Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three points 17:10 - Sep 14 with 10082 viewsColDale

Not one to be watched on DVD again, but a very welcome three points. Stepped up a gear at half time when it looked like it could have gone either way but after the break, I don't think we looked in danger of losing but was just whether we could score or not.

Thought our two central defenders were our best players today.
Three points on 23:42 - Sep 14 with 3017 viewssweetcorn

Three points on 23:36 - Sep 14 by Mass_Debater

Why does he have to 'behave'? It's just an opinion, like when some people thought Coleman should have stayed.

Suggesting that our centre halves perform better with BBM in the team is one of the best things i've heard. maybe its just the fact two fairly talented players are playing together and gaining an understanding of each others game, allowing them to play better as a cohesive unit?

As for coleman, we'll never know whether he should have stayed or not? he didnt get the opportunity to carry out what he planned and see a full season. how can you definitively say sacking coleman was the right option on the pitch. you can't. end of discussion.

Now you gonna add something or post something equally as retarded as yourself?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Three points on 23:42 - Sep 14 with 3017 viewssandylaner1

Three points on 23:30 - Sep 14 by sweetcorn

Behave.

BBM was average at best today, gave the ball away a fair few times again and for me shouldn't be seen again this season now that we have dicker and cav (when fit) ahead of him. Not the grade for me, he's as old as beech's chin crevice is deep. Still fully expect BDMC to come on and say man of the match and should be awarded POTY now.

Will take this 1-0 win, this is the sort of win which shows which sort of side we are, its ok rolling over the shite teams, but grinding out a 1-0 win against awkward opposition who never really looked to come and attack, speaks volumes for me about this team. Defence is looking solid (minus lillis' flapping which hasnt been mentioned), we know enough about the midfields quality already, plus matty 'down' looking decent again. just something missing upfront still. COGBA on loan anyone?

Three points on 23:45 - Sep 14 with 3004 viewssweetcorn

Three points on 23:42 - Sep 14 by sandylaner1

Dat line was a treat just for you.

soon.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Three points on 23:52 - Sep 14 with 2978 viewsmacro

Three points on 23:42 - Sep 14 by sweetcorn

Suggesting that our centre halves perform better with BBM in the team is one of the best things i've heard. maybe its just the fact two fairly talented players are playing together and gaining an understanding of each others game, allowing them to play better as a cohesive unit?

As for coleman, we'll never know whether he should have stayed or not? he didnt get the opportunity to carry out what he planned and see a full season. how can you definitively say sacking coleman was the right option on the pitch. you can't. end of discussion.

All you have to do is look at the decline the club was in under Coleman the attitude if the players, apathy of the supporters etc getting rid of Coleman was an easy decision
Three points on 23:52 - Sep 14 with 2978 viewsColDale

Three points on 23:42 - Sep 14 by sandylaner1

you need to delete your avatar then change it back six hours later
Three points on 23:58 - Sep 14 with 2954 viewsD_Alien

Three points on 23:30 - Sep 14 by sweetcorn

Behave.

BBM was average at best today, gave the ball away a fair few times again and for me shouldn't be seen again this season now that we have dicker and cav (when fit) ahead of him. Not the grade for me, he's as old as beech's chin crevice is deep. Still fully expect BDMC to come on and say man of the match and should be awarded POTY now.

Will take this 1-0 win, this is the sort of win which shows which sort of side we are, its ok rolling over the shite teams, but grinding out a 1-0 win against awkward opposition who never really looked to come and attack, speaks volumes for me about this team. Defence is looking solid (minus lillis' flapping which hasnt been mentioned), we know enough about the midfields quality already, plus matty 'down' looking decent again. just something missing upfront still. COGBA on loan anyone?

"...lillis' flapping which hasnt been mentioned),"

Mentioned it at 17.51 on this thread

But I've gotta find summat to disagree with you about

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Three points on 00:03 - Sep 15 with 2935 viewsMass_Debater

I agree with you re the BBM comment, but the 'behave' was unnecessary.

Coleman was an awful manager who was ruining the club.

The rest of your post is pathetic. Aren't you able to debate without being abusive?
Three points on 00:04 - Sep 15 with 2927 viewssandylaner1

Three points on 23:52 - Sep 14 by ColDale

you need to delete your avatar then change it back six hours later

aware
Login to get fewer ads

Three points on 08:26 - Sep 15 with 2844 viewsTTNYear

How you can say that the centre halves DON'T perform better is also a little presumptuous. Without going all 'Big Dave'. BBM is a good option to have as he is one of the few players who always provides an outlet and keeps things simple. Yep he'll give the ball away sporadically, because he sees so much of It. As he is a defensive midfielder then he will help the defensive unit. Whether he's better than what we have in reserve is another issue. But yesterday he was the only person available to play the role, that he played well at last week. He played pretty well yesterday and did what he was asked. He was replaced with a different type of midfielder, who shows great promise. It's as simple or as complicated as that.

