Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players to go/New Signings 14:08 - Apr 9 with 5201 viewsDougal_RBlock

It's fair to say that whether we like it or not, there's gonna be another load of wholesale changes in the summer. Players that we can't wait to get rid of and unfortunately players we wished we could keep (Remy).
But we need to sort out the transfer policy of the club - already I've seen mentions of Kevin Phillips..... 4yrs ago I might have taken him. Yes he can make an impact off the bench but we already have a player like that in Andy Johnson, Who with his injury record and contract will be going no where in the summer.

We DO need a bit of experience in the club, but that doesn't mean we go and sign 11 players who are 40+ coming to the end of there.

So here is my list of players who i think will be leaving and REALISTIC players that we could replace them with.......

Out

Remy £8mil £60k p/w wages
Taarabt £8-£10mil £40k
Zamora £3pound if were lucky
Samba £8-£10mil
Green £2mil
Cesar £5mil
Green £2mil

In
Rasak (city) loan
Pantilmon (city) loan
Tomkins £4mil
Alex Pearce £4mil
Morrison (reading) £4mil?
Ross McCormack £4m
Jordan Rhodes £6mil £20k
Charlie Austin £8mil £25-£30k p/w

I would be more than happy if that list came in, and it would be one strong enough to challenge, youthful and full of goals. Please note they were not direct like for like swaps. So please dont say McCormack is no where near as good as Taarabt etc etc
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Players to go/New Signings on 11:15 - Apr 10 with 1141 viewsessextaxiboy

We need a youngish fit striker .

The Champ is game after game Tues Sat .

Zamora and AJ are not up to it every week IMO
Players to go/New Signings on 11:19 - Apr 10 with 1137 viewsVish

Players to go/New Signings on 11:15 - Apr 10 by essextaxiboy

We need a youngish fit striker .

The Champ is game after game Tues Sat .

Zamora and AJ are not up to it every week IMO

If Blackburn go down, Jordan Rhodes
Players to go/New Signings on 11:25 - Apr 10 with 1128 viewsessextaxiboy

Players to go/New Signings on 11:19 - Apr 10 by Vish

If Blackburn go down, Jordan Rhodes

Perfect + plus a young kid for League Cup backup and bench ..
Players to go/New Signings on 11:39 - Apr 10 with 1118 viewsraskolnikov

I would like to see Harriman, Hitchcock, Ehmer and Sutherland given their chance to step up than some of the kunk suggested here. Plus potentially Magri, Skapetis and Sharriff, with some solid coaching to go with it, and mentoring from the sort of grizzled professionals that the Championship demands - the Derrys and Furlongs of this world. Coaches that can add the streetwise dimension.
Players to go/New Signings on 11:43 - Apr 10 with 1116 viewsgobbles

Shocked at some of the under-valuation of Cesar. he is 33 and just been recalled by Brazil. Whatever you feel about the last 3-4 games, a big club in Europe would be happy to spend big money on him. We got him on the cheap because he had a bust-up with Inter just before the end of the transfer window.
Players to go/New Signings on 12:22 - Apr 10 with 1085 viewsFlex

Players to go/New Signings on 17:59 - Apr 9 by THEBUSH

Our club may be disorganized, but not rotten, there is a difference you know

So you consider all of this, 'disorganised' it also dates back to the Tango and Cash era, and how public relations between fans/players/owners have been strained since.

You've surely seen the 4 year Plan. Take the blinkers off, and wake up. We're a mess. TF needs to step back, and get football men on board as a priority.
Players to go/New Signings on 12:26 - Apr 10 with 1081 viewsDANRANGER

I feel they will go all out to get back up and if Harry is in charge he won't be fishing around the lower leagues for players. It will be interesting to see if they can persuade any of the so called stars to stick around. I would expect Remy and Cesar to move on but not sure on the others.

Adel is on a good contract and we do not have to sell unless he has a clause put in and I wouldn't expect him to go on the cheap which will put most suitors off. Same with Hoilett /Granero / Samba on very good money and not many were after them on those wages and they've deteriorated since joining us. Possible loans for a season with part wages paid if we have to cut our costs.

It could turn out to be a good thing going down and starting a rebuild and hopefully going back up more prepared next time. I just hope we have scouts in place and we buy players to fit a team pattern and not just if they are available ala Hughes.
Players to go/New Signings on 12:26 - Apr 10 with 1081 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There's no point talking about this rationally, because there's no rational plan within the club. We've no DoF, no club scouts and Redknapp has admitted that he isn't organising any scouting at the moment.

