Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect 12:29 - Aug 4 with 12747 viewsQPunkR

disclaimer;this is all IMHO obviously.

I was absolutely flabbergasted by 1,000s of our fans at the game yesterday singing 'one Joey Barton' even before he'd kicked a ball.
This guy has been systematically cúnting the Club off for the past year, saying he wouldn't come back, wouldn't be playing in the Championship, and saying he felt ashamed of himself for signing for us, when he only came for the money.
In addition to that, when he did play 2 seasons ago, he was fúcking abysmal.
The only, single good thing that Scouse waster has done for the Club was get hauled off against Liverpool. He did play reasonably well yesterday, but that is not reason for ppl wanting to w@nk him off. Played one superb ball to Toilett and was generally tidy in posession, but also played some random awful balls straight into touch.
If he'd come back and scored a hattrick or played consistently well after a few games then I could someway understand ppl cheering his name, but to single him out as some kind of saviour above everyone else completely baffles me. I will not forget how he's treated us. He could be bl00dy Pele and I wouldn't want him wearing the Hoops again.

To me the cúnt is one short step above Boswanker.

I'd like to know why everyone, but everyone, hated Boswanker so much and yet can sing 'one Joey Barton'.

One Joey Barton? Thank fúck there aren't more of the cúnt. I just pray to all that's holy that some stupid Turkish or Middle Eastern club comes in and takes him off our hands before the end of the transfer window so we can just wash our hands of the stain, or that he attacks another 14 year old so we can rip up his contract

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:40 - Aug 4 with 2420 viewsscot1963

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:33 - Aug 4 by QPunkR

Nope, I even said at the beginning of the thread that everyone's obviously entitled to their own opinion.
The reason I said it to you is that you come across as a contrarian

it's his middle name
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:43 - Aug 4 with 2406 viewsQPunkR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:38 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

A contrarian?No I'm not.

Walked into that one there mate.

D'oh

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:44 - Aug 4 with 2399 viewsTacticalR

You can tell he's a contrarian by the way he walks.

Air hostess clique

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:45 - Aug 4 with 2396 viewsTheBlob

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:40 - Aug 4 by scot1963

it's his middle name

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:50 - Aug 4 with 2384 viewsNeil_SI

From my point of view — he shouldn't have played and neither should Armand Traore.

It sends out the wrong message to the players and equality and standards are really important and big issues in the dressing room.

Barton did not feature in any of our pre-season matches, apart from a behind closed doors friendly set up for the fringe players and didn't train much with the squad throughout pre-season either.

Traore featured early on but then wasn't seen in action for the rest of pre-season.

You can't expect other players to train hard all pre-season and do everything you ask of them to then not pick them on matchday for someone who hasn't.

It's just not right and doesn't set the correct level of expectation and standards for the players, especially when you're trying to build that team spirit and harmony in the dressing room and what you've worked hard on all summer to achieve.

That's my problem with it — irrespective of the result or how these players had played. There was a short period where the crowd were bubbling under the surface after we went behind — so the potential was there for it to get ugly and that would have been a dreadful start had that been the case.

It was a risk that wasn't worth taking.

I still remember many years back when Manchester United were about to play Leeds United, and the pair of them were at the top of the table and David Beckham missed training and was dropped by Sir Alex Ferguson. Everybody gets treated in the same way and understands the expectations, standards and responsibilities to the team and what comes first.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 13:57 - Aug 4 with 2365 viewsDylanP

OP -- SHUT UP!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:53 - Aug 4 with 2310 viewsted_hendrix

For me I don't basically give a flying one what our contacted players do or say off the pitch, all I ask is that when they are on the pitch they put the effort in and work to their abilities and from what I saw yesterday JB done just that and when he got subbed he got a deserved reception from the crowd, there was no singing from me but there was a good round of applause.
I will be delighted to see the back of the bloke, the sooner the better but all I'm saying is as far as I'm concerned and maybe in a hypocritical way I'm desperate for us to have a good season and results and QPR FC come first and foremost not any individual player.
For 90 odd minutes of the game I don't care who's playing for us or his personality, if he's played well I'll applaud him off the pitch, after that he can go back to being a cnt.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 15:01 - Aug 4 with 2299 viewsEalingRanger

I don't like Barton or the way he talks about our club or the way he handles himself off the pitch.

But he has by all accounts trained well and he played decently yesterday. His selection didn't really surprise me, him and Simpson seemed to have a good understanding left over from their Newcastle days and that must have been in Redknapp's thinking. If Barton stays and does his talking on the pitch I will not be moaning about him or booing him. I won't be handing out lavish praise either.

Neil's use of Ferguson's handling of Beckham is misplaced IMO. Ferguson was a pragmatist - Machiavelli not Woodrow Wilson, he adapted to the circumstances he found himself in. When United lost Ronaldo and seemed to be on the verge of losing Rooney, Ferguson gave him a bumper new contract - this coming after Rooney had publicly humiliated him and the club. It's about circumstances.

