Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players ratings 22:03 - Dec 19 with 1378 views1949er

It seems as if anyone who criticiises a dale player is immediately castigated for their impudence. One player receives the ball, passes it to a nearest team mate for the entire match, is rewarded with plaudits for his ability to pass the ball sideways and backwards creating nothing ray wilkins made a career with this tactic if he can carry on conning the rose tinted glasses brigade , so be it , but he does not fool me

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Players ratings on 22:08 - Dec 19 with 1357 viewsD_Alien

And that, after he saw fit to publicly humiliate Andy Cannon earlier this season, basically accusing him of lacking guts.

Can you imagine his reaction if someone shouted "Cannon you need to man up" from behind the dugout?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players ratings on 22:57 - Dec 19 with 1313 viewsmholt44

Wow , we really do have some uneducated fans and I'm with Keith all the way. How can you become disengaged from the philosophy and ethos that Keith has set out. Granted, he can be aloof, eccentric, bizarre and sometimes rude, but aren't the best managers in the world the same (Mourinho, Ferguson etxc|). I'm not comparing him to the latter but he has the same qualification as them (Pro Licence). He can rub shoulders with them and deserves our respect. We sit above Swindon, Blackpool Shrewsbury Doncaster Scunthorpe Oldham Fleetwood Barnsley Crewe and chesterfield and within 3 points of Bury Millwall and Sheff UTD. We are 4 points from the play off positions, its xmas, half way through the season. We get gates of 2500, we are solvent , money in the bank and in League 1. We have been in league 1 for 4 seasons out of the last 38. We have 5 players from the academy excelling in league 1. We are punching so far above our weight its frightening. Some people on this site need to get some perspective. All of the teams I have mentioned attract far bigger gates than us, have far bigger budgets than us, have been in league 1 and the championship for longer than we have been in league 1. We need to get some perspective. I had a pop at a fan who sits behind me today who is a big player in the supporters trust . He started to berate the players, McDermott in particular after 2 mins, he stated get it forward, stop pissing about....2 mins. He's done it for 2 years, he's so negative its unreal, he's not the only one in the main stand. I'm sure there are others in all parts of the grounds. Put them right, tell them. OMG. We have so many uneducated fans, its not their fault, football has evolved in the last 5 years, we have managers at this level with a pro licence, managers who promote youth, managers who play systems and use strategies and training methods that Mourinho and Ferguson have used. Banging it forward playing back to front football is so archaic. however that's what the uneducated and the older element want, its all they know. I coach at academy level, have a UEFA B Licence coaching badge and I can relate to and APPRECIATE What Keith is doing. We are trying to play cultured football, playing through the thirds, patient football where re cycling and moving from one side of the pitch to the other, drawing the opposition out and dictating play towards an overload are part of a strategy that exits in modern day football. We might not have the players to be 100% successful doing this, but we are trying to do things the right way and to date we have been bloody successful. The players are being educated to PLAY, we don't have the right to berate, we are fans, supporters, we have had one hell of a ride with Keith, the best 10 years in the clubs history. Fans can be very short sighted, to eager for the next 3 points. Don't forget this club has never, never, never been in league 1 for 3 consecutive seasons... never, just bear that in mind when you say we were crap today, Keith has lost the plot, we need a striker...etc. I hate the fact that some of our supporters are flying their premier league flag of sack him get someone else in....remember Coleman, Eyre, Jesus Christ have a day off. If you want to come to a game and slag everyone off for 90 mins, stay at home and do it to the missus. Support the team or stay away . Failing that get educated and change the record, we've never had it so good. !!!!
Players ratings on 00:05 - Dec 20 with 1254 viewsD_Alien

