Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our next manager 19:06 - Jan 8 with 12986 viewsthejack1912

Heard rumours from a number of people that Gary Monk could be at the helm next season. Could just be rumours but he's just taken over an age group at the academy as well. Thoughts?

The board usually find someone who nobody expected and do a good job.

And yes I know we're only half way through THIS season with our CURRENT manager, it's just food for thought! Especially as Laudrup has spoken of his intent to leave.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2014 19:10]

Poll: After making over 300 Apperences is Rangel a Swansea Legend?

Our next manager on 21:40 - Jan 8 with 2116 viewsthejack1912

Our next manager on 21:31 - Jan 8 by Whiterockin

When have the board said that he is good enough to manage us.

I think he means if they were to show interest.

Our next manager on 21:47 - Jan 8 with 2092 viewsraynor94

Our next manager on 21:40 - Jan 8 by thejack1912

I think he means if they were to show interest.

So come on then who are the people who told you, he's our next manager

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Our next manager on 21:58 - Jan 8 with 2051 viewsthejack1912

Our next manager on 21:47 - Jan 8 by raynor94

So come on then who are the people who told you, he's our next manager

Roumors on the terraces and a few Chinese whispers but all speculation. I asked for thoughts not hard facts, if you read the thread you'd see that.

Our next manager on 22:00 - Jan 8 with 2046 viewsPacemaker

Funny thing I heard a rumour that Monk was making himself an absolute nuisance at the club with his constant whinging and the powers that be will be glad to see the back of him.

I Have met him once or twice and found him a nice guy, so just goes to show you never know.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Our next manager on 22:01 - Jan 8 with 2045 viewsSenhin

Well, it was nice being in the top flight while it lasted.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Our next manager on 22:02 - Jan 8 with 2043 viewsBloodyhills

To be honest I think appointing Gary Monk would be very risky. He's a top bloke and has been a great player for the club but he doesn't have the experience at the moment.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Our next manager on 22:03 - Jan 8 with 2040 viewssunshinehead

The signs point toward Monk having some part to play in the future. exactly what I don't know but I have heard he's well liked and respected in the corridors of power. Could be bollocks though. Then again, Martinez was playing non league when Huw took him.
Our next manager on 22:04 - Jan 8 with 2037 viewsBloodyhills

Our next manager on 21:15 - Jan 8 by thejack1912

I don't think Tim Sherwood has a Pro licence

That's Tottenham's gamble. We shall have to see how that goes.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Our next manager on 22:08 - Jan 8 with 2029 viewsSwanseajill

I've no idea where this rumour started but, ML could possibly stay with the team he has collected and nurtured over the last couple of seasons.
Changing managers every whipstitch can ( under any football club) be disruptive to the board, the supporters, the backroom staff and the players.

As far as Gary Monk becoming our manager? well who knows.

Roberto made a right mess of us didn't he?? and look where it got .....him.
Our next manager on 22:13 - Jan 8 with 2008 viewsDanishDuck

If/when Laudrup stops Wieghorst could be the next manager.
I hope for the Swans he will be, he has proofed to be a very good manager and will have no problems finding a job.
Our next manager on 22:23 - Jan 8 with 1978 viewsmax936

Our next manager on 22:08 - Jan 8 by Swanseajill

I've no idea where this rumour started but, ML could possibly stay with the team he has collected and nurtured over the last couple of seasons.
Changing managers every whipstitch can ( under any football club) be disruptive to the board, the supporters, the backroom staff and the players.

As far as Gary Monk becoming our manager? well who knows.

Roberto made a right mess of us didn't he?? and look where it got .....him.

Good Post Jill, I remain hopeful that he stays, he seems to enjoy it here, he's got the backing of the board and seems to have control of all team affairs and apart from maybe a few words/questions from Huw on occasions, he's generally got the run of the place, he's not gonna get that abroad, so it may make sense to him to stay put.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Our next manager on 22:31 - Jan 8 with 1954 viewsSwanseajill

Our next manager on 22:23 - Jan 8 by max936

Good Post Jill, I remain hopeful that he stays, he seems to enjoy it here, he's got the backing of the board and seems to have control of all team affairs and apart from maybe a few words/questions from Huw on occasions, he's generally got the run of the place, he's not gonna get that abroad, so it may make sense to him to stay put.

Lets be honest, what we think would be the right thing for him to do, has no bearing on what he will decide.
One things for sure, we won't be able to tempt him with the filthy lucre.

Yeah he runs the team smoothly, although with all the 'managers' we have that frequent this site...you wouldn't think so at times.
Our next manager on 22:33 - Jan 8 with 1946 viewsraynor94

Our next manager on 21:58 - Jan 8 by thejack1912

Roumors on the terraces and a few Chinese whispers but all speculation. I asked for thoughts not hard facts, if you read the thread you'd see that.