Your Coleman comments though I disagree with totally. So it's not 'the end of the discussion'. Ironically it's what was happening off the pitch which was affecting stuff on it. A gambling culture that wasn't great for young players. A team full of scousers. In fighting. Surprising messagebourd visits by players/players dads.... Need I go on? If you don't like my opinion then lets go with the numerous clubs that have dispensed with their managers since Coleman has become available (Torquay for one). It's not coincidence that he's still without a job in league football.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2013 8:27]

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Three points on 10:14 - Sep 15 with 2740 viewsSuddenLad

I can't believe anyone in a responsible position at ANY Football League club would ever employ John Coleman in the future.

This club's reputation was on the way to being completely destroyed both on and off the field, as a result of the gambling culture he engendered and the on-field shenanigans, attitudes and tactics of some players. That was HIS responsibility, he introduced it and this club was on a permanent downward spiral the longer he stayed.

When several professional players openly say that their manager isn't fit to manage the Dog & Duck reserves, you have to listen. They can't all be wrong.

It is hard to imagine how he could have caused more damage in such a short space of time.

No-one can defend the indefensible.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Three points on 10:40 - Sep 15 with 2703 viewsTVOS1907

Three points on 08:26 - Sep 15 by TTNYear

How you can say that the centre halves DON'T perform better is also a little presumptuous. Without going all 'Big Dave'. BBM is a good option to have as he is one of the few players who always provides an outlet and keeps things simple. Yep he'll give the ball away sporadically, because he sees so much of It. As he is a defensive midfielder then he will help the defensive unit. Whether he's better than what we have in reserve is another issue. But yesterday he was the only person available to play the role, that he played well at last week. He played pretty well yesterday and did what he was asked. He was replaced with a different type of midfielder, who shows great promise. It's as simple or as complicated as that.

Your Coleman comments though I disagree with totally. So it's not 'the end of the discussion'. Ironically it's what was happening off the pitch which was affecting stuff on it. A gambling culture that wasn't great for young players. A team full of scousers. In fighting. Surprising messagebourd visits by players/players dads.... Need I go on? If you don't like my opinion then lets go with the numerous clubs that have dispensed with their managers since Coleman has become available (Torquay for one). It's not coincidence that he's still without a job in league football.

This.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Three points on 12:32 - Sep 15 with 2587 viewsTiki_Beach

Three points on 08:26 - Sep 15 by TTNYear

Completely agree with what you have put.

Whats all this about a "gambling culture" though? I know Coleman has had history during his Accy days. Have I missed something?
Three points on 12:50 - Sep 15 with 2548 viewsjudd

Three points on 12:32 - Sep 15 by Tiki_Beach

Completely agree with what you have put.

Whats all this about a "gambling culture" though? I know Coleman has had history during his Accy days. Have I missed something?

You bet you have

Poll: What is it to be then?

Three points on 13:29 - Sep 15 with 2503 viewsAtThePeake

Ridiculous post.

Once again, someone disagrees and so you throw some abuse their way. Unnecessary and unwelcome on this board.

As for the Coleman comment, if there is one Rochdale fan that thinks we'd be better off with Coleman as manager than Hill then I'm yet to meet him.

Tangled up in blue.

Three points on 15:09 - Sep 15 with 2419 viewsBigDaveMyCock

What are you getting so irate about?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Three points on 15:31 - Sep 15 with 2160 viewspnc4eva1

Coleman was a complete buffoon. He had a limited tactical knowledge and signed players who were not of a high enough calibre. As for Coleman, he had a full year in the post. In that time he had managed to have a record in league 1 that was similar if not worse than that of Eyre. He had removed an experience club Captain to another club (who went to Wembley and got promoted) and signed some mediocre players.

Keith Hill has already started to transform the fitness levels and style of play. It will take a long time to rectify the damage done by primitive management and training techniques from the Coleman regime.

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Three points on 15:37 - Sep 15 with 2154 viewsjudd

Coleman, apparently, introduced a beer fridge into the dressing room.

Three points on 15:41 - Sep 15 with 2146 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Three points on 15:37 - Sep 15 by judd

Coleman, apparently, introduced a beer fridge into the dressing room.

I bet you he didn't.

I'll give 4-1 I can't say fairer than that la.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Three points on 15:46 - Sep 15 with 2131 viewsjudd

Two monkeys and a ponys trap on that soft lad.

Three points on 15:57 - Sep 15 with 2113 viewsdebbiesfella

Three points on 23:39 - Sep 14 by SalwaDale

Hery excites every time he gets on the ball but I think his game will require some big improvements before he is good enough to regularly start games. I do expect it to happen though.

Hery won every ball he went in for unfortunately he then gave it away again, but I agree he will improve.
Three points on 16:54 - Sep 15 with 2029 viewsD_Alien

Three points on 15:31 - Sep 15 by pnc4eva1

Coleman was a complete buffoon. He had a limited tactical knowledge and signed players who were not of a high enough calibre. As for Coleman, he had a full year in the post. In that time he had managed to have a record in league 1 that was similar if not worse than that of Eyre. He had removed an experience club Captain to another club (who went to Wembley and got promoted) and signed some mediocre players.

Keith Hill has already started to transform the fitness levels and style of play. It will take a long time to rectify the damage done by primitive management and training techniques from the Coleman regime.

Why will it take a long time? From the end of last season, the damage-limitation exercise ended and the new KH regime started with a clean slate.

There is very little legacy of Coleman-Bell left at the club, except a heightened awareness of what can go wrong so quickly in the wrong hands.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024