Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill on GMR 17:44 - Apr 20 with 3457 views442Dale

Said the performance was an end of season one and it left a bitter taste in the mouth.

Will try and forget about it but one or two players reverted back to type. Players have got to be more consistent long term.

"Plenty of players will be in the ride" for next season. Difficult being a player in this situation at the end of the season as they are out of contract, he understand it as it is their livelihood. At this standard of football it isn't a great living at this standard of football as its not a long career.

Reece Gray done a lot of hiding and a lot of seeking, more hiding. Pre season is crucial to see if he's the real deal.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hill on GMR on 17:59 - Apr 20 with 2691 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Our decent run-in has ended with a right dicking........just hope Hilly has learned a lot from this fixture as suggested by the op.

"Reverting to type" is not a good trait to have ,especially if we are in the mix next season we don't want to go all girly and start throwing games as we did under Soft Lad and Robin,thus needing to play catch up.

Sod that,like Hilly says let's have a bit of consistency not sulking.
Hill on GMR on 18:04 - Apr 20 with 2639 viewsColDale

I'm not a massive believer in match stats, but BBC says we had more possession and more shots so it cant have been a right dicking we had.
Hill on GMR on 18:06 - Apr 20 with 2627 viewszxcvbnm

Hill on GMR on 18:04 - Apr 20 by ColDale

I'm not a massive believer in match stats, but BBC says we had more possession and more shots so it cant have been a right dicking we had.

Until the first goal it could have gone either way. Positives Logan looks as though he has potential. Negs Thomas looked poor

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Hill on GMR on 18:17 - Apr 20 with 2579 viewsD_Dale

Hill on GMR on 18:06 - Apr 20 by zxcvbnm

Until the first goal it could have gone either way. Positives Logan looks as though he has potential. Negs Thomas looked poor

There seemed to be some sort of obligation to give Thomas a game (didn't someone recently post to the effect that Luton's manager was still waiting for him to be played?) - but I don't expect he'll figure in the future. I'd guess Hill overrode his instinct to stick with the team that had been undefeated in the last 3/4 matches.
Hill on GMR on 18:28 - Apr 20 with 2524 viewsPotterDale

Hill on GMR on 18:06 - Apr 20 by zxcvbnm

I don't think you're allowed to call him one of them. I think its only if you are also one that you can use that word.
Hill on GMR on 20:53 - Apr 20 with 2372 viewsmidlandsdale

1st half we dominated possession and apart from one speculative ball over the top they didn't even look like troubling us despite as stated Thomas was very poor.

Both Kennedy & Cav played the game at will but we lacked in the final third and it was definitely and end of season game. Oxford looked very poor.

Second half they scored with the first real effort on target and then when we brought on the youngsters came back in to it scoring a couple more on the breakaway.

Grant again looked disinterested and I think Hilly has a job to fire him up or fire him out!
Hill on GMR on 20:54 - Apr 20 with 2361 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill on GMR on 18:17 - Apr 20 by D_Dale

There seemed to be some sort of obligation to give Thomas a game (didn't someone recently post to the effect that Luton's manager was still waiting for him to be played?) - but I don't expect he'll figure in the future. I'd guess Hill overrode his instinct to stick with the team that had been undefeated in the last 3/4 matches.

Don't think it was a case of that. John Still said he was frustrated that Wayne Thomas wasn't getting games here, don't think we had to play him as part of the loan and Keith Hill said he wanted to look at him while we were safe and had nothing to play for because Thomas was going to be available at the end of the season and Hill wanted to see him in a match situation.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hill on GMR on 20:57 - Apr 20 with 2350 viewsrafcjosh

Hill on GMR on 20:54 - Apr 20 by ChaffRAFC

Don't think it was a case of that. John Still said he was frustrated that Wayne Thomas wasn't getting games here, don't think we had to play him as part of the loan and Keith Hill said he wanted to look at him while we were safe and had nothing to play for because Thomas was going to be available at the end of the season and Hill wanted to see him in a match situation.

I hope Hilly saw what the rest of us saw then.

Bag of shite.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill on GMR on 21:00 - Apr 20 with 2342 viewsYouTubeDale

Hill on GMR on 20:53 - Apr 20 by midlandsdale

1st half we dominated possession and apart from one speculative ball over the top they didn't even look like troubling us despite as stated Thomas was very poor.

Both Kennedy & Cav played the game at will but we lacked in the final third and it was definitely and end of season game. Oxford looked very poor.

Second half they scored with the first real effort on target and then when we brought on the youngsters came back in to it scoring a couple more on the breakaway.

Grant again looked disinterested and I think Hilly has a job to fire him up or fire him out!

If Thomas looked poor it's a good job we didn't have to rely on him in a dog fight at the end of the season. Also, given that Plymouth are now in trouble I hope Hill retracts his "promise" to play him. Perhaps Thomas is not for us next season - I know it's only one game looking at him in a competitive situation.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hill on GMR on 21:06 - Apr 20 with 2315 views442Dale

Hill on GMR on 21:00 - Apr 20 by YouTubeDale

If Thomas looked poor it's a good job we didn't have to rely on him in a dog fight at the end of the season. Also, given that Plymouth are now in trouble I hope Hill retracts his "promise" to play him. Perhaps Thomas is not for us next season - I know it's only one game looking at him in a competitive situation.

Not sure he's for anyone, any season.