This summer will be just as chaotic and off-the-cuff as ever.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Players to go/New Signings on 12:37 - Apr 10 with 1073 viewsSydneyRs

Is Odemwingie still keen?
Players to go/New Signings on 12:38 - Apr 10 with 1070 viewswittle

Players to go/New Signings on 11:39 - Apr 10 by raskolnikov

I would like to see Harriman, Hitchcock, Ehmer and Sutherland given their chance to step up than some of the kunk suggested here. Plus potentially Magri, Skapetis and Sharriff, with some solid coaching to go with it, and mentoring from the sort of grizzled professionals that the Championship demands - the Derrys and Furlongs of this world. Coaches that can add the streetwise dimension.

have you seen many of these players actually play ? It always makes me laugh when people ask for youth to be given a chance,when we all know they will go the same way as ,Bean, Oli,Donelley,Bailey etc.
Players to go/New Signings on 12:52 - Apr 10 with 1054 viewsHollowayRanger

Players to go/New Signings on 11:43 - Apr 10 by gobbles

Shocked at some of the under-valuation of Cesar. he is 33 and just been recalled by Brazil. Whatever you feel about the last 3-4 games, a big club in Europe would be happy to spend big money on him. We got him on the cheap because he had a bust-up with Inter just before the end of the transfer window.

thing is clubs know we need to sell

remy if true that there is a clause then we will only get £8m

samba we'll have to hope the russians buy him back £6-8 mill

ceaser cant see a top prem team buying him or paying £80,000 ish so really only italy/spain and at £80,00 week ,cant see many clubs paying wages like that on top of a fee

we cant keep green and ceaser thats for sure and green ould be better option in championship so if we get a bid ie cash for ceaser GREAT if not then at least a free would get him off our books same as barton and bosingwa

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Players to go/New Signings on 13:15 - Apr 10 with 1043 views08olesen

Green
boswanka. onhoua. hill/new. s young
mackie diakite faurlin/jenas hoilett
bothroyd cisse/new

jay is good for the championship his goal record shows this. and cisse is quick enough to get 20+ goals in the championship.
there is no point bringing in people like harriman into the team because although it would save us money, it would not get us back up.

and i think that there is a good chance that we will be able to hold on to some of the decent players who are willing to give us one season in the championship e.g mbia hoilett cisse and maybe even adel if people are only valuing him at 5 mill with half going to the spuds.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Players to go/New Signings on 13:18 - Apr 10 with 1040 viewsJonDoeman

Players to go/New Signings on 11:43 - Apr 10 by gobbles

Says he wants to stay in London, carry on his sightseeing.
A good shot stopper, won us some points in his purple patch, but a complete keeper he ain't, we should have stuck with Green, and I don't think many QPR fans will be sorry to see the back of him.
In fact , the ludicrous keeper situation (7 mill a year for the pair I hear, & we don't have a decent one IMO) sums up the Hughes reign. Clueless.

It Is What It Is !!

Players to go/New Signings on 13:23 - Apr 10 with 1032 viewsrsonist

Father_Dougal_RBlock ?
Players to go/New Signings on 13:23 - Apr 10 with 1031 viewsgobbles

Players to go/New Signings on 13:18 - Apr 10 by JonDoeman

Says he wants to stay in London, carry on his sightseeing.
A good shot stopper, won us some points in his purple patch, but a complete keeper he ain't, we should have stuck with Green, and I don't think many QPR fans will be sorry to see the back of him.
In fact , the ludicrous keeper situation (7 mill a year for the pair I hear, & we don't have a decent one IMO) sums up the Hughes reign. Clueless.

I disagree totally. Cesar for long periods was out best players this season. Green, apart from one or two games, has been a disaster and it was because of him that our season started off on the backfoot. And let's not pretend that we got Green on the cheap - England keeper on a free transfer meant massive signing-on fee and big wages.
Players to go/New Signings on 13:36 - Apr 10 with 977 viewsadhoc_qpr

I think people are vastly overestimating the impact our dodgy season will have on players desirability.

For example, Hoillet i've seen someone on this thread list as selling for £1m! He's a young, very talented but inconsistent player who was being chased by multiple clubs across Europe last summer. Yes he's had a very patchy season, but flair players in poor teams often do that.

Players to go/New Signings on 14:38 - Apr 10 with 948 viewsJonDoeman

Players to go/New Signings on 13:23 - Apr 10 by gobbles

I disagree totally. Cesar for long periods was out best players this season. Green, apart from one or two games, has been a disaster and it was because of him that our season started off on the backfoot. And let's not pretend that we got Green on the cheap - England keeper on a free transfer meant massive signing-on fee and big wages.

Yeah , I don't rate Green myself, but in hindsight the correct decision would have been for Hughes to back his judgement in signing him as our No1.

Has Cesar really been that great for us? .............not IMO.

It Is What It Is !!