Players ratings on 22:57 - Dec 19 by mholt44

Wow , we really do have some uneducated fans and I'm with Keith all the way. How can you become disengaged from the philosophy and ethos that Keith has set out. Granted, he can be aloof, eccentric, bizarre and sometimes rude, but aren't the best managers in the world the same (Mourinho, Ferguson etxc|). I'm not comparing him to the latter but he has the same qualification as them (Pro Licence). He can rub shoulders with them and deserves our respect. We sit above Swindon, Blackpool Shrewsbury Doncaster Scunthorpe Oldham Fleetwood Barnsley Crewe and chesterfield and within 3 points of Bury Millwall and Sheff UTD. We are 4 points from the play off positions, its xmas, half way through the season. We get gates of 2500, we are solvent , money in the bank and in League 1. We have been in league 1 for 4 seasons out of the last 38. We have 5 players from the academy excelling in league 1. We are punching so far above our weight its frightening. Some people on this site need to get some perspective. All of the teams I have mentioned attract far bigger gates than us, have far bigger budgets than us, have been in league 1 and the championship for longer than we have been in league 1. We need to get some perspective. I had a pop at a fan who sits behind me today who is a big player in the supporters trust . He started to berate the players, McDermott in particular after 2 mins, he stated get it forward, stop pissing about....2 mins. He's done it for 2 years, he's so negative its unreal, he's not the only one in the main stand. I'm sure there are others in all parts of the grounds. Put them right, tell them. OMG. We have so many uneducated fans, its not their fault, football has evolved in the last 5 years, we have managers at this level with a pro licence, managers who promote youth, managers who play systems and use strategies and training methods that Mourinho and Ferguson have used. Banging it forward playing back to front football is so archaic. however that's what the uneducated and the older element want, its all they know. I coach at academy level, have a UEFA B Licence coaching badge and I can relate to and APPRECIATE What Keith is doing. We are trying to play cultured football, playing through the thirds, patient football where re cycling and moving from one side of the pitch to the other, drawing the opposition out and dictating play towards an overload are part of a strategy that exits in modern day football. We might not have the players to be 100% successful doing this, but we are trying to do things the right way and to date we have been bloody successful. The players are being educated to PLAY, we don't have the right to berate, we are fans, supporters, we have had one hell of a ride with Keith, the best 10 years in the clubs history. Fans can be very short sighted, to eager for the next 3 points. Don't forget this club has never, never, never been in league 1 for 3 consecutive seasons... never, just bear that in mind when you say we were crap today, Keith has lost the plot, we need a striker...etc. I hate the fact that some of our supporters are flying their premier league flag of sack him get someone else in....remember Coleman, Eyre, Jesus Christ have a day off. If you want to come to a game and slag everyone off for 90 mins, stay at home and do it to the missus. Support the team or stay away . Failing that get educated and change the record, we've never had it so good. !!!!

Yes, we understand all that.

Keith Hill is still bang out of order with his comments.

Watching MOTD just now, at least two managers and a couple of players also, when being interviewed, said they understood when fans become a bit frustrated. Why can't Hill? It's just what football fans do sometimes. And I'll tell you what, a lot of us are a damned site more educated in life in general than Keith Hill.

He's the one who needs to get a sense of perspective.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Players ratings on 01:36 - Dec 20 with 1212 viewsTVOS1907

Players ratings on 22:57 - Dec 19 by mholt44

Dale were in the third tier for five consecutive seasons from 1969-1974.

Anyway, your post is very interesting, if a little hard to read, but the bottom line is that you and the manager are reacting to the likes of Bazinga, ParkinsGimp and a very small minority of fans at Spotland, who say and do nothing different to fans at any other ground in the country.

The vast majority of the fans are supportive, positive and realise exactly what Hill and the club are trying to achieve, yet they are lumped in with this minority.

I'd suggest it's not them who are uneducated.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Players ratings on 16:20 - Dec 20 with 1067 views1mark1

Players ratings on 01:36 - Dec 20 by TVOS1907

Dale were in the third tier for five consecutive seasons from 1969-1974.

Anyway, your post is very interesting, if a little hard to read, but the bottom line is that you and the manager are reacting to the likes of Bazinga, ParkinsGimp and a very small minority of fans at Spotland, who say and do nothing different to fans at any other ground in the country.

The vast majority of the fans are supportive, positive and realise exactly what Hill and the club are trying to achieve, yet they are lumped in with this minority.

I'd suggest it's not them who are uneducated.

Indeed, if there is a post about slagging off the Dale fans, at least get the facts right, about our previous stint in the third tier, and the fact that it is a small minority of fans who might actually show displeasure at a match.

Very patronising post to call Dale fans uneducated, and I too will say it's them that's uneducated, especially when they can't even get a massive part of knowledge of our history correct, about our previous time in the old Division Three. Also don't assume because fans don't like a particular style or method of play, that they don't understand it.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024