Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
first time 10:58 - Aug 17 with 10952 viewsgwnobull

well today is the day i introduce my 3 year old son Jack Ashworth to his first football match.
Hope he grows up to be a DALE fan like me
first time on 14:39 - Aug 19 with 1988 viewsBarryStrange

first time on 18:24 - Aug 17 by gwnobull

well he enjoyed the game needed the toilet just as we lined up to take penalty so i missed all the action involving the 2 pens
wanted to go home after 80 mins we stayed till 88 mins so he did well fell asleep on way home and wants to watch highlights to see if he's telly,bless him
he wants to go again and i might treat him to an away trip one day

Serious point - how did you tinker with your matchday routine to accommodate him going? Did he follow what was going on or was he not that fussed?

I'm trying to decide when the right time to start bringing my eldest with me is - it's not yet but she'll be 3 and a half by the end of the season so I'm thinking maybe this time next year (already watches it with me on TV from time to time).
first time on 15:42 - Aug 19 with 1939 viewsD_Alien

It's a point of general interest IMO - not least since having a fractious child who's plainly bored with the proceedings sat anywhere near is a real pain in the backside!

Of course, we all want to introduce our kids to the Dale, but kids vary so much in their attention spans and interest in live football. As a general rule, I'd say wait until they've started primary school at least, when they're starting to get used to sitting still for more than 5 minutes!

But I'm not being judgemental on anyone who wants to brings their kids along at the age they feel is appropriate, taking into account the interests of all fans.

[Post edited 19 Aug 2013 15:43]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

first time on 11:23 - Aug 20 with 1760 viewsgwnobull

first time on 14:39 - Aug 19 by BarryStrange

Serious point - how did you tinker with your matchday routine to accommodate him going? Did he follow what was going on or was he not that fussed?

I'm trying to decide when the right time to start bringing my eldest with me is - it's not yet but she'll be 3 and a half by the end of the season so I'm thinking maybe this time next year (already watches it with me on TV from time to time).

i got there a bit later than normal arrived at 2.30 walked around ground took him in club shop then into the ground at 2.50
let him watch the warm up and let him choose were to sit,i had a supply of drinks and sweets for him and let him colour in the programme as the game went on
i pointed out who was who and he liked to spot the number 7 his fav number
all in all he was well behaved and i let him climb under seats from time to time
he asked to go home after 85mins and we left on 88mins

by the way he's 3 and a half to
first time on 12:22 - Aug 20 with 1731 viewsSalwaDale

There is no right or wrong. I took my eldest when he was two and we sat right at the front away from everyone so he had a little space to play, which he did. We then soon moved back and he was big enough to watch the game. I took my youngest a little earlier than that and never had a problem with him sitting and watching.

TBBT

first time on 14:58 - Aug 20 with 1696 viewsMass_Debater

first time on 11:23 - Aug 20 by gwnobull

i got there a bit later than normal arrived at 2.30 walked around ground took him in club shop then into the ground at 2.50
let him watch the warm up and let him choose were to sit,i had a supply of drinks and sweets for him and let him colour in the programme as the game went on
i pointed out who was who and he liked to spot the number 7 his fav number
all in all he was well behaved and i let him climb under seats from time to time
he asked to go home after 85mins and we left on 88mins

by the way he's 3 and a half to

Must have missed it but who did you say you got the free ticket off?
first time on 18:51 - Aug 20 with 1638 viewsR17ALE

first time on 14:58 - Aug 20 by Mass_Debater

Must have missed it but who did you say you got the free ticket off?

Tbf, I think he answered that in his post.

"i got there a bit later than normal arrived at 2.30 walked around ground took him in club shop then into the ground"

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

first time on 19:44 - Aug 20 with 1597 viewsMH1

Bet he cant wait till he is old enough to go and watch another team.
first time on 20:00 - Aug 20 with 1575 viewsD_Alien

first time on 19:44 - Aug 20 by MH1

Bet he cant wait till he is old enough to go and watch another team.

How much are you willing to bet, bigmouth?

Login to get fewer ads

first time on 20:03 - Aug 20 with 1564 viewsD_Alien

Waiting...

first time on 20:03 - Aug 20 with 1560 viewsMH1

Social Services seem to be lacking these days.
first time on 20:05 - Aug 20 with 1554 viewsD_Alien

first time on 20:03 - Aug 20 by MH1

Social Services seem to be lacking these days.

That is so piss poor. Don't come on here shouting the odds unless you've got something interesting to say.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2013 20:05]

first time on 20:05 - Aug 20 with 1550 viewsMH1

I only trust the online bookmakers for honouring bets,not someone i have never met.If the bet was available on skybet,i would take it.
first time on 20:07 - Aug 20 with 1544 viewsD_Alien

first time on 20:05 - Aug 20 by MH1

I only trust the online bookmakers for honouring bets,not someone i have never met.If the bet was available on skybet,i would take it.

And yet you expect people you've never met to be remotely interested in your shite rambling?

first time on 20:08 - Aug 20 with 1536 viewsMH1

More interesting than the rest of the shite posted on here.
first time on 20:10 - Aug 20 with 1532 viewsMH1

My Father took me to Rochdale as a nipper.Soon grew out of it in my teens.
first time on 20:12 - Aug 20 with 1275 viewsD_Alien

first time on 20:10 - Aug 20 by MH1

My Father took me to Rochdale as a nipper.Soon grew out of it in my teens.

I guess you'll always be a disappointment to your father

first time on 20:14 - Aug 20 with 1266 viewsMH1

If rejecting Rochdale,then yes.
first time on 20:15 - Aug 20 with 1260 viewsMass_Debater

first time on 20:08 - Aug 20 by MH1

More interesting than the rest of the shite posted on here.

I'll give it an hour and that's being generous.
first time on 20:18 - Aug 20 with 1254 viewsMH1

No parent should take a very young child to a game until that child can make up his own mind.Ishould never have been "forced" to Rochdale at 3 years old. Iwill never forgive him for that as i am scarred for life with that stigma.
first time on 20:18 - Aug 20 with 1246 viewsMass_Debater

first time on 20:18 - Aug 20 by MH1

No parent should take a very young child to a game until that child can make up his own mind.Ishould never have been "forced" to Rochdale at 3 years old. Iwill never forgive him for that as i am scarred for life with that stigma.

It shows.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024