Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect 12:29 - Aug 4 with 12203 viewsQPunkR

disclaimer;this is all IMHO obviously.

I was absolutely flabbergasted by 1,000s of our fans at the game yesterday singing 'one Joey Barton' even before he'd kicked a ball.
This guy has been systematically cúnting the Club off for the past year, saying he wouldn't come back, wouldn't be playing in the Championship, and saying he felt ashamed of himself for signing for us, when he only came for the money.
In addition to that, when he did play 2 seasons ago, he was fúcking abysmal.
The only, single good thing that Scouse waster has done for the Club was get hauled off against Liverpool. He did play reasonably well yesterday, but that is not reason for ppl wanting to w@nk him off. Played one superb ball to Toilett and was generally tidy in posession, but also played some random awful balls straight into touch.
If he'd come back and scored a hattrick or played consistently well after a few games then I could someway understand ppl cheering his name, but to single him out as some kind of saviour above everyone else completely baffles me. I will not forget how he's treated us. He could be bl00dy Pele and I wouldn't want him wearing the Hoops again.

To me the cúnt is one short step above Boswanker.

I'd like to know why everyone, but everyone, hated Boswanker so much and yet can sing 'one Joey Barton'.

One Joey Barton? Thank fúck there aren't more of the cúnt. I just pray to all that's holy that some stupid Turkish or Middle Eastern club comes in and takes him off our hands before the end of the transfer window so we can just wash our hands of the stain, or that he attacks another 14 year old so we can rip up his contract

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:54 - Aug 4 with 1918 viewsQPR1882

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:43 - Aug 4 by WatfordR

i get abused for saying exactly the same about Redknapp.

+ 1
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 22:26 - Aug 4 with 1856 viewsjo_qpr63

Not sure what fans at the game could do ,whatever people think of Barton, you cant ignore him. Booing him would be a disaster for the team morale .
Maybe it was a gamble for Rednapp to play him, but it paid off.
I personally haven't got a problem with him playing.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 22:34 - Aug 4 with 1842 viewsscot1963

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 21:43 - Aug 4 by WatfordR

i get abused for saying exactly the same about Redknapp.

I don't actually recall Redknapp assaulting team mates/passing strangers - it doesn't even come close to a comparison
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 22:39 - Aug 4 with 1834 viewsdaveB

have to agree with the original post, i was baffled as to why people were so excited he was playing before the game and sung his name. I'm glad he wasn't booed but to sing his name like a returning hero was bizarre.

He played well and deserved the ovation he got when he walked off but before the game i just didn't get it and agree with Neil that it sends out a terrible message to SWP and Yun who played all pre season and got dropped for players who are in talks to leave. It worked and we won but it continues to make a mockery of this whole right sort nonsense they are coming out with.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 22:40 - Aug 4 with 1833 viewsTheBlob

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 22:34 - Aug 4 by scot1963

I don't actually recall Redknapp assaulting team mates/passing strangers - it doesn't even come close to a comparison

But don't let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 23:47 - Aug 4 with 1793 viewsTacticalR

Magilton is available on a consultancy basis.

Air hostess clique

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 23:47 - Aug 4 with 1792 viewsDieByYourSide

I found singing his name to be pretty cringeworthy. The bloke has let us down consistently, openly slated us and taken us for a financial ride along the way. Nobody has said he should've been boo'd that argument is a non-starter. Sure, clap him off, he did well for us in the match - even clap him onto the pitch, but ''there's only one Joey Barton''?

Come on...

How silly are we gonna look when we don't let him go to Marseille or whatever the next drama is and he slags us off again?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 23:48]

Poll: And it's hi ho

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 09:22 - Aug 5 with 1738 viewslondonscottish

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 23:47 - Aug 4 by DieByYourSide

I found singing his name to be pretty cringeworthy. The bloke has let us down consistently, openly slated us and taken us for a financial ride along the way. Nobody has said he should've been boo'd that argument is a non-starter. Sure, clap him off, he did well for us in the match - even clap him onto the pitch, but ''there's only one Joey Barton''?

Come on...

How silly are we gonna look when we don't let him go to Marseille or whatever the next drama is and he slags us off again?
[Post edited 4 Aug 2013 23:48]

It's only a matter of time.

I give him a maximum of four weeks before he slags the club on twitter, gets provoked into a red card or stabs someone.

Or possiby all three.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 09:23 - Aug 5 with 1733 viewsRblockPrior

Fingers crossed he stays, would be a massive bonus for us if he puts in a shift each game like sat! My MOTM

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 09:27 - Aug 5 with 1723 viewsElHoop

'One Joey Barton' might not be as inaccurate as some songs though.

I think that we've kind of outJoeyed him though in terms of perversity. If he doesn't go to Marseille then he's almost obliged to put in a decent shift for us.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 09:31 - Aug 5 with 1710 viewsrichranger

Tweets from Barton

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 3 Aug
Didn't expect nor do I deserve that reception from the QPR fans today. Many thanks... #humbled

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 3 Aug
Really enjoyed the game this afternoon. The team is together. Stadium was full and in good voice. Life is good today.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 09:38 - Aug 5 with 1698 viewsjo_qpr63

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 22:39 - Aug 4 by daveB

have to agree with the original post, i was baffled as to why people were so excited he was playing before the game and sung his name. I'm glad he wasn't booed but to sing his name like a returning hero was bizarre.

He played well and deserved the ovation he got when he walked off but before the game i just didn't get it and agree with Neil that it sends out a terrible message to SWP and Yun who played all pre season and got dropped for players who are in talks to leave. It worked and we won but it continues to make a mockery of this whole right sort nonsense they are coming out with.