Hill on GMR on 21:11 - Apr 20 with 2291 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill on GMR on 20:57 - Apr 20 by rafcjosh

I hope Hilly saw what the rest of us saw then.

Bag of shite.

Well, if I told you that on my new FM Research, he's rated nearly as good as I rated Dawson and miles better than Edwards, Stanton or any other centre back we've ever had, what would you say?!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hill on GMR on 21:15 - Apr 20 with 2280 viewsolympicdale

Hill on GMR on 21:00 - Apr 20 by YouTubeDale

Looking at Plymouths situation, we will have a duty to the clubs around them, to play our strongest side, and relegate them with the shots we hope.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill on GMR on 21:30 - Apr 20 with 2230 viewszxcvbnm

Hill on GMR on 21:15 - Apr 20 by olympicdale

Looking at Plymouths situation, we will have a duty to the clubs around them, to play our strongest side, and relegate them with the shots we hope.

With the exception of Thomas today was our strongest side

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Hill on GMR on 21:32 - Apr 20 with 2222 views49thseason

I would imagine Grant has had a lot on his mind this week and not football related, he needs to get the court case out of the way and have a really good pre-season. When the going gets tough... maybe it will be the making of him.. or maybe not.
Hill on GMR on 21:38 - Apr 20 with 2206 viewsSalwaDale

Hill on GMR on 21:32 - Apr 20 by 49thseason

I would imagine Grant has had a lot on his mind this week and not football related, he needs to get the court case out of the way and have a really good pre-season. When the going gets tough... maybe it will be the making of him.. or maybe not.

Have to agree with that, whether he is innocent or guilty it must be difficult at the moment for him.

TBBT

Hill on GMR on 15:54 - Apr 21 with 1843 viewsRoChDaLe

firing bobby grant up results in a red card normally, but firing him out would be easily as bad as any decision eyre or coleman have made, the lads 22 and is probably the only game changer we have in the squad with the wonder left foot, finding the right balance with the lad

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Hill on GMR on 19:15 - Apr 21 with 1671 viewsYouTubeDale

Looking at the goals, Rose did not do well. I know Duberry is a big unit but Rose mis-timed his jump to challenge for the header. He then fails to track the run of Smalley who crosses in for Whing. Edwards was not close enough to Whing and it is volleyed into the back of the net for goal number 1. For the second, on the face of it (because we can't see the whole picture), it looks like Thomas plays Constable on-side. Nevertheless, again it is our man Rose who fails to track Constable who breaks free and smashes it in the net. Again, on the face of it, it looks like the third came as a result of not leaving enough players at the back when we were attacking. And yet again it was our man Rose who let us down. He took a poor corner which they seized upon, counter-attacking and hey-presto 3 -0 was the scoreline.

Rose seems to be better in attack than defence, and yet again yesterday proved that our corners do need attention.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Hill on GMR on 20:11 - Apr 21 with 1604 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill on GMR on 19:15 - Apr 21 by YouTubeDale

Looking at the goals, Rose did not do well. I know Duberry is a big unit but Rose mis-timed his jump to challenge for the header. He then fails to track the run of Smalley who crosses in for Whing. Edwards was not close enough to Whing and it is volleyed into the back of the net for goal number 1. For the second, on the face of it (because we can't see the whole picture), it looks like Thomas plays Constable on-side. Nevertheless, again it is our man Rose who fails to track Constable who breaks free and smashes it in the net. Again, on the face of it, it looks like the third came as a result of not leaving enough players at the back when we were attacking. And yet again it was our man Rose who let us down. He took a poor corner which they seized upon, counter-attacking and hey-presto 3 -0 was the scoreline.

Rose seems to be better in attack than defence, and yet again yesterday proved that our corners do need attention.

The only time we really exploited corners was when Awesome Dawson was here....
Hill on GMR on 20:21 - Apr 21 with 1583 viewsClivert

Hill on GMR on 20:11 - Apr 21 by Yorkshire_Dale

The only time we really exploited corners was when Awesome Dawson was here....

Alan Reeves and Mark Monnington scored a fair few from corners.
Hill on GMR on 20:34 - Apr 21 with 1562 views442Dale

Hill on GMR on 20:21 - Apr 21 by Clivert

Alan Reeves and Mark Monnington scored a fair few from corners.

Keith Hill was always ok as well.

Hill on GMR on 20:37 - Apr 21 with 1553 viewsBartRowou

John Bramhall used to knock em in for fun way back when.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hill on GMR on 20:37 - Apr 21 with 1553 viewsBartRowou

double JB post
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Hill on GMR on 20:45 - Apr 21 with 1533 viewsrafc1984

Hill on GMR on 20:37 - Apr 21 by BartRowou

John Bramhall used to knock em in for fun way back when.

Cracking centre half, a proper unit. Reeves and Monnigton also top class.

I can still remember Reeve's 90th minute winner at Cardiff, happy days...
Hill on GMR on 20:48 - Apr 21 with 1520 viewsClivert

Hill on GMR on 20:34 - Apr 21 by 442Dale

Keith Hill was always ok as well.

Aye, I remember a bullet header of Hilly's at Hull one Tuesday night game.
Hill on GMR on 21:15 - Apr 21 with 1471 viewsR17ALE

Hill on GMR on 20:48 - Apr 21 by Clivert

Aye, I remember a bullet header of Hilly's at Hull one Tuesday night game.

And Johnson at Torquay circa 1997

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024