Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England u-21's 17:35 - Jun 8 with 8497 viewsDale_Pea

2-0 down vs Norway.

Piss poor, but what should we expect from a team managed by Stuart Pearce.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

England u-21's on 17:50 - Jun 8 with 4667 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Don't you know Pyscho is without 17 first teamers???
England u-21's on 17:53 - Jun 8 with 4646 viewsDale_Pea

England u-21's on 17:50 - Jun 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

Don't you know Pyscho is without 17 first teamers???

We'd be just as shite if they were out there.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

England u-21's on 18:19 - Jun 8 with 4599 viewsKenBoon

Is Pearce making his chest puffed out gesture yet? That is as far as his tactical nouce goes. All the England teams other than senior should be coached by great trainers and tacticians. Not by idiots in Carlsberg commercials.
England u-21's on 18:36 - Jun 8 with 4555 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Daws converts a spot kick. 3-1 at the moment.
England u-21's on 19:06 - Jun 8 with 4490 views442Dale

Hopefully this will mean Pearce realises he shouldn't be involved in football anymore.

Mainly because he's an idiot.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

England u-21's on 19:32 - Jun 8 with 4452 viewsmacro

A clueless idiot
England u-21's on 21:30 - Jun 8 with 4344 viewsColDale

U-21 football seems a bit pointless these days. Its meant to be like reserve team football, and only there to help preparation for the full squad. But anyone half decent bypasses the U-21's. I don't know if other countries use the U-21's more effectively than we do. Does it really benefit the national squad?
England u-21's on 21:31 - Jun 8 with 4336 viewsDaley_Lama

England u-21's on 21:30 - Jun 8 by ColDale

U-21 football seems a bit pointless these days. Its meant to be like reserve team football, and only there to help preparation for the full squad. But anyone half decent bypasses the U-21's. I don't know if other countries use the U-21's more effectively than we do. Does it really benefit the national squad?

It keeps Craig Dawson match fit.

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

England u-21's on 21:33 - Jun 8 with 4328 viewsSalwaDale

England u-21's on 21:30 - Jun 8 by ColDale

Would Oxlade-Chamberlain etc benefit from playing for the U21s? I think they would.

TBBT

England u-21's on 21:43 - Jun 8 with 4307 viewsAtThePeake

England u-21's on 21:33 - Jun 8 by SalwaDale

Would Oxlade-Chamberlain etc benefit from playing for the U21s? I think they would.

I think he'd benefit more from having the chance to impress the thousands more people who watched the Brazil friendly last week, all the while getting used to playing on a massive stage, in the country the world cup will be staged in next season.

Of course, the FA could have allowed them to play in both, but I can understand their stance - and does anyone actually give a damn about tonight's result? Seriously?

Tangled up in blue.

England u-21's on 21:45 - Jun 8 with 4306 viewsolympicdale

While Stuart Pierce is indeed a piss poor manager, it isnt all his fault, the harsh reality is that England just don't have the talent to compete, how can they when they're picking players who ply their trade in the lower PL/Championship. Even after you get past the starting 11 in the senior team you're struggling for any real quality, and then expecting to compete with the likes of Italy Germany Holland and Spain at any level.

Life is a game of fate.

England u-21's on 21:45 - Jun 8 with 4304 viewsDaley_Lama

England u-21's on 21:43 - Jun 8 by AtThePeake

I think he'd benefit more from having the chance to impress the thousands more people who watched the Brazil friendly last week, all the while getting used to playing on a massive stage, in the country the world cup will be staged in next season.

Of course, the FA could have allowed them to play in both, but I can understand their stance - and does anyone actually give a damn about tonight's result? Seriously?

I know one dale fan who got quite into the England U21 qualification stage who will probably be a bit miffed...

Poll: DF in or out

England u-21's on 21:45 - Jun 8 with 4299 viewsSalwaDale

England u-21's on 21:43 - Jun 8 by AtThePeake

Do you? I think he'd have benefited more from playing tournament football.

