Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale v Pools 10:20 - Jul 26 with 1817 viewsseatonblue

Hi Lads
Looking forward to next week & the start of a new season.
We're not sure what sort of season we'll have, as we've kept most of the players that failed miserably last season,only signed 2 new players & one of our best has left for Tranmere.
We did go on a run from Febuary onwards,but it was too late,the damage had already been done.
We're hoping that Cooper will give the youngsters a chance.
Luke James played towards the end of the season & earned rave reviews,James Poole has had a good pre-season & looks fit,Brad Walker is another young lad who we're hoping starts on saturday,Jack Baldwin had a great season at centre half, then midfield.
It's going to be a tough season for us & i would be well pleased if we managed a top 10 finish.
What about Dale?
Dale v Pools on 11:01 - Jul 26 with 1751 viewsdavidab2202

Don't want to scare you but reckon we could be on fire.

King Keith appears to have made some astute signings in the close season and got to say that after the scary first half of last season under Coleman we are full of optimism for the coming season.

Once the first match is over and with hopefully 3 pts for the Dale(but have been supporting them for more years then even I care to remember,or then have been good for me so know that my expectations are not always fulfilled)heres hoping you have a good season,
Dale v Pools on 11:05 - Jul 26 with 1738 viewsjudd

As I won't be here. I hope it is fookin' POSTPONED.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dale v Pools on 11:14 - Jul 26 with 1714 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Did I not read the other day that Boro were offering you lot a whole host of players on loan?

Cooper and Mowbray being good mates for years?

Anyway,I think we will give you a decent game......we are still in a sort of transition from the really bad old days of Soft lad Coleman but most of the work is done and many of us are optimistic of a good season.

Please,please do the double on bury!

Oh,and bring loads of fans please,half our lot are on holiday!
Dale v Pools on 11:46 - Jul 26 with 1647 viewsseatonblue

Dale v Pools on 11:14 - Jul 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Did I not read the other day that Boro were offering you lot a whole host of players on loan?

Cooper and Mowbray being good mates for years?

Anyway,I think we will give you a decent game......we are still in a sort of transition from the really bad old days of Soft lad Coleman but most of the work is done and many of us are optimistic of a good season.

Please,please do the double on bury!

Oh,and bring loads of fans please,half our lot are on holiday!

We're supposed to be getting a couple of decent Boro kids,whether we do or not is another thing.

Always enjoy Bury,we have a good record there,unlike at your place.

Would think we'll bring around 400.
Dale v Pools on 12:05 - Jul 26 with 1606 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Dale v Pools on 11:46 - Jul 26 by seatonblue

We're supposed to be getting a couple of decent Boro kids,whether we do or not is another thing.

Always enjoy Bury,we have a good record there,unlike at your place.

Would think we'll bring around 400.

Thanks seaton...

....don't forget this game is one of the BBC's Flagship matches too!
Dale v Pools on 13:33 - Jul 26 with 1506 viewsAtThePeake

Should be a good game.

Whilst Pools may have struggled last season, I think if you look at their squad, they have plenty of quality in there. The OP mentioned Luke James - he's the lad who scored the 30 yard wondergoal against us at Victoria Park in our relegation season and I believe he's attracted interest from a few Championship/Premier League clubs. Franks/Poole/Monkhouse etc. are all good players who could do well at our level. Isn't that Walker only 16 though Seaton? Would be surprised if you throw him into start in the opening game!

Tangled up in blue.

Dale v Pools on 13:44 - Jul 26 with 1487 viewsYadHoDale

Didn't realise Monkhouse was still there.

Perhaps an emergency loan of John Doolan from the Pub/Bookies/Pie Shop, to sit on the bench and glare at him, might be called for... :)
Dale v Pools on 15:04 - Jul 26 with 1419 viewsMoonyDale

Dale v Pools on 11:05 - Jul 26 by judd

As I won't be here. I hope it is fookin' POSTPONED.

Judd..............Fook off

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Login to get fewer ads

Dale v Pools on 15:28 - Jul 26 with 1402 viewsBrierls

I can't wait for the new season to start. I think we're looking in good shape, with more options than I can remember, but we'll only really see how good we are once the season starts.

If I had to pick out some players to look out for I'd say...

Rose - left back with great delivery, dead ball or open play
Henderson - experienced attacking midfielder, too good for League Two
Done - Championship quality on his day
Hogan - young lad, quick, strong and very direct

If you don't know how Hartlepool are going to shape up, we've got no chance! I think you missed a trick in not signing Jason Kennedy from us, you really should have pushed the boat out to sign him because he wanted to be closer to his family. You'd have had one of the best midfielders in League Two. Luke James looked a quality player when he played against us, so I expect he's an even better player now. I suppose a lot of it depends on how Cooper takes to management.

It should be a good game between two similar clubs.
Dale v Pools on 08:38 - Jul 27 with 1220 viewsfitzochris

Whoever is picking up Compton next Saturday better be on his toes by the sounds of it.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Dale v Pools on 09:53 - Jul 27 with 1145 viewsoff2div1

I remember last season Hartley & Poole scoring in a game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024