Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fit as Butchers dogs! 11:31 - Jan 6 with 3604 viewskirbys

Can anyone remember as dale side finishing as strongly as we did on Sat?
Considering we had just finished the Christmas programme and compared to how Leeds finished it, says a lot about the backroom training programmes.
Fit as Butchers dogs! on 12:00 - Jan 6 with 3554 views100notout

Good point.

I thought the lads worked really hard - chasing everything and was a little worried they might run out of steam towards the end of the game.

Needn't have worried - finished much the stronger team.

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 15:17 - Jan 6 with 3344 viewsaleanddale

Its a great point and one that should stand us in good stead as we progress throughout the season.

half way now.

Oh to do the double on Pools this Sat would set us up a treat.
Fit as Butchers dogs! on 10:11 - Jan 7 with 3104 viewsoddjob007

Think one of the Leeds fans commented that tiredness played a factor in their dreadful performance.. with the rebuttal of why were Rochdale not as tired?
Fit as Butchers dogs! on 12:22 - Jan 7 with 3038 viewsLondondale

Thought we were fairly obviously the fitter side - The Hendo goal illustrates this if you look how many men they had back and how capable we were of hitting them on the break.

Can't be any excuses for that from a Championship team, I'd be asking some serious questions if I were a Leeds fan as to why this is the case (taking nothing away from the fact that I'm sure our fitness regime and nutrition etc under Hilly are top notch)
Fit as Butchers dogs! on 12:43 - Jan 7 with 3011 viewsfitzochris

It's an interesting one this. First half, I thought Leeds were moving the ball fairly well to the extent they were stretching us by finding the spare man on the flanks.

Second half this wasn't the case and it was us moving the ball in and around them - almost effortlessly towards the end of the match.

As said, this should have been the other way round given our respective divisions. A testament to Hill and his regime.

That said, McDermott is a very well-respected coach and I don't think he will be lax when it comes to his players' fitness.

Remember before the game I alluded to his post-match interview following the Blackburn game and he bemoaned the depth of his squad - saying he couldn't rotate his first XI and they were all "dead on their feet" following the festive programme.

It certainly showed on Saturday.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 13:44 - Jan 7 with 2946 viewssandylaner1

rochdale or spain?

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 14:07 - Jan 7 with 2907 viewsDaley_Lama

For me the crowd played their part in this.

Rochdale fans first: Early nervousness in the second half gave way to sporadic cheering, chanting and singing as the belief half went on.

The almost involuntary impulse to applaud Lund as he eventually got up from a last ditch tackle swept over the TDS, it was a weird round of applause as it happened while he lay prostrate and continued throughout his treatment. It felt more like an applause for the whole team.

After 70 odd minutes or so the Leeds fan audibly turned. "You're not fit to wear the shirt" "We're beep and we know we are" "This is embarrassing" all got sung and when that happened, the Leeds players visibly slumped, the Dale players visibly grew.

If we needed any fillip, this was it and the chances suddenly started to come, eventually with it going 2-0.

After that, it was game over, we had defended too well to let it slip at that point.

Poll: DF in or out

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 15:36 - Jan 7 with 2835 viewsNotEyreClue

It seems strange to me that Brian McD was complaining about fatigue and tiredness and yet made virtually no changes to the team that played us

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Login to get fewer ads

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 15:55 - Jan 7 with 2802 viewsfitzochris

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 15:36 - Jan 7 by NotEyreClue

It seems strange to me that Brian McD was complaining about fatigue and tiredness and yet made virtually no changes to the team that played us

That's the point. It sounded to me, after the Blackburn game, like he was saying he had no faith in his wider squad and was therefore forced to play pretty much the same XI every match.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 16:09 - Jan 7 with 2778 views100notout

Was amazed looking in the programme at the size of the 2 squads - couldn't believe how small it was for a championship side.

Perhaps they have learnt their lesson from previous admin and cut their cloth accordingly. If so they are to be commended.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 16:12]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 16:17 - Jan 7 with 2751 viewsD_Alien

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 15:55 - Jan 7 by fitzochris

That's the point. It sounded to me, after the Blackburn game, like he was saying he had no faith in his wider squad and was therefore forced to play pretty much the same XI every match.

Don't really understand that either, though.

All he's achieved by doing that is sending his preferred XI on a real downer, not just in personal confidence but in the eyes of the fans.

At least when Sam Allardyce sent out the kids v Notts Forest he's protecting his First XI from an early cup exit against a team from a lower division, and none of the West Ham fans are going to get on the kids backs.

Having said that, I'm glad we beat the Leeds First XI and not a "weakened" team.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 22:07 - Jan 7 with 2601 viewsAlexF

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 13:44 - Jan 7 by sandylaner1

rochdale or spain?

this made me howl with laughter at the time. Most folk would expect a league 2 side to lump it up the field and hope for the best late on in the game. Dale played quality possession and Leeds couldnt get the ball back. Hilarious.
Fit as Butchers dogs! on 23:01 - Jan 7 with 2540 viewsNotEyreClue

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 15:55 - Jan 7 by fitzochris

I understood that but I felt like his comments were in relation to league games and were offered as some sort of reason (excuse?) as to why the league performances had been so bad lately. I thought this would have been a welcome distraction and a chance to rest these 'fatigued' players, especially seeing as gaining promotion is far and away Leeds' first priority.

The modern pioneer of mealy mouthed bollocks.

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 14:37 - Jan 8 with 2394 views49thseason

Fit as Butchers dogs! on 13:44 - Jan 7 by sandylaner1

rochdale or spain?

I think this is what Hilly calls "rinsing out"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024