Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Kit 20:13 - Apr 28 with 6189 viewsR442D

Does anyone know what it is?

Last time I saw the options, they were all awful.
New Kit on 20:23 - Apr 28 with 4851 viewsTalkingSutty

I liked them.
New Kit on 20:28 - Apr 28 with 4802 viewsAtThePeake

Can't find the piece with the confirmation, but it's the top black and blue one, and the white away one.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18530&title=f

Tangled up in blue.

New Kit on 20:43 - Apr 28 with 4769 viewsfunkkk

New Kit on 20:28 - Apr 28 by AtThePeake

Can't find the piece with the confirmation, but it's the top black and blue one, and the white away one.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18530&title=f

Wow, forgot how bad they were.
New Kit on 20:48 - Apr 28 with 4753 viewsAtThePeake

New Kit on 20:43 - Apr 28 by funkkk

Wow, forgot how bad they were.

It's a real shame that the smartest one is that black one, but we wouldn't be able to use it even if we did have it made.

Tangled up in blue.

New Kit on 20:52 - Apr 28 with 4737 viewssandylaner1

But who was main shirt sponsor?
New Kit on 20:52 - Apr 28 with 4738 viewsThreeLions

Whoever voted for that home kit needs to get some glasses, its friggin horrible. The width of the stripes is just wrong, why mess with something that looks good. Cant seeany buying that shirt tbh
New Kit on 20:56 - Apr 28 with 4721 viewsboromat

The decision for kits was woeful, first year I won't be buying one!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

New Kit on 21:21 - Apr 28 with 4696 viewsmacro

Who is the main shirt sponsor going to be...
Login to get fewer ads

New Kit on 21:46 - Apr 28 with 4660 views442Dale

Ok, here we go...

The club did exactly the right thing in listening to supporters, both with the requests made to let fans vote on the kit, and then going forward with what those fans then chose.

Where did it go wrong? The choices for fans to vote on were poor. I can get very repetitive on here about kits, it's a pet hate of mine about how clubs around the country continually make mistakes in their choice of strips - practical and aesthetic.

A team who wear blue or red at home should not have a white away shirt as it will always cause issues with teams who wear stripes. This should not even have been available to vote on for this reason unless there was a clear proviso that a third shirt would be used when necessary, people may ask why this should happen? Look back at the amount of times we actually wore the white shirt during 11-12, there were numerous times black was used instead. Fans bought an away kit that wasn't always used away - we even wore black at Oldham when white would have been fine!

There is no identity in some teams choice of shirts too. That white away kit, if it had to be an option, should have included some presence of black to make it unique to Dale and our colour scheme. If anything, blue should have been the third colour in the strip - trim alongside more prominent black. This would have removed the comparisons to Bury, as were made at the time. Home kit: There's also the issue of blue becoming less prominent due to the black arms on the shirt.

These are one person's opinions of course, but they're opinions backed up by not only some of the replies you see in threads like this, but also on a Saturday night when you see ridiculous colour clashes and teams wearing kits that don't identify with the club that are wearing them.

Finally, there was something in the Programme yesterday about the shirts being available in early July due to the search for a sponsor. Why was this not communicated by the OS when the subject arose the other week?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Kit on 21:52 - Apr 28 with 4639 viewsfunkkk

New Kit on 20:48 - Apr 28 by AtThePeake

It's a real shame that the smartest one is that black one, but we wouldn't be able to use it even if we did have it made.

Here's Bournemouth's black away shirt. So much better than any of those options.

http://www.footballkitnews.com/8416/new-bournemouth-away-kit-13-14-fila-cherries

New Kit on 22:05 - Apr 28 with 4622 views442Dale

New Kit on 21:52 - Apr 28 by funkkk

Here's Bournemouth's black away shirt. So much better than any of those options.

http://www.footballkitnews.com/8416/new-bournemouth-away-kit-13-14-fila-cherries

A black away shirt actually makes much more sense than a white one, despite the presence of black in our home shirt. As Notts County illustrated when they visited Spotland in 09-10 (2-1 win, COG scoring after their defenders thought running into each other would be amusing), black and white stripes do not clash with blue and black stripes. Therefore the home shirt can be worn on the rare occasion we play teams in black and white stripes, and that won't happen next season.

Why cant we wear white v blue and white stripes? It's all about 'overall kit clashes' and a white shirt causes more issues in those circumstances. We could never wear it at Bristol Rovers for example - the amount of white creates that clash.

