Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Deserved 18:39 - Sep 7 with 9041 viewsGambo

Full credit , Hill outwitted his rival and your football was a credit to the Division .
Unfortunately you won't come across such a weak spirited opponent every week .
Deserved on 11:52 - Sep 8 with 1907 viewsTalkingSutty

Deserved on 11:49 - Sep 8 by maybee

Whilst I'm very pleased to have won the game and kept a clean sheet, it won't go down as a footballing classic.

The referee can take some blame for brandishing early yellow cards, but at the same time, Dale players were guilty of several stupid fouls all bar one of which were worthy of yellows. No complaints regarding the sending off. it was a tackle that shouldn't have been attempted by Vincenti.

Dale were comfortably the better footballing team and created almost all the chances, both before and after being reduced to ten men. I thought bury were poor...constantly giving the ball away when in decent areas of the pitch. I also thought that they looked dodgy in defence, and had Hogan been able to push on more, he would have caused their two lumbering centre backs real problems.
Their basic problem though was that they didn't know how to get at us, and only when Grimes came on did they have a clear sight at goal.

Thought that our best players were Lancashire & O Connell, closely followed by Lund, who recovered well after an un Lund like opening to the game.
BBM had an anonymous first half, but did very well in the second half.

Special praise to George D. That was as good a shift as I've seen him play, and he looked knackered when he was subbed. Anyone who can't see how important he was to the team might as well give up.

I have to say that I thought Bennett had a mare until the last quarter of the game. He can and should be doing much better with reading the game and distribution.

Finally, regarding Grimes....when he came on, a large percentage of the Main Stand booed him. I honestly can't remember the last former Dale player to be booed on a return. One for TVOS?

Barry Diamond??
Deserved on 12:08 - Sep 8 with 1849 viewsRalphs12

I don't understand the booing of grimes to be honest. He was released and was picked up by a local club.... Has he said something regarding us/the management/ the club, that I have missed?
Deserved on 12:19 - Sep 8 with 1836 viewsTVOS1907

Whilst I'm very pleased to have won the game and kept a clean sheet, it won't go down as a footballing classic.

The referee can take some blame for brandishing early yellow cards, but at the same time, Dale players were guilty of several stupid fouls all bar one of which were worthy of yellows. No complaints regarding the sending off. it was a tackle that shouldn't have been attempted by Vincenti.

Dale were comfortably the better footballing team and created almost all the chances, both before and after being reduced to ten men. I thought bury were poor...constantly giving the ball away when in decent areas of the pitch. I also thought that they looked dodgy in defence, and had Hogan been able to push on more, he would have caused their two lumbering centre backs real problems.
Their basic problem though was that they didn't know how to get at us, and only when Grimes came on did they have a clear sight at goal.

Thought that our best players were Lancashire & O Connell, closely followed by Lund, who recovered well after an un Lund like opening to the game.

Special praise to George D. That was as good a shift as I've seen him play, and he looked knackered when he was subbed. Anyone who can't see how important he was to the team might as well give up.

I have to say that I thought Bennett had a mare until the last quarter of the game. He can and should be doing much better with reading the game and distribution.

Finally, regarding Grimes....when he came on, a large percentage of the Main Stand booed him. I honestly can't remember the last former Dale player to be booed on a return. One for TVOS?

Probably someone like Trotman last season.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Deserved on 12:23 - Sep 8 with 1823 viewsColDale

did you grit your teeth when you praised BBM there?
Deserved on 12:31 - Sep 8 with 1796 viewsAtThePeake

Who was the last ex-Daley to return?

The Main Stand boos pretty much every ex-Daley who comes back!
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 12:31]

Tangled up in blue.

Deserved on 12:34 - Sep 8 with 1789 viewsdale_spotland

Deserved on 12:08 - Sep 8 by Ralphs12

I don't understand the booing of grimes to be honest. He was released and was picked up by a local club.... Has he said something regarding us/the management/ the club, that I have missed?

I think it's mainly the lack of effort and a lot of people seem to think he's a bit of a prick, seems a nice lad to me, I was walking over the ground going to the pub at around half 5 and grimes was stood next to the bury coach on his phone texting away and I approached him shook his hand and had a bit of a chat, he said we deserved the win and hopes we go up this season along with Bury. I never agree with booing a former player but if I was to boo, it would be for a player like Grimes who just didnt appear to have the desire or effort, the only things that really irritate me in a player, think that would probably be why the odd person let out a boo or two.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Deserved on 12:37 - Sep 8 with 1777 viewsgigger

Team spirit 1 spineless 0
I think your players knew what playing in a derby meant to the fans but it just another match to some of ours.
Great support from both sets of fans and good atmosphere as well. Disappointing on paper to lose to a team with 10 men but facts are I don't think we threatened your goal at all.
So tactics wise hill won easily.
We've been scoring goals and looking really classy recently so the gameplan 2nd half seemed to snub us out quite easily.
I'm still fuming but fair play to have 10 men for an hour and still win a deby game is last laugh to you!!!!!!!

What's happened to kel ???

Deserved on 12:45 - Sep 8 with 1749 viewsBFC

Can't argue with the result, the best team definitely won, no complaints there.
Credit to Hilly, he got it spot on, well done.
Login to get fewer ads

Deserved on 12:47 - Sep 8 with 1729 viewsTVOS1907

Deserved on 12:31 - Sep 8 by AtThePeake

Who was the last ex-Daley to return?

The Main Stand boos pretty much every ex-Daley who comes back!
[Post edited 8 Sep 2013 12:31]

Chesterfield had Richards and Ryan Edwards.

Can't remember if they got a "Welcome Back to Spotland".

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Deserved on 17:03 - Sep 8 with 1588 viewsChaffRAFC

Deserved on 23:33 - Sep 7 by TommoRAFC

Don't think BBM put a foot or head wrong all game today, he was superb.

Spot on Action Man. BBM was a contender for Man of the Match for me, with Henderson, Donnelly and O'Connell as well all playing superbly.

BBM got better as the game went on but was superb second half and provided that cool head we desperately need to play in front of the back four in Cavanagh's absence.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024