I think he puts in a shift during training plus matchdays.
He's a gobby git though.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 09:47 - Aug 5 with 1689 viewsloftboy

As far as im concerned the whole team started with a clean slate saturday. Joey put in 100% and played well as well. Get behind the boys in the hoops and it will help with the performance on the pitch. What would of it achieved if we had barracked him?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 09:53 - Aug 5 with 1678 viewsjo_qpr63

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 09:47 - Aug 5 by loftboy

As far as im concerned the whole team started with a clean slate saturday. Joey put in 100% and played well as well. Get behind the boys in the hoops and it will help with the performance on the pitch. What would of it achieved if we had barracked him?

Agree loftboy
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 10:01 - Aug 5 with 1665 viewsfakekerby

I don't understand why there always needs to be a boo boy. We are supposed to support the team - we won our first competitive fixture in ages and i've read more posts about Joey than anything else, and second to that i've read posts criticising Zamora and Henry already, it's just ridiculous really.

And on the flipside, Hoilett is now indispensible... a little perspective is needed really. Give them all 5 games at least!
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 10:06 - Aug 5 with 1659 viewsNorthernr

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 10:01 - Aug 5 by fakekerby

I don't understand why there always needs to be a boo boy. We are supposed to support the team - we won our first competitive fixture in ages and i've read more posts about Joey than anything else, and second to that i've read posts criticising Zamora and Henry already, it's just ridiculous really.

And on the flipside, Hoilett is now indispensible... a little perspective is needed really. Give them all 5 games at least!

If it makes you feel any better it's the same with all sports clubs. Hull FC won a cup quarter final at Catalans and there was a message board thread about the coach Peter Gentle potentially being the best manager they've had in the modern era. A week later they ost at Bradford and there was a 17 page thread on how this inconsistent form has gone on too long and Gentle should probably be sacked. Then they won the cup semi final and now he's a hero again.

Not a lot of middle ground around.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 10:40 - Aug 5 with 1620 viewsAntti_Heinola

No, but Redknapp does have a history of stabbing team mates / colleagues in the back.
See: Bonds, Billy and Johnson, Mel - for starters.

Bare bones.

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 10:56 - Aug 5 with 1598 viewsWatfordR

In comparison to what exactly? Redknapp's in football management for what he can get out of it. Full stop. If in doing that he damages our club, he won't give a toss. If you're comparing nasty pieces of work, Redknapp makes Barton look like Little Red Riding Hood.
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 11:03 - Aug 5 with 1577 viewsJonDoeman

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 10:01 - Aug 5 by fakekerby

Not criticising Zamora, it's not his fault that his body isn't up to it any more. It's a shame cos he used to be bloody good at what he does.
The boo boy to me is the one who signed him, he must have known the situation.

It Is What It Is !!

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 11:06 - Aug 5 with 1571 viewsJonDoeman

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 10:56 - Aug 5 by WatfordR

In comparison to what exactly? Redknapp's in football management for what he can get out of it. Full stop. If in doing that he damages our club, he won't give a toss. If you're comparing nasty pieces of work, Redknapp makes Barton look like Little Red Riding Hood.

No I don't know, can you tell me why you hate him so much , are you a tax man ?
And have you always obsessed about him? CosI never gave Redknapp much thought before he became our manager, always thought his teams played good football though.

It Is What It Is !!

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 11:07 - Aug 5 with 1570 viewsQPRDave

Do you think it'll catch on?
Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 11:17 - Aug 5 with 1557 viewsEastR

The thing we should all remember is that whether we like it or not the views of people who use internet forums like this are not necessarily representative of the wider fan base.
Not everyone is in possession of information on who's 'twitted' what, or has said or done something else as reported on the internet. They form their opinions based on what they know, where they source that knowledge, and of course who they discuss things with. Beyond the bubble people will have a completely different view of the world.
I was surprised at the reaction to Barton too. And couldn't help thinking 'where have you lot been'? But I guess the answer to that question is simply - not the same places as me.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 11:46 - Aug 5 with 1516 viewsQPunkR

To those (and there appear to have been a few of you) asking what would it solve to boo Jesus Barton, no-one at all on this thread has said that.
What has been said is that the full-hearted w@nking off the odious little spiv received was utterly unwarranted. He did indeed have a decent game for the most part on Sat, consisting of one brilliant ball, a couple of nice crosses and various puzzle-worthy/awful passes straight into touch. He deserved a clap from the crowd when exiting the field, but not fans falling over themselves to laud him.

Rather put me in mind of a woman who keeps getting disrespected/beaten down/spat on by her fella, yet still comes back for more every time and won't hear a word said against him by anyone else

QPR - "shit but local"

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 12:19 - Aug 5 with 1488 viewsJonDoeman

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 11:06 - Aug 5 by JonDoeman

No I don't know, can you tell me why you hate him so much , are you a tax man ?
And have you always obsessed about him? CosI never gave Redknapp much thought before he became our manager, always thought his teams played good football though.

Obviously you don't want to explain your obsession!
Maybe give the the Rs, and us a rest, till he goes away would be my advice.

It Is What It Is !!

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 14:04 - Aug 5 with 1461 viewsscot1963

Our fanbase needs to get some self respect on 10:56 - Aug 5 by WatfordR

you're the one who added my comment into your reply and I'm responding to your comment that you say exactly the same thing about Redknapp and get slaughtered - I don't happen to think there is any comparison between the two parties. In addition, this was a thread about Barton and I have made one comment about him, you comment on Redknapp at every given opportunity and you still managed to link him tenuously into this thread and, as Jon says, you are coming across as just a tad obsessive about the man - this is why you get slaughtered - give us all a break. I think we've all managed to work out what you think of him, and when you are proven right then you can tell us all you told us so

PS I don't think you'll find a lot of altruism in football management at this level
[Post edited 5 Aug 2013 14:14]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024