Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. 22:48 - Apr 25 with 3319 viewsDale57

I would like to put an idea forward and wonderd what peoples thoughts would be.I personally think that something should be done to honor Moggy.Besides all the walking etc for charity he has done,the streaking etc.I think it may not have been realised by many people that over the years especially through the hard times of the club when it was at its lowest point,he played a large part in creating interest and atmosphere in the sandy and i reckon that if it wasn't for Moggy,there would have been quite a few who wouldn't have attended.I think maybe the older generation will get my jist.I will never forget Moggy and will be forever in his debt for making my visits to spotland and other places such a joy.
I put forward that the sandy be named after him and his ladder permenantly fixed to it.
Peoples thoughts please.
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 23:25 - Apr 25 with 3281 viewssweetcorn

I agree to it, only if spotland is changed to the sweetcorn arena.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 23:29 - Apr 25 with 3278 viewsDale57

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 23:25 - Apr 25 by sweetcorn

Nice name for a market hall,lol
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 00:00 - Apr 26 with 3260 viewsroccydaleian

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 23:25 - Apr 25 by sweetcorn

Might as well go the full hog. Rename the Sandy as the Moggy Stand. Away side the Tazzy away day review stand. T.D.S. The sweetcorn is shagging sandylaner1 Stand.
Main Stand, The Moaning Fookers Stand.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 00:11 - Apr 26 with 3256 viewsDale57

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 00:00 - Apr 26 by roccydaleian

Might as well go the full hog. Rename the Sandy as the Moggy Stand. Away side the Tazzy away day review stand. T.D.S. The sweetcorn is shagging sandylaner1 Stand.

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 07:51 - Apr 26 with 3191 viewsdale1968

Emmm NO.

Much as I like Moggy.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 09:02 - Apr 26 with 3152 viewsSuddenLad

Rename the stairs leading to the control tower as 'The Moggy Steps'.

He's carried enough of them.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 09:56 - Apr 26 with 3122 viewsDaley_Lama

I believe there are stands named after chairmen, managers and players within this country but I am unaware of a stand anywhere named after a fan.

Dale could set a precident here, showing that football truely is for the fans and not about money, power and greed.

I say go for it.

"You'll never take the Moggy" would also potentially be an opportunity to gain sponsorship from the RSPCA or some other animal welfare institute.

Poll: DF in or out

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 10:31 - Apr 26 with 3101 viewsblackpoolcol

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 09:56 - Apr 26 by Daley_Lama

I believe there are stands named after chairmen, managers and players within this country but I am unaware of a stand anywhere named after a fan.

Dale could set a precident here, showing that football truely is for the fans and not about money, power and greed.

I say go for it.

"You'll never take the Moggy" would also potentially be an opportunity to gain sponsorship from the RSPCA or some other animal welfare institute.

At Lincoln the Stacey West stand is named after the 2 Lincoln supporters who died in the Bradford fire

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Login to get fewer ads

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 11:04 - Apr 26 with 3084 viewsDaley_Lama

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 10:31 - Apr 26 by blackpoolcol

At Lincoln the Stacey West stand is named after the 2 Lincoln supporters who died in the Bradford fire

I AM now aware of a stand named after fans.

Cheers col, one learns something new every day.

Poll: DF in or out

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 11:09 - Apr 26 with 3079 viewsTalkingSutty

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 11:04 - Apr 26 by Daley_Lama

I AM now aware of a stand named after fans.

Cheers col, one learns something new every day.

How about the "David Clough stand".
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 12:49 - Apr 26 with 3046 viewsToffeemanc

If Dale were to ever name any of the stands after anyone associated with the club I would hope it would be Reg Jenkins.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 12:56 - Apr 26 with 3035 viewsdeezel

has a new tram stop been named after tazzy yet?
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 12:59 - Apr 26 with 3028 viewsseasidedale

I think that if a stand is named after a player then it would have to be Gary Jones, for all his achivements at Dale, although I think it should be Reg
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 13:12 - Apr 26 with 3017 viewsdeezel

Good luck, it took years of trying to finally get a stand named after bUry stalwart Les Hart and he'd only been at the club 44 years and it was 14 years after his death that the south stand was renamed!

see link..en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Hart

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 13:25 - Apr 26 with 3004 viewsDale57

I agree about Reg stand or sommat and there are others who would be worthy of a mention and after a rethink and probably more apt would be something along the lines of the area in front of the main entrance being called "Monty's walk"....very apt i thought.
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 13:56 - Apr 26 with 2979 viewsdownunder

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 12:56 - Apr 26 by deezel

has a new tram stop been named after tazzy yet?

No. But the new way to stop a bus will be called the Cipriani sidestep.
Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 15:53 - Apr 26 with 2939 viewssweetcorn

Stands and other stuff named after folk for whatever reason. on 00:00 - Apr 26 by roccydaleian

Like it, I really do. Unfortunatley it's not factually correct, we only fondle each others balls.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024