Watching Karl Henry plod around yesterday I realised that I would be happy to see Barton stay, despite the many blots on his copybook. A midfield pairing of Faurlin and Barton could do great things in this division so I think we need him.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 15:05]
Login to get fewer ads

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 15:11 - Aug 4 with 2287 viewsQPRDave

get over it punk ............we won and Joey assisted.
If he has the hoops on support him & the team
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 15:30 - Aug 4 with 2266 viewsjohann28

Can't stand the guy and wasn't that enamoured to see his name on the sheet, I must admit. BUT for one thing I'd support anyone wearing the hoops, and for another you must admit he put in a shift for us and had a good game. I suspect he doesn't want to stay and will be on the move if they can sort out his contract, but if he plays like he did yesterday until he goes then he'll certainly have done at least something to pay us back for all that crap of the season before last. If the supporters cheering his name helped him raise his game, then I'm all for it.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 15:36 - Aug 4 with 2252 viewscheeseydane

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:53 - Aug 4 by ted_hendrix

For me I don't basically give a flying one what our contacted players do or say off the pitch, all I ask is that when they are on the pitch they put the effort in and work to their abilities and from what I saw yesterday JB done just that and when he got subbed he got a deserved reception from the crowd, there was no singing from me but there was a good round of applause.
I will be delighted to see the back of the bloke, the sooner the better but all I'm saying is as far as I'm concerned and maybe in a hypocritical way I'm desperate for us to have a good season and results and QPR FC come first and foremost not any individual player.
For 90 odd minutes of the game I don't care who's playing for us or his personality, if he's played well I'll applaud him off the pitch, after that he can go back to being a cnt.

Apart from the first half sentence, i pretty much agree with all that Ted.

Still can't quite get my head round the 'return of the messiah' reception he got before a ball was kicked though.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 15:47 - Aug 4 with 2242 viewsQPR1882

We have Adel who has only scored 7 goals in 57 games in the last 2 years,has made no excuse that he wants to leave the club, strops about and plays most games for Adel fc.

Yet no one moans when the fans sing his name.Guess fans sing players names to encourage them to play well for QPR.

Welcome back JB and would be nice to see Adel back in a QPR top.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect (n/t) on 15:58 - Aug 4 with 2234 viewskomradkirk

[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 16:00]
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 16:01 - Aug 4 with 2225 viewstimcocking

I'll back all our players.

I think a huge difference between JB and Bosingwa is the fact that Joey fights for his side when he is on the field.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 16:50]
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 18:57 - Aug 4 with 2126 viewsFlex

It is patently obvious that the club has no standards, pride or morals. Barton sound never wear the shirt again. 12 months ago he was rightly chastised and now seemingly redeemed after 1 good performance. Fans are so fickle it is ridiculous.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 19:25 - Aug 4 with 2038 viewsspencer

If we allowed opinions, then i'm with the OP on this.
So pre season with have been playing SWP out wide, Granero and Mbia inside.On reaching Loftus Road yesterday was very surprised to see his name on the team sheet.

Again, in my opinion,shouldn't be playing but i assume that Harry is trying to play devils advocate and maybe trying to force a transfer.Anyway- he played, quite well but i was gobsmacked when the crowd sung his name so passionately..before the game and during and when he went off.I clapped him off as i thought he had a half decent game.Bobby Zamora on the other hand, is our player, had a shocking game to be fair and was treated poorly by our fans, just because he had a off game.

Fans are funny as...

As far as Barton in concerned, one game does not (IMO) mean all of a sudden he is my favourite player.Like most fans i will support him, but also please....he has mugged the club off.Mind you, Anton Ferdinand after the John Terry incident became an overnight hero.Then, his formed dipped and now also gets short change from the QPR fans.

I do hope Austin scores soon...or he will be next under the knife.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 19:26]
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 19:38 - Aug 4 with 2012 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:53 - Aug 4 by ted_hendrix

Couldn't have said it better myself Ted and I was the same as you - politely applaud a half decent performance, I didn't sing his name or stand when he left the pitch.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 19:58 - Aug 4 with 1983 viewsBromleyHoop

http://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-counselling/

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 20:36 - Aug 4 with 1953 viewsTacticalR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 19:58 - Aug 4 by BromleyHoop

http://www.relate.org.uk/relationship-counselling/

Will that help us get out of our abusive relationship?

Air hostess clique

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 20:44 - Aug 4 with 1942 viewsJigsore

All of us agree there's only one Joey Barton, its just some of us think one is too many

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:04 - Aug 4 with 1922 viewseghamranger

Complete fool off the pitch, but he had a couple of crosses yesterday and that ball to Hoillet that was exceptional. I stood when he was subbed as he put in a great performance for rangers.

If he wants to go that's fine, but we lacked a decent midfielder last year that could defend and cross a ball......we now have one.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:08 - Aug 4 with 1919 viewssoupandhoop

you need therapy
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:37 - Aug 4 with 1890 viewssmegma

I thought he was a c*nt before we signed him and I'm now convinced he is. We should never have signed him and since he last shamed our shirt at Citeh he should've been sacked but the PFA and his agent are all too powerful. In todays People Dave Kidd spelt it out in 6 foot high lettering.

" Everton have a long-held and well -earned reputation for being classier than your average football club.So when agent Willie McKay revealed that his lowlife client Joey Barton would be willing ot take pay cut to join the club he supported as a boy,there was dignified silence from GoodisonPark.We trust t will remain that way".
Well said Mr Kidd.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:43 - Aug 4 with 1878 viewsWatfordR

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:46 - Aug 4 by scot1963

I'm with you , it's not about the football for me, what he does on the pitch (and that is nothing spectacular) is overshadowed by the fact that he's a nasty piece of work and always will be - I thought it before he was with us and I haven't changed my opinion

i get abused for saying exactly the same about Redknapp.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:51 - Aug 4 with 1861 viewsWeaverQPR

Just don't let it get to you, move on lifes too short to worrying about Barton.

@WeavQPR

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024