Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it all over for Foolham? 18:03 - Dec 14 with 6036 viewsBrightonhoop

The only thing keeping them off the bottom is Sunderland. :-D
Is it all over for Foolham? on 16:00 - Dec 16 with 1112 viewsKonk

Is it all over for Foolham? on 14:49 - Dec 16 by MrSheen

This is why.

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/fulham-pl-h-161213-1239421.aspx

And no, I wouldn't choose to spend Boxing Day on the A11 either.

Cheers for that, Mr Sheen; solves that particular mystery. Reckon we could have had a late rush for thousands of tickets, but the ticket office have bottled it again.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Is it all over for Foolham? on 16:21 - Dec 16 with 1084 viewsSpiritofGregory

Is it all over for Foolham? on 16:00 - Dec 16 by Konk

Cheers for that, Mr Sheen; solves that particular mystery. Reckon we could have had a late rush for thousands of tickets, but the ticket office have bottled it again.

Don't blame them after Saturday.

It demonstrates the fragility of Fulham's support. Fulham's support will drop dramatically if/when they are relegated, especially if Khan doesn't reinvest in the team.

The moustached one has shown that he doesn't like putting his hand in his pocket.
Is it all over for Foolham? on 16:34 - Dec 16 with 1075 viewsKonk

Is it all over for Foolham? on 16:21 - Dec 16 by SpiritofGregory

Don't blame them after Saturday.

It demonstrates the fragility of Fulham's support. Fulham's support will drop dramatically if/when they are relegated, especially if Khan doesn't reinvest in the team.

The moustached one has shown that he doesn't like putting his hand in his pocket.

You’re right. If we do go down, I expect us to average about 2,500 at home, maybe less if we’re struggling. We are, after all, traditionally a non-league team. Away from home, I think our support will most likely dip into single figures, unless we’re doing badly, in which case I think it may go negative. Alternatively, we might get crowds similar to you lot.

Khan hasn’t had much of an opportunity to spend yet — given he’s worth £2bn, he’s not shy of a few bob and even if he decided to sell ASAP, I think he’d be looking to sell a PL club to get anything close to what he’s already spent, in which case I’d expect him to spend what’s deemed necessary to either stay-up this season or come straight back up. Same as Tony Fernandes.

Is it all over for Foolham? on 16:55 - Dec 16 with 1051 viewsKonk

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

One of my best mates in very heavily involved at the Albion and makes the following observations: (1) They announce tickets sold (like Arsenal, Man Utd etc) and have had up to 5,000 season-ticket holders not bothering with midweek games. (2) An awful lot of those new season-ticket holders are from the Sussex area, but principally support larger PL teams and have taken the opportunity to watch a decent level of football locally. (3) If they’re faffing about in mid-table in a couple of years, their support will quickly drop off as a lot of the newcomers couldn’t be bothered with the Albion before and will soon be back in the pub watching Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal etc on the telly once the novelty of live football has worn off. (4) Whilst he’s made-up to have a proper football ground again, he’s getting increasingly pi ssed-off with the whinging/demanding nature of a lot of the newer fans he comes across.

Is it all over for Foolham? on 17:42 - Dec 16 with 1009 viewsSonofNorfolt

This is pretty futile.

Konk is pretty level headed, and Fulham aren't our rivals even if we are neighbours.
They have enough to stay up.
Yes our away support is better than Fulham's, so what. Rangers should learn from Fulham's marketing department as and when we get a new ground in respect of getting bums on seats at home games.
I didn't even go to Fulham away last season, what was the point, £50 to watch us lose, when I could watch us on the telly, as I could with every other game.

I doff my cap to anyone that fancies going to Everton, but in the same breath think you are insane as I will be shocked if we bother putting a team out.
Kidderminster v Peterborough for me that day.(If you fancy a groundhop trip Konk let me know.)
For the record we have always sold our allocation at the New Den, and would fill the lower tier if they let us have it. London Bridge/Borough is a decent place for a drink.
Is it all over for Foolham? on 12:14 - Dec 17 with 930 viewsKonk

Is it all over for Foolham? on 17:42 - Dec 16 by SonofNorfolt

This is pretty futile.

Konk is pretty level headed, and Fulham aren't our rivals even if we are neighbours.
They have enough to stay up.
Yes our away support is better than Fulham's, so what. Rangers should learn from Fulham's marketing department as and when we get a new ground in respect of getting bums on seats at home games.
I didn't even go to Fulham away last season, what was the point, £50 to watch us lose, when I could watch us on the telly, as I could with every other game.

I doff my cap to anyone that fancies going to Everton, but in the same breath think you are insane as I will be shocked if we bother putting a team out.
Kidderminster v Peterborough for me that day.(If you fancy a groundhop trip Konk let me know.)
For the record we have always sold our allocation at the New Den, and would fill the lower tier if they let us have it. London Bridge/Borough is a decent place for a drink.

Thanks for the invite, Mel, but I’ll be up at Norwich watching the beginnings of our march to Wembley. This is the year. Do yourself a favour and don’t have anything to eat before the game — the Shepherd’s pie I had there was the best thing I’ve ever eaten at a football ground by a mile. Even better than the pasties at Torquay. Ridiculously tasty - the only problem was the fact it was the size and weight of a bag of sugar, which meant I couldn’t take on any of the other pies.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024