Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Old Trafford Test Match 10:35 - Jul 28 with 3435 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

I reckon this could see the Aussies grab a draw.

Chance of rain all five days, which is typical after the last few weeks we've had. Goes to show, that you can make the ground look great, but cant change the Manchester weather.

Both teams have won 7 and drawn 14 at OT.

So i've put a sneaky £20 dabs on the draw at 15/8.

What do you guys reckon for the 3rd test?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Old Trafford Test Match on 10:51 - Jul 28 with 3421 viewsThreeLions

England win, forecast on accuweather is good through to Monday where showers are given. Hopefully England to win at 6pm on Saturday night.
Old Trafford Test Match on 11:02 - Jul 28 with 3402 viewsThreeLions

Panesar, Tremlett and Taylor drafted into the squad. Looks like we are going for two spinners. Good decision seeing how well Simon Kerrigan has been performing with spin on the Real Old Trafford wickets this summer
Old Trafford Test Match on 11:07 - Jul 28 with 3399 viewsD_Alien

Bear in mind that the Aussies have to win all three remaining tests to regain the Ashes - yes, an unlikely scenario - but it does mean they can't play for a draw, unless they really have capitulated already and decide to just play for some basic pride in not losing 5-0

If they still think they can win the series, they'll have to take risks they wouldn't otherwise take, giving us an even greater chance of winning in four days.

Personally, I reckon they've already thrown in the towel, even if the public noises they make won't admit to that.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Old Trafford Test Match on 11:08 - Jul 28 with 3394 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Old Trafford Test Match on 11:02 - Jul 28 by ThreeLions

Panesar, Tremlett and Taylor drafted into the squad. Looks like we are going for two spinners. Good decision seeing how well Simon Kerrigan has been performing with spin on the Real Old Trafford wickets this summer

When I saw that, I wondered how close Kerrigan was to getting called up?

Could he make the touring side?

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Old Trafford Test Match on 11:56 - Jul 28 with 3342 viewsdilligas

The Aussies will realise this series is gone but they'll be looking to the winter series back home and building a side to win that one
Old Trafford Test Match on 13:31 - Jul 28 with 3296 viewsDaley_Lama

Great to see Tremlett back in the squad, had feared another Simon Jones career type injury but I'm slightly surprised at it.

Swann, Broad and Anderson will all play unless they have an injury or hell freezes over.

I would have expected a Bresnan v Monty dilemma with Tremlett nowhere near the squad. I can only assume Jimmy or Broad may have a tweak.

Poll: DF in or out

Old Trafford Test Match on 14:14 - Jul 28 with 3266 viewsBarryStrange

Dunno if it is just me but why is Panesar in the squad?

There has to come a point when people look at your test record and realise you are never going to be what we need in non-sub continent conditions, coupled with the need to find a permanent replacement for Swann who is seemingly one more encounter with Hashim Amla away from arthritis in his elbow.

In a nutshell I had hoped they would call Kerrigan up, since it looks like Lancs will get promoted even in his absence.

Good to see Tremlett in and around the set up though, even if Bresnan has done enough to merit keeping his place for the next test.
Old Trafford Test Match on 14:50 - Jul 28 with 3245 viewsThreeLions

Old Trafford Test Match on 11:08 - Jul 28 by SteTsGoldenBoot

When I saw that, I wondered how close Kerrigan was to getting called up?

Could he make the touring side?

It has been mentioned by many a commentator of the game that that will happen. Fantastic bowler
Login to get fewer ads

Old Trafford Test Match on 09:12 - Jul 30 with 3052 viewsisitme

I know someone has posted this information before, but I cannot find it in the vast range of threads.

Does anyone know anywhere decent to park so that it is easy to get to the ground? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Trafford Test Match on 09:15 - Jul 30 with 3020 viewsColDale

Old Trafford Test Match on 09:12 - Jul 30 by isitme

I know someone has posted this information before, but I cannot find it in the vast range of threads.

Does anyone know anywhere decent to park so that it is easy to get to the ground? Any advice would be appreciated.

can you not park somewhere near Stretford Metrolink station, and make the last bit of the journey via the Met?
Old Trafford Test Match on 09:17 - Jul 30 with 3019 viewssteofthedale

Old Trafford Test Match on 09:12 - Jul 30 by isitme

Get there early and there are lots of options. Some unofficial sites (schools, bowling clubs and at the weekend empty office car parks.)

The main official parking is that used by the footy club which involves a slightly longer walk.

They all charge much the same, though it has been a while since OT hosted a test so we may be in for a surprise increase.

steofthedale*

Old Trafford Test Match on 10:33 - Jul 30 with 2994 viewspioneer

Yes, and its free, but the parking around Stretford station gets full pretty early, particulalry on working days (M-F). There is lots of safe street parking around Brooklands metro station just 2 or three stops further and you can usually find a spot any time of day.

According to Old Trafford site the 'official' parking at the ground is OT footy ground so quite a hike given you will probably be paying a tenner and getting away after the days play will probably be horrendous.
Old Trafford Test Match on 10:49 - Jul 30 with 2983 viewsisitme

Thanks for the advice.

The Brooklands stop sounds great as it is near where I am going out on Friday night. I think I might brave the Met from Rochdale to Trafford Bar on Thursday. I suspect I will take about an hour to get there?
Old Trafford Test Match on 11:50 - Jul 30 with 2963 viewsAtThePeake

Old Trafford Test Match on 09:17 - Jul 30 by steofthedale

Get there early and there are lots of options. Some unofficial sites (schools, bowling clubs and at the weekend empty office car parks.)

The main official parking is that used by the footy club which involves a slightly longer walk.

They all charge much the same, though it has been a while since OT hosted a test so we may be in for a surprise increase.

Isn't the main car park behind the indoor training centre, where that huge temporary red stand is now?

Think it will cost to get on there, but there are some quite large car parks just behind that too that are fairly cheap from memory.

Tangled up in blue.

Old Trafford Test Match on 13:43 - Jul 30 with 2913 viewsThreeLions

Most of that car park is housing corporate hospitality tents. The rest willbe for the very special privalaged.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024