Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dunphy 19:20 - Oct 19 with 5849 viewsNotEyreClue

I was pretty vocal in my criticism of Dunphy with regards to the Eyre situation and so I feel it's only good and proper to praise him when he's done something very very right.

From having the nous to appoint Hill the first time round, to sacking Coleman and bringing him back to the club for his second spell. Add that to the length of contract that he offered Hill and the budget he made available, (which Hill said he was very satisfied with) I'd like to go on record and say a massive thanks to our chairman.

It's great to be a Rochdale fan again and I honestly have a really good feeling about this year (hope I'm not wrong!) Obviously we have a fantastic squad now and in my opinion, the best manager in the division but without a good deal of foresight from the Dunphy, a lot of what we're seeing on and off the pitch now may not have happened.

So once again, from one proper Dale fan to another, thankyou Chris for all your hard work.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Dunphy on 19:26 - Oct 19 with 5804 viewshxdale

How about a song for Dunphy on Tuesday...?
Dunphy on 19:55 - Oct 19 with 5674 viewsBigKindo

Go on then. What rhymes with Dunphy? Step in RKershaw.
Dunphy on 20:45 - Oct 19 with 5512 viewsdaleuxb

chris dunphy sat on the wall
chris dunphy had a great fall
all keith hills men came along
and put the dale back together again

crap I know sorry
Dunphy on 22:25 - Oct 19 with 5342 viewsdalefertcup2

Dunphy on 20:45 - Oct 19 by daleuxb

crap I know sorry

not crap at all just needs a polish maybe?

Christopher dunphy saw some crap football
christopher dunphy sacked Coleman and all
All keith hills forces and all keith hills men
Came and put Rochdale together again

probably no better sorry
Dunphy on 22:41 - Oct 19 with 5297 viewsSuddenLad

There once was a Chairman called Chris
Who realised things were amiss
He sacked Coleman and Bell
Got Keith back as well
Can it get much better than this ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Dunphy on 00:56 - Oct 20 with 5138 viewsHopwoodblue

Dunphy on 22:41 - Oct 19 by SuddenLad

There once was a Chairman called Chris
Who realised things were amiss
He sacked Coleman and Bell
Got Keith back as well
Can it get much better than this ?

We once had a man called Coleman
Who's manager skills were a sham
He then got the sack
We got our Keith back
And soon we'll be playing at West Ham

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dunphy on 05:55 - Oct 20 with 5056 viewsD_Alien

Great OP NEC

And here's my ditty:

Chris Dunphy is chairman of Dale
Who we follow whilst supping our ale
We had Coleman and Eyre
And were having a mare
But with Hilly we never did fail

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dunphy on 09:05 - Oct 20 with 4952 viewsrochdale1

Dunphy on 20:45 - Oct 19 by daleuxb

crap I know sorry

Dunphy give us a wave
Login to get fewer ads

Dunphy on 09:20 - Oct 20 with 4918 viewsBartRowou

Dunphy on 09:05 - Oct 20 by rochdale1

Dunphy give us a wave

Dunpho Dunpho Dunpho

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Dunphy (n/t) on 12:57 - Oct 20 with 4699 viewsAtThePeake

[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 13:16]

Tangled up in blue.

Dunphy on 14:53 - Oct 20 with 4615 viewsNewbury_Dale

Jury still out for me. Where would we be now if Keith hadnt returned ? It doesnt bare thinking about. And the club is still not particularly effective marketing itself to the wider public IMO. These sort of things should come from the top.
Dunphy on 15:19 - Oct 20 with 4561 viewsrobbowood

Surely it's a case of thanking Chris (and the rest of the board) for bringing back Keith Hill when they did. We all make mistakes in life and with hindsight we should never have appointed Eyre and Coleman. But things don't work out like that. It's thanks to the previous chairman (not least Messrs Radcliffe and Kirkpatrick) along with Chris that we still have a football league club at all. We could easily be in the same boat as Stockport County (or even out of existence) if it wasn't for the board ensuring the club is run on a sound basis over all these years

OK we all know that things may be better in marketing the club but we are competing with Utd, City, Bury, Oldham, Bolton to name but five clubs a short distance away. In my opinion 99.9% of the supporters who watch the Dale will come regardless of whether we market the club or not. If we offered free admission for the rest of the season I doubt if we would get an extra 100 fans for the less attractive games

I am a Dale shareholder and I can assure you that there is no one who cares more about the club than Chris (along with the rest of the board). He has had to put up with a lot of criticism (unfair in my opinion) on this forum in recent times - not least when Coleman was manager and the standard of football we had to watch was dire. But he was suffering along with the rest of us I can assure you!!!!

Whether we get promoted or not this season thank god we have someone like Chris as chairman (I can assure you I am not related to him in any way !)
Dunphy on 16:51 - Oct 20 with 4460 viewsTalkingSutty

Best post in ages that.I think the large majority of Dale fans appreciate having Chris as Chairman. I hope he stays in his post for many years to come.
Dunphy on 16:56 - Oct 20 with 4440 viewshxdale

Dunphy on 09:20 - Oct 20 by BartRowou

Dunpho Dunpho Dunpho

Dunphy give us wave Dunphy Dunphy give us wave.... We need to do it Tuesday...
Dunphy on 17:35 - Oct 20 with 4372 viewsBFC

Fair play to NotEyreClue for coming on and eating humble pie for his disparaging remarks about the chair, it takes muchas cahunas to admit you were wrong!
I must say however, if I were a 'dale fan, the last person in the whole world I would criticize is Dunphy.
He always comes across as a decent bloke, with the best interests of the club at heart, and more importantly than that with both feet firmly planted on the ground.
So whatever else happens my advice would be to stay firmly behind him.
Dunphy on 18:25 - Oct 20 with 4301 viewsTalkingSutty

When you look at the supporters owned clubs, the majority of those are non league clubs and the odd one or two in the football league have far better home attendances than we have, so i am glad we have the current set up at Rochdale.