Oh, and to reinforce this argument, we wore blue and black v Burton's yellow and black this season and nobody noticed. Except me.

New Kit on 22:37 - Apr 28 with 4579 viewsTVOS1907

New Kit on 22:05 - Apr 28 by 442Dale

A black away shirt actually makes much more sense than a white one, despite the presence of black in our home shirt. As Notts County illustrated when they visited Spotland in 09-10 (2-1 win, COG scoring after their defenders thought running into each other would be amusing), black and white stripes do not clash with blue and black stripes. Therefore the home shirt can be worn on the rare occasion we play teams in black and white stripes, and that won't happen next season.

Why cant we wear white v blue and white stripes? It's all about 'overall kit clashes' and a white shirt causes more issues in those circumstances. We could never wear it at Bristol Rovers for example - the amount of white creates that clash.

Oh, and to reinforce this argument, we wore blue and black v Burton's yellow and black this season and nobody noticed. Except me.

Kit rules at Bristol Rovers' fixtures changed this year, especially when they played Wycombe.

And when we played Exeter.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

New Kit on 14:14 - Apr 29 with 4422 viewsRalphs12

Hopefully the final product looks a bit better than the prototypes.
New Kit on 00:39 - May 1 with 4253 viewsThreeLions

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130430-newkitlo-800350.aspx
Oldhams new kit
New Kit on 16:47 - May 2 with 3972 viewsjustanillusion

link for pictures on O/S of Darcy O'Connor and Scott Tanser wearing next seasons kit

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/new-kit-revealed-496087.aspx
New Kit on 18:21 - May 2 with 3910 viewsThreeLions

New Kit on 00:39 - May 1 by ThreeLions

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/article/20130430-newkitlo-800350.aspx
Oldhams new kit

Dont like those stripes
New Kit on 18:45 - May 2 with 3888 viewspioneer

New Kit on 16:47 - May 2 by justanillusion

link for pictures on O/S of Darcy O'Connor and Scott Tanser wearing next seasons kit

How did Tanser manage to get a hat trick with such short legs?
New Kit on 19:35 - May 2 with 3845 viewsChaffRAFC

New Kit on 16:47 - May 2 by justanillusion

I quite like the home shirt. I think it's better than this years in all honesty but that away kit is truly awful. Why on earth would people vote for a Bury (or Oldham away) lookalike kit to play in. The choices weren't great though and the black and purple kit was a fantastic looking kit but it would have been pointless even attempting to go with that.

The club did right in letting the fans choose but the choices were poor really.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

New Kit on 19:46 - May 2 with 3829 viewschuckleberry

New Kit on 19:35 - May 2 by ChaffRAFC

I quite like the home shirt. I think it's better than this years in all honesty but that away kit is truly awful. Why on earth would people vote for a Bury (or Oldham away) lookalike kit to play in. The choices weren't great though and the black and purple kit was a fantastic looking kit but it would have been pointless even attempting to go with that.

There can't be just me that likes the away kit can there?! Not sure I'm keen on the home shirt though.
New Kit on 20:02 - May 2 with 3807 views442Dale

New Kit on 19:35 - May 2 by ChaffRAFC

Black would not have been pointless, read the bloody thread properly, Chaffster.

New Kit on 20:13 - May 2 with 3792 viewsBartRowou

If we disavow ourselves of the notion that red is dead, we wouldn't have this perennial kit aggro over third kits. There are 52 shades of it on wikipedia (two more than grey) so we could have a non-Man U shade such as garibaldi.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New Kit on 20:17 - May 2 with 3781 views442Dale

New Kit on 20:13 - May 2 by BartRowou

If we disavow ourselves of the notion that red is dead, we wouldn't have this perennial kit aggro over third kits. There are 52 shades of it on wikipedia (two more than grey) so we could have a non-Man U shade such as garibaldi.

Is that even a colour?

New Kit on 20:23 - May 2 with 3766 viewsBartRowou

New Kit on 20:17 - May 2 by 442Dale

Is that even a colour?

Easy to see who's on whose side here:

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

New Kit on 20:24 - May 2 with 3762 viewsClivert

Am I right in thinking that we've had new home shirt every season since the Centenary season?
New Kit on 20:26 - May 2 with 3757 viewsChaffRAFC

New Kit on 20:02 - May 2 by 442Dale

Black would not have been pointless, read the bloody thread properly, Chaffster.

Ok, not pointless but not ideal. I do agree with BR though about red. I remember the last time we had a red away strip and it was about 20 years ago! Why do we avoid it?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024