Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. 17:09 - Nov 23 with 7371 viewsqprno1fan

with the talent at our disposal we should be smashing teams 3 or 4 most weeks. Why oh why does Harry insist on one up front at home. We are now officially the most boring team on the planet.

We won and kept a clean sheet but we need to do better at the other end.
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:13 - Nov 23 with 3594 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Wouldn't call it abysmal. While I agree two up front could be a better option we are still winning and dominating teams. Bit over the top to call it 'abysmal'

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:14 - Nov 23 with 3588 viewsQPRDave

Awful init.............f*ckin 1-0 wins ...(sarcasm)
[Post edited 23 Nov 2013 17:43]
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:31 - Nov 23 with 3480 viewsQPR_Nippon

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:13 - Nov 23 by RANGERS4EVER

Wouldn't call it abysmal. While I agree two up front could be a better option we are still winning and dominating teams. Bit over the top to call it 'abysmal'

I've never been a staunch advocate of 4-4-2 but we were more comfortable - and threatening - once Johnson came on. His intelligent running and movement helps us link the play between the midfield and Charlie Austin far more effectively. All our best chances in the 2nd half came after Johnson came on.
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:35 - Nov 23 with 3452 viewsNov77

41 league games under harry:

Scored 2 in a game 11 times.
Zero or a single goal 29 times.
Scored more than two..........

.........once vs sunderland (we got 3).

Btw, I don't blame harry. We just don't have natural goalscorers, you wouldn't put money on many of them to finish a chance when it comes along.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:40 - Nov 23 with 3431 viewsdolcelatte

I take it the OP never saw us get promoted under Venables then..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:41 - Nov 23 with 3427 viewsjoolsyp

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:31 - Nov 23 by QPR_Nippon

I've never been a staunch advocate of 4-4-2 but we were more comfortable - and threatening - once Johnson came on. His intelligent running and movement helps us link the play between the midfield and Charlie Austin far more effectively. All our best chances in the 2nd half came after Johnson came on.

To play 4-4-2 you need 2 excellent midfielders who are box to box. We have Barton but our other midfielders (Henry, O'Neill and the friendly ghost) are mediocre and more comfortable in a 5-2-3-1.

That said I thought Henry did well when he came on but he needs to learn to play the ball quicker and drive forward occasionally. It's a shame Samba Diakite is not fulfilling his promise as he could play in a central two I reckon.
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:42 - Nov 23 with 3409 viewsNov77

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:40 - Nov 23 by dolcelatte

I take it the OP never saw us get promoted under Venables then..

I don't think you did either, we scored plenty that season (77) at an average of nearly two a game, we're barely averaging 1 a game so far this season.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2013 17:44]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:54 - Nov 23 with 3349 viewscheeseydane

Love the way this thread is twisted to only show attacking stats. Defence is at least as important....yet nothing.

Nothing more pissing off to other teams when a team wins 1-0 all the time. Personally, i love it.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Login to get fewer ads

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:56 - Nov 23 with 3334 viewsNov77

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:54 - Nov 23 by cheeseydane

Love the way this thread is twisted to only show attacking stats. Defence is at least as important....yet nothing.

Nothing more pissing off to other teams when a team wins 1-0 all the time. Personally, i love it.

If we go up it'll be because of our defence more than anything.

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:02 - Nov 23 with 3296 viewscheeseydane

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:56 - Nov 23 by Nov77

If we go up it'll be because of our defence more than anything.

Yup, whatever...suits me.

Win 1-0, win 5-3, its 3 points at the end of the day.

Just love the way it p.sses other teams off. I like that.

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:03 - Nov 23 with 3294 viewsGloucs_R

Poll: Are we staying up?

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:12 - Nov 23 with 3240 viewsTheBlob

"Abysmal"
Jesus H.F*cking Christ on a bike going past Hitler's house.
"We" already.......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:21 - Nov 23 with 3186 viewsdolcelatte

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:42 - Nov 23 by Nov77

I don't think you did either, we scored plenty that season (77) at an average of nearly two a game, we're barely averaging 1 a game so far this season.

Yep almost every game and we were pretty boring in most of them.