It all sounds very romantic to be a fans owned club but when you are struggling to get attendances of 2500 every week lets be realistic about things, having a good Chairman and directors who can dig deep should the need arise is a good thing. Well lets put it this way, if it wasnt for the presence of past Chairman and directors there wouldnt be a league team in Rochdale and thats not being dramatic.

I think the presence of a supporter (wether that be a trust member or not is immaterial) on the board would be a good thing and would help to bridge the gap between the boardroom and the support base. The worst thing that can happen at a club of our size is for a "us and them" to develop between the fans and the boardroom.

I have always been of the view that our main function as fans is to support the players on the pitch and try to raise money for the club, but i must admit i sometimes wonder wether the fans efforts are taken for granted.

The supporters trust do a good job but the members only represent about 15% of our fanbase,more members would give the trust a louder voice.
Dunphy on 18:37 - Oct 20 with 4265 viewsBigKindo

Some excellent poetic efforts but nobody has yet found a rhyming word for Dunphy. Could do better.
Dunphy on 18:41 - Oct 20 with 4252 viewsTalkingSutty

Dunphy on 18:37 - Oct 20 by BigKindo

Some excellent poetic efforts but nobody has yet found a rhyming word for Dunphy. Could do better.

Comfy, comfy Dunphy, comfy Dunphy. Theres no limit, no no, no, no, no, no.....

First time i`ve tried one of these,sorry !!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Dunphy on 18:44 - Oct 20 with 4240 viewsBigKindo

Dunphy on 18:41 - Oct 20 by TalkingSutty

Comfy, comfy Dunphy, comfy Dunphy. Theres no limit, no no, no, no, no, no.....

First time i`ve tried one of these,sorry !!

This post has been edited by an administrator

Sorry point deducted for a misspelling of Dunphy.
Dunphy on 18:47 - Oct 20 with 4235 viewsTalkingSutty

Dunphy on 18:44 - Oct 20 by BigKindo

Sorry point deducted for a misspelling of Dunphy.

Blame it on the Argentinian red wine, its bloody strong stuff!!
Dunphy on 20:35 - Oct 20 with 4127 viewsNorthernSou1

This chant would work for Chris

Chris Dunphy my lord, Chris Dunphy, Chris Dunphy my lord, Chris Dunphy, Chris Dunphy my lord, Chris Dunphy, ohhhhhh lord Chris Dunphy!

Can someone post the video of City fans doing a similar chant for Sheikh Mansour, I've tried but can't seem to do it!
[Post edited 20 Oct 2013 20:42]
Dunphy on 22:11 - Oct 20 with 4022 viewsHopwoodblue

The facts are this, none of us have the right to criticise anyone at this level for being a chairman of a football club they love , Chris Dunphy is the envy of us all, a Dale fan who is putting his money where his mouth is. He is aloud to make mistakes because every mistake he makes he feels it more than we do because he's trying to do his best on behalf of every Dale fan, and that's a big responsiblity

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Dunphy on 22:35 - Oct 20 with 3977 viewsTalkingSutty

Dunphy on 22:11 - Oct 20 by Hopwoodblue

The facts are this, none of us have the right to criticise anyone at this level for being a chairman of a football club they love , Chris Dunphy is the envy of us all, a Dale fan who is putting his money where his mouth is. He is aloud to make mistakes because every mistake he makes he feels it more than we do because he's trying to do his best on behalf of every Dale fan, and that's a big responsiblity

Thats the problem with forums though, we all sit in judgement and god forbid that somebody makes a mistake or appoints the wrong manager. Look at how many managers are sacked over a season and that tells you how difficult it is choosing the right man.

I think its also conveniently forgotten sometimes that it was Hilly who decided to leave the club and not the Chairmans doing. In an ideal world Hilly would have stayed put and Eyre and Coleman would never have happened.

When Eyre and Coleman were appointed i dont remember too many fans complaining at the time so its a bit rich trying to point the finger at the Chairman when it doesnt work out!!
Dunphy on 22:55 - Oct 20 with 3941 viewsNotEyreClue

Dunphy on 17:35 - Oct 20 by BFC

Fair play to NotEyreClue for coming on and eating humble pie for his disparaging remarks about the chair, it takes muchas cahunas to admit you were wrong!
I must say however, if I were a 'dale fan, the last person in the whole world I would criticize is Dunphy.
He always comes across as a decent bloke, with the best interests of the club at heart, and more importantly than that with both feet firmly planted on the ground.

To be perfectly honest I'm not admitting I was wrong. I still feel the same way about the situation but in my defence, I wasn't too scathing in my criticism, but was probably a bit too vociferous with regards to the way I did it. I've always known (and still do) that Dunphy has the club's interests a heart and that he's a proper football man, owing to the fact that I know a few people who are pretty close to him. As things are right now, he deserves the success probably more than anyone else at the club and so he deserves every plaudit coming his way (as does King Keith of course)

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Dunphy on 14:56 - Oct 21 with 3764 viewsTomRAFC

Dunphy on 17:35 - Oct 20 by BFC

Well said.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024