enjoy the banter we have, they knew we had unsettled there keeper yesterday, and they started unsettling him more!

If people don't like what we do at football, that's fair enough, however it's become part of going to football now, and at times there is more entertainment off the pitch than there is off it!

are you one of 4 lads who stand over towards willbutts lane and shout daft stuff about getting people off and bringin people on. they're who he's talking about, i've heard them myself.

Most of it revolves around cav and one of them has his name on his shirt.

Polite Request.... on 13:47 - Mar 10 with 1522 viewsReedy

Polite Request.... on 13:06 - Mar 10 by sweetcorn

are you one of 4 lads who stand over towards willbutts lane and shout daft stuff about getting people off and bringin people on. they're who he's talking about, i've heard them myself.

No!

Blog: The FA Cup

Polite Request.... on 15:07 - Mar 10 with 1440 viewssandylaner1

Polite Request.... on 13:06 - Mar 10 by sweetcorn

Polite Request.... on 16:10 - Mar 10 with 1360 viewssandylaner1

hahahahahahahah STRONG username
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024