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:24 - Nov 23 with 3175 viewsNW5Hoop

I wouldn't go as far as "abysmal", but — while a lot more enjoyable than the last two seasons — it's really not a lot of fun, is it? I want to look forward to Saturday afternoons, and there's not a lot to look forward to when you know it's going to be another 1-0 win with a load of square passing in the middle.
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:51 - Nov 23 with 3050 viewsQPR_Nippon

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:24 - Nov 23 by NW5Hoop

I wouldn't go as far as "abysmal", but — while a lot more enjoyable than the last two seasons — it's really not a lot of fun, is it? I want to look forward to Saturday afternoons, and there's not a lot to look forward to when you know it's going to be another 1-0 win with a load of square passing in the middle.

Feels a bit churlish to complain too much though - 3 points and a goal that was worth the entrance fee on its own.
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:58 - Nov 23 with 3015 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

We should be scoring more.
We should be aging 442.
We're third in the league!
We're only third in the league because we haven't scored five more goals which should be well within our range.
We're third in the league because we've done enough to earn the points by winning the majority of our wins by 1 goal.

I'm annoyed we don't score more when I think we really could if we attacked more. Then again, if we did that would we find the team loses more and some of those 1-0s become 0-0s or even 0-1s? I thought we'd be shît his season and be struggling away at the bottom end of the table and having a truly miserable time of it. Now the season ain't over but it's a hell of a lot better than I ever imagined it would be at this stage, so I'll take the wins in any form they come and love that it is another clean sheet but with Johnson now back and getting a little time maybe we'll have that attacking edge for however long the blutack and pva keeps him in one piece!
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:58 - Nov 23 with 3010 viewssmegma

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:14 - Nov 23 by QPRDave

Awful init.............f*ckin 1-0 wins ...(sarcasm)
[Post edited 23 Nov 2013 17:43]

Actually it was abysmal. So I've heard.
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:59 - Nov 23 with 2998 viewsCamberleyR

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 17:42 - Nov 23 by Nov77

We had our share of 1-0 wins that season too (8) plus three 0-0 draws. Whilst TV was a top coach and manager, that offside trap was a little bit hard to watch at times.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 19:00 - Nov 23 with 2998 viewskensalriser

Top tw@ttery from Dat Moron. Classic.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 19:02 - Nov 23 with 2980 viewsthame_hoops

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:58 - Nov 23 by Pablo_Hoopsta

We should be scoring more.
We should be aging 442.
We're third in the league!
We're only third in the league because we haven't scored five more goals which should be well within our range.
We're third in the league because we've done enough to earn the points by winning the majority of our wins by 1 goal.

I'm annoyed we don't score more when I think we really could if we attacked more. Then again, if we did that would we find the team loses more and some of those 1-0s become 0-0s or even 0-1s? I thought we'd be shît his season and be struggling away at the bottom end of the table and having a truly miserable time of it. Now the season ain't over but it's a hell of a lot better than I ever imagined it would be at this stage, so I'll take the wins in any form they come and love that it is another clean sheet but with Johnson now back and getting a little time maybe we'll have that attacking edge for however long the blutack and pva keeps him in one piece!

It's an odd league this time, usually two teams are running away but we have three which is a pain but I'd take 1-0 wins every time. I thought we could be struggling after 10 games and then Harry would be off so pleasantly surprised. Keep up the pace till jan and make further additions to the squad if necessary. It's all good
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 19:02 - Nov 23 with 2978 viewsted_hendrix

Boring.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 19:04 - Nov 23 with 2965 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 19:02 - Nov 23 by thame_hoops

It's an odd league this time, usually two teams are running away but we have three which is a pain but I'd take 1-0 wins every time. I thought we could be struggling after 10 games and then Harry would be off so pleasantly surprised. Keep up the pace till jan and make further additions to the squad if necessary. It's all good

Agreed. Prefer your version, much more succinct than my waffle!
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 19:07 - Nov 23 with 2943 viewsparker64

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:59 - Nov 23 by CamberleyR

We had our share of 1-0 wins that season too (8) plus three 0-0 draws. Whilst TV was a top coach and manager, that offside trap was a little bit hard to watch at times.

I remember going to Leeds for that 1-0 win under TV. We played the offside trap the whole game but I was happy. In fact it was quite entertaining watching the Leeds fans frothing at the mouth. Different times of course and the players certainly weren't earning the amount they do now and weren't ex 1st Division players.

The last 53 games have yielded 47 goals.
Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 19:08 - Nov 23 with 2937 viewsdolcelatte

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 18:59 - Nov 23 by CamberleyR

This.

Abysmal can we please start attacking teams. 3rd on goal difference. on 19:10 - Nov 23 with 1471 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The irony of the posters name shouldn't be lost
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024