I think he could and should have done both to be honest. Going back to what Col said, is there a point?

TBBT

England u-21's on 21:52 - Jun 8 with 4288 views442Dale

England u-21's on 21:33 - Jun 8 by SalwaDale

But he wouldn't benefit playing under a dinosaur like Pearce though. Hopefully Phil Neville's coaching career won't be tainted by his association with this tournament, as he'll be very successful if he decides to choose that route over media work.

Pearce only brought him in because it was another left back to put on the plane.

England u-21's on 21:56 - Jun 8 with 4277 viewsAtThePeake

England u-21's on 21:45 - Jun 8 by SalwaDale

Do you? I think he'd have benefited more from playing tournament football.

I think he could and should have done both to be honest. Going back to what Col said, is there a point?

Probably not.

Having said that, I doubt anyone would be saying that if we had won the thing!

Tangled up in blue.

England u-21's on 22:00 - Jun 8 with 4270 viewsChaffRAFC

England u-21's on 21:45 - Jun 8 by olympicdale

While Stuart Pierce is indeed a piss poor manager, it isnt all his fault, the harsh reality is that England just don't have the talent to compete, how can they when they're picking players who ply their trade in the lower PL/Championship. Even after you get past the starting 11 in the senior team you're struggling for any real quality, and then expecting to compete with the likes of Italy Germany Holland and Spain at any level.

Don't agree with you, for a change. I do think there's a lot of talent in the squad and there's a fair few from sides that are top half of the Premiership.

I don't know why we performed so shockingly but Pearce has a lot to answer for.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

England u-21's on 22:09 - Jun 8 with 4254 views442Dale

England u-21's on 22:00 - Jun 8 by ChaffRAFC

Don't agree with you, for a change. I do think there's a lot of talent in the squad and there's a fair few from sides that are top half of the Premiership.

He'll have struggled answering his name in registration.

England u-21's on 22:10 - Jun 8 with 4253 viewsolympicdale

England u-21's on 22:00 - Jun 8 by ChaffRAFC

There might be players from the higher reaches of the league but how many times do they actually play, coming on for 20min cameos now and then, pushed out for average foreign players.

The cold truth is that England just dont have the players, saying it is all down to the manager is just masking the real problem, because sorting out the real reasons take more thought and require more attention, sometimes it is not JUST down to the manager. Jordan Henderson is probably the u21's brightest player, compare that to Germanys from only a few years ago, the likes of Oezil, Mueller and the likes, that isnt down to a few bad managerial decisions.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Life is a game of fate.

England u-21's on 22:27 - Jun 8 with 4235 viewsAtThePeake

England u-21's on 21:45 - Jun 8 by olympicdale

If everyone was available, our starting line up could consist of players like:

Smith, Walker, Rose, Caulker, Carroll (Tottenham)
Zaha, Jones, Welbeck (United)
Rodwell (City)
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere (Arsenal)
Sterling, Henderson, Shelvey, Kelly, Flanagan, Wisdom, Robinson (Liverpool)
Chalobah, McEachran (Chelsea)
Barkley (Everton)

I'm aware some of these players are over 21, but the rules state: Players born no earlier than 1 January 1990 are eligible for the tournament, meaning some participants will be 23 years old as the 'under-21' limit applies at the start of the qualifying competition, so they could have been available.

Throw in players like Gibbs (Arsenal) Sturridge (Liverpool) Bertrand (Chelsea) & Smalling (United) who are a couple of months away from the deadline, and Jenkinson (Arsenal) who has already plied his trade with a different U21 side (but will be eligible for England having already played for the first team) and it shows that we have plenty of young players at the best clubs in the country - and many of them actually starting on a regular basis.

Tangled up in blue.