Players to go/New Signings on 21:44 - Apr 10 with 922 viewsderbyhoop

Multiple signings every transfer window got us into this mess. And we have people suggesting the same strategy.
Repeating your actions and expecting a different outcome is lunacy.

There will be departures. Probably granero, taarabt, remy, Barton and 1 of the keepers. Zamora will be out until Xmas. We will need a couple coming in but it shouldn't be wholesale change.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Players to go/New Signings on 10:44 - Apr 11 with 881 views00calben

Players to go/New Signings on 17:55 - Apr 9 by WestbourneR

I don't agree with this AT ALL.

As long as the parachute money is around, I am very very sure we will make a big effort to keep an unusually large number of our players to ensure we are too strong for the Championship. Eg. Mbia will stay - especially if you think we'd only get 1 million! Madness to sell him.

Are we really going to get promoted bringing in Craig Cathcart? No.

I just think you're being a bit stupid.

Are we really going to get promoted bringing in Craig Cathcart? No.

No doubt the same sentiments as 3yrs ago with Hill, Derry, Mackie, Orr etc.
Let's keep Chris Samba and continue to pay him £80k a week in the Championship. That's so sustainable.
Players to go/New Signings on 14:24 - Apr 11 with 851 viewsisawqpratwcity

Dear God, please post your opinions and then note your accuracy afterwards.

Other than that this post is just hot air (like all those other posts about how we'll go through the rest of the season).

Complete crap.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Players to go/New Signings on 14:29 - Apr 11 with 848 viewsAntti_Heinola

Players to go/New Signings on 12:22 - Apr 10 by Flex

So you consider all of this, 'disorganised' it also dates back to the Tango and Cash era, and how public relations between fans/players/owners have been strained since.

You've surely seen the 4 year Plan. Take the blinkers off, and wake up. We're a mess. TF needs to step back, and get football men on board as a priority.

But who are these fabled 'football men' everyone refers to?
Would you say David Dein was a 'football man'?
Should we look to our coaching staff as WBA did with Dan Ashworth, to find a 'sporting director'? Or someone like Nicky Hammond at Reading?

I see a lot of foot-stamping about these kinds of roles, but in reality it's extremely difficult to get the balance right. Just appointing a 'football person', whatever that is, is full of pitfalls too. If only football were as simple as many fans think it is.

Having said that, I've been saying for years that Gerry should be back as a sporting director. Business and football knowledge. Perfect.

Bare bones.

Players to go/New Signings on 13:58 - Apr 12 with 816 viewsPinnerPaul

Players to go/New Signings on 15:12 - Apr 9 by WeaverQPR

In a nutshell

Trouble is players are attracted by wages not a bl***y ethos!

If there are two jobs going in real life 1 for £20Kpa and one for £30Kpa, you're not going to take long to decide which one to go for & your decision won't be based on the company mission statement I can tell you that!
Players to go/New Signings on 14:28 - Apr 12 with 803 viewsessextaxiboy

Players to go/New Signings on 13:23 - Apr 10 by gobbles

Rob Green has made just 2 mistakes , against Swansea (although the guy shooting was completely unmarked cos Adel dozed off ) and against West Brom .

In pre season he actually only gave away a free kick , not a goal and a misunderstanding with Ferdinand after being at the club for a few weeks.

He has made some great saves when he has started and coming from the bench .

Cesar has made some great stops as well of course but he has made some basic errors , these are often put down to him being "unfit" .

Since playing for Brazil I dont think he has been worth his place, apart from the errors his kicking and general distribution is not as good as Greens .

Players to go/New Signings on 15:53 - Apr 12 with 794 viewsDylanP

I would be gutted if we had that kind of action in the close season. A serious problem over the last couple of years has been instability and the inabilty to build a solid squad. The constant chopping and changing has meant disunity, dysfunction and poor morale. I would hope that some of the dead wood would be off, but not the kind of wholesale turnover that you are envisioning.

I would be happy to see most of the out of contract-ers go, including
Fábio, Tal Ben Haim, Brian Murphy, Hogan Ephraim, Rob Hulse, Troy Hewitt, Radek Cerny, and DJ Campbell. None of that lot are making a contribution and getting rid of them would bring down our wages without having any impact of the team. On top of that, I wouldn't be sad if we got rid of a few of those who clearly haven't worked out -- Park and Barton, chief among them.

Other than that, I hope we can hold on to as many of the others as possible. Definitely want to keep Adel, Townsend (unlikely, I know, but you never know; we got Adel after a loan stint from Spurs), MBia, Green, Remy and Samba. I recognize that Samba and Remy are likely off and that Zamora really cannot be relied on any more, so I suppose we would have to be in the market for a couple up front and someone to replace Samba.

But for me, keeping the churn to a minimum would be better than 8 (regular team) players out 8 new players in.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024