I just find it nonsensical posting something that's quite obviously garbage

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Our next manager on 22:34 - Jan 8 with 1943 viewsjacktar

Heard rumours that the op better known as thejack1912 has lost his facking marbles. I believe the source is the same as that which led him to believe that Garry Monk would be our next manager after ML. Unfortunately he appears to have no substance in his opening post other than "Chinese whispers" . I hope the rumours about his sanity are as unfounded as those of Garry Monk being our next manager.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Our next manager on 22:50 - Jan 8 with 1921 viewsmax936

Our next manager on 22:31 - Jan 8 by Swanseajill

Lets be honest, what we think would be the right thing for him to do, has no bearing on what he will decide.
One things for sure, we won't be able to tempt him with the filthy lucre.

Yeah he runs the team smoothly, although with all the 'managers' we have that frequent this site...you wouldn't think so at times.

Its what makes the forum so popular mun

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Our next manager on 22:59 - Jan 8 with 1846 viewsmysonsarejacks

Our next manager on 22:50 - Jan 8 by max936

Its what makes the forum so popular mun

Here is a very good candidate for future manager when required - Mauricio Pellegrino

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Our next manager on 23:09 - Jan 8 with 1830 viewsjamiewales

I was out on the town and we bumped into Tate (few years ago) , had a few drinks with him (a good laugh) then stumbles along Gary Monk who joined us and Gary monk acted like a complete utter bellend, very disrespectful towards people who wanted to buy him a drink, i got no time for him after that, as a manager, not going to happen, but a great player nether the less
Our next manager on 23:42 - Jan 8 with 1786 viewsS0LID

I bet we end up with sven. He's always a top candidate for teams.
Our next manager on 01:27 - Jan 9 with 1733 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Our next manager on 22:13 - Jan 8 by DanishDuck

If/when Laudrup stops Wieghorst could be the next manager.
I hope for the Swans he will be, he has proofed to be a very good manager and will have no problems finding a job.

What proof is there that Wieghorst is capable of improving Swansea City at present?

I don't believe he's managed in a top league has he? Ludicrous.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Our next manager on 02:42 - Jan 9 with 1719 viewsCatullus

I've not noticed the board say anything either way.
Thing is, we have no idea what he's capable of. He could be another Cusack, which would be a shame! But he could be fantastic too.
I don't expect him to be in the running. But why slate him, if he got the job I'd give him a fair chance.
I also remember the things said about Rodgers, he turned out ok!!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Our next manager on 07:15 - Jan 9 with 1679 viewsLord_Bony

It s always going to be a double edged sword.

If we do well this season with Epl,Europa,Fa cup etc then Laudrups profile will be right up there and he will be head hunted by bigger,possibly continental clubs.offerings of big money,prestige etc would be hard to say no...

On the other hand if we re pretty mundane from here on in and barely stay up then likewise there will be far less interest and he may wish to stay put for another season or two as he s on a good thing here.
Damned if we do,damned if we don t type thing.

Gary Monk would not even be considered to run an established premier league club,his lack of experience and track record would be WAY TO RISKY... And Ollie? Leave it out. ..lol

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Our next manager on 07:24 - Jan 9 with 1664 viewsRancid

It'll all depend on how things pan out in the second half of the season.We struggle and he'll more than likely leave.We prosper and with the prospect of more money and signings he might think he can have another go at it and improve us again.I'd prefer the latter, personally.
Our next manager on 07:45 - Jan 9 with 1652 viewscontroversial_jack

Graham Jones is very well thought of at the Liberty.
Our next manager on 09:48 - Jan 9 with 1586 viewsperchrockjack

I ll be happy if we stay up ,frankly. Really cant see Monk being given the job -a huge job- of managing an established PL club. I would have thought that without previous management experience and/or without having played at the very highest level this would not be the best for our club but ve faith that Hubert will get the rightt man which I too believe might be Bergkamp.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Our next manager on 09:56 - Jan 9 with 1581 viewswaynekerr55

Our next manager on 09:48 - Jan 9 by perchrockjack

I ll be happy if we stay up ,frankly. Really cant see Monk being given the job -a huge job- of managing an established PL club. I would have thought that without previous management experience and/or without having played at the very highest level this would not be the best for our club but ve faith that Hubert will get the rightt man which I too believe might be Bergkamp.

I would be happy with Bergkamp - not because of his playing career but because of his experience of coaching and working with the nippers and building a foundation at Ajax

That said I think if an outsider is given the job, then it would be nice to see KOL and Monks on board as they are doing things in the right way, unlike Phil "freeze" Neville

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024