England u-21's on 22:31 - Jun 8 with 4228 viewsAtThePeake

England u-21's on 22:27 - Jun 8 by AtThePeake

Rodwell (City)
Barkley (Everton)

I'm aware some of these players are over 21, but the rules state: Players born no earlier than 1 January 1990 are eligible for the tournament, meaning some participants will be 23 years old as the 'under-21' limit applies at the start of the qualifying competition, so they could have been available.

Throw in players like Gibbs (Arsenal) Sturridge (Liverpool) Bertrand (Chelsea) & Smalling (United) who are a couple of months away from the deadline, and Jenkinson (Arsenal) who has already plied his trade with a different U21 side (but will be eligible for England having already played for the first team) and it shows that we have plenty of young players at the best clubs in the country - and many of them actually starting on a regular basis.

Out of the players I mentioned there:

Walker, Jones, Welbeck, Sturridge, Gibbs, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Sterling and Henderson are all usual first-team starters at those clubs, whilst a fair amount of the rest of the players I mentioned are in and out of the starting line up (Caulker, Shelvey, Smalling).

Dunno what it's like in Germany/Spain etc, but I don't think that's particularly bad going.

Tangled up in blue.

England u-21's on 22:32 - Jun 8 with 4223 viewsolympicdale

England u-21's on 22:27 - Jun 8 by AtThePeake

Rodwell (City)
Barkley (Everton)

But they are not good enough, Wilshire at a push. With some players it wouldn't matter how often or not they played, because as has been said on here, you can't polish a turd, they are simply not of the standard to compete at international level.

I don't know about Spain but in Germany id go as far to say a good 90% of their squads are playing regularly in their teams, and now they have moved up a level or 2 and playing at the top, top level.

just heard that all the Germany team play in the Bundesliga regularly, how it should be.

Life is a game of fate.

England u-21's on 22:38 - Jun 8 with 4210 views442Dale

England u-21's on 22:32 - Jun 8 by olympicdale

But they are not good enough, Wilshire at a push. With some players it wouldn't matter how often or not they played, because as has been said on here, you can't polish a turd, they are simply not of the standard to compete at international level.

I don't know about Spain but in Germany id go as far to say a good 90% of their squads are playing regularly in their teams, and now they have moved up a level or 2 and playing at the top, top level.

just heard that all the Germany team play in the Bundesliga regularly, how it should be.

Josh McEachran is as good as Pearce that's for sure.

England u-21's on 22:40 - Jun 8 with 4208 viewsolympicdale

England u-21's on 22:38 - Jun 8 by 442Dale

Josh McEachran is as good as Pearce that's for sure.

as a manager, perhaps.

Life is a game of fate.

England u-21's on 22:47 - Jun 8 with 4199 viewsAtThePeake

England u-21's on 22:32 - Jun 8 by olympicdale

OK, I named the players in the teams who finished in the top 7.

There are 10 players in the German U21 National Squad who play for teams in the top 7 of the Bundesliga, and 1 who play for a team that finished in the top 7 of the EPL.

I don't know how often they start, and I don't know how many players were unavailable, but there are 10 players in our U21 squad that play for teams in the top 7, and we didn't have a further 6 off the top off my head in Welbeck, Jones, Ox, Wilshere, Rodwell and Walker in the squad, whilst they were eligible to be so.

Tangled up in blue.

England u-21's on 22:48 - Jun 8 with 4197 viewsAtThePeake

England u-21's on 22:47 - Jun 8 by AtThePeake

OK, I named the players in the teams who finished in the top 7.

There are 10 players in the German U21 National Squad who play for teams in the top 7 of the Bundesliga, and 1 who play for a team that finished in the top 7 of the EPL.

I don't know how often they start, and I don't know how many players were unavailable, but there are 10 players in our U21 squad that play for teams in the top 7, and we didn't have a further 6 off the top off my head in Welbeck, Jones, Ox, Wilshere, Rodwell and Walker in the squad, whilst they were eligible to be so.

Que some nonsense about how the Bundesliga is better than the Premier League.

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024